IGNORED

The Edge

vivid2

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this very interesting thread hidden in here by pure chance, never looked in this sub-forum before. I'm sure the thread will have got many more views & comments if in one of the main sub-forums.

Thanks to all those who take the pictures, I'd just assumed that building work was still to start on this piece of land

Amazing how that space has gone from flat earth (last time I saw it in Feb 2019, to a taller building than the Base, which has lost some of its sea view now

Edited by jaynewcastle

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

looking to be what one of my buds who is pretty familiar with some of the big condo/hotel names/companies in Bangkok - what will turn out to be a pretty classy looking place... seems like might have different outcome than the bigARSE construction on Bukhao, Soi 15, as far as builder staying in business (at least for now), buyers getting what they thought they were paying for pre-build, etc... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/10/2020 at 15:21, striderman said:

762340736_22oct001(Custom).JPG.e4d0692eefa242e7cb7edc304fcbbd72.JPG

taken from the cut between Soi 15 and soi diana

I am just curious.....Does anyone know when the current projected opening date on the Edge might be?

Also......Maybe I am just looking at this wrong but from this picture it looks like the rooms at the Edge have no balconies........As far as I am concerned a balconie is a must.....

2042000426_6oct020(Custom).JPG.ba0c453e6d5842c41a357ed0cb29c533.JPG

• Like 3

On 30/08/2020 at 18:18, 1500B said:

I wonder if they would take less than advertised price now?

Heard foreign  ownership was marketed in Hong Kong and sold out, who knows maybe some bank foreclosures.

2 hours ago, fforest said:

o......Maybe I am just looking at this wrong but from this picture it looks like the rooms at the Edge have no balconies........As far as I am concerned a balconie is a must.....

Just googled, site below has resales asking 210,000 per square meter - 55555.  I walk by quite often and was thinking same as they recently began uncovering,  Tiny ledge for access to the A/C unit, but no balconies seen. 

And yes according to the room layouts, no Balconies.  Very strange IMO, Views of the ocean in many units, but no balcony?  Strange https://www.fazwaz.com/projects/thailand/chon-buri/pattaya/nong-prue/edge-central-pattaya

May your heart always be joyful. May your song always be sung....and may you stay - Forever Young

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours Bobby Dylan

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Also......Maybe I am just looking at this wrong but from this picture it looks like the rooms at the Edge have no balconies........As far as I am concerned a balconie is a must.....

Not sure when finish, and think you are right about balcony, but for me no big deal as when calculating fees they include balcony. Most of those shown think are 26sqm and Sansuri was asking bout 1m more than wife paid for her 29sqm at the Base which take away 3sqm for balcony is roughly same inside living space.

59 minutes ago, jetdoc said:

Not sure when finish, and think you are right about balcony, but for me no big deal as when calculating fees they include balcony. Most of those shown think are 26sqm and Sansuri was asking bout 1m more than wife paid for her 29sqm at the Base which take away 3sqm for balcony is roughly same inside living space.

I like my balcony.  Keep the trash outside, a table and 4 chairs to eat outside, the washing machine, dirty cloths, the cloths rack for hanging washed cloths, bath towels to dry out after taking a shower and my 5 large water bottles plus a few other items and plants. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

a table and 4 chairs to eat outside,

Not much into that, but yes, balcony good for the other things. Here in Udon have large balcony off the master bedroom, mostly used for shade for patio/carport below.

7 minutes ago, jetdoc said:

Not much into that, but yes, balcony good for the other things. Here in Udon have large balcony off the master bedroom, mostly used for shade for patio/carport below.

It's located right off the main room with a sliding glass door so you're part of the group eating inside.  A few times we had a large group and all seats inside were taken.

4 hours ago, Lovinladiesisagoodthing said:

Just googled, site below has resales asking 210,000 per square meter - 55555.  I walk by quite often and was thinking same as they recently began uncovering,  Tiny ledge for access to the A/C unit, but no balconies seen. 

And yes according to the room layouts, no Balconies.  Very strange IMO, Views of the ocean in many units, but no balcony?  Strange https://www.fazwaz.com/projects/thailand/chon-buri/pattaya/nong-prue/edge-central-pattaya

These people have lost their minds.....They want 5-million plus for a 27 sq meter room with no balcony.......

If you went a little bit out of Central Pattaya you could get a very nice sized condo for way less than 5 million....

After looking at LOTS of condos to rent on the internet I think the smallest condo I saw any where in Pattaya was 24 sq meters.....So 27 sq meters is pretty small.....

47 minutes ago, fforest said:

These people have lost their minds.....They want 5-million plus for a 27 sq meter room with no balcony.......

That kind of money gets you a 90sqm condo in major US cities.  That really is insane.  

4 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

I like my balcony.  Keep the trash outside, a table and 4 chairs to eat outside, the washing machine, dirty cloths, the cloths rack for hanging washed cloths, bath towels to dry out after taking a shower and my 5 large water bottles plus a few other items and plants. 

For me, the balcony is just for hanging clothes to dry.  If the apartment is designed with wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling doors and windows, then the view sitting inside is virtually the same as outside.  And it's much hotter and dustier sitting outside.   The one factor that could change things, is if you have a nice breeze blowing outside, which I don't in my apartment, so it's pointless for me to sit outside.

7 hours ago, fforest said:

If you went a little bit out of Central Pattaya you could get a very nice sized condo for way less than 5 million....

After looking at LOTS of condos to rent on the internet I think the smallest condo I saw any where in Pattaya was 24 sq meters.....So 27 sq meters is pretty small.....

Are the developers struggling to sell the units & have they had to reduce prices in order to sell  ?

If not, then obviously some people think they're worth the price

44 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

Are the developers struggling to sell the units & have they had to reduce prices in order to sell  ?

If not, then obviously some people think they're worth the price

I think it was more or less sold out before they even started building. It’s by one of the (few) proper companies building condos in Pattaya and they attract Thai & Chinese investors who buy multiple units to rent out. Also, some buy at initial price in order to ‘flip’ when the building is finished.

If tourists don’t return in numbers by the time it is finished then there could be a lot of units for resale.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

9 hours ago, fforest said:

8 hours ago, Loomkey said:

That kind of money gets you a 90sqm condo in major US cities.  That really is insane.  

i strongly suspect that fforest is talking about thb and loomkey is talking about USD... :Dunno1:

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Lived in the tropics for nearly half my life. Hawaii and Thailand very similar temps, Thailand, no trade winds, big difference. Living space, most like big, but in the tropics staying comfortable, big equals big electric. Having lived "aboard" a good portion  of my life prepared me for a small condo and the one at the Base has a separate bedroom and a "galley" so perfect. My only gripe is when busy it becomes 80-90% hotel and not enough elevators to support that activity.

nope. no balconies. no condo units either till around level 5

1776355933_9oov010(Custom).JPG.89fe073b549e8cd403fbf96655bd783b.JPG

the view from beside Ferdinand and Cherry bars in soi diana

265582696_9oov007(Custom).JPG.36ca688eb91ecd82dd353981d36e79ba.JPG

the aircon units are steadily being hidden behind the yellow screening

1536209484_9oov008(Custom).JPG.343928b7567663481c3f948097e2122b.JPG

the condos are angled to give a view in the direction (but not necessarily a view of from lower floors) the sea

2076524526_9oov009(Custom).JPG.6e84940b1d073478b10c256990c35775.JPG

making good the finish and adding those columns left to right