IGNORED

The Edge

vivid2

8 minutes ago, masterslayer169 said:

dealbreaker for me: no balcony/windows

Same here. Horrific stuff. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

12 hours ago, masterslayer169 said:

I think the Edge condo was built for 'suckers' who would buy it for investment. As you mentioned, shockingly tiny, loads of impractical designs and the dealbreaker for me: no balcony/windows for fresh air. Only air conditioner. 

With all of this, the condo is more expensive to buy and rent compared to The Base which is right next to it. Makes no sense. 

The windows slide open - had a mate in one and he didn’t realise until the cleaner opened it

11 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

The windows slide open - had a mate in one and he didn’t realise until the cleaner opened it

Glad it opens! But honestly the Edge does not feel like a condo. Feels like a hotel, without the service of a hotel. They should try and change it to a serviced apartment maybe. 

• Like 2

From my limited knowledge, there is a 7/11 before you get to the Avenue, & there is one at the bottom of Soi Honey in the other direction. Both will be in easy quick walking distance of the Edge

If you go up Soi Diane, there is a 7/11 just after the bar area & before you get to LK Metro, so that may be even closer than the first 2 I mentioned

43 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

If you go up Soi Diane, there is a 7/11 just after the bar area & before you get to LK Metro, so that may be even closer than the first 2 I mentioned

there was. shut

• Like 1

10 hours ago, masterslayer169 said:

Feels like a hotel, without the service of a hotel. They should try and change it to a serviced apartment maybe.

The Base too, but all are plumbed for washing machines making them more condo like.

On 08/01/2023 at 20:52, Pabloypablo said:

Lol...  Drunk posting again.  or maybe I was just doing the TL:DR part first for those who have no time to read a long missive, as my real review will be a long verbose report.

The good news:  In terms of general terms for Pattaya, the Edge is located at the corner of Soi Diana and 2nd Road, which means that it is about as central as can be if you want easy access to all of Pattaya's hot spots.  A short walk down Soi Diana gets you to LK Metro, or jump on a 10 baht bus to Soi 6, or Terminal 21 right out your door, or cross 2nd Road and cut through Mike's Mall to hit the beach and a baht bus to Walking Street.  

The bad news:  The everyday "walking to get" things that you need if staying in a Condo, like groceries, beer, laundry service and money exchange are not close by.  The two nearest grocery stores (that the Edge is exactly in the middle of) are at the Avenue or Central Festival, which is close, but too close for a taxi, and too far to be dragging heavy grocery bags full of wine or beer or water bottles. And 7/11s?  How can a 7/11 not be close, am I right?  I could be way off here, but I can't think of another central Pattaya location that isn't tripping close to to a 7/11, but somehow they seem so far away compared to every other hotel I've ever stayed at.  Laundry services and money exchanges are not right out the door, either.  Eh, too be fair, I'm just spoiled here.  What's the difference between 10 meters away and 75 meters?  When you are drunk it seems sooo sooo far, lol.

The architectural design:  My TL:DR here is shoot the designers.  Really, numbskulls could do a better design than this place.  Sure the place is gorgeous.  The rooms, while small, okay really really small, like smaller than most older Pattaya hotel rooms small, they are nice and pretty.  But functional?  Oh My God!  Where to start?  

Bathroom and toilet Rant69348892762__9151B49F-D3C2-4DE0-BF1E-7B47D00F0759.thumb.JPEG.5ea636481bd480ca3f454758cb7d0459.JPEG69348894858__2179BBAE-1B6A-4C96-A26E-63D25D143CE4.thumb.JPEG.22c1196f81289220c40a831985328c09.JPEGIMG_3419.thumb.JPEG.f8d52a740069bae5777dc5c161c81152.JPEGIMG_3421.thumb.JPEG.c00d8f49ac9df8bdbb7c336423256d17.JPEG

Look at the pictures:  While you may be thinking to yourself, hey, the toilet has it's own room, that's a good thing, right?  Sure sounds good to a god damn designer who is single and lives in his mother's basement and only brings home bar girls for short time, but for anyone else that is normal?  Dumb Dumb dumb design.  Because if you are snuggled up to between your girls from a wild threesome, and wake up at 3:30 AM and go shit, those beers are ready to be pissed out, and hmmm...  and get up out of bed you immediately realize that the toilet is impossible to see, it's pitch black, and when you flip the bathroom light switch those beautiful smoked glass walls in the washroom, and the smoked glass sliding toilet door light up the entire condo, waking up everyone with the light and whirling fan....  One switch for both rooms and no switch for the fan, it just comes on when the light is on, so if you dump a massive stink bomb smell that sticks to the toilet and needs a week of venting to be livable again, you either leave the light on or turn it off and let the smell permeate into your bed, grossing out yourself and the girls.....

