IGNORED

NFL

malenurse

4 hours ago, Piece Corp said:

Looks like Rodgers got his mojo back

He never lost it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That TD throw from Rodgers to Robert Tonyan was unreal. Seriously, you can count on one hand the guys who could make that throw (in their prime).

I was at dinner with friends, so I recorded the 2nd half of the game with the "Manning feed." When Rodgers made that play, it was Peyton Manning, Eli Manning and Brett Favre on the feed....3 guys who know a LITTLE about playing QB in the NFL, and they were all amazed by it.

Peyton Manning said something like "yeah...I got a guy wide open for an 8 yard gain, but I'm gonna put this ball right in the linebacker's earhole 20 yards downfield for a TD!"

FWIW, the Pat McAfee portion of the Manning feed was as good as I was expecting. McAfee is a pretty funny guy, and he had some great Peyton Manning stories.

• Like 1

Pat McAfee is very underrated sports analyst in my opinion. I watch him his stuff on YouTube daily. 

4 hours ago, dagoofbalz said:

Pat McAfee is very underrated sports analyst in my opinion. I watch him his stuff on YouTube daily. 

I love that he uses profanity....keeps shit real!!!! 555

The Cowboys are hand cuffed by Zeke Elliott.  Tony Pollard is better but Jerry Jones doesn’t want to look like an idiot for paying Zeke the big bucks. LOL

Retired

5 hours ago, Piece Corp said:

The Cowboys are hand cuffed by Zeke Elliott.  Tony Pollard is better but Jerry Jones doesn’t want to look like an idiot for paying Zeke the big bucks. LOL

I'm always confused when Pollard seems to look so much more explosive.

I thought for a while that, when Pollard is in, it may be more of a passing situation, so maybe the box isn't "stacked" like it is when Zeke is in. But Pollard is playing entire series at a time; not just third down situations.

So I have an 8-team "moneyline" parlay this week (no point spreads; just need to win outright):
 - Carolina over Houston (no Tyrod; Watson apparently gonna be paid to stay home all year)
 - Arizona over Jacksonville (how long before Urban cites "health concerns," quits....and then takes the USC job?)
 - Tennessee over Indy (Can Wentz even walk with 2 sprained ankles?)
 - Baltimore over Detroit (do I even need a reason here?)
 - Bills over Washington (wake up call for Heinicke)
 - Chiefs over Chargers (think Reid has a very good record after a loss)
 - Browns over Bears (hoping like Hell Beckham finally plays with Landry hurt, but RBs are EXCELLENT)
 - Broncos over Jets (Broncos are biggest favorite this week, but this one may scare me the most!)

Pays a little over 6 for 1.

I'm predicting that I get at least 2 of those 8 games wrong; maybe even 3! 5555

BTW, one of my favorite gambling stories that involves football, but NOT betting on it:

My friend's cousin Mel was in Las Vegas at a craps table, when then-Eagles QB Randall Cunningham came up to the table and got the dice.

The Eagles had come from behind to upset New Orleans a few weeks prior and apparently Mel had bet heavy in New Orleans....so Mel started betting the "Don't Pass" line - as should be expected at this point (or if you knw Mel! 555), Cunningham is rolling 7s and 11s and hitting points left and right, so and Mel is losing his ass.

Finally, frustrated and down quite a bit, Mel screamed across the table "You FUCKED ME in New Orleans and you're FUCKING ME NOW!" and stormed off.

Wish I had been there to see Cunningham's "WTF is the matter with THIS guy?!?" expression!

On 22/09/2021 at 11:09, Luv2Phuket said:

So I have an 8-team "moneyline" parlay this week (no point spreads; just need to win outright):
 - Carolina over Houston (no Tyrod; Watson apparently gonna be paid to stay home all year)
 - Arizona over Jacksonville (how long before Urban cites "health concerns," quits....and then takes the USC job?)
 - Tennessee over Indy (Can Wentz even walk with 2 sprained ankles?)
 - Baltimore over Detroit (do I even need a reason here?)
 - Bills over Washington (wake up call for Heinicke)
 - Chiefs over Chargers (think Reid has a very good record after a loss)
 - Browns over Bears (hoping like Hell Beckham finally plays with Landry hurt, but RBs are EXCELLENT)
 - Broncos over Jets (Broncos are biggest favorite this week, but this one may scare me the most!)

Pays a little over 6 for 1.

I'm predicting that I get at least 2 of those 8 games wrong; maybe even 3! 5555

Chiefs fucked me! Gonna end up 7-1....which is a loss.

Cleveland should have beaten them Week 1, so the Chiefs could easily be 0-3 at this point.

INCREDIBLE kick from former Longhorn Justin "Mother" Tucker! Showed once again why he is the best Kicker in the game

Prater missed a 68 yarder and it turned into a kick 6,while tucker gets a 66 and makes history. Green bay wins with a field goal as well. What a Sunday for kickers

Speaking of kickers, how about the Raiders winning in OT with 3 seconds left. Brilliant!!!

