jed§

Having Problems with the site

Zeb

Hi guys appreciate your efforts with the site and that you currently have your hands full.

When you get some clean air - I'm still getting a warning message twice from my internet security every time I load a new thread or log in or post something etc.

The warning message relates to a js script and says -

"js/ Voluum (two uu's) potentially unwarranted/ dangerous application.

Thanks again.

Anyone else getting this message/ warning ?

Edited by Zeb

Ru4Real
12 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Anyone else getting this message/ warning ?

On 17/10/2018 at 18:25, Ru4Real said:

js/Voluum.A by any chance? If so we are aware of it; looks like either a false positive being thrown or it's flagging tracking software used by a third party (e.g. one of the ads).

Only one other person has reported it so far.

Zeb

Ru4Real - ta for that.

I'm using ESET internet security - Aussie software mob - had it for a few years now.

Ru4Real
10 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Ru4Real - ta for that.

If you see it again can you make a note of what ads are on the page, be interesting to see which one it is.

Or, maybe have a look at the site of the tracking software I believe is being flagged (https://voluum.com/), one would assume they use their own tech :D If ESET throws a warning then that would kind of confirm.

vivid2
2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Check what Tapatalk version you have, I'm 8.0.x, working fine except no notifications which may be across the board

Thanks for the tip.  I did have an older version (7.x) so I updated to the latest version.  But unfortunately I still can’t log in.  Tapatalk works just fine with other forums, but not PA.  GRRRRRRRRRR :Anger:

jonEE

Hey I'm in!

Keeps looping the login screen, as many have said. I have also gotten the "Website not secure" warning.

I have been able to randomly get in a couple of time in the last few days

cyfruil

Is the mobile site working? View new content are still broken for me but im not sure if my (android) phone  has cached the bad one.

The threads looks ok to me

Khun Radio

Hello.  I am new to this website.  I tried to register earlier, about 12 hours ago, and was unable to do so.  I was using the Opera browser.  

I found I could read this thread, apparently as an unregistered guest and saw a post by one person, saying he logged in with Edge.  I do not have Edge, my operating system is Windows 7, so I tried Internet Explorer. 

I was able to register with no problems.  I opened my confirmation  link in gmail and was able to log in using the Opera browser.  

Just FYI to the Mods, or IT personnel.  

Now off to look for any "read this" threads for new people. 

davidge

Back to normal on iPad - but I had to clear history & website data in Settings first.

Shaygate

When i go into Barstool Banter i get an unformatted page. I'm using chrome on an Anddroid phone 

Screenshot_20181024-083658_Chrome.jpg

dan2016

I'm still getting logged off the site every time I go to browse and want to find a new topic to search. Then I got to sign in twice to get in. Anybody else having this problem?

Zeb
1 hour ago, Ru4Real said:

If you see it again can you make a note of what ads are on the page, be interesting to see which one it is.

Or, maybe have a look at the site of the tracking software I believe is being flagged (https://voluum.com/), one would assume they use their own tech :D If ESET throws a warning then that would kind of confirm.

The warning message comes up twice on every page I load, every thread I access, everytime I log on or post a reply.

The Ads vary to an extent from page to page but include hotel ads, ads about placing ads, ads for Pattaya Investigations, An Ad for Pussy Bar, Devils Den, ads for Agoda, ads for Dating sites etc.

https://voluum.com/ is ad tracking software and that is what my internet secuity is drawing my attention to.

ESET's support page says in part -

"

Potentially unwanted applications

A potentially unwanted application (PUA) is a program that contains adware, installs toolbars or has other unclear objectives. There are some situations where a user may feel that the benefits of a potentially unwanted application outweigh the risks.

For this reason, ESET assigns such applications a lower-risk category compared to other types of malicious software, such as trojan horses or worms"

https://support.eset.com/kb2629/?locale=en_EN&utm_source=Application&utm_medium=Application&utm_campaign=PUA

At this stage I'm reluctant to fully disable ESET's tracking & reporting of this situation - but having to dismiss each warning twice for every page, every post I read doesn't fill me with undiluted pleasure either.

But I suppose everyone accessing this board is probably getting this JS PUA thrown at them as well - its just their internet security may not be seeing or reporting it ?

As I said above - I'm getting this irrespective of what ads are on various pages and this started from the first sync of servers 10-14 days ago.

Will see what happens in the next few days.

Ta again RU4Real.

Edited by Zeb

Autoroam

Its getting better....yesterday there was no box to type replies....now there is.

Heres to a full recovery.

Not having access to this forum is like going to pattaya without your testicles.

whitespider
38 minutes ago, Zeb said:

The warning message comes up twice on every page I load, every thread I access, everytime I log on or post a reply.

