Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Rib Shack at The Hideaway Soi Buakhaow 15

thanks for putting up an array of good pics for all to see . wish you well in your endeavours and hope your on a winner .. it certainly looks that way 

4 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Pics look good.

Fish, chips ...................and salad? :wacko:

Mmmm i love raw carrot with my f&c lol. Come on, thats crazy.

better than cooked blood , sorry black pudding , he's only dressing the plate to make more appealing IMHO . no different to getting cucumber on just about every dish in thailand wether thai or fulung food ... never see it in the west .

i think the pics do him justice and hope he succeeds with his venture

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I reckon I could name at least a dozen restaurants in Pattaya that serves Liver with Mashed Potatoes.

No shit? Yet another reason that I feel even with the visa situation being more complicated and much more expensive than the Philippines, Thailand will be my retirement choice. Now if Filipinos ever learned to cook ...

Edited by Srirachapocalypse
  • Like 2

Looks delicieus. I will certainly come by to have a try. Most likely several times. Portions look pretty large so I will try to handle as I am not a very big eater.

Will stay just around the corner at LK Residence so pretty easy to hop over. Though I am afraid still have to wait until september.

9 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Is that tartare sauce with the fish and chips or just mayo? 

Had the tartare sauce with my fish and chips.

17 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Pics look good.

Fish, chips ...................and salad? :wacko:

Mmmm i love raw carrot with my f&c lol. Come on, thats crazy.

Many people like it. We are living in a healthier world than when we grew up.

You can ask for no salad, or leave them, we won’t make you sit at the table until finished.

11 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Is that tartare sauce with the fish and chips or just mayo? 

Home made tartare sauce, made by chef Fah.

2 hours ago, Scottie1 said:

Real John Dory in uk is expensive and delicious.

We’ve been through this before. The Dory Fish here is not John Dory but Pangasius, hence the reason we stopped. It was ok, but very watery.

Our customers have all appreciated the change to cod. And the feedback here helped to make that decision.

3 hours ago, paulvds said:

Looks delicieus. I will certainly come by to have a try. Most likely several times. Portions look pretty large so I will try to handle as I am not a very big eater.

Will stay just around the corner at LK Residence so pretty easy to hop over. Though I am afraid still have to wait until september.

Contrary to certain suggestions we hope to be around in September. If we make it past May.....

:):WhoSaw1:

Look forward to seeing you.

Edited by Hideaway
add on.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, jimboh said:

I note 2 different type of chips, the chunky and the shoestring. Do you get a choice?

Yes, we now have both. If the waitress forgets to ask, you, please let her know.

I’m preparing updated menus soon which will have been decided by sales and feedback.

The new menus will clarify choices of side dishes etc.

Look forward to posting when ready. But probably another fortnight until I’ve settled on everything.

Edited by Hideaway
Add on
  • Like 3

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 23:44, Hideaway said:

We’ve been through this before. The Dory Fish here is not John Dory but Pangasius, hence the reason we stopped. It was ok, but very watery.

Our customers have all appreciated the change to cod. And the feedback here helped to make that decision.

Well I finally made it down to your joint for the fish and chips Friday special.

Well overall for the platter and service I would say pretty good but the fish was mushy/soggy. The batter and crust were fine. I'm talking about the texture of the fish inside. I assume you source it frozen and am no expert on fish frying but you might want to do some more QA on that. 

Edited by Kreggerz

• 1 month later...

So the first place I ate at my recent trip was the Hideway.  I had to try the ribs.PMarRestaurants01.thumb.jpg.f8d217331bab20c7a1bfde57b47b826a.jpg

That's the half rack, with fries, salad and a small piece of corn.  As you can see, the meat just falls off the bone when touched with a fork.  I'd describe the sauce as Kansas City style sweet/tangy.  I tried a bit of everything on the plate and it was all excellent, but I could only completely finish the ribs.  It's a lot of food.

I also had the opportunity to meet our host, and enjoyed our conversation.  I'll be back.

On 10/03/2019 at 17:00, tko said:

So the first place I ate at my recent trip was the Hideway.  I had to try the ribs.PMarRestaurants01.thumb.jpg.f8d217331bab20c7a1bfde57b47b826a.jpg

That's the half rack, with fries, salad and a small piece of corn.  As you can see, the meat just falls off the bone when touched with a fork.  I'd describe the sauce as Kansas City style sweet/tangy.  I tried a bit of everything on the plate and it was all excellent, but I could only completely finish the ribs.  It's a lot of food.

I also had the opportunity to meet our host, and enjoyed our conversation.  I'll be back.

Thanks for posting, glad you enjoyed your meal.

Just for information. The Rib Shack will be closed on Mondays. Taking the option of giving the kitchen staff the same day off. They're doing a great job. Will be looking for one more cook at some time, and then we can think of opening 7/7 again.

Edited by Hideaway
spelling

8 hours ago, Hideaway said:

Just for information. The Rib Shack will be closed on Mondays. Taking the option of giving the kitchen staff the same day off. They're doing a great job. Will be looking for one more cook at some time, and then we can think of opening 7/7 again.

Wish I'd known earlier was looking forward to trying it all day, was gutted when I got there and was closed haha.

I'll definitely be back tomorrow though. :)

Went tonight and had the half rack of ribs and French fries and it was very good.

First time I've had ribs in ages so I'm no expert but it's not the first time I've had sticky fingers over here :)

Decided to have a change, usually go to Surprise which never disappoints, so went to Hideaway and have to say, was excellent.

Had the half rack, asked for the chunky chips and also came with a nice salad, good dressing and a small corn cob. More than enough for me, ribs were tender and so tasty, service good, although one server with glasses was so loud. Like the location too, handy and also looks like can do for talk away.

Will return and for sure, will recommend to friends. Was very reasonably priced at 245B.

IMG_6017.JPG

Went there last night. Ribs were excellent

30fd84984341031ef74e385769a6e429.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 30/01/2019 at 15:01, jimboh said:

I note 2 different type of chips, the chunky and the shoestring. Do you get a choice?

Yes you choose. Traditional british style chips or KFC style french fries. 

4 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

Yes you choose. Traditional british style chips or KFC style french fries. 

Got to be British style all the way :08: