IGNORED

Traveller's Rest Hotel - A Warning

alessandro_no

You really should get your facts straight before you start typing next time.

Read this message IT IS NOT MY HOTEL and YOU ARE NOT MY CUSTOMER

I just happen to be a "Satisfied Customer of long standing" at the Travellers Rest.

IMHO what is being broadcast on this forum is a total fabrication of the truth.

But as I previously remarked I do not have all the facts to hand.

But when I do I will then make my feelings known in no uncertain terms.

Until then may I suggest yet again that you "read before you write"

Why did you state that it was "a total fabrication of the truth" when as you stated "I do not have all the facts to hand"... you have just contradicted yourself there.

And when you state "When I do (have all the facts) I will then make my feelings known in no uncertain terms".......... shouldn't you wait till then? Instead of slinging handbags prematurely!

What I can see on this thread is 5 dissatisfied customers (including the Japanese guy) and only 1 backing up this guesthouse, which so far out weighs your argument. If this was a democratic vote, it's quite clear who the looser is.

Sure there is two sides to every story, but if the other side can't be bothered, and has nothing to say on the matter...... then it guilty as charged. IMHO, the man is too embarrassed to speak up for himself.

And when you say "read before you write" I say to you "get the facts before you write!"

The Paultain Experience (Chronicles of a Whore Monger) Also the book is available in ebook format for ipad, ipod & iphone!!!!

http://www.blurb.com.../detail/1200741

Trip Report 2009

http://www.pattaya-a...-paultain-2009/

Trip Report 2010

http://www.pattaya-a...67#entry1185467

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In that case It's difficult to imagine that you are not aware of some of the alleged occurrences eg. either there are noisy renovations going on somewhere or not?

If there are and the OP moved to a small room, then most people would expect a partial refund.

It is from that alleged refusal that the rest of it has come to pass.

Lol - :GoldenSmile1:

I note with interest that you say "alleged"

I want gold stamped proof first then we can talk. Do you have any?

I also believe it is not what you say it is how you say it.

Why did you state that it was "a total fabrication of the truth" when as you stated "I do not have all the facts to hand"... you have just contradicted yourself there.

And when you state "When I do (have all the facts) I will then make my feelings known in no uncertain terms".......... shouldn't you wait till then? Instead of slinging handbags prematurely!

What I can see on this thread is 5 dissatisfied customers (including the Japanese guy) and only 1 backing up this guesthouse, which so far out weighs your argument. If this was a democratic vote, it's quite clear who the looser is.

Sure there is two sides to every story, but if the other side can't be bothered, and has nothing to say on the matter...... then it guilty as charged. IMHO, the man is too embarrassed to speak up for himself.

And when you say "read before you write" I say to you "get the facts before you write!"

Am I not entitled to an opinion now?

You have made yours pretty clear.

My response is also polite!

You Sir (a capital letter S should always be used) are attempting to play Devils Advocate.

I really have no wish to get into a debate with you on this board or with you through Private Messaging.

You Sir are entitled to your opinion I am entitled to mine.

I apologise if I in anyway accused you of lying. That was never my intention.

I just find it very strange and coincidental (along with others I might add) that you suddenly pop up with your accusations at this time.

Did you attend to them at the time they reportedly happened? If so what was the outcome?

If not then I ask you to now please carefully consider having the courage to face the man you are accusing instead of hiding behind the anonimity of this forum.

They do say that "Actions speak far greater than Words".

The OP did say that he approached the owner with his complaint and was then confronted by four Thai men who were brought to his room. You can't expect others to do the same and possibly get a good hiding for their trouble!

You have made yours pretty clear.

Yes of course you are entitled to your opinion, but think before you give it, and try to make it as flawless as possible!

And yes I made my opinion pretty clear, as it's simple mathematics "5 to 1"

It's quite clear that it isn't just one customer with an axe to grind, when there is another 4 standing in line right behind him!

It's 5 eye witnesses who have experienced the same thing....... you simply can't make that up!

And 5 eye witnesses, is enough to put any body away.

Now instead of handbag slinging....... you come back with what you think is the real story, after you get the so called facts..... then we can talk!

The Paultain Experience (Chronicles of a Whore Monger) Also the book is available in ebook format for ipad, ipod & iphone!!!!

Trip Report 2009

Trip Report 2010

I note with interest that you say "alleged"

I also believe it is not what you say it is how you say it.

Since Pepe and yourself started using legalese, I thought I ought to follow suit.

The proof would be photos and VDO perhaps, but if the circumstances were as described then I don't think that would have resulted in a Happy Ending.

Other proof might have been witnesses, but it sounds like most of this took place without any.

What other proof are you looking for? Evidence of the standard of room booked, Receipts etc?

Sorry, I don't understand the last sentence.

Yes of course you are entitled to your opinion, but think before you give it, and try to make it as flawless as possible!

