Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Edge

vivid2

if you fork out enough of the folded and get a unit overlooking second road it comes with a slightly wedge shaped balcony

20971961_16mar024(Custom).JPG.0fd34e54b2d1fe8bce66ffc03a609b60.JPG

162678832_16mar026(Custom).JPG.e9bfb973c007842bb034a77c2a97d3ae.JPG

12 minutes ago, striderman said:

if you fork out enough of the folded and get a unit overlooking second road it comes with a slightly wedge shaped balcony

20971961_16mar024(Custom).JPG.0fd34e54b2d1fe8bce66ffc03a609b60.JPG

162678832_16mar026(Custom).JPG.e9bfb973c007842bb034a77c2a97d3ae.JPG

That view will last until they put up the next tall condo building right in front of you. There is an empty plot of land right besides Mike's mall. 

Which is exactly what happened to some owners of The Base units. I figure units on the south west side, have their Seaview blocked. 

View from Mike's mall parking lot

IMG_20210311_122714.thumb.jpg.87f89b0e2900f2def7927b2eb3473b4c.jpg

View from second road, opposite the night bazaar, looking southwards. 

IMG_20210311_121151.thumb.jpg.1ab851c44d4ab3c86af59365bfade88b.jpg

• Like 4

Priming the back 

IMG_2084.thumb.jpg.27ead8780d779d754ce55a20e19fa565.jpg

We chose pool view as opposed to sea view, better chance of not going away, still plenty sea view from the pool.

IMG_2082.thumb.jpg.e16dea03588942a09b0d38a1b2e6570a.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Most rooms are small studios and don't have balcony.

went past this morning and balloons are deployed and no sign of any builders. i think it's finished

1181516466_5sept027(Custom).JPG.d82eba5845545df530f2e19468d764d5.JPG

139500824_5sept028(Custom).JPG.f1d3786fb0b2747759224350cb454c6e.JPG

1222719229_5sept029(Custom).JPG.45c55cd31c006d252087ba4eb2ebaf7c.JPG

they have done a nice job in a relatively short time 

Picture from yesterday, waving them in. Whoever "them" might be.

P9040082.jpg

• Like 3

Am I the only one freaked out by the angle(s) on that rooftop infinity pool?!?

• Like 2

As long as I got one of the few rooms with a balcony I would be ok living there....A room without a balcony is ok for a short time but I would never want a room without a balcony for long term living (even at a cheap price)....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2

i have to say, it looks stunning imho! 

big fan of the architecture. 

probably not a fan of the room sizes and the building quality... but damn, that rooftop pool and the sunset terrace and sky lounge look great on the pics. 

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

7 hours ago, fforest said:

As long as I got one of the few rooms with a balcony I would be ok living there....A room without a balcony is ok for a short time but I would never want a room without a balcony for long term living (even at a cheap price)....

well i live in a 1 bedroom  condo  (with a sea view probably better than edge)50 sq mtr where the balcony has been enclosed by a previous owner. i have never smoked so great for me. i rarely, ok very rarely see anyone out on the balcony of other condos in my block  cos it's too hot for day to day living. i have a bit of extra useable space.the balcony might be a "selling point" but i'm willing to bet not used much and the view may be compromised by future builds. my almost million dollar sea  view over pattaya bay  is safe

the must have balcony concept is the same as i must book a hotel with a swimming pool.........that they never get round to using

Edited by striderman

Here's a video tour of THE EDGE. It looks upscale and the balcony-less window treatment is interesting. Worth a watch.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

1 hour ago, striderman said:

well i live in a 1 bedroom  condo  (with a sea view probably better than edge)50 sq mtr where the balcony has been enclosed by a previous owner. i have never smoked so great for me. i rarely, ok very rarely see anyone out on the balcony of other condos in my block  cos it's too hot for day to day living. i have a bit of extra useable space.the balcony might be a "selling point" but i'm willing to bet not used much and the view may be compromised by future builds. my almost million dollar sea  view over pattaya bay  is safe

the must have balcony concept is the same as i must book a hotel with a swimming pool.........that they never get round to using

Well for drying clothes a balcony is indispensable, for the convenience....And for a smoker a balcony is also indispensable...Plus plants love a balcony...lol...So there are 3 reasons I need one....

But I agree I hardly ever see Thais hanging out on balconys, but I do see farang out there somewhat often.....And I guess you could say the same for the pool, I see farang in our pool way more often than Thais....

So I guess for people that don't need balconies, the Edge should be ok...

4 hours ago, petehoax said:

i have to say, it looks stunning imho! 

big fan of the architecture. 

probably not a fan of the room sizes and the building quality... but damn, that rooftop pool and the sunset terrace and sky lounge look great on the pics. 

I agree with you.

Plus the location is nice.

Much better than the Base because it is not sunken back of Second Road as much.

Defiantly more glitzy/up scale than the Base, but 4.2MB for 27SQM unit - well you decide.

The design and facilities look great. I'm wondering if The Edge will allow AirB&Bers and the like, similar to what the Base did. The report of a Chinese guy standing on the pool deck and peeing into the pool still dumbfounds me. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Will it be over-run by short term Airbnb guests same as the Base? 

Oops, beaten to the punch.

Edited by bangna

Wife owns at the Base so hope the Edge becomes the goto for the Airb+b/holidayer's and the Base gravitates to more long term condo folks.

I checked into those hi tech punching bags - they're about $7,000 USD (about 225,000 baht) each.

22 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I checked into those hi tech punching bags - they're about $7,000 USD (about 225,000 baht) each.

To me, that was the most interesting part of R4Ks video. But like all the rest of the Edge, too spendy for me. (And rooms far, far too tiny for my comfort level.)

• Like 2

Is it just me that finds the idea of just having a half glass partition between you and falling 20 stories a bit scary?

At least on a balcony there is usually a handrail as an additional support as glass can and does fail at times!

image.thumb.png.47811f3b884a57e77630ed457e89f8ce.png

• Like 3