• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BassGod

• badboy15001

• Soi7

• onourway

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How noisy are the rooms at Secrets? I have had problems sleeping (yes occasionally must get shut eye) at some other places in Pattaya in the past due to loud music that you can feel as much as hear.

Thanks!

this is an old thread..... but since someone resurrected it, I'll add my two cents... I'm booked for August and look forward to staying there as it has everything that I'm looking for.....I'm looking for just the basics..... finally, it's not a !@#$%^ HOSTEL!

Eat. Down. South.

nice to here it thats all i have ever heard of this place is bad comments so looks like you did alright there!!!!!!!!!!! :Whistle::)

How noisy are the rooms at Secrets? I have had problems sleeping (yes occasionally must get shut eye) at some other places in Pattaya in the past due to loud music that you can feel as much as hear.

Thanks!

If you've got a room above the bar it will be loud when the bar is open.

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

i thought the hotel was good value for money, but if your a light-sleeper, then you probably want to avoid this place as the noise will get to you.

• 3 weeks later...
Okay then... Having actually stayed there now, I guess I can give an honest review.

I was picked up at the airport by a taxi scheduled through Secrets. It was a nice car, as well as a friendly driver who didn't mind if I smoked in the back either. He carried my bags from the airport to the car, and the car to the hotel. Very good service, as well as speedy transportation. Over-all, very satisfactory. Nothing to rave about, as it was just a taxi ride, but they did their job, and well...

Once at the Hotel, I was greeted by name, before showing any ID, so they obviously were expecting me. I was signed in to the hotel in mere minutes, as all the paperwork was pre-filled out and just waiting my review and signature. It was about 2 in the morning, but everyone of the staff were well-alert and ready to be of service. My bags were carried up to the room (2nd floor) and I was shown the safe and asked if there was anything else I needed. Again, great service.

The room itself wasn't anything fancy, but then I didn't expect it to be so. I'd booked the 750tb per night room, as all I needed was a bed and shower, basically. I'm not into all the fancy room stuff. I've done that several times in Pattaya before, having stayed at the Hard Rock as well as the Marriot, and I've come to learn the hotel room doesn't make the trip, but what you do with your time (and who spends such time with you!!)... The bed was big and very comfortable, the safe was excellent, the closet-space was more then adequate, and the decor of the room was pleasing. Nothing spectacular, mind you, but over-all a great room to stay in for the duration. I was very comfortable there. --- The ONLY suggestion I had for them was there wasn't any clock anywhere in the room, so it was a pain to determine the time of day when I woke up in the mornings/afternoons. That suggestion was channelled up and they say they'll have one in the rooms soon. So see, comments/suggestions work!

The hotel staff was superb. My room was always clean/replenished within an hour after me walking out of the door. I would usually eat breakfast and have some coffee downstairs, then go back upstairs afterwards to prepare for the day, and in every instance my room was already finished by the time I returned. The maids were also very friendly and courteous, and never once said anything unprofessional or rude in regards to the state I'd left the room in, the wet sheets, the bin full of condoms, or the KY left out on the end table. (LOL) There were even two instances where after the room was made in the morning, and I had need of it done again in the afternoon/evening, I simply asked the front desk and it was done so immediately within the hour. Outstanding, I'd say. -- The folks at the front desk were equally great, friendly and courteous, and offered no hassle whatsoever to whomever I took upstairs; being very friendly and kind to each girl as they politely requested their ID's before taking them upstairs. Also, when I'd come back downstairs after a ST (of which there were a few!), I never once got a word said derrogatory, teasing, or anything other than a professional friendly greeting.

The Food.... Absolutely outstanding. The only problem I ever had with the food was the fact I often couldn't eat it all. The portions were very generous, and quite often I had to simply push the plate away before I bloated myself from eating too much. As for the quality and flavor of the food, I'd have to say it was top-notch! Of the ladies I took to eat dinner/lunch/breakfast with there, they were also very satisfied with their meals. I couldn't complain whatsoever about the food, but rather say I wish I had a plate of that Beef Stroganoff here right now!!!

The bar itself is really a fun place to hang out; as I did on several evenings. I made my way out of the bar at night, either bar-crawling with the guys or hanging out with ladies elsewhere, but I usually ended up at Secrets for a final night-cap before I headed upstairs. I was always greeted warmly by both the ladies, as well as the Staff (including managers) no matter who I was with or where I'd been. I'd say a very welcoming atmosphere. I was pretty selective with who I'd by LD's for, and even though other ladies would sort of hang-out somewhat expecting one, they never complained when I didn't buy them one and were still content to sit with me (us) if only for conversation. --- The prices of Secrets' normal drinks (beer or whatever) aren't overpriced, I'd say. I stuck with Tiger Draft quite a bit, and I think that was like 60 or 80 baht. Lady drinks of course are more, but those are so the ladies can make money off them also. I guess what I'm saying is I didn't mind buying the girls a drink, even if I never expected anything to come of it. That's the way the system is set up, for them to earn, and that's why they're there, so I didn't mind contribuiting whatsoever. -- They have few good "show drinks", such as the "Sexy Secrets", which ends up a towering inferno of glasses and booze, and everyone at the table sucks it down with straws. It might seem a little steep at 230 baht or so, but it's a great show, and it delivers a hell of a "kick" to two or three people who are drinking it. I guess if you worry about math, 230 divided by 3 or 4 people makes for some pretty inexpensive shooters!

The BarFines at Secrets for the Coyote Dancers is expensive, at 1000 baht before midnight, but no one is twisting anyone's arm to pay that much. Personally, as much as I found several of them HOT, I still didn't want to pay such a high BF. I eventually did so, but not because she talked me into it before midnight (when it drops to 600), but because it was for a lady I was keeping for a second night, and that way she didn't have to even worry about work whatsoever. -- The Hostesses BF at 400 all the time is very reasonable. Most Beer Bars have a 300 baht BF, so 100 more didn't seem to bother me. Some folks can bitch and moan about 100 baht here or there, but I try to keep in mind these prices help pay for the morgage and the salaries of everyone in the bar; a bar which offers a lot of atmosphere, very clean and eye-pleasing surroundings, good music and great food! Hell, I'd pay an extra 100 baht for that...

A lot of people go into Secrets with a chip on their shoulder, already looking for ways to discredit it in their own opinions, or try and prove to themselves that it's not worth it, some who dislike certain Moderators or Managers and just want to take the oppurtunity to find something wrong there so they can justify to themselves the discontent they have within... If you go there with that attitude, I'm sure you'll find many reasons not to like Secrets, and you'll leave with the feeling of accomplishment that all dislike you had of the place before you ever visited was warranted. --- However, if you go there to visit with an open mind, looking for a good time, and you treat people like you'd like to be treated, I can almost bet you'll have a great time and will want to visit again soon!

No, I'm not kissing anyone's a** there, nor trying to promote the place. It does WELL enough on it's own, with the hotel almost always staying continually booked up (the VIP Retreat as well), the food speaks for itself, and the Bar is hopping. (I only saw ONE night there when it wasn't a full bar, and that was on "Buddah Day" when no alcohol was being served. Even then, there were like six other guys in there, eating dinner and drinking sodas...) So no, I don't need to promote the place. I'm just giving an honest review of what I experienced and my impression of the place. I don't plan on going back soon, as I only occasionally visit Pattaya (it took two years between last trips), but when I do make it down there, I'm definately going to try and book a room at Secrets again, as I had an awesome time....

** Before it even starts, yes everyone knows I have an affilliation with Secrets, as I made their signing and such, so if you feel that makes my review invalid, then by all means disregard it. I wasn't treated any differently there by the staff during my visit than I was by everyone I met and hung out with while there. I even referred the place to a couple people, who eventually made their way there for a visit, and they also enjoyed themselves and spoke highly of it; oh, and they were greeted and treated equally great by everyone there, even though they didn't know anyone... **

I'll give it 4.8 Stars out of 5, with the .2 of a star being minus due to the fact I was turned down by one lady I wanted to tap...LOL

OK. I have read ALL the threads on this topic over the last hour or so. My first flight ever is in September and all I needed to do was find accomodation. This seems to fit the bill. I hope to god it does because I've just booked it. Awaiting confirmation of availability. The only fly in the ointment is the guy who says he booked and arrived to find no spaces. If that happens to me I wouldn't have a clue what to do next! Here's hoping.

OK. I have read ALL the threads on this topic over the last hour or so. My first flight ever is in September and all I needed to do was find accomodation. This seems to fit the bill. I hope to god it does because I've just booked it. Awaiting confirmation of availability. The only fly in the ointment is the guy who says he booked and arrived to find no spaces. If that happens to me I wouldn't have a clue what to do next! Here's hoping.

Hi mate,

What dates will you be in Pattaya?

Alf.

I'm also waiting a confirmation for my October trip they already said most of the rooms are booked for October but they have one superior room with a balcony back view(whatever that means) but i hope they dont over book and i have to go lQQking for another place to stay when i get there

i went in to Secrets 2 or 3 times in February found it good friendly not hassled for ld food was good i was going to stay there but it was booked out

Last time I visited there had a bad experience but when I stayed there a year before everything was pretty much hunkydory. It seems possible that the place has gone downhill in the last year because I couldn't dream of something like this happening in the past.

As far as the Villa goes 'up to you' as they say in LoS. Not my cup of tea but I could imagine it being some persons idea of heaven.

Last time I visited there had a bad experience but when I stayed there a year before everything was pretty much hunkydory. It seems possible that the place has gone downhill in the last year because I couldn't dream of something like this happening in the past.

