Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

England Australia Ashes 2019

mikeyboy

Deserved victory for the Aussies. England second best all the way through.

I’d make 4 or 5 changes for The Oval and start the rebuilding, but don’t think the selectors will change much. ECB are clueless.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 hours ago, davidge said:

Deserved victory for the Aussies. England second best all the way through.

I’d make 4 or 5 changes for The Oval and start the rebuilding, but don’t think the selectors will change much. ECB are clueless.

Well done Australia  , worthy winners .   

Agree to an extent re. England rebuilding.   but is shuffling a pack of ill prepared county players the way forward  ?  I guess the press and public will demand changes .

This new competition the 100 , next season  will only dumb things down further

With the ( financial ) emphasis on white ball stuff throughout the domestic scene , its hard for young players to gain much nous about playing a patient / long innings .  Alistair Cook is missed already !    Sadly i can only see standards dropping further .   

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

Hopefully warner gets dropped, to be honest if it wasn’t for Smith we would have lost the series by now, he is in a class of his own, well done Australia.

20 hours ago, froddo said:

Smith. QED. Ends.

Waaaaaay waaay waaaaaaaaaaay too much text buddy, didn't read it of course. Next time you post a massive article raping England, try to include pics of titties and camel toes, even the daily mail knows their audience. We'll settle for the world cup..for now.

Smith is in a class of his own. No doubt about it. This has to go down as one of the greatest performances ever in a series by a single batsman, and he's only played 3 and a half tests so far. 

But really apart from Smith and 2 or 3 world class bowlers, the Aussies are struggling even more than the Poms. 

Warner needs a break and to go back to basics. 

No sign of a return to the Waugh and Ponting era where the Aussies were nigh on unbeatable. That's undoubtedly a good thing for world cricket. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Not_Shameful said:

But really apart from Smith and 2 or 3 world class bowlers, the Aussies are struggling even more than the Poms. 

We are definitely not struggling more than the poms 555 

Our bowling was brilliant 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rope-a-dope said:

Next time you post a massive article raping England, try to include pics of titties and camel toes,

Sorry mate. Follow the link to see Englands talent for the next article

https://www.startpage.com/do/search?lui=english&language=english&cat=pics&query=naked+fat+woman&nj=&rl=vd&anticache=210027

Edited by froddo

www.sugarcanemafia.com

3 hours ago, rope-a-dope said:

Waaaaaay waaay waaaaaaaaaaay too much text buddy, didn't read it of course. Next time you post a massive article raping England, try to include pics of titties and camel toes, even the daily mail knows their audience. We'll settle for the world cup..for now.

Your only World Cup 555

our cabinets are full of World Cups :) 

Ashes mean more to cricket fans than Mickey Mouse one day cricket.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is off/on topic

Thailand ladies team have qualified for the ICC Womens world cup T20  tournament to be held in Australia in 2020. Good work girls

• Like 3

www.sugarcanemafia.com

5 hours ago, Not_Shameful said:

Smith is in a class of his own. No doubt about it. This has to go down as one of the greatest performances ever in a series by a single batsman, and he's only played 3 and a half tests so far. 

Warner needs a break and to go back to basics. 

No sign of a return to the Waugh and Ponting era where the Aussies were nigh on unbeatable. That's undoubtedly a good thing for world cricket. 

2 and half tests really, and his still dominating 

• Like 1

Congrats to the Aussies. I really struggle to understand how they made such a meal of it though. Better bowling attack, worlds best batsman, a notable break through by Trebuchet or what ever his name is. Worthy winners. 

Would have laughed my ass off if it was a draw yesterday though.  :D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Well done Australia  , worthy winners .   

Agree to an extent re. England rebuilding.   but is shuffling a pack of ill prepared county players the way forward  ?  I guess the press and public will demand changes .

This new competition the 100 , next season  will only dumb things down further

With the ( financial ) emphasis on white ball stuff throughout the domestic scene , its hard for young players to gain much nous about playing a patient / long innings .  Alistair Cook is missed already !    Sadly i can only see standards dropping further .   

Mikeyboy

I agree wholeheartedly with that. The ECB have been destroying the County Championship for years, prioritising T20 and now forcing through the god-awful 100. No surprise there aren’t any players coming through to succeed in Tests. I wouldn’t be surprised if I never see England win the Ashes again.