There's no electrical outlet in the toilet room, so buying a nightlight isn't an option.  So you are pissing on the floor, missing the toilet because your penis hole is half stuck shut from dried pussy juice and cum and the pee goes left instead of straight and you don't realize it because you fucking cannot see anything.  Umm, that didn't happen, trust me.

So, now, every time I get up at night to take a leak, or take care of an imminent diarrhea explosion, I have to unplug my phone and use it as a flashlight to find the toilet seat.  Eh, at least I have reading material in hand if I get stuck pissing out hot spicy Tom Yum gung out of my sore butthole.

And watch out for the sharp as a broken beer bottle glass bed corners while shuffling naked in the dark, dark room.  Your blood dripping down your shins when you return to bed may cause an extra checkout fee.

/end toilet rant.

The Edge design:  Continued bathroom rant, Kitchen layout, Pool design, Laundry facilities, controlled elevator  ....  To be continued if I get some motivation to vent some more or drunk again.

The AirBnb host:  Basic Cheap Charlie screwups make for a horrible first impression of renting this condo.  To be continued as well, if I get the mood and want to post some more ranting and raving.

On 09/01/2023 at 06:06, Thomaz73 said:

Please please do! Excellent reading 😆

One thing I might add. And it's quite simple I guess. When I wake up middle of the night to take a piss I sit down. I can close my eyes and sort of continue sleep while letting the beers out. Highly rec'd. 

Ok, I've finished off a bottle of cheap wine waiting for my LLT tilak to make lunch, so I have some time to continue....

Continued bathroom rant: I've spoken about the bathroom light switch not only lighting up the toilet room, but the sink and shower room, right? Well, if you look at the pictures, you'll notice that the sink/shower area has no door at all, so the light at night bleeds from the wall smoked glass and the "never there" door. The sink is so shallow, and the sink spigot is so low, that it is almost impossible to get your hands underneath, or in my case eye glasses, to even wash them.  The tile/marble floor is so slick, when wet, it is a major slip hazard....  And my biggest pet peeve of all, the shower water max temp is warm...  Not hot at all, and it is so frigging frustrating to have to wait till it get's close to "warm" to even enter.  WTF?  It's a new building!  at least put in a powerful water heater for Christ sakes! This fault alone will forever prevent me from ever considering the Edge again in future visits.

Kitchen layout:  IMG_3415.thumb.JPEG.2bed2cee45545eb2e7d4e00056c15df7.JPEGIMG_3441.thumb.JPEG.2351f80cb3dd4e580ae9ec6f390fd8b7.JPEG

The room has to be 3 meters tall.  And they built the kitchen cabinets that tall as well, which means if you want to reach any shelf above the first one, you'll need to drag the one available cushioned chair over and precariously reach up to get anything on shelves two and three.  It took us a day to figure out how to turn on the stove, and a week to discover the stove had a sliding "top" that hid a light and fan vent.  And weird?  The kitchen sink doesn't have hot water.  Only cold water comes out.  And I hate the "one sink style" that so many new places are built with.  If you are doing any living whatsoever, two sinks are required, not an "option".

The Edge Pool:  Jesus!  What the heck?  A pool is a requirement for me when I travel to Pattaya, because I like to swim for an hour each day to stretch out the kinks and get some sun that is sooo soooo missing from where I live.

But as it turns out, a rooftop pool on the 31st floor is an asinine amenity.   Maybe in the summer it is okay, but during my month long stay here the water was freezing! and the stiff breeze at the 31st floor level at most times of the day was so cold that it was uncomfortable to be wet from the pool and have any exposed body part.

And 30 floors of condos and only 10 total lounge chairs?  Each floor has 30 units....  Do the friggin math people.  If you don't get to the pool before 9, you will never get a place to put a towel or lay down.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/01/2023 at 07:53, jetdoc said:

The Base too, but all are plumbed for washing machines making them more condo like.

Base is way better compared to The Edge in home factor. Bigger bathrooms, a usable kitchen, a balcony, as you mentioned washing machines too. 

Another plus for The Bae, even though I'v seen the pool building "A" crowded, never seen the lower level pool building "B" get anywhere near crowed. IMO The Base is a good value for short (2 week or so) stays, but sure the Edge it over The Base in glitz and exercise facility.