As far as the Villa goes 'up to you' as they say in LoS. Not my cup of tea but I could imagine it being some persons idea of heaven.

Payoff - I'm planning on staying there in October, can you tell me about this bad experience? you can PM me if you dont want to post it here, thanks

A friend and I popped in there for a drink and a bite to eat. My friend took a liking to a girl there and she agreed to go with him as long as he bought her a drink. He did just that and as soon as they got outside she made a lame excuse and buggered off.

I ordered a pepperoni pizza and was given a cheese and tomato pizza

at which point the barman tried to convince me that the tomato was in fact pepperoni and no attempt to rectify the situation was made by the staff despite the fact I politley yet firmly explained I did not like tomato and it was not what I ordered. In fact as far as they were concerned it was my fault for eating there it seemed and they were very hard faced about the whole thing.

Now in any normal place you would just shrug your shoulders and move on. But with Secrets quite frankly you don't expect to be duped, conned or made a fool of over such small matters. Was pretty disappointing and has soured my view of a place that I had previously enjoyed visiting.

Edited by payoff

A friend and I popped in there for a drink and a bite to eat. My friend took a liking to a girl there and she agreed to go with him as long as he bought her a drink. He did just that and as soon as they got outside she made a lame excuse and buggered off.

I ordered a pepperoni pizza and was given a cheese and tomato pizza

at which point the barman tried to convince me that the tomato was in fact pepperoni and no attempt to rectify the situation was made by the staff despite the fact I politley yet firmly explained I did not like tomato and it was not what I ordered. In fact as far as they were concerned it was my fault for eating there it seemed and they were very hard faced about the whole thing.

Now in any normal place you would just shrug your shoulders and move on. But with secrets quite frankly you don't expect to be duped, conned or made a fool of over such small matters. Was pretty disappointing and has soured my view of a place that I had previously enjoyed visiting.

"pepperoni" means tomato in Thai.

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

I dislike the place

Short/sweet and an opinion felt by numerous others if truth be told! :Bravo1::P:)

Group_Picture__4.JPG

Yup....I have to agree it is a great place to hang out.

Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner

Whether you are starting off the night and pre-funking with your buddies

Whether you are there to use the internet and look at the girls on this site

Whether you are there on Sunday for the Secrets meeting with Larry

etc......and of course the hot women...especially Da, Wen and Khan

(also remember ...not a lot of rooms at this place, and many of the

Secrets board members book well in advance...I've never been able to

book a room there...but am usually there during high season and

never get around to booking a room early enough)

(also, understand about the food situation sometimes, I've ordered

a BLT and got ham instead of bacon...I've also got the wrong item

a couple of times....I guess since I've been there a lot I tend to let it

slide...but from the prior errors, I really make sure I am clear about

what I want and make sure to have them double check the order with

another server too.......there are ways to make sure an error doesn't occur)

sorry to hear some of you had some bad experiences, I'm sure

Larry and Ben have no problem correcting the situation and how about

coming out on Sunday to the meeting and having some of the free food

they hand out, pepperoni pizza comes out as pepperoni and isnt bad at all....

(also, I know Secrets got rid of one coyote dancer for screwing over the customers...

If that happens its best to bring it up to the owners so they know which girls

aren't good)

aki

post-13261-1214977412_thumbjpg

Yup....I have to agree it is a great place to hang out.

Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner

Whether you are starting off the night and pre-funking with your buddies

Whether you are there to use the internet and look at the girls on this site

Whether you are there on Sunday for the Secrets meeting with Larry

etc......and of course the hot women...especially Da, Wen and Khan

(also remember ...not a lot of rooms at this place, and many of the

Secrets board members book well in advance...I've never been able to

book a room there...but am usually there during high season and

never get around to booking a room early enough)

(also, understand about the food situation sometimes, I've ordered

a BLT and got ham instead of bacon...I've also got the wrong item

a couple of times....I guess since I've been there a lot I tend to let it

slide...but from the prior errors, I really make sure I am clear about

what I want and make sure to have them double check the order with

another server too.......there are ways to make sure an error doesn't occur)

sorry to hear some of you had some bad experiences, I'm sure

Larry and Ben have no problem correcting the situation and how about

coming out on Sunday to the meeting and having some of the free food

they hand out, pepperoni pizza comes out as pepperoni and isnt bad at all....

(also, I know Secrets got rid of one coyote dancer for screwing over the customers...

If that happens its best to bring it up to the owners so they know which girls

aren't good)

aki

Thanks for the info Todd, I already booked me a room for October so hopefully none of the negatives mentioned here will happen to me and i can enjoy my first trip to Pattaya

But with secrets quite frankly you don't expect to be duped, conned or made a fool of over such small matters. Was pretty disappointing and has soured my view of a place that I had previously enjoyed visiting.

I always expect to be conned in there :rolleyes: .