Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Traveller's Rest Hotel - A Warning

alessandro_no

I'm gonna go back to focusing on what I do 99% of the time here in Pattaya, enjoy life :-)

Good idea... :Beer1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another issue I've touched upon before but didn't elaborate on is that I told Brennan that I was going to tell the truth about his business and his behavior in internet forums and to all my friends in this Soi.

When I said it (infront of a reception full of witnesses) his reply was something like "Go ahead, I'm running a business here and do not get complaints".

This morning when I was kicked out he yelled something like "you think you can slander my good name and reputation online and to the other biz owners?"

Funny how when I threatened to do so, he was fine with it, but when I actually did it his world came tumbling down!

This is a man whom has probably threatened his way out of more than one situation in life. Well, his threats didn't work this time.

:001_Thank_You5: for the warning about this place. I know you must feel fustrated and pissed. I know of 2 board members currently researching places to stay and warnings like this are very helpfull.

The last few places I stayed in asked for payment upfront but I was lucky as they were good, clean, well run places.

Best of luck to you getting a resolution to all this

:001_Thank_You5: for the warning about this place. I know you must feel fustrated and pissed. I know of 2 board members currently researching places to stay and warnings like this are very helpfull.

The last few places I stayed in asked for payment upfront but I was lucky as they were good, clean, well run places.

Best of luck to you getting a resolution to all this

I'm glad you know of people that will heed my warning. I have made an effort to stay rational and informative here.

I'm happy you appreciate it. All we can really do against unscrupulous business owners like this is name and shame.

Just got back from lunch with another biz owner in Soi L.K. whom said it's well known fact that mr Fergus is "a really bad person and borderline insane".

I wrote a few posts back that I would concentrate on having fun now but haven't managed to hed my own advice as there's been several interesting replies in the thread.

I'll continue to update this thread as events evolve (while trying to have some fun)

Might write a review of Beach Club as I had an awesome time there last night :Kiss5:

I know that either Feregus or someone representing Travellers Rest are members of this board. Do a member search. Not hard to find :GoldenSmile1:

They havent however logged in since the 9th of January using that login. They may have another one not related to the business.

If however he is aware (and going by his alleged death threats there is a good chance he knows) of this thread and hasnt replied, then you have to wonder why? He has every opportunity to put his side of the story and clear his name.

Testicles

I know that either Feregus or someone representing Travellers Rest are members of this board. Do a member search. Not hard to find :GoldenSmile1:

They havent however logged in since the 9th of January using that login. They may have another one not related to the business.

If however he is aware (and going by his alleged death threats there is a good chance he knows) of this thread and hasnt replied, then you have to wonder why? He has every opportunity to put his side of the story and clear his name.

Good idea.

He seems to also be BM (you guessed it) Travellers Rest and hasn't logged in since 8th January 2010. Advanced Member with only 11 posts - joined 3/10/09.

A clearly close connection who does complimentary TRs etc is BM basthehoop who hasn't logged in since errrr 8th January 2011 joined 10/10/09.

Just a coincidence obviously. :Think1:

The post by sweet talking Moderator Millard HERE is funny.

I stayed at the Travellers Rest just last November, played golf with the golf group 4 times a week, never saw a rat, never saw a cock roach, and having nothing but good things to say about Fergus, his wife and the rest of the staff who all treated me great. I think you're on a rant here because you probably were denied a refund, but I think you've gone a little overboard. I find a large part of what you have to say a little far fetched and hard to believe, mainly because you've painted a far different picture than what I experienced. I plan to stay there again on my next trip. From what I saw and discussed with Fergus and others staying there at the time, was that he's owned the place for 2 to 3 years now, and has repeat business with a lot of guys who enjoy the golf. So if your finished your rant, move on ... I'll base my opinions on my own experience, not the opinions of someone with an axe to grind.

<p>

.............. So if your finished your rant, move on ................

Only the Moderators can order that - not even Brennan can - not on here anyway. :Grin_Jump1:

Good that another view has been aired though. :GoldenSmile1:

I stayed at the Travellers Rest just last November, played golf with the golf group 4 times a week, never saw a rat, never saw a cock roach, and having nothing but good things to say about Fergus, his wife and the rest of the staff who all treated me great. I think you're on a rant here because you probably were denied a refund, but I think you've gone a little overboard. I find a large part of what you have to say a little far fetched and hard to believe, mainly because you've painted a far different picture than what I experienced. I plan to stay there again on my next trip. From what I saw and discussed with Fergus and others staying there at the time, was that he's owned the place for 2 to 3 years now, and has repeat business with a lot of guys who enjoy the golf. So if your finished your rant, move on ... I'll base my opinions on my own experience, not the opinions of someone with an axe to grind.

I have nothing bad to say about his staff either. Especially the cleaners, they are nice indeed.

Your opposing point of view is also welcome. I'm sure several people would get a long with a fellow golfer.

Also you are correct about the dispute. It originated from me not getting a refund which I was fully entitled too. then it escalated until the owner threatens the his own customer that he stole money from with DEATH! A very nice man indeed this Brennan.

It's only when money is involved that people show their true nature and Brennan's nature ain't nice.

A reasonable business owner would have reciprocated when his guest made him a nice offer.