On 08/01/2023 at 21:52, Pabloypablo said:

The bad news:  The everyday "walking to get" things that you need if staying in a Condo, like groceries, beer, laundry service and money exchange are not close by.  The two nearest grocery stores (that the Edge is exactly in the middle of) are at the Avenue or Central Festival, which is close, but too close for a taxi, and too far to be dragging heavy grocery bags full of wine or beer or water bottles. And 7/11s?  How can a 7/11 not be close, am I right?

Disclaimer - I haven't been back to Patts since Covid, March 15, 2020 and I know a lot has changed but,,,,,,,,,,,

Need to get your pedometer checked my friend. :wink:

Villa market is less than half as far as Central Festival.

Also, there is (was ?) a 7-11 just before the Villa's parking lot, on the same side as Villa. There is/was also another 7-11 a short way towards Central Festival, also on the same side as Villa.

In fact, it's a shorter walk to Villa Market than it is up Soi Diana to Soi Buakhow (which is also shorter than to CF), where there almost has to still be 7-11s and Family Marts.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

44 minutes ago, sulu said:

Disclaimer - I haven't been back to Patts since Covid, March 15, 2020 and I know a lot has changed but,,,,,,,,,,,

Also, there is (was ?) a 7-11 just before the Villa's parking lot, on the same side as Villa. There is/was also another 7-11 a short way towards Central Festival, also on the same side as Villa.

In fact, it's a shorter walk to Villa Market than it is up Soi Diana to Soi Buakhow (which is also shorter than to CF), where there almost has to still be 7-11s and Family Marts.

Still all there. Good memory!

Also, every outdoor pool in pattaya is rather cold right now. Irrespective of floor 0 or 31. 

47 minutes ago, sulu said:

I think you are the one who needs to check. You are obviously mixing Villa up with something else.

He has already mentioned the Avenue, where Villa is situated.

Of course there many 7/11's dotted around..never far away.

10 hours ago, thainet said:

I think you are the one who needs to check. You are obviously mixing Villa up with something else.

He has already mentioned the Avenue, where Villa is situated.

Sorry my friend but I'm not mixing anything up. It is you who is mistaken.

Yes, Villa Market IS at "Pattaya Avenue".

He said "The two nearest grocery stores (that the Edge is exactly in the middle of) are at the Avenue or Central Festival"

The Edge, at the bottom fo Soi Diana, is not equidistant from both Villa and CF.

Villa Market is right between the The Pride Condo and McDonald's. Not so ?

That is much closer (~half way) to The Edge than Central Festival is. :wink:

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

I stayed at the edge for a 10 day stay in May 2022.     Still quiet and got a great price.

Looking now for a two week stay and the amount these Airbnb hosts are asking for are laughable.   Most are $700 for two weeks stays..    GTFO

Great amenities there.  But room way to small for anything over two weeks 

Also how the F can you call a place luxury when they have a drape as a door for your clothes.     Seriously your wardrobe should be enclosed with a fkn door.

No way can justify their asking price for rent or buying.   

Edited by HimBadMan

• 1 month later...
On 12/01/2023 at 14:58, Pabloypablo said:

Kitchen layout:  IMG_3415.thumb.JPEG.2bed2cee45545eb2e7d4e00056c15df7.JPEG

and a week to discover the stove had a sliding "top" that hid a light and fan vent. 

There are different room layouts.  I had never been in the one you had.  In the room I was in, the kitchen was directly across from the bathroom (you walked through the kitchen asyou entered the room) and the area in front of the windows had a couch.  Your room looks more "roomy".  I think I might prefer your room layout.

The sliding top with the light over the store was the strangest thing.  hahahhaha

On 14/01/2023 at 06:06, HimBadMan said:

Also how the F can you call a place luxury when they have a drape as a door for your clothes.     Seriously your wardrobe should be enclosed with a fkn door.

I couldn't stop laughing at this.  It reminded me of college dorm rooms.  And it was a small closet.  ONE.  Small. Closet.

With custom wood/cabinet work, the condos could be quite nice in my opinion.  

No front desk, no asking for ID, no watching your visitors.  Entrance to the hotel is by keycard, as well as the elevator and room.  The guards at the entrance to the property can be aggravating with guests, but you have to learn the tricks.

I was told that the Edge will be miserable this Feb and March (2023) as it is a preferred location for Chinese as they bought (and rent) many condos.  

