Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Traveller's Rest Hotel - A Warning

alessandro_no

As I said before i'm not up on the current Thai legal avenues in which the owner might seek redress however I think his first port of call would be 'the motorbike taxi guys from down the road' court. Should that not prove successful he may then appeal to the 'couple of crooked cop buddies' court of appeal. If that should not go his way and he applies for and is given permission he may go to the 'Local Police chief and Thai mafia' house of Lords. That is the court of final appeal an is prohibitively expensive, he might find it cheaper to buy a new guesthouse.

Let's keep this thread away from idol speculation as to how it might be resolved beyond whatever would satisfy the OP. Thank you.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its no argument, Rats, Cockroaches and building work which is waking customers, If customer wishes to leave, give him is money back.

Fie dollah

basthehoop is a satisfied customer, perhaps Mr Brennan should have him framed :GoldenSmile1:

Faulty Towers joke, I couldn't resist.

Have your 5 witnesses had the courage to personally confront the owner or hide behind the anonomity of the forum.

Do you know if they confronted the owner face to face so that the facts could be ascertained at the time of the incidents? Perhaps not. Be interesting to find out wouldn't it.

Yes, I informed the staff (a Thai lady) that the hotel had rats and cockroaches. I'm not positive but I think the Thai lady was the owner's wife. Does that satisfy your "confront the owner" requirement?

Frankly, as a dissatisfied customer...isn't it my prerogative to simply check out and leave? Why do you feel you have the right to chastise me for how I choose to handle my dissatisfaction?

I'm not talking about a undercooked steak or a broken toilet. I'm talking about an unsanitary health hazard. Rats and cockroaches can transmit diseases and I have ZERO tolerance for staying in a hotel that doesn't take sanitation and cleanliness seriously.

Why do you think you can TELL me that I am obligated to stay in a dirty, unsanitary hotel?

Why do you think you can TELL me that I am obligated to "confront the owner?" Some people do not enjoy confrontation and just quietly leave. You, sir, seem to enjoy confrontation but not everyone is like you.

And seriously....do you think the owner could have cured the rodent problem before I went to bed that night? Rodent eradication can take days.

I submit that you are out of line for telling other people how they have to live their lives. And you are certainly out of line for calling me a liar earlier.

It really doesn't hurt to be a nice person.

Additionally, it is pretty well known that the Travelers Rest is for sale. My guess is that the owner is unwilling/reluctant to spend money on a business that he is selling.

Cleaning and sanitation is not rocket science but it requires a regular, consistent, dedicated attention. That costs money.

Additionally, it is pretty well known that the Travelers Rest is for sale. My guess is that the owner is unwilling/reluctant to spend money on a business that he is selling.

It's "For Sale" so what? Everything on that Soi, and in most of Pattaya, is "For Sale" if the offer is high enough! Means NOTHING in the context of this thread. :Blah2: :Blah2: :Blah2:

It's "For Sale" so what? Everything on that Soi, and in most of Pattaya, is "For Sale" if the offer is high enough! Means NOTHING in the context of this thread. :Blah2: :Blah2: :Blah2:

I respectfully disagree. The current owner is unwilling to spend money to maintain the property. That unwillingness may very well be because he is selling the property. Most people would agree that a committed, long-term owner would be more willing to invest/maintain the property.

Well I think he should know himself, if he's tripping over rats, and the sound of squashing cockroaches under his shoes...... Oh! and renovating rooms in the middle of high season, knowing well it was going to disturb his guests.

Hey, Rats like need a place to party, too!

rat.jpg

I never heard of this place, and the fact that most places on Soi LK Metro are known should have been a warning. Also, the bad experience you had could have been avoided if you had started a topic asking about the place. I would never commit to a place for one month without first having all the information that could have been obtained on this forum.

...............the bad experience you had could have been avoided if you had started a topic asking about the place. I would never commit to a place for one month without first having all the information that could have been obtained on this forum.

Alternatively, use the Silver Button next to the Search Box and look for Traveller's Rest.

The clues are there.

there is lots of places that get good reviews on here for good service and they get praise.So if a buisness is not interested in there customers complaints as there the ones that keep there baht comming in i see no reason not to name and shame for bad service so other people dont suffer the same problems..

there is lots of places that get good reviews on here for good service and they get praise.So if a buisness is not interested in there customers complaints as there the ones that keep there baht comming in i see no reason not to name and shame for bad service so other people dont suffer the same problems..

I agree and that is why I praised Irish Rover, Metro, and Bulldog as quality hotels in my original post.

And to think, this all started over a few cockies, rats and a bloke next door with a hammer.

Amazing thread.

Imagine how big it would be if started because the cockies were being chased through the room and kitchen for food by the rats, soi cats were chasing the rats, soi dogs chasing the soi cats, the bloke with the hammer actually had a jackhammer and a mate with a radio playing very loud Isaan music, and the owners wife running through the rooms and kitchen chasing them all with one of those funny witches brooms they use there. Then the Thai staff would think she was a ghost (as Thais do) and Al and his faithful bloodhound pepsi along with the black guy who wants to tokenly die, could have their first job as ghost busters with their wave sidecar, vacuum cleaner and all sirens blaring.

And I haven't even mentioned Khun Owner yet.

Can't wait for the epilogue.

i read this thread quickly so i might had missed the finer points,but who on earth pay for a months advance,i think there a lot of places in that area that you pay about 10% -25% in advance a troll?

i read this thread quickly so i might had missed the finer points,but who on earth pay for a months advance,i think there a lot of places in that area that you pay about 10% -25% in advance a troll?

:Oops5: :Oops5: :Oops5:

actually to get a monthly rate somewhere you have to pay for a month .. otherwise its like the .. daily/weekly rate?

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

<br />actually to get a monthly rate somewhere you have to pay for a month .. otherwise its like the .. daily/weekly rate?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

yes, that is correct.

This topic has run its course and is closed. If the owner of the guesthouse in question or OP wishes to add further details we will re-open it.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived