IGNORED

The Rib Shack at The Hideaway Soi Buakhaow 15

On 12/11/2018 at 19:33, Kreggerz said:

So do you think people should self censor their honest impressions? I guess I missed the memo that this was a North Korean forum.

Of all the things to miss! 

• Like 2

On 08/12/2018 at 12:46, The Danimal said:

FInally got a chance to stop by...super nice ladies...opened/cooked 20 minutes early for me as they were just sitting there and the food was ready...….Good stuff...the beans need some work...(good flavor but were a bit dry and raw tasting/texture)...I prefer traditional baked beans.  The ribs were excellent though...can't remember having better ribs in Pats...or anywhere in Thailand really.  got the half rack and also don't ever remember getting a half rack that big or meaty before.  Will 100% be back...240/249 for a 1/2 with two sides/salad/slice of corn or 100 more for a full slab...a third of the price of other nearby "Texas" type BBQ's...

Thank you very much, and noted for the beans, I must admit I wasn't 100% happy with them, so that's been sorted. We'll actually be using canned beans instead of the dried ones, but will still be kidney beans, but more BBQ style.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2018 at 15:21, Zeb said:

I had a very good meal here recently.

Mine Host came over to say hello etc without being intrusive.

They also had a free spread of cheeses and crusty bread the night I was there which also went down well.

It is in a handy location near LKM etc and has a lot going for it.

I'll be back again next year and will also have a look at their rooms this time.

Recommended - give it a try.

Glad you enjoyed it, and yes was a bit of luck landing on the cheese day. A good French friend of mine brought way too much down for me so it was a pleasure to pass it on free to customers and friends (with his blessing). I was eating cheese for a week.

1 hour ago, Hideaway said:

Thank you very much, and noted for the beans, I must admit I wasn't 100% happy with them, so that's been sorted. We'll actually be using canned beans instead of the dried ones, but will still be kidney beans, but more BBQ style.

Thanks...that should do the trick for the beans to get a better texture

I ate ribs here twice on my recent trip.

• Tenderness - nearly fall off the bone, not over cooked
  • Fattiness - not
  • Sauce flavor - excellent, rich, subtly sweet and tangy with a hint of smoke
  • Portion size - good
  • Service - attentive
  • Value - excellent

Tired of Thai food? Need to eat meat? This is a great option.

I'll be back on my next trip.

Just now, thestigy said:

I ate ribs here twice on my recent trip.

• Tenderness - nearly fall off the bone, not over cooked
  • Fattiness - not
  • Sauce flavor - excellent, rich, subtly sweet and tangy with a hint of smoke
  • Portion size - good
  • Service - attentive
  • Value - excellent

Tired of Thai food? Need to eat meat? This is a great option.

I'll be back on my next trip.

Many thanks, glad you enjoyed.

That looks great Andy, look forward to having it when we return in May.( That's if you are still trading of course !!!!!)

10 hours ago, Hideaway said:

By popular demand we are having Fish & Chips as a regular Friday Special. This is along with a Thai Special and usual  Rib Shack menu.

Fish and Chips is 180  baht.

Thanks for the update, can you tell us what fish you are using please? There is a big difference in Pattaya with the variety of fish used which dictates whether I will try the fish and chips or not.

Your ribs do look good though - so will have a visit when I am back.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, article22 said:

Thanks for the update, can you tell us what fish you are using please? There is a big difference in Pattaya with the variety of fish used which dictates whether I will try the fish and chips or not.

Your ribs do look good though - so will have a visit when I am back.

We use fillet of Dory Fish. So no bones to worry about.

Dory fish is highly used by Gordon Ramsay in his restaurants, and is almost as good as ours :LMAO1:

• Like 2

Looking forward to a comment by somebody who has tried the fish & chips... the customers that I have checked so far have been very complimentary, and I'm a fan too.

Edited by Hideaway
elaboration

Just now, Hideaway said:

Dory fish is highly used by Gordon Ramsay in his restaurants, and is almost as good as ours :LMAO1:

Whats that cheap mushy fish that everyone else sells for 99? 

Just now, Hideaway said:

I’m sorry, but what the Thais call ‘dory’ is usually farmed pangasius. It’s fed all sorts of chemicals and antibiotics. It’s sometimes called basa. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just now, taylor1975 said:

Whats that cheap mushy fish that everyone else sells for 99? 

I refer you to the answer I gave earlier.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2018 at 15:54, Hideaway said:

Looking forward to a comment by somebody who has tried the fish & chips... the customers that I have checked so far have been very complimentary, and I'm a fan too.

I tried the ribs a couple of nights back very tasty.

Unless the fish is cod or haddock( Retox Game on) not interested as is always a disappointment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29/12/2018 at 17:57, Pheat said:

I tried the ribs a couple of nights back very tasty.

Unless the fish is cod or haddock( Retox Game on) not interested as is always a disappointment.

Glad that you enjoyed the ribs.

Please give the fish and chips a try  sometime, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Would be happy to get your feedback.

Cod or haddock would mean almost double menu price, and I haven't had one unhappy fish and chips customer so far.

Edited by Hideaway

3 hours ago, Hideaway said:

After the feedback from here and doing a little market research with customers, we are now doing 2 fish on a Friday at The Rib Shack @ The Hideaway

Dory, which after a bit of googling I am happy to accept that it is Pangasus. Pangasus doesn't have a great reputation , but is often passed of as John Dory Fish which is a deep ocean fish, and overpriced which is probably the reason for its bad reputation. The Pangasus (sometimes called Dory in Thailand) is a  freshwater catfish.

We also are having a cod fillet, which will be served in 2 pieces, as the fillets are small. The cod is a lot more expensive at cost, and the price on the menu relates this. Saying this, we served more cod than pangasus last night.

So I stand corrected, and will continue serving both, but will not try to cover behind the name of Dory.

49855702_10215339384451559_2978577519336226816_n.jpg

Great to see an honest business man who takes feedback on board, hope your business does really well.

I'm looking forward to trying it in March.

Too late to change? ...you spelled pangasius wrong on the menu. Not the end of the world though.

On 05/01/2019 at 05:02, Hideaway said:

After the feedback from here and doing a little market research with customers, we are now doing 2 fish on a Friday at The Rib Shack @ The Hideaway

Dory, which after a bit of googling I am happy to accept that it is Pangasus. Pangasus doesn't have a great reputation , but is often passed of as John Dory Fish which is a deep ocean fish, and overpriced which is probably the reason for its bad reputation. The Pangasus (sometimes called Dory in Thailand) is a  freshwater catfish.

We also are having a cod fillet, which will be served in 2 pieces, as the fillets are small. The cod is a lot more expensive at cost, and the price on the menu relates this. Saying this, we served more cod than pangasus last night.

So I stand corrected, and will continue serving both, but will not try to cover behind the name of Dory.

Excellent response.  It doesn't affect me, as I'll be visiting your establishment for the ribs, but I appreciate the integrity.

• Like 2

On 05/01/2019 at 21:39, taylor1975 said:

Too late to change? ...you spelled pangasius wrong on the menu. Not the end of the world though.

lol yes, will try to get it right next Friday...

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 06:21, Hideaway said:

So I stopped by today and met Andy...good mate...any way had a very similar experience to last time except I dined in tonight...and the beans were very good...texture and flavor were on point compared to last time.  Can't wait to get into the Grand Avenue Condos and eat here multiple times per week.