BUT:  ***THE NOISE***
The room I was visiting was on the Soi Diana side.  With the windows completely CLOSED, you could hear every bell ring at the beer bar complex below.  And of course, the screaming that goes with, you had to remind yourself that you were many floors in the sky.

I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy or rent on the Soi Diana side.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Is it still possible to have a reasonable swimming in the pools in Edge (and Base)? 
Now that the tourists and especially the Chinese are coming back?

Just stayed at the Edge on the 27th floor. Great view and we enjoyed the pool. The condo was very small and felt cramped. As the weather is mild we had the windows open most of the time and didn't use the air con much. All of the doors on the condos facing north on the 27th floor were covered in plastic wrapping so I assume they still have a lot to sell. Overall a nice place to spend a few days in a central location.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mixedberrys said:

Just stayed at the Edge on the 27th floor. Great view and we enjoyed the pool. The condo was very small and felt cramped. As the weather is mild we had the windows open most of the time and didn't use the air con much. All of the doors on the condos facing north on the 27th floor were covered in plastic wrapping so I assume they still have a lot to sell. Overall a nice place to spend a few days in a central location.

Just curious,. that high up, do you still get much noise from the streets & bars below ?. 

How many stories is it ?, I'm guessing you were fairly close to the top of the building

Edited by jaynewcastle

During the evening with the window open I could hear some street noise but not very much. Our room faced south and was towards the 2nd road end of the building. I think it is 31 floors high. 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2023 at 07:58, Pabloypablo said:

Ok, I've finished off a bottle of cheap wine waiting for my LLT tilak to make lunch, so I have some time to continue....

Continued bathroom rant: I've spoken about the bathroom light switch not only lighting up the toilet room, but the sink and shower room, right? Well, if you look at the pictures, you'll notice that the sink/shower area has no door at all, so the light at night bleeds from the wall smoked glass and the "never there" door. The sink is so shallow, and the sink spigot is so low, that it is almost impossible to get your hands underneath, or in my case eye glasses, to even wash them.  The tile/marble floor is so slick, when wet, it is a major slip hazard....  And my biggest pet peeve of all, the shower water max temp is warm...  Not hot at all, and it is so frigging frustrating to have to wait till it get's close to "warm" to even enter.  WTF?  It's a new building!  at least put in a powerful water heater for Christ sakes! This fault alone will forever prevent me from ever considering the Edge again in future visits.

Kitchen layout:  IMG_3415.thumb.JPEG.2bed2cee45545eb2e7d4e00056c15df7.JPEGIMG_3441.thumb.JPEG.2351f80cb3dd4e580ae9ec6f390fd8b7.JPEG

The room has to be 3 meters tall.  And they built the kitchen cabinets that tall as well, which means if you want to reach any shelf above the first one, you'll need to drag the one available cushioned chair over and precariously reach up to get anything on shelves two and three.  It took us a day to figure out how to turn on the stove, and a week to discover the stove had a sliding "top" that hid a light and fan vent.  And weird?  The kitchen sink doesn't have hot water.  Only cold water comes out.  And I hate the "one sink style" that so many new places are built with.  If you are doing any living whatsoever, two sinks are required, not an "option".

The Edge Pool:  Jesus!  What the heck?  A pool is a requirement for me when I travel to Pattaya, because I like to swim for an hour each day to stretch out the kinks and get some sun that is sooo soooo missing from where I live.

But as it turns out, a rooftop pool on the 31st floor is an asinine amenity.   Maybe in the summer it is okay, but during my month long stay here the water was freezing! and the stiff breeze at the 31st floor level at most times of the day was so cold that it was uncomfortable to be wet from the pool and have any exposed body part.

And 30 floors of condos and only 10 total lounge chairs?  Each floor has 30 units....  Do the friggin math people.  If you don't get to the pool before 9, you will never get a place to put a towel or lay down.....

Other than that did you love it ?

6 hours ago, DonniePev said:

Other than that did you love it ?

Did I rant about getting locked in the elevator twice and needed rescue?  That was a cluster.  Turns out the phone app only worked for three days to enter the building and operate the lift.  And the airbnb host only had one keycard available for us.

Hmmm...  I used airbnb to rent the place. This rant was basically about the apartment design, but not about the airbnb experience, but damn, the condo owner was a maximally chinese cheap charlie!  Didn't think it fair to dis that too, but since you asked.......

The listing on Airbnb said, among other things, that it had a washing machine and wifi.  We arrive to find out that no wifi and no washing machine.  After contacting the host, she goes, "Oh, I ordered wifi a few months ago, but the building is maxed out, sorry, do you really  want wifi?"  Bitch.  I was thinking about just bailing at that point.

