IGNORED

NFL

malenurse

Not to go too far off topic, but Raiders released a group of tickets in the days before the game and the secondary market was surprisingly soft. I think some season ticket holders returned their tickets after the vaccination policy was announced. Also, people are still figuring out the logistics of getting into and out of "The Death Star."

That said, fans traveling to watch their favorite teams (stadium right across the freeway from the Strip), fans from LA and Oakland and the fans here in Las Vegas should pretty much guarantee that even the worst games will sell out. Golden Knights (NHL) have done fantastic.

I'm not that eager to go through the hassle of going to a game, but I am dying to check out the stadium. A friend was at the game last night, so I need to get a report from him.

• Like 2

My friend is a massive Ravens fan, he was talking snack during the last quarter of mondays, on Tuesday he was extremely quiet

On 14/09/2021 at 22:56, Luv2Phuket said:

That said, fans traveling to watch their favorite teams (stadium right across the freeway from the Strip), fans from LA and Oakland and the fans here in Las Vegas should pretty much guarantee that even the worst games will sell out.

I recall being thrilled when the raiders left the Bay Area and headed for LA.    It meant all  the games were televised locally after that.

On 13/09/2021 at 15:56, dagoofbalz said:

Aaron Rogers looked terrible, but i think he will bounce back next week. I was happy Matthew Stafford looked good with a proper offense line.

On 13/09/2021 at 21:50, usexpat46 said:

Agree, might have been Roger's worst game of his career.  NFC West won all 4 of their games, while the NFC North lost all 4 of their games.

The biggest problem with Rodgers is his attitude.   See if he pulls in his lower lip on Monday night.   

Edited by timbota

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

Rodgers does not want to be in Green Bay. The betting line for the detroit game opened at GB-10 My son called and said it is now -11.5 big move. going to be a bad game 

6 hours ago, timbota said:

The biggest problem with Rodgers is his attitude.

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

6 hours ago, Soi7 said:

Rodgers does not want to be in Green Bay. 

I wonder if its because of the weather.  Originally the NFL played 12 games,  Then they expanded to 14.  Later to 16 games plus a bye week and this year the season has 17 games.  If they could enclose Lambeau field it would be much better than playing outside in the middle of winter.

8 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I wonder if its because of the weather.  Originally the NFL played 12 games,  Then they expanded to 14.  Later to 16 games plus a bye week and this year the season has 17 games.  If they could enclose Lambeau field it would be much better than playing outside in the middle of winter.

No, it’s not the weather. In fact Rodgers was saying one of the reasons they played so poorly against the Saints was the humidity.  The press overreacts to have something to write about, just like with Russell Wilson.  My feeling is Rodgers spends the rest of his career with the Packers.  I think that’s his preference, but he wants to do it on his terms so he’s using what leverage he has.

Retired

1 hour ago, Piece Corp said:

No, it’s not the weather. In fact Rodgers was saying one of the reasons they played so poorly against the Saints was the humidity.  The press overreacts to have something to write about, just like with Russell Wilson.  My feeling is Rodgers spends the rest of his career with the Packers.  I think that’s his preference, but he wants to do it on his terms so he’s using what leverage he has.

I respectfully disagree.

I think Rodgers is a great player, but, from everything I have read about him, he is a pretty petty person. Plenty of old teammates have some less-than-great things to say about him, and don't even get me started on ex-girlfriends. He basically cut off all contact with his family when dating Olivia Munn. Basically, he has a history of burned bridges, and I think Green Bay will be the latest once the season ends.

He's been pissed ever since they drafted Jordan Love....while drafting virtually NO help for him the past 4 or 5 years. I think he is counting the days until he gets the fuck outta GB and can go elsewhere and shove it up their ass by winning big there (kinda like Brady in Tampa, but I have rarely seen/heard ex-teammates bash Brady).

24 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I respectfully disagree.

I think Rodgers is a great player, but, from everything I have read about him, he is a pretty petty person. Plenty of old teammates have some less-than-great things to say about him, and don't even get me started on ex-girlfriends. He basically cut off all contact with his family when dating Olivia Munn. Basically, he has a history of burned bridges, and I think Green Bay will be the latest once the season ends.

