IGNORED

The Edge

vivid2

I would imagine most people wouldn't be staying in rooms much bigger during their stays to be fair, assuming that you believe its small

I would book for a night or two, just to have  look around & visit the rooftop, same as I did for the Base 3 or 4 years ago

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Soda11111 said:

Wondering if the bathtub is equipped with powerful jacuzzi jets?

And the answer is…

… no!

you will find a public jacuzzi on the rooftop 

6 hours ago, Soda11111 said:

Depends how much somtam has been consumed   :)

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Soda11111 said:

The jacuzzi. Som Tam switched off 😉

210168DB-36B5-4F16-AB98-F08BFF3AC737.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2021 at 11:55, pisstopf said:

I would argue about the batch tub. Looks posh  - but is useless.

thanks for your review!

why is the bath tub useless? anything wrong with it? too small? or you just don't like bathtubs in general? 

how did you book the room? any recommendation for an agent? 

might try it next month...

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

4 hours ago, petehoax said:

might try it next month...

I inspected 2 condos at the Edge and would personally never stay there, even for a day. They make The Base Condos look positively spacious.

But as they say, up to yo.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, 1500B said:

I inspected 2 condos at the Edge and would personally never stay there, even for a day. They make The Base Condos look positively spacious.

It’s funny because the few listings for them on AirBNB are crazy high. Just hoping to nab some suckers get some return on what they paid I guess. A highlight would be that you would have the building and facilities to yourself for awhile.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 1500B said:

Ouch, that bad?

the Base is irritatingly small, just a few more square m’s and it would have been fine. Or if they were studios rather than pretend 1 bedrooms.

You see some funny comings and goings however at that place if you hang around the lobby 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Ouch, that bad?

the Base is irritatingly small, just a few more square m’s and it would have been fine. Or if they were studios rather than pretend 1 bedrooms.

You see some funny comings and goings however at that place if you hang around the lobby 

I have some great memories at the base :) 

But yes, small.  And yes on the comings and goings 😂

Edited by Timon88
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

the Base is irritatingly small, just a few more square m’s and it would have been fine.

I have the same assessment - just a few more metres. The design for a full one bedroom is IMO a masterpiece of using every inch well. But there is no getting around that there is only so much you can do with 29SQM.

Unlike some others, I actually think the sliding window doors in place of a balcony works quite well on the Edge but the condos I saw there are all awkward angles that just don't work for me.

• Like 3

On 08/09/2021 at 09:37, article22 said:

My place is small at only 35 sqm but the extra space from the 4 sqm balcony makes a massive difference

I got a condo In PATTAYA.  I measured every millimeter of the condo and was surprised when the total seemed to fall short of the sqm Number shown on the “Chanod”, which is a deed with a drawing of the actual space you have been deeded. So when I went to the land office for exchange of title ownership from previous owner to me, (the nice lady explained in Thailand the balcony of condo is listed as per of total area in the “ChaNod - deed -“.  So if bought a 35sqm condo with a 4sqm balcony, you don’t have an “extra 4sqm”, the balcony space is already counted as part of your 35sqm.  So in actuality, you have 31sqm of condo area and 4sqm of balcony. It actually makes sense in the price calculation since the space is solely yours and big common area.

• Like 2

Yes, that's how it works and for me balconies are somewhat worthless. The wife 29sqm has a small balcony with washer hook up so serves a useful purpose. Condos offered without dedicated washer provisions are hotel rooms IMO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"for me" the key words.

• Like 2

Hope they have an on-site rental agency like the base used to have. That was a really good service and fair, consistent pricing for one month rental options.

I used to work from the lounge rooms they had in each tower, which was a change of scenery.

• 1 month later...
On 18/01/2022 at 01:15, taylor1975 said:

Hope they have an on-site rental agency like the base used to have. That was a really good service and fair, consistent pricing for one month rental options.

I used to work from the lounge rooms they had in each tower, which was a change of scenery.

yup if I recall correctly it was 18k for a monthly rental unit from the front office at The Base, plus electricity. They even had a dedicated website where you could see photos of the various units available. Id imagine since this is Sansiri as well and really a sister project to The Base they probably will advertise it on same site? 

AirBnb prices for Edge are 1.5x of The Base, which is insane given this is a smaller studio type place vs a legit 1br condo at The Base with 4 rooms - kitchen bedroom bathroom living room, AND a balcony (albeit its a 4 sqm balcony but it works for me). And this is probably the lowest theyll be priced as no tourists right now?

It was around $50 for room at Base vs $75 for Edge. No thanks, Ill take a beachside hotel like LK Empress for $60 anyday over both of them! 

On 17/01/2022 at 08:20, petermik said:

Worthless....I spend most of my time on my balcony looking out towards Beach Rd...would never live in any place without outside space.

balconies, on a rainy day, are spectacular no matter how small. Its also nice to judge the vibe of the night by listening to how loud the beerbars around building are pumping music lol, especially from The Base. Plus for smoking its heaven. Smoking indoors is just somehow unsatisfactory. Balconies are a rare luxury! 

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone stay here for 1 month+? Thinking of staying in one of the larger units 35 sqm in May. Asking for 19k for the month + deposit.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

15 hours ago, JonnyR said:

Anyone stay here for 1 month+? Thinking of staying in one of the larger units 35 sqm in May. Asking for 19k for the month + deposit.

I went to see at "37SQM" condo. Turned out to be less than 27SQM.

Am I the only person who feels the whole condo is a bit insane? 
Judging by the videos the rooms are tiny, prison-like and might make you feel claustrophobic. On top of that, the monthly pricing on Airbnb is like 30K THB, which is 2x more than The Base which is right next to it. 

• Thanks 1

At The Base, if you get one of the 2 bedroom end/corner units, its a completely different experience. The kitchen and living room are comfortablely large, and the balcony is too. IMHO, the 1-bedrooms are prison cells.  I have a 2-bed at 15k/month on a one-year lease.

My understanding is that the Edge has some larger rooms as well on the upper floor, but I’ve never seen them offered on the rental market.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, masterslayer169 said:

Judging by the videos the rooms are tiny, prison-like and might make you feel claustrophobic. On top of that, the monthly pricing on Airbnb is like 30K THB, which is 2x more than The Base which is right next to it. 

Yeah the AirBNB people are taking the piss because it's a brand new condo with some nice amenities I guess. Too bad, as it's a good location but I'm sure as time goes on, we'll see some more reasonably priced ones.

8 hours ago, masterslayer169 said:

Well, prices on Airbnb do seem the highest for a while now, for most everything. I avoid them at all costs.