IGNORED

The Rib Shack at The Hideaway Soi Buakhaow 15

Looks great. Not back for few months but keen to try the ribs and the cheeseburger 

Thanks for showing us the pictures of your food as that helps all potential customers know what to expect there. If honesty is allowed here, none of those pictures seem especially appealing or special to me compared to the local competition for similar dishes. To me, the burger looks like your strongest dish and the chicken breast your weakest. I would find the chicken dish much more appealing if it was like a 1/2 chicken on the bone.

Edited by Kreggerz
  • Like 3

Be there in March.   Wish you were here.

you should put a map on this post

Edited by keepitfun

9 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

To me, the burger looks like your strongest dish and the chicken breast your weakest. I would find the chicken dish much more appealing if it was like a 1/2 chicken on the bone.

Try Steak Kao Rai corner of soi 14 third road......the chicken dish at 79 baht is far far superior.....I have said many times on here pricing in and around the soi Buk area is paramount,sorry but your not offering anything better than the competition.....

good luck anyhow :Cross_Fingers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Try Steak Kao Rai corner of soi 14 third road......the chicken dish at 79 baht is far far superior.....I have said many times on here pricing in and around the soi Buk area is paramount,sorry but your not offering anything better than the competition.....

good luck anyhow :Cross_Fingers:

I really wasn't talking about the price so much. For example I don't eat ribs or burgers very often but when I do I'm cool with paying more for something more special. 

I wish any new venture good luck however.....

Not much foot traffic down this Soi and not a Landmark Destination that guys will want to specifically travel to that offers something different, better and cheaper than loads of other who aint out of the way.

Remember guys out of sight is out of mind and this place is unless your staying in the Soi.

Gone by May at the latest probably because it wont generate the sales to keep it in business and the truth is a food place that has few customers aint going to be buying fresh food every day, they will "store" it to save on wastage

And that aint good.

9 minutes ago, Hideaway said:

We do not aim to offer something cheaper than other places. We aim to pay our bills and our staff..

Hmm. Sounds like the opposite of a customer focused business. If the food is something special and distinctive from other places, and yes you can tell at least something about the food from pictures, most people will be willing to pay more than the cheapest. But only IF. 

I also wish you good luck. Just because I know I would never go there, doesn't mean there isn't a market for it. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Hideaway said:

We've been open nearly 4 years and are expanding all the time. This is an add on to The Hideaway, and off to a very nice start.

We do not aim to offer something cheaper than other places. We aim to pay our bills and our staff.

I'm always surprised when people give negative reviews when they have never been to the establishment.

But again, opinion respected, see you in June.

Read my post again please because I have NOT given you a negative review !

To do that I would have to have eaten there and the truth is virtually none on here have, and due to the points I raised, ever will.

Again I wish you good luck with your new venture but the points I raised in my post are all quite valid, to someone with an objective, not subjective, eye.

Edited by CuppaTea

1 hour ago, Hideaway said:

We've been open nearly 4 years and are expanding all the time. This is an add on to The Hideaway, and off to a very nice start.

We do not aim to offer something cheaper than other places. We aim to pay our bills and our staff.

I'm always surprised when people give negative reviews when they have never been to the establishment.

But again, opinion respected, see you in June.

Some people are negative for the sake of it. The Hideaway is one of my semi regular places to have a relaxing drink as it has a nice atmosphere. I will be there in February and will try the food (probably the ribs) and give my opinion then. 

Good luck with this new venture I hope you make a success of it.

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

16 minutes ago, Judge Dredd said:

Some people are negative for the sake of it. The Hideaway is one of my semi regular places to have a relaxing drink as it has a nice atmosphere. I will be there in February and will try the food (probably the ribs) and give my opinion then. 

Staying at the Areca Lodge, I just go out the back entrance turn left walk a little and there is it.

I have eaten there a few times and will again next month when back.

IMHO, good quality food at a fair price.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Thanks for showing us the pictures of your tempting offerings.  I will make an effort to find and partake in your menu items.

That mixed grill actually gave me a boner!

Don't mind the negative nancy's are just here waiting for rainy season so they can complain about the weather.

4 hours ago, CuppaTea said:

Read my post again please because I have NOT given you a negative review !

To do that I would have to have eaten there and the truth is virtually none on here have, and due to the points I raised, ever will.

Again I wish you good luck with your new venture but the points I raised in my post are all quite valid, to someone with an objective, not subjective, eye.

Seemed negative to me....  I usually try a place before I trash talk it, but I guess you know better than me.

It's the one you don't hear that gets you, and the one you don't see coming that traps you.

:WinkGrin1:

11 hours ago, bbbz said:

Thanks for showing us the pictures of your tempting offerings.  I will make an effort to find and partake in your menu items.

That mixed grill actually gave me a boner!

Don't mind the negative nancy's are just here waiting for rainy season so they can complain about the weather.

Well, in my case, I have made some negative comments but I don't do that for the sake of it. I was being honest. I saw the pictures and thought -- this food looks boring.  Of course that doesn't mean there isn't a big market for boring food. I appreciate the honesty of the owner in posting pictures because that helps people decide if they're interested. It works the other way a lot of times. Like on tripadvisor I don't pay much attention to the reviews but when there are lots of pictures, especially from customers, and the pictures show food that looks very appealing, for me that means I will try to visit. Sometimes you can even decide what to order before going there that way.

Or if the food pictures look boring to you, not.

Edited by Kreggerz

That mixed grill could feed 2 people. The hideaway is one of my go to bars in Pattaya. Nice mix of decent farang's and their partners.

Andy won't do any venture unless it is done right and is fair but firm with is staff.

Plus he is on site nearly all the time. I will be trying the rib shack as one of my first meals in Pattaya.

Good luck with the new venture Andy and see you in December, i know i won't be disappointed with the food.

On 11/11/2018 at 01:40, Judge Dredd said:

Thank you, see you in February.