By all means continue to stay there if you're having a good time. All I'm saying is that if an issue should arise (and I've spoken to so many people now that this has happend to) don't expect to be treated nice.

The Op has been busy on Trip Advisor! :Circle_Sharks:

Travellers Rest on Trip Advisor

Yes I have and I will continue to follow up on this in other travel forums as well. Brennan threatened the wrong man. This is only the start. I'm already working on my formal complaint against being kicked out and the death threats in a written statement in Thai. Unfortunately writing Thai script doesn't come as naturally to me as writing English so it won't be done before tomorrow.

Brennan doesn't speak a word of Thai. From now on he will be on record for threatening my life even if nothing else comes of it.

The Op has been busy on Trip Advisor! :Circle_Sharks:

Travellers Rest on Trip Advisor

Lol - Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,

Cut 'n' Paste,..............................

Are you really still Rep Whoring in your Signature? How very 2010 lol. :GoldenSmile1:

Lol - Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,Cut 'n' Paste,

Cut 'n' Paste,..............................

Haha, yes I did cut and paste but would you rather have me write an identical story twice ? :Pick_Me: ;-)

Are you really still Rep Whoring in your Signature? How very 2010 lol. :GoldenSmile1:

:No: I've never rep whored. Every point I got was unsolicited and deserved! :Cry3:

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

We are not in the "WEST" and nowadays it's the exception rather than the rule that refunds are given in a Pattaya Hotel/Guesthouse!

Then that's something else that needs to change.

I couldnt care less about hotel owners' well-being. I'm only interested in whether the clients are satisfied or not. The Thai tourist industry and government should be similarly concerned, if they ever want to be more than a discount third-world destination.

:No: I've never rep whored. Every point I got was unsolicited and deserved! :Cry3:

Apologies - off topic now - what does "Rep points 63. PM me if you want to add 1" mean?

Apologies - off topic now - what does "Rep points 63. PM me if you want to add 1" mean?

None of those 63 were solicited ner ner!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Members in the end will make up their own minds as regards the accuracy of your report, as I have,but in the absence of any opinion from the other side, I for 1 remain sceptical and think there is far more your not telling us!

This forum is hardly the least biased place on the internet.

There are more than a few people who use it as a sort of private advertising agency, often including several feet of assorted ads in their sigs when posting a one or two-word comment. I would have thought that any serious forum would simply ban the use of sigs for advertising.

I get the impression also that some of the glowing reports of places have been written by friends, relatives, drinking buddies etc. of the owner, if not the owner himself.

So in many ways it is nice to see the other side of the coin.

Im sure you believe you have a genuine gripe with MR.Brennan but please this guy has not stolen any money from you at all. As soon as you hand over your money it becomes his money. The matter of a refund is completely different. I agree it would have been a goodwill gesture but if it not on the contract you signed or company policy then im sorry but its his money to do with what he wants.

Im sure you believe you have a genuine gripe with MR.Brennan but please this guy has not stolen any money from you at all. As soon as you hand over your money it becomes his money. The matter of a refund is completely different. I agree it would have been a goodwill gesture but if it not on the contract you signed or company policy then im sorry but its his money to do with what he wants.

It's only his money if he fulfills his contractual obligations.

Next time you pay a BF for a little cutie who goes into the back to get changed then some rotten 50 yr old comes out expecting you to take her tell me, who's money is it?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are more than a few people who use it as a sort of private advertising agency, often including several feet of assorted ads in their sigs when posting a one or two-word comment. I would have thought that any serious forum would simply ban the use of sigs for advertising.

I get the impression also that some of the glowing reports of places have been written by friends, relatives, drinking buddies etc. of the owner, if not the owner himself.

You'll get no argument from me on either point! :GoldenSmile1:

Maybe i'm being overly suspicious but it strikes me as odd that this is only your 2nd post since sept 2007!!

If you have any complaints about the promotion of a particular business then please report it. We have an open policy here and businesses are allowed to promote themselves with certain rules. One of the important ones is that the business is open to constructive and honest criticism. We encourage people to put forward the other side of the story. If they are reluctant to do so there is not much we can do.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

@pipdno1,

indeed you are overly suspicious. I have never even been to the establishment. I was merely pointing out that the complainant willingly gave the money and as such it was not stolen. If he had his wallet pickpocketed or his room broken into then it would have been stolen. Simple really. Im posting this as i am a lawyer so i do know what im on about. Tell you what pay for my legal services with no guarantees on winning a case and no money back guarantee. We dont win case see if you can call the police to get your money back. Sorry life doesnt work like that. As i said I feel for the guy but complaint doesnt mean money back in all cases

@pepelepew

i dont pay barfines for gogo girls who have to go and get changed. However if i did, i would tell mamasan i want to barfine the said girl and only when we were leaving together would i pay my bin.

Good idea.

He seems to also be BM (you guessed it) Travellers Rest and hasn't logged in since 8th January 2010. Advanced Member with only 11 posts - joined 3/10/09.

A clearly close connection who does complimentary TRs etc is BM basthehoop who hasn't logged in since errrr 8th January 2011 joined 10/10/09.

Just a coincidence obviously. :Think1:

The post by sweet talking Moderator Millard HERE is funny.

He's very subtle. I really wish he would say what he means instead of pussy footing around. :GoldenSmile1:

Testicles

Archived