:Number1a:

3-0 Baby!

11 hours ago, dagoofbalz said:

Prater missed a 68 yarder and it turned into a kick 6,while tucker gets a 66 and makes history. Green bay wins with a field goal as well. What a Sunday for kickers

I thought coaches learned from when that happened to Alabama vs Auburn a few years ago.

The guys who are on the field for a FG are NOT good at covering kicks or trying to tackle a runner in the open field. You got a bunch of linemen, maybe a couple of TEs, a punter/backup QB (holder) and the kicker.

....now if I got Justin Tucker, I may think about 68 or 70! 5555

Dallas wins, i rhink we might finally see a over .500 team win the NFC East this year. No more 7-9 BS

19 minutes ago, dagoofbalz said:

Dallas wins, i rhink we might finally see a over .500 team win the NFC East this year. No more 7-9 BS

That was a very boring game.  We surely won't see any 7-9 records winning the NFC east this year since they are playing 17 games, maybe 8-9 will win the conference.

• Like 2

Just now, usexpat46 said:

That was a very boring game.  We surely won't see any 7-9 records winning the NFC east this year since they are playing 17 games, maybe 8-9 will win the conference.

🤣🤣🤣🤣, True shit i stand corrected 8-9 for NFC East, but who wins it my pick was Washington this year.

Another Sunday, another moneyline parlay....let's see which one of these teams screws me this week:

Titans (no WRs, but playing the Jets - give it to Henry 486 times!)
Cowboys (I could see them losing, but Darnold due to have a stinker)
Saints (think they bounce back at home)
Chiefs (can they screw me two weeks in a row?)
Bills (HUGE favs over weak Texans team)
Packers (Steeler O-line is pathetic and Big Ben is a statue)
Rams (this one worries me - let's see what AZ has)

Same as last week - no point spreads; all 7 just need to win.

Payout about 6.5 to 1.

4 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Another Sunday, another moneyline parlay....let's see which one of these teams screws me this week:

Titans (no WRs, but playing the Jets - give it to Henry 486 times!)
Cowboys (I could see them losing, but Darnold due to have a stinker)
Saints (think they bounce back at home)
Chiefs (can they screw me two weeks in a row?)
Bills (HUGE favs over weak Texans team)
Packers (Steeler O-line is pathetic and Big Ben is a statue)
Rams (this one worries me - let's see what AZ has)

New York teams really fucked me today! 5555

Giants come back and beat Saints and Jets are about to take Titans in OT.....Hell, Packers are losing early, so I may barely get more right than wrong! 555

Time to head to the gym and burn some calories before the "Brady vs Belichick" game tonight.

20 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

New York teams really fucked me today! 5555

Giants come back and beat Saints and Jets are about to take Titans in OT.....Hell, Packers are losing early, so I may barely get more right than wrong! 555

Time to head to the gym and burn some calories before the "Brady vs Belichick" game tonight.

Yes ,  when was the last time Jets and Giants both won the same day  ???

Seahawks beating San Fran in Santa Clara keeps them in touch .  Crads bombing Rams was big , can see three teams from these four making playoffs . 

Is Big Ben in Pittsburgh as slow as he looks ??  Surely time to find another QB there ... 

Mikeyboy 

Kirk Cousins has always been a puzzle to me, then I read this today

That has been the rap on Cousins over his career: Against poor defenses, he’ll throw for 300-plus yards and three touchdowns with ease. But add a stingy pass rush and sprinkle on higher stakes, and be ready to be underwhelmed. Heading into this season, Cousins was 7-35 against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

48 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

Kirk Cousins has always been a puzzle to me, then I read this today

That has been the rap on Cousins over his career: Against poor defenses, he’ll throw for 300-plus yards and three touchdowns with ease. But add a stingy pass rush and sprinkle on higher stakes, and be ready to be underwhelmed. Heading into this season, Cousins was 7-35 against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

Yep - he pads his stats vs crappy teams and in "garbage time."

I was going to surmise that Cousins is the most overpaid QB in the league....until I saw this list of the highest paid QBs this year:

Rank Player Average annual value
1 Patrick Mahomes $45 million
2 Josh Allen $43 million
3 Dak Prescott $40 million
4 Deshaun Watson $39 million
5 Russell Wilson $35 million
T-6 Aaron Rodgers $33.5 million
T-6 Jared Goff $33.5 million
8 Kirk Cousins $33 million
9 Carson Wentz $32 million
10 Matt Ryan $30 million

I don't think Goff has ANY business being on that list (let alone at #6), but -- as good as he is -- the fact that Deshaun Watson refuses to play for the Texans pretty much bumps him into the top spot! 555

Two guys not on the list: Stafford is BALLING this year in that Rams' offense, as is Kyler Murray.

Gonna go ahead and jinx @Rocketboy's guy and note that Russell Wilson is killing it with top-rated QBR YTD and an impressive ZERO INTs (only top QB not to throw a pick yet).