I’d still make changes though with a view to the Ashes starting in November 2021. Dump anyone not going to be around then and start giving experience to younger players. The entire selection process has been flawed for a while so I’d get rid of Smith as Chief Selector and there’s going to be a new coach anyway (long overdue).

Root is clearly not up to the Captaincy but not many options.

Anderson should retire. I’d give Broad a farewell test at the Oval (as he’s bowled well in the series) then dump him. Roy isn’t a test player and has to go. Time to choose one from Bairstow/Buttler/Foakes to keep wicket and bat at 7. I’d go for Foakes. Stokes to bat at 6. 

Bring in Pope and Sibley. Argument for Hildreth instead of Denley, but unlikely now. Curran needs to be given more game time now. Better prospect than Overton.

Of course, little of this will actually happen!

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 hours ago, Hey hey said:

2 and half tests really, and his still dominating 

Thanks. My maths were way off.

That's even more amazing. 671 runs in 2.5 tests in conditions where every other batsman is struggling. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bukone said:

We are definitely not struggling more than the poms 555 

Our bowling was brilliant 

I did mention that we had 2 or 3 world class bowlers. Cummins, Hazlewood, Lyon. 

1 hour ago, Not_Shameful said:

I did mention that we had 2 or 3 world class bowlers. Cummins, Hazlewood, Lyon. 

We’ve actually got 5, you forgot starc and Pattinson who’ve both been rested with this policy they have, England on the other have have 2 bowlers, just goes to show the lack of depth they have, but without smiths runs I don’t know how we would have got the runs on the board, mind you England only scraped home in the last game.

Comedy gold from the England selectors as they name an unchanged squad for the final test. 

The Aussie bowlers should let Roy get a few runs just to keep him in the team.

Obviously the selectors are in advanced planning how best to secure a four or five nil defeat when we go down under in a year and a half. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, jollygumpster said:

Comedy gold from the England selectors as they name an unchanged squad for the final test. 

Obviously the selectors are in advanced planning how best to secure a four or five nil defeat when we go down under in a year and a half. 

I think we're just as frustrated at times with our own selectors, How Warner retains his spot is beyond me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jollygumpster said:

He's a great one day batsman for sure. But test cricket seems to be not something he's cut out for. Maybe the thinking is that a dead rubber match like this with no pressure might see something different from him? 

20 minutes ago, Hamchang said:

He's a great one day batsman for sure. But test cricket seems to be not something he's cut out for. Maybe the thinking is that a dead rubber match like this with no pressure might see something different from him? 

Don't think anyone should consider the Oval a dead rubber . They must try to win this match to square the series but that requires getting Steve Smith out twice before he scores 250 runs . 

Jason Roy is the epitomy of all that is wrong in English County Cricket , a flat track bully who has none the technical ability , brains or patience to adapt to swing or seam .  Should never have been picked in the first place .

Cant believe that England would not take a look at Hildreth or Sibley or both .

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
addition

Warner has a very good test record, obviously he looks gone but I’d say he has earned the right to try and turn it around. 

Roy doesn’t open the batting at county level and shouldn’t have got the gig here. He goes too hard at the ball, there are other players to try in the middle order. One of several bad selector decisions.

Definitely not a dead rubber, Aus are the better team and deserve the series victory but we could still get a draw. Unlikely though. 

Once again Test cricket provided the best theatre in sport for me, Cummins and Hazelwood are unrelenting in the pressure they apply.  

• Like 3

T20 is just a slogathon for those with no attention span, street cricket for those who couldnt pinpoint a county on a map.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vimto66 said:

T20 is just a slogathon for those with no attention span, street cricket for those who couldnt pinpoint a county on a map.

It's baseball played by cricketers .  Nobody remembers or cares who won the game  the day after .

The ECB can only see  ££££££'s though , and forget the test side .

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
addition
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, froddo said:

This is off/on topic

Thailand ladies team have qualified for the ICC Womens world cup T20  tournament to be held in Australia in 2020. Good work girls

Imagine the crowds if the team was recruited from Palace, What’s Up etc....

Seriously, it’s great to see cricket growing.

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"