IGNORED

Having Problems with the site

jed§

Yes people have a life when they are not chasing hookers :-)

So people with computers have a life, those with smartphones don't, ok, maybe somewhere logic

On 24/10/2018 at 19:14, whitespider said:

Voluum is perfectly legitimate software allowing the advertiser to track clicks etc

It does NOT track YOU (specifically) other than notify the advertiser where the click came from.

It is used by thousands of advertisers and I can assure you is 100% legit

Most Anti Virus applications will throw up false positives every now and again and I would guess that is happening here.

I dont know ESET but there is usually means to report "false positives" so they can remove it from their list. They should be aware of voluum as it is widely used.

You can also google something like "is voluum.com safe". If it were not there will be a lot of neg' results there.

I think you can also turn off tracking (for all sites) in your browser.

You can visit the site at https://voluum.com/  and take my word for it, it's safe to visit

Other than that bro there is not much I can suggest.

Many thanks whitespider I will work through your suggestions.

Thank you, RU4Real and the team for all the work put into the website. 

Edited by Zeb

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

whitespider & RU4Real

I turned off ESET looking for the Voluum signature and I'm good now - back to before.

Ta again.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

When i try to open from my Desktop Shortcut. I get this. I have 52mbps with 3BB.

1344843982_ScreenHunter05.jpg.52d585e797d98d2efa84badf4344f012.jpg

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Thought only me as it started the day I landed in the Philippines 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Forum is very slow, when i click on a topic or a post it often takes ages to appear!

• Like 2

There is an indexing of posts task operatimg in the background,  which may take aout a week to ten days to complete. This might cause a few errors etc and slowness. We dont want to touch anything until this task is complete. After that is done we will try to fix the small issues we might have. They could reslve themselves after this task. Please bear with us.

Notifications are appearing multiple times now.

I received six separate notifications for one of Dragonrider's posts a few minutes ago.

Also, the two banner ads above the thread title mess the title up very badly if you zoom in to increase the font size. (firefox CTRL+)

shot.thumb.png.4180fdb6d4476dc3cfdc9114b72afc53.png

Edited by ocka
added image

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Notifications are appearing multiple times now.

I received six separate notifications for one of Dragonrider's posts a few minutes ago.

Also, the two banner ads above the thread title mess the title up very badly if you zoom in to increase the font size. (firefox CTRL+)

shot.thumb.png.4180fdb6d4476dc3cfdc9114b72afc53.png

Yes that would be due to the reindexing.

Once the reindexing is done you will not get any of this happening.

A question to Admin.

Has the tasks frozen on the background..?

Yes that would be due to the reindexing.

Once the reindexing is done you will not get any of this happening.

A question to Admin.

Has the tasks frozen on the background..?

It did freeze for a couple of hours, they are on to that. 

I've just been to my thread in the business section to reply to someone and there is nothing available to reply to it ? Looks like I can't post anything new on there either but everywhere else seems ok ?

It did freeze for a couple of hours, they are on to that. 

If it keeps freezing then you will need to set up Cron Jobs to run on the server 

You will need to go into Admin CP and set it up then set it up on the server.

This will stop it from freezing and i guess its bumping off all the tasks which it over loading the server.

On 28/10/2018 at 10:30, Billyboy294 said:

When i try to open from my Desktop Shortcut. I get this. I have 52mbps with 3BB.

1344843982_ScreenHunter05.jpg.52d585e797d98d2efa84badf4344f012.jpg

Caching. Clear your browser cache.

If it keeps freezing then you will need to set up Cron Jobs to run on the server 

You will need to go into Admin CP and set it up then set it up on the server.

This will stop it from freezing and i guess its bumping off all the tasks which it over loading the server.

That is what's been or being done now, I'm not the tech guy as you can probably tell. :) , I just try to pass on info so people know what is happening and then they don't think it is a problem with their computer.

7 hours ago, rhodie said:

I just did . It may no difference.

