IGNORED

The Rib Shack at The Hideaway Soi Buakhaow 15

Will take missus with me next time I visit, can anyone comment on the Thai food served here?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the half rack of ribs, meat came off the bone nicely. It was delicious.  I couldn't help noticing the breakfast on the menu, so I came back the next day and had that. For me the quality of the ingredients, the sausages and the black pudding in particular make it the best English I have had in Thailand.  

20190313_200622.jpg

20190314_124218.jpg

On 25/03/2019 at 21:24, mrblueeyes555 said:

I had the half rack of ribs, meat came off the bone nicely. It was delicious.  I couldn't help noticing the breakfast on the menu, so I came back the next day and had that. For me the quality of the ingredients, the sausages and the black pudding in particular make it the best English I have had in Thailand.  

20190313_200622.jpg

20190314_124218.jpg

Very glad that you enjoyed the food, and many thanks for sharing your experiences.

• Like 2

On 11/03/2019 at 17:16, Hideaway said:

Just for information. The Rib Shack will be closed on Mondays. Taking the option of giving the kitchen staff the same day off. They're doing a great job. Will be looking for one more cook at some time, and then we can think of opening 7/7 again.

Good to see. Take care of your staff and they will take care of you. I love ribs so will be in tonight to check it out :D

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I will be there in 30 days staying nearby, looking forward to your breakfast and of course your ribs.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Dropped in last night but sadly there was a wedding on so could not try the ribs. Hopefully next time.

Regards, Atlas.

21 hours ago, Atlas said:

Dropped in last night but sadly there was a wedding on so could not try the ribs. Hopefully next time.

Yes, very sorry about that, I wanted to post on addicts but was rushing around all day. Look forward to seeing you and the family another night. But remember also that the kitchen is closed Mondays.

1 hour ago, Hideaway said:

Yes, very sorry about that, I wanted to post on addicts but was rushing around all day. Look forward to seeing you and the family another night. But remember also that the kitchen is closed Mondays.

Thanks mate 

Regards, Atlas.

I am staying there at the moment and had the standard English breakfast yesterday.  There was nothing I could think of that was a negative.  The breakfast orange drink and coffee were all great.  The sausages were lovely and value for money it can't be faulted.

• Like 4

Finally tried the ribs last night.

Had the half rack which came with good salad a small corn and a lovely dipping sauce for my fries.

I enjoyed the ribs although they were a little on the fatty side of the way i like my ribs, but that's just my personal preference.

Still enjoyed the meal so I'd give 8/10 and will go back to try other items on the menu.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2019 at 17:01, flyingscotsman said:

Finally tried the ribs last night.

Had the half rack which came with good salad a small corn and a lovely dipping sauce for my fries.

I enjoyed the ribs although they were a little on the fatty side of the way i like my ribs, but that's just my personal preference.

Still enjoyed the meal so I'd give 8/10 and will go back to try other items on the menu.

Sorry you got some fatty ones, in general they aren't too fatty, but the odd rack turns out fattier than the others. Glad we still got an 8/10 and hope you enjoy future dishes.

I'd give Andy a 6 and a half.

Foot! :P

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

10 minutes ago, Petesie said:

His Royal Highness....we all look up to him...:GrinNod1:

On 26/04/2019 at 16:49, Petesie said:

About 6 foot 5 now,........... on the downward............ but Rib Shack on the up....................

Stopped in solely because of the glowing ribs reviews and I can only agree with the other posters.I try to visit as many rib places as I can during my trips so I have seen quite a few.

For 495 I got a pint of cider and a full rack plate with fries. It's truly a huge amount of food, not even close to being able to finish the fries after that big slab of ribs.  The staff was also very attentive to all guests and friendly.

Stopped in solely because of the glowing ribs reviews and I can only agree with the other posters.I try to visit as many rib places as I can during my trips so I have seen quite a few.

For 495 I got a pint of cider and a full rack plate with fries. It's truly a huge amount of food, not even close to being able to finish the fries after that big slab of ribs.  The staff was also very attentive to all guests and friendly.

"Gone by May at the latest probably because it wont generate the sales to keep it in business and the truth is a food place that has few customers aint going to be buying fresh food every day, they will "store" it to save on wastage "

Andy -- you still in business ?? Asking for a friend_____________ 555 See you all next week :Good_Job:

Edited by chookyargyll
spelling

now the place does food it is noticeably busier daytime when i pass by

eaten there loads of times and the foods always great, the staff are friendly and the owner.... well two out of three aint bad... see you soon 

16 hours ago, Capt. Rick Flange III said:

eaten there loads of times and the foods always great, the staff are friendly and the owner.... well two out of three aint bad... see you soon 

Nice one Captain,       :Busted:    

22 hours ago, chookyargyll said:

"Gone by May at the latest probably because it wont generate the sales to keep it in business and the truth is a food place that has few customers aint going to be buying fresh food every day, they will "store" it to save on wastage "

Andy -- you still in business ?? Asking for a friend_____________ 555 See you all next week :Good_Job:

Hanging on by a thread, come quickly, May is here already.