IGNORED

The Rib Shack at The Hideaway Soi Buakhaow 15

20 hours ago, deano4598 said:

You have never been there yet you are prepared to make this suggestion that the business will use old food, not fresh??? 

As stated above, your post IS negative and IMO quite unfair. Last month I ate there and enjoyed the ribs. Soi 15 is far from out of the way being at the back of Areca and not far from Avenue Shops and a short walk from LK Metro/Soi Dianna.

Good on you @Hideaway, don't let negative people deter you from selling great food.

Thank you. I certainly won't be dismayed or put off. I had a restaurant 17 years in the Caribbean (The Hideaway St Barth - Chez Andy) so I do have a bit of experience.

And to reply to the other guy, we do our shopping daily from the local butchers and markets, and have a very small menu.

On 11/11/2018 at 02:47, bbbz said:

Thanks for showing us the pictures of your tempting offerings.  I will make an effort to find and partake in your menu items.

That mixed grill actually gave me a boner!

Don't mind the negative nancy's are just here waiting for rainy season so they can complain about the weather.

Thank you, look forward to seeing you.

13 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Well, in my case, I have made some negative comments but I don't do that for the sake of it. I was being honest. I saw the pictures and thought -- this food looks boring.  Of course that doesn't mean there isn't a big market for boring food. I appreciate the honesty of the owner in posting pictures because that helps people decide if they're interested. It works the other way a lot of times. Like on tripadvisor I don't pay much attention to the reviews but when there are lots of pictures, especially from customers, and the pictures show food that looks very appealing, for me that means I will try to visit. Sometimes you can even decide what to order before going there that way.

Or if the food pictures look boring to you, not.

Hope you'll come and see the food in the flesh. These are snapshots from the first few days. Daily progress is made, and the compliments from customers that have actually eaten here are rewards in there self.

9 hours ago, PBear66 said:

That mixed grill could feed 2 people. The hideaway is one of my go to bars in Pattaya. Nice mix of decent farang's and their partners.

Andy won't do any venture unless it is done right and is fair but firm with is staff.

Plus he is on site nearly all the time. I will be trying the rib shack as one of my first meals in Pattaya.

Good luck with the new venture Andy and see you in December, i know i won't be disappointed with the food.

Thank you. So nice to read posts like this.

All food pics look good Andy, will try the new menu when we are back in town in May (if you are still trading........)

Ted

On 10/11/2018 at 16:31, CuppaTea said:

I wish any new venture good luck however.....

Not much foot traffic down this Soi and not a Landmark Destination that guys will want to specifically travel to that offers something different, better and cheaper than loads of other who aint out of the way.

Remember guys out of sight is out of mind and this place is unless your staying in the Soi.

Gone by May at the latest probably because it wont generate the sales to keep it in business and the truth is a food place that has few customers aint going to be buying fresh food every day, they will "store" it to save on wastage

And that aint good.

your be missed !!!

I can't believe it give Andy a chance to open the business and advertise it before predicting its closure date.

Food looks decent I will definitely be giving it a go and will post lots of PICTURES and an actual REVIEW so people can read from someone who HAS ACTUALLY BEEN THERE!

• Like 2

My condo is in the Urban so will walk past this place everyday when I'm there. Looking forward to trying it out. Might need a girl with me to help out with the mixed grill ;)

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Madzar said:

I can't believe it give Andy a chance to open the business and advertise it before predicting its closure date.

Food looks decent I will definitely be giving it a go and will post lots of PICTURES and an actual REVIEW so people can read from someone who HAS ACTUALLY BEEN THERE!

Just posted, a good review by someone who has dined at the Rib Shack.

Thanks for your post, sorry about the negativity,  makes it hard to get business owners on here.

I have had their ribs a couple times and thought they were tasty, and not too expensive, reasonable... A very big order of fries comes with the ribs... Will go back again, and again, no doubt... My TGF has a shop around the corner from HideAway so I pass by there almost daily... HideAway has some VERY BUSY nights - guess mostly pool tournaments... The owner, who has been in the restaurant/bar business for many years (not just in Thailand) is a nice guy... I hear the rooms are very nicely appointed... HideAway Rib Shack - gets my nod of approval...

