IGNORED

Traveller's Rest Hotel - A Warning

alessandro_no

@pipdno1,

indeed you are overly suspicious. I have never even been to the establishment. I was merely pointing out that the complainant willingly gave the money and as such it was not stolen. If he had his wallet pickpocketed or his room broken into then it would have been stolen. Simple really. Im posting this as i am a lawyer so i do know what im on about. Tell you what pay for my legal services with no guarantees on winning a case and no money back guarantee. We dont win case see if you can call the police to get your money back. Sorry life doesnt work like that. As i said I feel for the guy but complaint doesnt mean money back in all cases

Thanks for clearing that up. I can't say I agree with the examples you've given being similar to the OP'S complaint but it is nice to see differing opinions on any forum. :001_Thank_You5:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe i'm being overly suspicious but it strikes me as odd that this is only your 2nd post since sept 2007!!

Awesome! I agree

It's only his money if he fulfills his contractual obligations.

Next time you pay a BF for a little cutie who goes into the back to get changed then some rotten 50 yr old comes out expecting you to take her tell me, who's money is it?

Well put. That may clear things up for that dude who thinks I'm not entitled to a refund

Im sure you believe you have a genuine gripe with MR.Brennan but please this guy has not stolen any money from you at all. As soon as you hand over your money it becomes his money. The matter of a refund is completely different. I agree it would have been a goodwill gesture but if it not on the contract you signed or company policy then im sorry but its his money to do with what he wants.

The money has been taken under false pretenses and an honest, scrupulous man would see his way clear to granting a refund under these circumstances.

If you handed me over a sum of money for a set of golf clubs for instance and I kept your money and did not give you the clubs or only gave you half of them, then that would be alright with you would it? According to your reasoning you've given me the money so that makes it my money, what about my side of the bargain?

Guys I dont make the laws i just work within them. I agree with you all a goodwill gesture should/could have been made but he doesnt have to.

@yogi100

the difference is the complainant was given a room and he stayed in it. If i had paid for the golf clubs and never been given them then yes i would have a case to get my money back. If you had given them to me, i had used them and then i was unhappy with them then no i wouldnt be able to get a refund.

There have been cases on PA where fellows have had gripes with certain businesses. One springs to my mind and that was regarding the Pattaya Beer Garden when the boss answered the complaint and offered a refund, an explanation and his apologies. That probably earned his restaurant no end of goodwill, pleased the complainant and encouraged new would be customers to dine at the venue.

Mr Brennan would prove himself to be a good businessman were he to do likewise in this case. The fact that so far neither he nor his representative have bothered to comment on the matter speaks volumes for his attitude, character and reputation. He must be aware of the existence of this thread by now.

There have been cases on PA where fellows have had gripes with certain businesses. One springs to my mind and that was regarding the Pattaya Beer Garden when the boss answered the complaint and offered a refund, an explanation and his apologies. That probably earned his restaurant no end of goodwill, pleased the complainant and encouraged new would be customers to dine at the venue.

Mr Brennan would prove himself to be a good businessman were he to do likewise in this case. The fact that so far neither he nor his representative have bothered to comment on the matter speaks volumes for his character and reputation. He must be aware of the existence of this thread by now.

He is fully aware of the thread as he mentioned it when he was cursing me out this morning. The thing is, he probably knows he's in the wrong although he refuse to admit it.

Hence he's taking his time formulating a handfull of lies before responding. If he were to tell the truth he could've posted already as the truth doesn't take days to make up.

.............. I was merely pointing out that the complainant willingly gave the money and as such it was not stolen. If he had his wallet pickpocketed or his room broken into then it would have been stolen. Simple really. Im posting this as i am a lawyer so i do know what im on about. Tell you what pay for my legal services with no guarantees on winning a case and no money back guarantee. We dont win case see if you can call the police to get your money back. Sorry life doesnt work like that. As i said I feel for the guy but complaint doesnt mean money back in all cases

You are right to an extent.

Theft requires an intention to permanently deprive the OP of his property/money.

If, as the OP suggests, the Hotelier took the month's rent knowing full well that the room was not usable (not fit for the purpose intended) due to the building work that he knew was going on, then I think the OP is entitled to stretch the legal definition of theft to encompass that and call it theft for the purpose of this discussion. In a Civil Court it might be Fraud but not Theft.

In reality, it is a Civil Matter, so in any scenario (not including the alleged death threats etc) your own suggestion that he might be able to involve the Police if legal action failed is not correct as they would not usually get involved in a Civil matter (unless you pay them to).

I would not bother with the BiB but the Tourist Police have a different function (and no guns) so they might be persuaded to referee this situation to a satisfactory conclusion, but as it is between 2 farangs I doubt it.

Probably the only recourse the OP has is the one he has chosen.

Are you qualified in Thai Law?

Guys I dont make the laws i just work within them. I agree with you all a goodwill gesture should/could have been made but he doesnt have to.

