IGNORED

The Rib Shack at The Hideaway Soi Buakhaow 15

Had lunch here a couple of times in the past 2 weeks.  Half rack of Ribs and the BBQ Chicken.  Both were good and the service was good :)

20191231_143504.jpg

20200106_151725.jpg

Hi Andy,

I have emailed the hotel twice now regarding a booking, no reply, im sure im using the right email as I copy and pasted it from ur webpage, but I understand ur a busy guy!

dates are for 7 nights, 11th November - 18th November - you have anything ? 

cheers

Gaz

Edited by gazza83

8 hours ago, gazza83 said:

Hi Andy,

I have emailed the hotel twice now regarding a booking, no reply, im sure im using the right email as I copy and pasted it from ur webpage, but I understand ur a busy guy!

dates are for 7 nights, 11th November - 18th November - you have anything ? 

cheers

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

Only received the email at 3am, but have replied now that I have surfaced.

Cheers Andy

• 1 month later...

One of my favourite places for a feed

• Thanks 2

Do people still sit there smoking like restaurants in 1975?  Let me know when it’s non-smoking like the rest of the world in 2020 and I’ll start going back again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rib Shack has some great ribs, I have been there many times. I do wish however that they could put some BBQ sauce on the ribs while cooking them though. I know it is sauce on the tables, but adding some sauce the last minutes on The Grill gives a better taste. A bit like how Smokin Joes it where you can pick your sauce of the menu. If they would do that I would be here 5 times a week (instead of "only" 2 times a week like I do now when I visit) :)

All in all a great place and a nice owner. More people deserve to know about this hidden gem.

• 1 month later...

Everything closed about the Corona......no food for take away at The Hideaway.

The half rack Ribs ar ok there, but they don't have a take away service at the Corona lock down time. 

Edited by Creamboy

I had really good Fish & Chips on my trip one year ago. Hope i can return for the ribs soon.

IMG20190510134413.jpg

Edited by reisender123

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I am pleased they are still alive and kicking....hope they are when I can come back.....had the best ribs there some time ago...and want them again!

My only gripe then was the construction going on around that area....has it toned down a bit?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keepitfun said:

Well I am pleased they are still alive and kicking....hope they are when I can come back.....had the best ribs there some time ago...and want them again!

My only gripe then was the construction going on around that area....has it toned down a bit?

any noise would be from the katasseri groups new hotel Amethyst. that is now at full height so soon construction will be mainly internal work. not much noise right now

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I stopped by for a modified version of their light American breakfast.  I traded the beans (seriously? American?) for another hash brown and the pancake which is authentic but I didn't want one for another sausage.  Just what I needed after my first night in the bars.

HideawayBreakfast.thumb.jpg.bb05bc2b6f3cd4084624e3f6208214c4.jpg

• Like 2

i walk 2 hrs around pattaya every morning and it will often include a pass by The  Hideaway. usually several falangs in there eating which is a positive indicator that they are doing things right.

i have a condo so i don't myself eat breakfast out so i can't comment on the food here or anywhere else for that matter, but having customers is a good sign

Edited by striderman

3 hours ago, tko said:

I stopped by for a modified version of their light American breakfast.  I traded the beans (seriously? American?) for another hash brown and the pancake which is authentic but I didn't want one for another sausage.  Just what I needed after my first night in the bars.

HideawayBreakfast.thumb.jpg.bb05bc2b6f3cd4084624e3f6208214c4.jpg

The standard American breakfast there doesn't include beans.  Well done, bud!  Trading something you don't have in the first place, for an actual item.

9 hours ago, tko said:

I traded the beans (seriously? American?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baked_beans#:~:text=While some historians have theorized,introduced to Europe around 1528.

"According to chef and food historian Walter Staib of Philadelphia's City Tavern, baked beans had its roots as a Native peoples dish in the Americas long before the dish became known to Western culture.[9] Native Americans mixed beans, maple sugar, and bear fat in earthenware pots which they placed in underground "bean holes" which were lined in hot rocks to cook slowly over a long period of time.[9]

British colonists in New England were the first westerners to adopt the dish from the Native peoples; and were quick to embrace it largely because the dish was reminiscent of peas porridge "

20 hours ago, wadman said:

The standard American breakfast there doesn't include beans.  Well done, bud!  Trading something you don't have in the first place, for an actual item.

From their menu:

American Breakfast140 2 Thin Cumberland sausages, 2 eggs, 2 slices lean back bacon, 1 hash brown,Baked beans, 1 pancake with syrup, toast with butter and jelly.

12 minutes ago, tko said:

From their menu:

American Breakfast140 2 Thin Cumberland sausages, 2 eggs, 2 slices lean back bacon, 1 hash brown,Baked beans, 1 pancake with syrup, toast with butter and jelly.

They currently have this big pic posted outside.

Yours might have been a different American breakfast, as it's listed at 140 baht.  Did you pay 140?  The one on special is 99 baht.

americanBF.gif.5ef8b39d52c49dae48c90ba2c67749be.gif

20 minutes ago, wadman said:

They currently have this big pic posted outside.

Yours might have been a different American breakfast, as it's listed at 140 baht.  Did you pay 140?  The one on special is 99 baht.

americanBF.gif.5ef8b39d52c49dae48c90ba2c67749be.gif

Yes, I did the one off the menu at 140.  I didn't see the sign coming in from the Soi Boomerang side otherwise i could have just changed the pancakes out and it would have been a better deal.

• 1 year later...

Hey @Hideaway...ate here a few times over the last couple of weeks...ALL was great as usual...except the ribs.  I have had them at your place at least a dozen or so times and went out of my way to recommend this place to everyone...so not sure what happened...if you switched ribs...vendors or what...or maybe a bad order or off night?  But they were not like ones I have had here before ...or the ones in the pics...were kinda like bones barely connected with meat...should have taken a pic.  It was a day or so after you had run out of them maybe a week or so ago if that helps?  Like I said...we ordered 6-8 Thai dishes...chicken..ice cream..shakes...all was aroi...except the one thing I look so forward to on my visits...so hoping it was just a bad order/shipment...because love me some hideaway ribs.