And yes I made my opinion pretty clear, as it's simple mathematics "5 to 1"

It's quite clear that it isn't just one customer with an axe to grind, when there is another 4 standing in line right behind him!

It's 5 eye witnesses who have experienced the same thing....... you simply can't make that up!

And 5 eye witnesses, is enough to put any body away.

Now instead of handbag slinging....... you come back with what you think is the real story, after you get the so called facts..... then we can talk!

Have your 5 witnesses had the courage to personally confront the owner or hide behind the anonomity of the forum.

Do you know if they confronted the owner face to face so that the facts could be ascertained at the time of the incidents? Perhaps not. Be interesting to find out wouldn't it.

Have your 5 witnesses had the courage to personally confront the owner or hide behind the anonomity of the forum.

Do you know if they confronted the owner face to face so that the facts could be ascertained at the time of the incidents? Perhaps not. Be interesting to find out wouldn't it.

How is that relevant? People received poor service and that is the issue here. The fact (if it really is fact) that they did not inform the business owner of the problem is irrelevant. If a customer does not bring up a problem with a business does that mean that they do not have the right to tell others? Sorry the world does not work that way.

In any event the OP certainly did bring up the problems and look at the response it got.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yada yada yada........... Man like I said, just find out the facts from the other side of the argument, then bring it forward.

Stop going on about nothing until you do!

And FYI, I am concentrating on the bad condition of the place, and the bad management.

The OP originally posted about that only, and the Thai thugs and threats came after that!

If he's your drinking buddy, the best thing for you to do is to tell him what is being said here, and give him a chance to rectify things, there is always time to mend his ways, and recover, instead of batting in his corner for him here.

Trip Report 2009

Trip Report 2010

How is that relevant? People received poor service and that is the issue here. The fact (if it really is fact) that they did not inform the business owner of the problem is irrelevant. If a customer does not bring up a problem with a business does that mean that they do not have the right to tell others? Sorry the world does not work that way.

In any event the OP certainly did bring up the problems and look at the response it got.

Pray just how does an owner get to know if there is a problem if he is not advised of it by the client.

You cannot take action over something you know nothing about.

Telling others is certainly not the first action that I would have made. After yes maybe before no.

But that is me as you say not others

Strange old world we live in isnt it.

Pray just how does an owner get to know if there is a problem if he is not advised of it by the client.

Telling others is certainly not the first action that I would have made. After yes maybe before no.

LOL..I'm holding my tongue.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

LOL..I'm holding my tongue.

Me to

I have now been advised that the owner has the whole of this matter in hand and that it has now possibly gone legal.

So I will be having no further involvement in the matter.

But will let things naturally take their course.

Cheerio

The OP confronted the owner who in turn confronted him with 4 Thai men, he'd paid up front and wanted a refund because his accommodation was below par, you can discover this if you read the OP's opening thread. The other complainants probably just voted with their feet and possibly had not paid up front. Some digs in Pattaya as anywhere in the world are not noted for their concerns over customer satisfaction and it appears this Traveler's Rest is one of them.

Please Sir, be clear. Is it gold stamped proof you require or opinion?

The OP has stated when he confronted the defendent owner he responded with physical threats and intimidation.

In life you often have to deal with the cards you are dealt. The witnesses have made their statements before this court ahem thread. The owner has right of reply here.

The OP has stated in his evidence that at the time of the alleged confrontation with the thugs the owner clearly indicated he knew of the existence of this court thread.

The OP did attempt to clear this matter up before taking further action. As for the other witnesses BMs you may cross examine ask them if they also did the same however many people prefer to avoid trouble or confrontation in these situations. Whether they took up their problems wiith the owner at the time will not affect the truth of their evidence claims.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Well I think he should know himself, if he's tripping over rats, and the sound of squashing cockroaches under his shoes...... Oh! and renovating rooms in the middle of high season, knowing well it was going to disturb his guests. When any one with half a brain would have done it in low season...... I think it's a strange old world HE lives in!

Trip Report 2009

Trip Report 2010

bad business practice should be mercilessly exposed and those businesses destroyed or forced to changed now we have the power of the internet .. there is too much scamming in pattaya but things are a lot better and standards a lot higher than they could be thanks to forums like this. businesses have ample opportunity to defend and redeem themselves on here .. its a level playing field!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Please Sir, be clear. Is it gold stamped proof you require or opinion?

The OP has stated when he confronted the defendent owner he responded with physical threats and intimidation.

In life you often have to deal with the cards you are dealt. The witnesses have made their statements before this court ahem thread. The owner has right of reply here.

The OP has stated in his evidence that at the time of the alleged confrontation with the thugs the owner clearly indicated he knew of the existence of this court thread.

The OP did attempt to clear this matter up before taking further action. As for the other witnesses BMs you may cross examine ask them if they also did the same however many people prefer to avoid trouble or confrontation in these situations. Whether they took up their problems wiith the owner at the time will not affect the truth of their evidence claims.