. You may ask then how did i access the Forum. I scrolled down  about three pages  and clicked the first of a list of 'New Content". and it opens. I have two bars referring to the site problems. Do others have this.

1019111980_ScreenHunter05.thumb.jpg.f32bcd788b11bf240a34fcbbf2b69e47.jpg

1 hour ago, Billyboy294 said:

. You may ask then how did i access the Forum. I scrolled down  about three pages  and clicked the first of a list of 'New Content". and it opens. I have two bars referring to the site problems. Do others have this.

Those are not two bars referring to problems

The top one (red) is an "announcement" you click it for info

The blue one is showing the site is reindexing after the server sync - e are about 35% of the way through.

And yes everyone sees them

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

it'S not working in tapatalk anymore. I checked to make sure I have the latest tapatalk update installed. Please fix it. 

On 25/10/2018 at 09:33, Harry Brown said:

Not really mate. playing Tapacrap on the phone does me head in.

I guess that’s the reason why you guys aren’t bothering to fix the Tapatalk installation on the site, then ? That sure explains a lot.

As of right now, Tapatalk doesn’t work.

C23042D8-AA94-44B9-8AD6-72C4EB40AB2F.jpeg

25 minutes ago, oschkosch said:

it'S not working in tapatalk anymore. I checked to make sure I have the latest tapatalk update installed. Please fix it. 

19 minutes ago, DaffyDuck said:

I guess that’s the reason why you guys aren’t bothering to fix the Tapatalk installation on the site, then ? That sure explains a lot.

With all due respect gents:

• As mentioned before, Tapatalk is a third part app over which we have no control.
  • The latest Tapatalk plugin for the software that this site runs on is installed.
  • The plugin is throwing errors (which I have asked to be passed onto the plugin developer) and may well be causing some of the issues we are trying to resolve.
  • Trying to resolve the issues in the software we actually run is a higher priority than chasing up third party developers.

FYI, as an indication of the issues with Tapatalk we currently have 110,620 entries in the error log purely from the Tapatalk plugin. Scratch that, it's now increased to 113,439 since I took a screenshot just over two hours ago.

2 hours ago, DaffyDuck said:

C23042D8-AA94-44B9-8AD6-72C4EB40AB2F.jpeg

Try not to mis-quote me.that is not what I said. What I am saying is anything to do with a mobile phone and internet to me is crap as I don't like to use a small screen, just a personal preference for me.  The forum will make their own decision. on how they run with technology I have absolutely zilch influence over that.

11 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

OK, strange as I had the exact same problem on Chrome and clearing the cache worked. Good luck. 

20 hours ago, rhodie said:

Now you mention it, I had a similar problem many years ago and clearing the Cache fixed it. Unfortunately not this time.

8 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

With all due respect gents:

• As mentioned before, Tapatalk is a third part app over which we have no control.
  • The latest Tapatalk plugin for the software that this site runs on is installed.
  • The plugin is throwing errors (which I have asked to be passed onto the plugin developer) and may well be causing some of the issues we are trying to resolve.
  • Trying to resolve the issues in the software we actually run is a higher priority than chasing up third party developers.

FYI, as an indication of the issues with Tapatalk we currently have 110,620 entries in the error log purely from the Tapatalk plugin. Scratch that, it's now increased to 113,439 since I took a screenshot just over two hours ago.

No offense - but not only am I operating quite a popular site, running the latest version of of Invision, and latest version of Tapatalk - but so are 1000 of other sites out there, and none of us are having any of the issues reported.

Without seeing the actual error messages you refer to, most likely this is a third-party hack or mod (of which there are quite a few on the site) having a compatibility issue with Tapatalk, or Tapatalk highlighting the compatibility issue - could also be as simple as the usual database corruption, which appears to be popular with this site.

Good luck fixing it.

I may have missed it if it was reported..... but when opening a topic.... the first post is the topic name going vertical. If the topic is long... the first page near takes up the first page.

New idea or will fix after all the background stuff is done??

cheers