The Ads vary to an extent from page to page but include Hotel ads, ads about placing ads, ads for Pattaya Investigations, An Ad for Pussy Bar, Devils Den, ads for Agoda, ads for Dating sites etc.

https://voluum.com/ is ad tracking software and that is what my internet secuity is drawing my attention to.

ESET's support page says in part -

"

Potentially unwanted applications

A potentially unwanted application (PUA) is a program that contains adware, installs toolbars or has other unclear objectives. There are some situations where a user may feel that the benefits of a potentially unwanted application outweigh the risks.

For this reason, ESET assigns such applications a lower-risk category compared to other types of malicious software, such as trojan horses or worms"

https://support.eset.com/kb2629/?locale=en_EN&utm_source=Application&utm_medium=Application&utm_campaign=PUA

At this stage I'm reluctant to fully disable ESET's tracking & reporting of this situation - but having to dismiss each warning twice for every page, every post I read doesn't fill me with undiluted pleasure either.

But I suppose everyone accessing this board is probably getting this JS PUA thrown at them as well - its just their internet security may not be seeing or reporting it ?

As I said above - I'm getting this irrespective of what ads are on various pages and this started from the first sync of servers 10-14 days ago.

Will see what happens in the next few days.

Ta again RU4Real.

Voluum is perfectly legitimate software allowing the advertiser to track clicks etc

It does NOT track YOU (specifically) other than notify the advertiser where the click came from.

It is used by thousands of advertisers and I can assure you is 100% legit

Most Anti Virus applications will throw up false positives every now and again and I would guess that is happening here.

I dont know ESET but there is usually means to report "false positives" so they can remove it from their list. They should be aware of voluum as it is widely used.

You can also google something like "is voluum.com safe". If it were not there will be a lot of neg' results there.

I think you can also turn off tracking (for all sites) in your browser.

You can visit the site at https://voluum.com/  and take my word for it, it's safe to visit

Other than that bro there is not much I can suggest.

rhodie
5 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I still cannot log in using the Opera browser.  Here is the message I get when:

Error.thumb.JPG.39f10efaaa1556ccd617e35316d34cd2.JPG

I can log in using Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Explorer, but Opera is my preferred browser due to the Turbo Acceleration feature. 

Evil

I know this is stating the obvious, but I had a similar problem on Chrome after everything should have been working and only fixed by clearing cache.

Edited by rhodie
Sp

whitespider
59 minutes ago, rhodie said:

I know this is stating the obvious, but I had a similar problem on Chrome after everything should have been working and only fixed by clearing cache.

It certainly looks like a caching issue - I had the same error number on FFox and did the following

Closed down compuer

Opened Firefox

Went to options - cleared cache and cookies

Restarted comp again - all was good.

Scuba+
4 minutes ago, whitespider said:

It certainly looks like a caching issue - I had the same error number on FFox and did the following

Closed down compuer

Opened Firefox

Went to options - cleared cache and cookies

Restarted comp again - all was good.

Anyone looking at the no notification issue?

rhodie
Just now, Scuba+ said:

Seems to be fine in browser. Must be a Tapatalk issue.

Scuba+
Yes looks like a tapatalk issue, someone said earlier the forum needs to update to the latest version

whitespider
12 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

We have a long list of things to do. 3rd party apps will be done but there are more pressing issues. I understand tech' are already in contact with Tapatalk about getting the upgrade file.

Ru4Real

@Zeb Expected result.

Could you do us a favour and report it to EZET, they appear to be a tadge overzealous. As Whitespider explained, EZET is flagging industry standard tracking code which if really an issue we'd all be getting warnings as I'm sure "nobody" browses the net nowadays without anti virus software installed :D

aussieoutcast

Site is still fucked..rest of rant deleted...maybe hit restore to 3 weeks ago when it worked perfectly...

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Terryofcrete
16 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Notifications don't seem to be working still

That will make us appreciate it all the more I hope . 

Ru4Real
35 minutes ago, aussieoutcast said:

Site is still fucked..rest of rant deleted...maybe hit restore to 3 weeks ago when it worked perfectly...

Rants are all well and good but without specifics pretty useless if you actually want to see things fixed.

Tapatalk is a third party plugin that PA basically has no control over. If you choose to use it that's up to you.

whitespider
On 24/10/2018 at 17:34, Scuba+ said:
On 24/10/2018 at 17:26, rhodie said:

Yes looks like a tapatalk issue, someone said earlier the forum needs to update to the latest version

Tapatalk has been updated, whcih caused the latest outage.

We only have two settings for Tapatalk ON/OFF - it is updated and switched on. If there are any further issues you need to contact them but hopefuilly its sorted.