@yogi100

the difference is the complainant was given a room and he stayed in it. If i had paid for the golf clubs and never been given them then yes i would have a case to get my money back. If you had given them to me, i had used them and then i was unhappy with them then no i wouldnt be able to get a refund.

quite clearly you do not make the laws

When you purchase a hotel room it has to fulfill its basic purpose---sleeping. As the customer quite clearly could not sleep in the room it was not fit for the purpose. The customer was the DOWNGRADED to a room a quarter of the size, quite clearly another breach of the original agreement

the customer is entitled compensation

@Edge

Everything you say is indeed 100% correct. It was the word 'stolen' which i deem to be incorrect.

I was useing the example of the police in my country not in Thailand. Either way i agree they would have no power to do anything

Enough of calling this guy Mr. Brennan, or Mr. Fergus. What we should be calling him is Bitch Brennan and Bitch Fergus. I fully believe the OP's story and there is no reason not to. I do not need to hear the other side of the story, I do not need to hear other people's opinion, and I definitely do not need to hear anyone who has not posted in 4 years and has 2 total posts. In America, we believe customers simply do not mouth off such accusations about a business unless something horrible has happened. It takes a hell of a lot for a customer to be motivated enough to want to go public and tell people about such a bad experience. That is why there is no reason to doubt the OP credibility. As for these other cockroaches that try to doubt the story, go suck a hairy cock. Whenever I walk past the Traveller's Rest I will spit a green slime at his entrance.

quite clearly you do not make the laws

When you purchase a hotel room it has to fulfill its basic purpose---sleeping. As the customer quite clearly could not sleep in the room it was not fit for the purpose. The customer was the DOWNGRADED to a room a quarter of the size, quite clearly another breach of the original agreement

the customer is entitled compensation

You are right of course.

The only thing that I see which has ruffled feathers is that, at worst, it was fraudulent, but not theft.

Probably the only recourse the OP has is the one he has chosen.

Thus far that is my conclusion as well.

I will however mentioned the dispute in my written complaint about the death threat which the tourist police and bib are about to receive in person. Other business owners in Soi L.K. already know about it and said they ain't surprised about Mr. Brennans behavior. Thus if something were to happen to me all evidence points to Mr. Brennan.

@blueboy

yes i agree he should have been compensated for a smaller room at the time. Still didnt have his money stolen though.

I have just posted what i deem to be correct in the country i live in. I hope the matter is solved so that both parties are happy. I dont believe the money was stolen but yes i do believe as a gesture he should have got part of the money recompensated. Unfortunately nobody wins.

I didnt post to start problems just as i see correct. Sorry to all if ive offended.

Thus far that is my conclusion as well.

I will however mentioned the dispute in my written complaint about the death threat which the tourist police and bib are about to receive in person. Other business owners in Soi L.K. already know about it and said they ain't surprised about Mr. Brennans behavior. Thus if something were to happen to me all evidence points to Mr. Brennan.

Joking apart, I'm sure you're right that it's bluff and bluster on Brennan's part, but if he can rustle up 4 Thai guys to try to put the wind up you, then it wouldn't cost him much more to arrange for something unpleasant to happen which could not be connected to him, even if it did look that way.

Be careful out there. :Circle_Sharks:

Enough of calling this guy Mr. Brennan, or Mr. Fergus. What we should be calling him is Bitch Brennan and Bitch Fergus. I fully believe the OP's story and there is no reason not to. I do not need to hear the other side of the story, I do not need to hear other people's opinion, and I definitely do not need to hear anyone who has not posted in 4 years and has 2 total posts. In America, we believe customers simply do not mouth off such accusations about a business unless something horrible has happened. It takes a hell of a lot for a customer to be motivated enough to want to go public and tell people about such a bad experience. That is why there is no reason to doubt the OP credibility. As for these other cockroaches that try to doubt the story, go suck a hairy cock. Whenever I walk past the Traveller's Rest I will spit a green slime at his entrance.

Thank you for your support. I'm glad you recognize that I've been overly polite to this business owners thus far. I also fully agree with your statement that it takes a hell of a lot for a customer to come forward and complain about something the way I've done here.

Why on earth would I go through all this effort if my complaint wasn't legitimate?

Quite frankly, I do not understand the people whom do not believe me and say I'm going on a rant. Although I am angry I've tried to keep a rational tone and not resort to name calling in this thread. The fact that some people still question my credibility says more about them than me.

Joking apart, I'm sure you're right that it's bluff and bluster on Brennan's part, but if he can rustle up 4 Thai guys to try to put the wind up you, then it wouldn't cost him much more to arrange for something unpleasant to happen which could not be connected to him, even if it did look that way.

Be careful out there. :Circle_Sharks:

I recognized 2 of the guys he brought. They are motorbike taxi drivers that he supposedly paid 100 Baht each.

Thanks for the warning though.

And let this be a warning to anyone else whom after all this still thinks that this Brennan character is someone they wanna do business with in the future.

I recognized 2 of the guys he brought. They are motorbike taxi drivers that he supposedly paid 100 Baht each.

