IGNORED

Secrets Review

mbiggs

Hi Everyone, after spending two weeks over Xmas and NY at Secrets, I have to say I highly recommend the place, for only 850bhat per night where you have an in room safe, AC, 24 hour room service, a great bar and food downstairs.

If you are not feeling too good, you can call up the mamasan downstairs and she will send you up the girl of your choice. Everything is there on the premises and it is very close to the action on Walking Street.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BassGod

• badboy15001

• Soi7

• onourway

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for this Mark. Thinking of booking in here in September. As said previously...some pics would be a great help.

Thanks for this Mark. Thinking of booking in here in September. As said previously...some pics would be a great help.
At 850 Baht the rooms are a little steep for a hostel You can get a similar room at P72 for 650.

Ì didnt realise it was a hostel!!!! I was sure Secrets was a hotel the wbsite says hotel....mmm...More research needed I guess!

Ì didnt realise it was a hostel!!!! I was sure Secrets was a hotel the wbsite says hotel....mmm...More research needed I guess!

49075-7931.jpg

I guess there's some confusion. Since I've never been there maybe you guys could answer three questions.

Is there an elevator?

Is the lobby air conditioned?

When you check in does someone grab your bags and show you to your room?

If the answers are no then it qualifies as a hostel IMO.

Yes but bear in mind it's "UNIQUENESS" ! The "CHEF" once cooked for British Royalty!

I did hear that but are you allowed eat and drink in the bar at Secrets even if you don't stay in the hostel/hotel? I suspect that no matter where one stays in Pattaya you will still be allowed to enjoy the royal cuisine.

49951-7884.jpg

I guess I'm really confused. Is there a bar and a night club, or is the bar the night club. Maybe I'm a stickler for definitions but IMO bars and nightclubs are two entirely different things.

I guess there's some confusion. Since I've never been there maybe you guys could answer three questions.

Is there an elevator?no

Is the lobby air conditioned? Yes

When you check in does someone grab your bags and show you to your room? Yes

If the answers are no then it qualifies as a hostel IMO.

Its more of a guest house in My opinion. Very nice comfortable rooms.

Thailand Land of Smiles

Is there an elevator?no

Is the lobby air conditioned? Yes

When you check in does someone grab your bags and show you to your room? Yes

Its more of a guest house in My opinion. Very nice comfortable rooms.

Then it's more sevice oriented then I thought. Ty for clearing that up.

I guess I'm really confused. Is there a bar and a night club, or is the bar the night club. Maybe I'm a stickler for definitions but IMO bars and nightclubs are two entirely different things.

The bar is the nightclub and it doubles as the restaurant, unless you want to eat outside on the patio.

The bar is the nightclub and it doubles as the restaurant, unless you want to eat outside on the patio.
Is it a bar or a night club? Or does it depend on what time you are there?

Is it a bar or a night club? Or does it depend on what time you are there?

Secrets has one room which is used as restaurant / bar / club depending on time of day.

The hotel rooms are large, clean & the AC works well too.

I have stayed there about 15 nights (5 trips) this year.

Great location if you want to be around Walking Street area & I think the price is good value.

If i was staying for a week or more, I would probably go for different place with a pool but, despite people doing so quite regularly, i find it hard to knock Secrets for what it is.

Cheers Mark

There is plenty around for that price with a pool and restuarant. Also with many bars at staggering distance. Really depends on where ya want to plonk yourself. Personally I stay away from W/S and just vist when the need arises. But the rest of Pats & Naklua is better value for money if B/Mongering. IMHO

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

50184-7847.jpg

I’ll have my assessment of this establishment soon, as I’ve booked ten days or so there in the end of May to the beginning of June. In the mean time, however, I must say that is an awesome magazine advertisement there! (wink, nudge) lol

*** If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama ***

Yes but bear in mind it's "UNIQUENESS" ! The "CHEF" once cooked for British Royalty!

Is this why the breakfasts are far to expensive,bottle of water 60baht,having a laugh

"Once you've gone asian you'll never go caucasian"

It is a hotel & more information can be found HERE & HERE

Simply quoting propaganda listed by the owners,by NO means proves it to be anyway in shape or form to be a hotel.There are FAR bigger,better furnished and cheaper guesthouses than this Unique establishment available.

Nothing against "Secrets" but call a spade a spade and not a rotary hoe!

I’ll have my assessment of this establishment soon, as I’ve booked ten days or so there in the end of May to the beginning of June. In the mean time, however, I must say that is an awesome magazine advertisement there! (wink, nudge) lol

I'll be there the same time, May 31 to 10 June. Will post a review. I've actually posted on the Secrets forums a bit and it seems like a great place, everyone seems happy and a nice bunch if blokes.

IMO, a hotel has a private room, room service, private bathroom and is nice and clean, ala Secret's. A hostel has shared facilities such as bathroom/common areas and it is cheaper because your personal privacy is not as good.

462938141.img.jpg

i was in there last week , nice classy place ! i wish i was there now :Cry9:

The Playboy

Here are a couple of photos of my room in Secrets, the lady is extra though

Picture_062.jpg

52147-7546.jpg