Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

England Australia Ashes 2019

mikeyboy

43 minutes ago, moza7 said:

Archer is a crab. If there is nothing in the wicket he is up and down trash

Probably the dumbest , ignorant post of the day or maybe the year .

Archer gets 6 ,  England lead 69 .

4 overs of hostility from Hazlewood and Cummings ,   Denly dropped , Harris split webbing of hand ,  4 leg byes of Burns' shoulder and one smack to the helmet grille ,  9/0  close .

Could be interesting tomorrow !

Mikeyboy

4 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

4 overs of hostility from Hazlewood and Cummings ,   Denly dropped , Harris split webbing of hand ,  4 leg byes of Burns' shoulder and one smack to the helmet grille ,  9/0  close .

Mikeyboy

Lol

Edited by moza7

6 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Mikeyboy

Where was this crab when his adopted nation needed him in the last test? A bit of pressure and he bowls pies, he’s a front runner who goes missing in pressure situations 

A very poorly selected team, going about as well as expected in this test.  As for Archer, too early to tell if he is a long time front line bowler or a flash in the pan.  Lets see how he goes in conditions that don't suit him. Put him up against Bumrah in Indian conditions, I think that will determine how good he is.  People, rightly talk up Pat Cummins, but this Bumrah is pretty special as well. He has a sub 20 test bowling average and that is pretty special...

5 hours ago, moza7 said:

Where was this crab when his adopted nation needed him in the last test? A bit of pressure and he bowls pies, he’s a front runner who goes missing in pressure situations 

Okay mate , you are entitled to your opinion .    He's just a kid playing his 4 th test match .

Enough to say the Australians are in total respect of him .

Enjoy the cricket , i always do regardless of who plays it .

Mikeyboy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Story so far: Denly got a life. Stokes got a life. Then Denly got another life.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, apu nahasapeemapetilon said:

Story so far: Denly got a life. Stokes got a life. Then Denly got another life.

The Australian catching has been very poor this match ,  Englands catching a bit better .

The umpires have been better these last 2 tests , but some of the reviews have been piss poor all the way through the series . 

This Oval wicket has been excellent for test cricket with enough in it to make the batsmen earn their runs .

The sun is shining , not a cover in sight , so all's good    :o

Mikeyboy

• Like 1

The catching has let us down badly. We'll suffer for those errors, definitely can't afford to let chances like that go.

It's going to be a huge task to bat our way out of this.

• Like 1

"pathetic umpiring"

Is there any count on how many times the umpires have reversed their decision in this series already?

Woooohoooo record opening partnership by OZ 18 I think.

Both openers gone.

Go Smithy

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Don’t worry froddo, Aus team just setting the game up for a Smith triple century. 

• Haha 3

Triple century, Bradman record, Aussie win......oh did I mention I’m a half full sort of guy

2 hours ago, apu nahasapeemapetilon said:

"pathetic umpiring"

Is there any count on how many times the umpires have reversed their decision in this series already?

About time this neutral umpire farce was forgotten about , and get the best umpires available for the top test series .

Not foolproof of course , but some of the decisions this series have been desperate .

Oz   75/3

M ikeyboy

• Like 2

Smith out. Well done England for squaring the series. 

This was certainly a memorable ashes campaign and it has hopefully stirred some interest in test cricket. Smith has been phenomenal, incredible figures while most batsman from both sides have had huge struggles. 

congratulations to australia.

most of the batsmen on both teams are so shit i thought i was looking at computer code when i saw their scores written down.

in the space of a couple of minutes someone said to me that we are so crap we should have lost 4 0 but also australia were so shit they should have lost 3 1. 

a very entertaining but confusing series for sure, ultimately the run machine smith the difference.  lasagne did well, cummins and hazelwood are top class. paine a good wicket keeper but poor captain - did he go to the shane watson drs school? 

burns just about deserving a mention, stokes the only english batsmen who has done really well. broad and archer good but offering more 4 balls than the aussie opening pair. root a fucking shit captain, sadly he seems safe as there is no one else to do the job. pissed off that he thinks winning the world cup and drawing the ashes is a good summer, ffs aussies retain the ashes. 

both sets of selectors seem to have  consumed vast quantities of mind altering drugs.

i want more, i wish it was best of eleven. test match cricket is the best.

2-2 flatters England i would say , although as always in sport you don't always get what you deserve

Cricket was short of high quality but always highly entertaining , probably because the overall bowling was better than the overall batting .

The catching at times was brilliant and other times piss poor

Both sides will look back and think what if ,

The top available umpires stood in all 5 tests

We had used our reviews a little better

We had picked the right team in the first place .

Will be interesting who is retained for Australia's next test at the Gabba in November and who tours with England to SA

Get rid of the umpires all together for in / out decisions. 

Speed the computer up, get a better algorithm.

job done.

• Like 1

2-2 is a fair result for this series. Both sides played some very good cricket and some very ordinary cricket.

Paine sent England in twice, here endth the lession in stupidity for this tour.

Ponting set the gold standard for inserting the opposition in 2005 with Warnie in the side so he's (Paine) not alone.

Smith outstanding

Great series apart from umpiring

www.sugarcanemafia.com

7 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

The top available umpires stood in all 5 tests

Only 5 of the 12 "elite panel" available for this series.  Something has to change when the worlds best are standing in the Huge matches of SL V NZ...  and the like. Pathetic.

I enjoyed the series and it was a fair result. I am not big on many of the Poms at all, but I do like Ben Stokes. He has shown great skill, and great sportsmanship throughout.  My hat is off to him.

How Peter Siddle got anywhere near this side is a mystery greater than The Loch Ness Monster...especially at the expense of Mitch Starc.. mind blowing selection...

Edited by dave01

• 2 years later...

The last 2 Australian Captains have had to resign due to ball tampering. One on the field and one off.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

B9919E43-0F44-47CE-B695-91B5AB092E50.png

(making the most of it before the Ashes actually starts. Expecting 5-0 to the Aussies :rolleyes:)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

8 hours ago, davidge said:

The last 2 Australian Captains have had to resign due to ball tampering. One on the field and one off.

Sounds like he only talked about ball tampering, no balls were tampered….although they may have been a little blue.