• Like 2

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

22 minutes ago, LaaMok said:

Thanks for your post, sorry about the negativity,  makes it hard to get business owners on here.

No worries mate, the negative comments have spurred on the thread. You'll be seeing me on here a fair bit now. Keep up the good work, see you soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Just posted, a good review by someone who has dined at the Rib Shack.

Thank you for sharing that, may the force be with you.

Lots of people go past Hideaway it’s by Mercure and Centara and the back end of the Avenue.  The guy posting that it’ll go bust because no one goes past is talking shit. 

Edited by nzwolfgang
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Hideaway said:

Thank you. I certainly won't be dismayed or put off. I had a restaurant 17 years in the Caribbean (The Hideaway St Barth - Chez Andy) so I do have a bit of experience.

And to reply to the other guy, we do our shopping daily from the local butchers and markets, and have a very small menu.

Hmm.

The Caribbean you say?

I wonder can you do a somewhat authentic Jerk Chicken platter with the typical sides? That's another case where the chicken should be on the bone of course. If you did that decently, that would be the opposite of boring, and I don't think anyone else in town would have it.

I've never cooked it and don't know if it's realistic to get the ingredients here. I remember the Scottish chef at Bite Me did it once as a special and he told me it was really easy to do, but his version was terrible.

Edited by Kreggerz

29 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

Hmm.

The Caribbean you say?

I wonder can you do a somewhat authentic Jerk Chicken platter with the typical sides? That's another case where the chicken should be on the bone of course. If you did that decently, that would be the opposite of boring, and I don't think anyone else in town would have it.

I've never cooked it and don't know if it's realistic to get the ingredients here. I remember the Scottish chef at Bite Me did it once as a special and he told me it was really easy to do, but his version was terrible.

It did cross my mind, but I don't really have enough experience of the jerk chicken, as I was on a French island. The food was mainly French there, but with French chefs.

We have a great team in the kitchen, Fah our main chef was at Witherspoons for quite a while and came with good recommendations. Her Thai cooking is excellent and I love the daily specials. She does ribs as good as I've eaten anywhere, but you cannot please everyone's taste.

The other thing that doesn't come out in the photos is the size of the plates which are actually very big.

I really want to stay with this menu, as we only aim to be doing 25-30 covers per evening, and as I said before, this way we do daily shopping, and prepare ribs overnight for the next day.

As for the chicken breast, it is actually selling very well, and we constantly have customers complimenting on the moistness of the chicken. We had one or two that were a bit dry in the 1st few days, but now that Fah has got used to The Grill even the dry ones are wet !

I do appreciate your ideas and feedback, and look forward to buying you a beer sometime in the future.

Andy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I wish you great success.

I'm still Jonesing for some jerk chicken though.

Can't always get what you want.

I think I’ll have a go at this when I visit in March / April.   Lucky I’ll be there before May.

good luck with your business.

1 hour ago, dave01 said:

A bloke posts something about his business and some self proclaimed experts on business here, want to have a dip at the bloke's business without stepping foot into the joint... It is pitiful.  

To the OP, sorry for the mini rant. I have been to your place a few times and enjoy it there, I hope the "add on" (if that is the right word), works a treat for you..

So do you think people should self censor their honest impressions? I guess I missed the memo that this was a North Korean forum.

Edited by Kreggerz

Really like the idea of a small menu with each item cooked properly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tarl said:

Really like the idea of a small menu with each item cooked properly. 

I totally agree with that. When I see a large menu especially with food of many nations, I see a warning sign. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dave01 said:

A bloke posts something about his business and some self proclaimed experts on business here, want to have a dip at the bloke's business without stepping foot into the joint... It is pitiful.  

dave01.......this is an open forum and accolades and criticism are part of it.....if Hideaway looks closely at the criticism as to why,what and wherefore he may decide to do some "tweaking" to improve his product which will benefit both customer and himself.....think about it as constructive criticism :Agree1:

4 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

I totally agree with that. When I see a large menu especially with food of many nations, I see a warning sign. 

This. Small menu with not frozen items on it will surely taste good and people will pay more also when it's delicious

Your professional responses to critism  say more than anything you could have  typed up as rebuttals.  Happy to try your food next time I’m in town.