So she replies, I'll have a sim card dropped off for you to use.  Well, I've already maxed out my phone's sim(s) so that's useless to me, so I'm just having to use my phone as a hotspot with the tourist plan.....

In Room Washing machine?  Oh, I did put that on the Airbnb listing, but I haven't got one yet.  you'll have to use the public one on the 30th floor.  Hmmm...  OK, however there is only two public machines, one public dryer, and 50% of the time we tried to use them, they stopped working.  Brand new machines and couldn't keep running.

And as for cheap charlie shit? No garbage bags, no paper towels, only one extra roll of toilet paper, no dish rags, no soap, not even a god damn knife. Literally, only 4 sets of glasses, plates, and silverware.  No condiments, no cutting board, no utensils to cook with other than 1 large plastic spoon.  We had to make a DIY store run to set up the basic kitchen outfit just to be able to use it.  That cost 3000 baht.  Basic condiments at the grocery store were another 2000 baht.  Only two bath towels, one floor towel for 30 days.  No sheets, just a mattress cover and duvet. Nothing to clean the apartment with (broom or mop).  So we had to buy those too.

So yeah, when the Airbnb host read my public review, she got pissy and called me a drunkard and left the room a mess (we took photos as we left for evidence that we left it cleaner than we found it, as everyone should always do to avoid "extra charges".  My LLT kept all the normal household stuff we purchased to give to her family back home. 

I mean seriously?  I'd never been in an Airbnb before that wasn't kitted out like a normal home.  That's what an Airbnb is supposed to be.

So no, I did not love it.

• Like 4

• 11 months later...
On 09/03/2023 at 03:45, Pabloypablo said:

Did I rant about getting locked in the elevator twice and needed rescue?  That was a cluster.  Turns out the phone app only worked for three days to enter the building and operate the lift.  And the airbnb host only had one keycard available for us.

Hmmm...  I used airbnb to rent the place. This rant was basically about the apartment design, but not about the airbnb experience, but damn, the condo owner was a maximally chinese cheap charlie!  Didn't think it fair to dis that too, but since you asked.......

The listing on Airbnb said, among other things, that it had a washing machine and wifi.  We arrive to find out that no wifi and no washing machine.  After contacting the host, she goes, "Oh, I ordered wifi a few months ago, but the building is maxed out, sorry, do you really  want wifi?"  Bitch.  I was thinking about just bailing at that point.

So she replies, I'll have a sim card dropped off for you to use.  Well, I've already maxed out my phone's sim(s) so that's useless to me, so I'm just having to use my phone as a hotspot with the tourist plan.....

In Room Washing machine?  Oh, I did put that on the Airbnb listing, but I haven't got one yet.  you'll have to use the public one on the 30th floor.  Hmmm...  OK, however there is only two public machines, one public dryer, and 50% of the time we tried to use them, they stopped working.  Brand new machines and couldn't keep running.

And as for cheap charlie shit? No garbage bags, no paper towels, only one extra roll of toilet paper, no dish rags, no soap, not even a god damn knife. Literally, only 4 sets of glasses, plates, and silverware.  No condiments, no cutting board, no utensils to cook with other than 1 large plastic spoon.  We had to make a DIY store run to set up the basic kitchen outfit just to be able to use it.  That cost 3000 baht.  Basic condiments at the grocery store were another 2000 baht.  Only two bath towels, one floor towel for 30 days.  No sheets, just a mattress cover and duvet. Nothing to clean the apartment with (broom or mop).  So we had to buy those too.

So yeah, when the Airbnb host read my public review, she got pissy and called me a drunkard and left the room a mess (we took photos as we left for evidence that we left it cleaner than we found it, as everyone should always do to avoid "extra charges".  My LLT kept all the normal household stuff we purchased to give to her family back home. 

I mean seriously?  I'd never been in an Airbnb before that wasn't kitted out like a normal home.  That's what an Airbnb is supposed to be.

So no, I did not love it.

this was my exact experience too,the daily grind of shopping forced me to get grab delivered and rendered the kitchen useless,also after washing and drying there was no iron or iron board so that then made the washing machine useless and forced me to take my clothes to the launderette down soi 14 !

the owner (chinese) after me saying the router was faulty just sent 2 guys and the rep around at 10am out of the blue unannounced which lead to an hour stand off outside my room and took 2 hours to get the internet working...absolute shit show

the corner of the bed caught me 3 times and countless TF girls too

Edited by peewee69