He's been pissed ever since they drafted Jordan Love....while drafting virtually NO help for him the past 4 or 5 years. I think he is counting the days until he gets the fuck outta GB and can go elsewhere and shove it up their ass by winning big there (kinda like Brady in Tampa, but I have rarely seen/heard ex-teammates bash Brady).

I agree.

Maybe SF is a good fit.

He is from Chico, California which is about 170 miles/ 274 km from SF.

That was good Thursday night game, we gotten some good ones to start the year. Hopefully the rest of this year is entertaining as well

49 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I respectfully disagree.

If he wanted out that bad he could have forced a trade this year, and considering how many Super Bowls Brady has won any team mates bashing him would look ridiculous. I don’t think there’s any love lost with Jimmy G.

Retired

9 minutes ago, Piece Corp said:

If he wanted out that bad he could have forced a trade this year, and considering how many Super Bowls Brady has won any team mates bashing him would look ridiculous. I don’t think there’s any love lost with Jimmy G.

The "deal" they cut for Rodgers to come back this year virtually assures that they either have to trade him next year or agree on a new deal - his current salary cap hit for next year makes keeping him for another year all but impossible:

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/restructure-will-force-packers-to-trade-or-extend-rodgers-in-2022

Davante Adams' contract status further complicates the situation. They're either going to have to pay him around $25 million a year to get him to re-up for a long term deal or let him go. They can franchise tag him, but the cost of that is estimated to be $19+ million, and he would likely hold out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

The "deal" they cut for Rodgers to come back this year virtually assures that they either have to trade him next year or agree on a new deal - his current salary cap hit for next year makes keeping him for another year all but impossible:

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/restructure-will-force-packers-to-trade-or-extend-rodgers-in-2022

Davante Adams' contract status further complicates the situation. They're either going to have to pay him around $25 million a year to get him to re-up for a long term deal or let him go. They can franchise tag him, but the cost of that is estimated to be $19+ million, and he would likely hold out.

Prior to last year it appeared Rodgers was declining. If he doesn't play better than last weekend they'll be happy to unload him for a slew of draft picks. Otherwise, they'll find a way to work out the financials. Both Rodgers and Adams know they make each other better. The guys bashing him were the disappointments. 

The Packers don't have an owner.  This is a non-profit organization owned by over 330,000 shareholders. The President of Operations is a former All-Pro safety. This is an organization run by a player. 

• Like 2

Retired

You need to apply some creativity to be successful in the smallest market in professional sports. 

Retired

Two games hardly reflects a full season, but I'm happy to see Sam Darnold playing well in Carolina.

I thought he got a raw deal in NY with a shitty team and a shitty coach. Despite this being his 4th season in the NFL, he's still pretty young (only 24) and now has what at least appears to be much better coaching in Matt Rhule and Joe Brady (offensive coordinator).

3 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Two games hardly reflects a full season, but I'm happy to see Sam Darnold playing well in Carolina.

I thought he got a raw deal in NY with a shitty team and a shitty coach. Despite this being his 4th season in the NFL, he's still pretty young (only 24) and now has what at least appears to be much better coaching in Matt Rhule and Joe Brady (offensive coordinator).

Your Raiders win again.  Also a little unexpected O/T game this afternoon. One of our B/M will not be thrilled.

23 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Your Raiders win again.  Also a little unexpected O/T game this afternoon. One of our B/M will not be thrilled.

No he is not thrilled!

1 minute ago, Piece Corp said:

Looks like Rodgers got his mojo back

Of course he did! Rodgers has too much talent and experience not to bounce back.

Been some exciting games already this season, the KC-Bal game was a classic. 

Aaron jones looked like a monster tonight 4TDs. But King Henry also came back with over 200 yard against rhe Seahawks.

1 hour ago, dagoofbalz said:

Aaron jones looked like a monster tonight 4TDs. But King Henry also came back with over 200 yard against rhe Seahawks.

Yes but they were playing Detroit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif