IGNORED

The Edge

vivid2

11 hours ago, masterslayer169 said:

Am I the only person who feels the whole condo is a bit insane? 
Judging by the videos the rooms are tiny, prison-like and might make you feel claustrophobic. On top of that, the monthly pricing on Airbnb is like 30K THB, which is 2x more than The Base which is right next to it. 

New places normally fetch a premium price when they first open, and when there is so much demand as there is for the Edge, that will also help to push up prices

Over time, properties will adjust to what the market feels they are worth

The Base has been around for 5 years or so, and people know about its downsides, which put people off staying there, unless the price is low enough to attract them

• 2 months later...

Did the Edge tour yesterday, fancy but lacking functionality, depending on needs. They like The Base claim only one month minimum rentals. The rooms they market as 1 bedroom only have one A/C and IMO are studios, bit of a scam I say. Edge has more and better facilities than the Base but for a family of three, think a one bedroom at The Base (less money) a better deal.image.thumb.jpeg.084df2bbbf034667536be28ced7b1d6b.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

A naive question about the 1 month minimum policy: For the base/edge apartments listed in Airbnb, seems they can bypass the 1 month policy and rent the room at any length? Is this a loophole or expected behavior? How does it work? 

No answers to the questions, but my experience at The Base tells me hotel stays (short time rentals) are common.

3 hours ago, applc said:

A naive question about the 1 month minimum policy: For the base/edge apartments listed in Airbnb, seems they can bypass the 1 month policy and rent the room at any length? Is this a loophole or expected behavior? How does it work? 

They're breaking the law

I believe both owner & renter can be prosecuted & fined

11 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

They're breaking the law

I believe both owner & renter can be prosecuted & fined

Correct..but who's going to enforce it. The juristic don't care, as it's been like that since day one. TIT.

Many of the mass condos in Jomtien do the same.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, thainet said:

Correct..but who's going to enforce it. The juristic don't care, as it's been like that since day one. TIT.

Many of the mass condos in Jomtien do the same.

Correct.  They will persecute and throw the book at you if someone's an idiot wreacking havoc in the condo and waking people up at all hours of the night.

But if you rent it out and mind your own business and pay on time, i'd be seriously suprised if anyone dobs you in.  For a start, its against the Thai's culture.

On 15/01/2022 at 23:15, petehoax said:

thanks for your review!

why is the bath tub useless? anything wrong with it? too small? or you just don't like bathtubs in general? 

how did you book the room? any recommendation for an agent? 

might try it next month...

Sorry, I think I never answered this one. I thought its useless as I indeed would not take a bath that often. Instead I would have preferred a couch or lounge chair at this spot, as I saw on other pics and rooms. That would have bene much more of a use.

In general I agree with most comments here: For a long stay a bit small, but I stayed 10 days or so and for that length of a stay it was perfect. At that time (just after re-opening): empty pool, empty jacuzzi in the rooftop - so no need for a bathtub in the room. Especially as I had the my flat right on the topfloor, same level as the jacuzzi and sauna.

• 2 weeks later...

I own at the The Unixx,we used to have a lot of problems with mass short stay rentals to mainly Indians,it  looks like they've put a stop to that i dont see any stream of suitcases being wheeled in anymore

• 1 month later...

I just made a minimum 1 month booking at the Edge using Airbnb.  It took a few swings at it to figure out how to get a monthly price, as airbnb is allowing edge bookings as days, not only months.

So I booked for 28 days, and arriving 20 December, and Checking out mid Jan.

Total Airbnb booking was $1100, all fees included.

I got one of the slightly larger studios., with the kitchen up against the outside window, instead of by the door.  It looks like it has a glass wall between the kitchen and bed, so maybe there will be some noise cancellation.

I've never actually used a condo before in Pattaya.  So this will be my first time with a kitchen, and no new towels and sheets everyday.  I'm staying with a LLT this time though, so maybe she'll double as the hotel maid, 5555.

I've never done condos before, because I worry about bedbugs, ingrained odors (especially curry), smoke smell, and noise.

I figure to stay in this new place to get a feel for "best possible experience", before trying my luck in older condos.

I agonized over this decision for almost a month, as I purchased my ticket to return weeks ago.  So I split the difference and am staying at my favorite hotel for the first two weeks, Intimate hotel, and then checking in here.  