LOL, I have tears in my eyes...OK I am off the the bar crawl.... :GoldenSmile1:

This little discussion has been going on for 6 days,500 hits per day, someone is going to lose bigtime,for something that could have been fixed from day one.

Money certainly changes people for the worse.

I have now been advised that the owner has the whole of this matter in hand and that it has now possibly gone legal.

Really?:rolleyes:

Though I fully admit I know little of Thai legal affairs or the court system over there but I would hazard a guess it might have been a little bit cheaper to have given the refund! I think I read a recent thread where 1000 baht was mentioned just for a lawyer to witness a signature!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Me to

So I will be having no further involvement in the matter.

But will let things naturally take their course.

Cheerio

Good! Makes a change from Thai thugs and death threats! Or when you said 'LEGAL', did he mean paying off a couple of crooked cop buddies?

Trip Report 2009

Trip Report 2010

Good! Makes a change from Thai thugs and death threats! Or when you said 'LEGAL', did he mean paying off a couple of crooked cop buddies?

As I said before i'm not up on the current Thai legal avenues in which the owner might seek redress however I think his first port of call would be 'the motorbike taxi guys from down the road' court. Should that not prove successful he may then appeal to the 'couple of crooked cop buddies' court of appeal. If that should not go his way and he applies for and is given permission he may go to the 'Local Police chief and Thai mafia' house of Lords. That is the court of final appeal an is prohibitively expensive, he might find it cheaper to buy a new guesthouse.

RULES

1NQq.gif

As I said before i'm not up on the current Thai legal avenues in which the owner might seek redress however I think his first port of call would be 'the motorbike taxi guys from down the road' court. Should that not prove successful he may then appeal to the 'couple of crooked cop buddies' court of appeal. If that should not go his way and he applies for and is given permission he may go to the 'Local Police chief and Thai mafia' house of Lords. That is the court of final appeal an is prohibitively expensive, he might find it cheaper to buy a new guesthouse.

Ho man I am in tears laughing at your last two posts............ bloody brilliant, well put Pepe.

I only hope that the OP posts a couple, so that we know he's still alive, or not in hospital, or not in the monkeyhouse on a bum rap.

Trip Report 2009

Trip Report 2010

I did not. I remember Brennan much as the OP has described and I simply didn't see the point.

Having paid for 2 nights on arrival at about 11pm I had more or less gone straight out until early hours and I certainly didn't feel like shipping out next morning, so I endured my second night. Also it was 6th January and I didn't want to pack my stuff until I found somewhere. I got into the Lek hotel for my third night.

I gave my friend some grief for checking me in there without looking at the room and I don't see why I can't tell others.

Everything was shabby/dirty/sticky and the ceiling in the toilet had been partly torn down or fallen down due to a heavy and continuing water leak from above.

Not how I'd hoped to start my first ever holiday in Pattaya.

There was much too much wrong for the owner to be unaware. The place was a shambles.

The other complainants probably just voted with their feet and possibly had not paid up front. Some digs in Pattaya as anywhere in the world are not noted for their concerns over customer satisfaction and it appears this Traveler's Rest is one of them.

Precisely. My instinct was to just get out of there and enjoy my holiday, which is still continuing 4 years later.

I maybe should have looked at the room first, but I assumed my 'friend' knew the place and he did not.

It's not a case of "having the courage", I just don't waste my time on hopeless causes.

.................... As for the other witnesses BMs you may cross examine ask them if they also did the same however many people prefer to avoid trouble or confrontation in these situations. Whether they took up their problems wiith the owner at the time will not affect the truth of their evidence claims.

It appears that the Defence has left the Courtroom and we await the appearance of the Accused in some form, legal or otherwise.

We continue without Mr Hoop I'm afraid.

Well I think he should know himself, .................

I'm sure the owner has been well aware of the state of his rooms for a long long time.

What I don't know is whether there has been some renovation and there are some rooms which are OK.

What we need is some investigative undercover journalism. Any volunteers?

No. The Galloping Major has gone for the nuclear option: Somchai Rumpole, famed for his defence of the Nakhon Nowhere Nine.

images.jpg

As I said before i'm not up on the current Thai legal avenues in which the owner might seek redress ..................

This should not be a Police matter (putting aside the death threats) but it is possible they would get involved for a fee.

Joking aside, the owner doesn't have much of a case against the OP and he has his money anyway.

The only legal action I imagine he might like to take would be to attack PA and get this thread removed.

Even if it was removed here and now, I think its work has been done - over 3000 hits later.

There are lots of forums with lots of bad reviews for hotels etc.

I don't think the answer is to try to suppress the criticism.

The answer is to improve the service or move on.

I don't know if Brennan is an ex pro, but his hotel business seems to have survived on the back of the GOLF according to the google results.

Archived