Thanks for the warning though.

A Thai Lawyer once told me that for as little as 5,000 Baht you can get 2 M/bike Taxi guys on a bike with a .38 revolver and 3 bullets.

Maybe he was exaggerating. :GoldenSmile1:

Mr Brennan would prove himself to be a good businessman were he to do likewise in this case. The fact that so far neither he nor his representative have bothered to comment on the matter speaks volumes for his attitude, character and reputation. He must be aware of the existence of this thread by now.

Yes I remember this thread as I had a few happy experiences at the establishment. The owner of the Pattaya Beer Garden posted a polite response, apologised and offered a refund. All seemed happy with the outcome and the thread died a death.

As a customer I will remember Pattaya Beer Garden and make it a point of visiting when I am in Pattaya. I will also remember Traveller's Rest.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

As for these other cockroaches that try to doubt the story, go suck a hairy cock.

A member for only 2 weeks and already posting PERSONAL insults against people with a different opinion to you.Like water of a ducks back to me, however the policy here, as I understand is that "It's nice to be nice", maybe being so new you didn't know this! :Rules1: :Rules1: :Rules1:

Now we have lawyers who I regard as half a step up from politicians posting but that is neither here nor there.

What I want to know is why has nobody mentioned the ghost. There is bound to be a ghost Thailand is full of them, they have little houses everywhere.

If anybody's interested I am starting a ghostbusting business called Pattaya Ghostbusters I have a guy fitting a sidecar to my Honda Wave to carry this big kick ass vacum cleaner I've ordered who assures me he will be finished next month.

I have been training my dog to sniff out ghosts she is getting really good now though usually she just barks and runs away, it's when she starts howling you have to worry. That means she has found a really really big ghost that might not fit in the vacum cleaner. I'm also having new name plates put on the vacum cleaner it now going to be called a "Ghostilator Disposer" I can do that because of my secret modification.

I've submitted an application for my ghost buster work permit to immigration in Jomtien, after going through all the occupations we are not allowed to do I couldn't find ghostbuster on the list so there is no reason for them not to approve it.

From next month I should be open for business and would like to offer all Pattaya Addicts a 25% discount.

Al.

Now we have lawyers who I regard as half a step up from politicians posting but that is neither here nor there.

What I want to know is why has nobody mentioned the ghost. There is bound to be a ghost Thailand is full of them, they have little houses everywhere.

If anybody's interested I am starting a ghostbusting business called Pattaya Ghostbusters I have a guy fitting a sidecar to my Honda Wave to carry this big kick ass vacum cleaner I've ordered who assures me he will be finished next month.

I have been training my dog to sniff out ghosts she is getting really good now though usually she just barks and runs away, it's when she starts howling you have to worry. That means she has found a really really big ghost that might not fit in the vacum cleaner. I'm also having new name plates put on the vacum cleaner it now going to be called a "Ghostilator Disposer" I can do that because of my secret modification.

I've submitted an application for my ghost buster work permit to immigration in Jomtien, after going through all the occupations we are not allowed to do I couldn't find ghostbuster on the list so there is no reason for them not to approve it.

From next month I should be open for business and would like to offer all Pattaya Addicts a 25% discount.

Al.

Can I be a member of your team? I could be the token black guy who dies in the first ten minutes.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

In my experience there is little or no comebacks for bad service in pattaya. Whether that be with restaurants, bars, hotels or the ladies. 95% of time in this town is wonderful. The other 5% i simply chalk it down and move on. Yes it can be frustrating but continued anger is totally futile. If this had happened to me, i,d have packed my bags and moved on. Is a couple of hundred quid, a few hundred dollars or several thousand baht that important? You cannot be that principled in this town because on occasions it,s a really crazy place and bad things happen. Enjoy what this town has to offer but be "FACELESS". Do not drag hassles and problems around with you. Start the rest of your life in the next hotel, the next bar etc.

A member for only 2 weeks and already posting PERSONAL insults against people with a different opinion to you.Like water of a ducks back to me, however the policy here, as I understand is that "It's nice to be nice", maybe being so new you didn't know this! :Rules1: :Rules1: :Rules1:

Don't worry, it will all be taken into consideration when his account is reviewed for promotion.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

In my experience there is little or no comebacks for bad service in pattaya. Whether that be with restaurants, bars, hotels or the ladies. 95% of time in this town is wonderful. The other 5% i simply chalk it down and move on. Yes it can be frustrating but continued anger is totally futile. If this had happened to me, i,d have packed my bags and moved on. Is a couple of hundred quid, a few hundred dollars or several thousand baht that important? You cannot be that principled in this town because on occasions it,s a really crazy place and bad things happen. Enjoy what this town has to offer but be "FACELESS". Do not drag hassles and problems around with you. Start the rest of your life in the next hotel, the next bar etc.

Good post. Yes, you're right about the comebacks. All I can do is watch the business go down the drain.

Just walked past Major Brennan and his red alcoholic face looked very surprised that I was still here. Clearly I already got to him.

Archived