The other agonizing part was I had already decided that this trip I definitely was going to try my first condo.  Condos with pools are running $600 - $2000 a month during Christmas and New Years stays.

I figure that if the room gets too claustrophobic with my LLT, I can always punt and take a side trip to Phuket after the New Years high prices calm down for a week and not feel bad about double booking my stay.

I'll try to remember to take pictures, and I will definitely give a review.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 12:54, CamelToe said:

I own at the The Unixx,we used to have a lot of problems with mass short stay rentals to mainly Indians,it  looks like they've put a stop to that i dont see any stream of suitcases being wheeled in anymore

When I stayed at Unixx in 2018 there were busloads of Chinese short time stayers coming and going every day!

... but yes they seems to have stopped short time stays at condos/apartments now in Thailand, as you must rent for at least a 28 days stay minimum on AIRBnB and Agoda Homes! 🙂

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 1 month later...

My Review:

The Edge sucks monkey balls.  Do not come here. Will not return.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pabloypablo said:

My Review:

They’re building a second one, on Beach Road, where they knocked more bars down (I think). Not too far from WS.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

42 minutes ago, davidge said:

They’re building a second one, on Beach Road, where they knocked more bars down (I think). Not too far from WS.

possibly. or they could just be renting advertising space where best friend bar complex once stood.. if you look at the illustration it is of Edge condo second rd /soi diana

12 minutes ago, striderman said:

possibly. or they could just be renting advertising space where best friend bar complex once stood.. if you look at the illustration it is of Edge condo second rd /soi diana

I guess so. Just looked like the sort of advert Sansiri put on their sites.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

11 hours ago, Pabloypablo said:

My Review:

Not required but some elaboration on why would be helpful if you don't mind.

8 hours ago, Pabloypablo said:

There's no electrical outlet in the toilet room, so buying a nightlight isn't an option.

I bought battery powered light with motion sensing for our condo bathroom, works supper.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pabloypablo said:

To be continued as well, if I get the mood and want to post some more ranting and raving

Please please do! Excellent reading 😆

One thing I might add. And it's quite simple I guess. When I wake up middle of the night to take a piss I sit down. I can close my eyes and sort of continue sleep while letting the beers out. Highly rec'd. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

50 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Please please do! Excellent reading 😆

One thing I might add. And it's quite simple I guess. When I wake up middle of the night to take a piss I sit down. I can close my eyes and sort of continue sleep while letting the beers out. Highly rec'd. 

Glad to find out that it's not just me that takes a pee sitting down.:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Pabloypablo said:

So you are pissing on the floor, missing the toilet because your penis hole is half stuck shut from dried pussy juice and cum and the pee goes left instead of straight and you don't realize it because you fucking cannot see anything.

This can be so frustratingly true 😒

Yet at the same time so friggin funny 😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pabloypablo said:

The two nearest grocery stores (that the Edge is exactly in the middle of) are at the Avenue or Central Festival, which is close, but too close for a taxi, and too far to be dragging heavy grocery bags full of wine or beer or water bottles. And 7/11s?  How can a 7/11 not be close, am I right?

Why not get them delivered? 7/11 has 2 hour delivery but the app is in Thai and I can never get it working. But you can just tell that to the employees that you are unable to order online and if they'd just deliver it to your condo. Which they will...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, masterslayer169 said:

Why not get them delivered? 7/11 has 2 hour delivery but the app is in Thai and I can never get it working. But you can just tell that to the employees that you are unable to order online and if they'd just deliver it to your condo. Which they will...

They can't deliver alcohol. More's the pity. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

12 hours ago, Pabloypablo said:

The Edge design:  Continued bathroom rant, Kitchen layout, Pool design, Laundry facilities, controlled elevator  ....  To be continued if I get some motivation to vent some more or drunk again.

The AirBnb host:  Basic Cheap Charlie screwups make for a horrible first impression of renting this condo.  To be continued as well, if I get the mood and want to post some more ranting and raving

I think the Edge condo was built for 'suckers' who would buy it for investment. As you mentioned, shockingly tiny, loads of impractical designs and the dealbreaker for me: no balcony/windows for fresh air. Only air conditioner. 

With all of this, the condo is more expensive to buy and rent compared to The Base which is right next to it. Makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, Thomaz73 said:

They can't deliver alcohol. More's the pity. 

Ah, I never knew that.....Either way as OP mentioned its a small inconvenience to not have a convenience store right below/next to your condo.