IGNORED

Having Problems with the site

jed§

10 hours ago, LeoTex said:

It is hard to understand that we can get in here and post/quote, but not be able to log into the forum.

If I go up to my notifications (the bell icon) at the top, I can get in the 'backdoor' to look and post on just those threads, but can't navigate anywhere else.

I'm using Internet Explorer and never had any trouble getting in until these problems started a few weeks ago.

LeoTex 

Same for me, I have reported this and the tech people have bandaided so we can access but they are still working on stuff in the background. 

3 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Mobile site still isn't working as of 10.35 am.

Tapatalk is okd530ddd8298e568d2baee9bbd7832b2c.jpg

I was having the same problem the last 24 or so hrs, I use Safari on iPad. 

I cleared all site data / cookies from Safari in iPad Settings and then logged in again, that solved the problem. Site is working as per normal. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

It is the indexing of posts which is causing some issues such as this, unfortunately it is a very log process and we will have to perceiver for a while yet about a week or ten days maybe. When that is complete and the forum is stable we will trouble shoot any small problems. 

Thanks Harry and to all working in background.

Appreciate all your efforts.

cheers

• Like 1

Notifications.mp3.

I don't want to download anything from the site but it tries to do it, every single page.

So making the site kind of unusable.

hmmmm this is a new one to us and first time report. Certainly not seeing it here

Could you take a screenshot next time this happens? Its hard to know as we are not seeing the same thing.

I would also suggest running Malwarebytes to see if you have any on your comp. Probably not but that is free software so worth a try.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

We have been suffering problems for 2 weeks,  I am sure that was just an error and a temp problem,  it would have been the index file or something.

We are working around the clock,  but invision software support have not replied since monday 10 pm,  its extremely frustrating for all of us,  i havent had good sleep for a while, it seems to go down late at night and all that we can do is keep bashing our head against the walls, we have friends who are tech guys helping me, plus a few techy mods.  I have managed to lodge a complaint with invision management, but i am unsure it will help, our support ticket is already on level 3 amongst the developers,  they say its a server issue but cant give us any clues,  the server guys say they need more info... hence why we are in a loop of the website crashing and restarting.

we suspect its a cache issue or the sitemap right now.  We have disabled tapatalk and other essential plugins to outrule everything.  We are all suffering.

2 hours ago, LaaMok said:

We have been suffering problems for 2 weeks,  I am sure that was just an error and a temp problem,  it would have been the index file or something.

We are working around the clock,  but invision software support have not replied since monday 10 pm,  its extremely frustrating for all of us,  i havent had good sleep for a while, it seems to go down late at night and all that we can do is keep bashing our head against the walls, we have friends who are tech guys helping me, plus a few techy mods.  I have managed to lodge a complaint with invision management, but i am unsure it will help, our support ticket is already on level 3 amongst the developers,  they say its a server issue but cant give us any clues,  the server guys say they need more info... hence why we are in a loop of the website crashing and restarting.

we suspect its a cache issue or the sitemap right now.  We have disabled tapatalk and other essential plugins to outrule everything.  We are all suffering.

Thanks for all the hard work you and your team are putting into this. I work IT and know how thankless of a job it can be until something breaks, and then people want you to fix it as if all I have to do is snap my fingers and the shit then miraculously works.

Keep doing what you can to resolve the issue, and when it gets fixed - it’s fixed. I’m sure I speak on behalf of many BM’s here when I say, thank you so much!  We appreciate all your hard work, it does not go overlooked. 

On 31/10/2018 at 04:28, vivid2 said:

My Tapatalk and website are now working perfectly again.

Thanks a million for all of your hard work getting the site back up and running smoothly again.

my tapatalk is NOT working :-(

4 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
9 minutes ago, oschkosch said:

Check you have the latest version, tapatalk is working for me

I have the latest update installed :-(

5 hours ago, whitespider said:

Re-reading your post we dont have any mp3 files

FWIW, I’m an experienced web dev. I’m not getting the error myself (I’m on mobile) but I’d put money on:

- it’s the notification alert sound that you get when there are new posts you follow. That does get provided by the site, or one of the site widgets  

- it’s now coming up as a “download” problem in some browsers because your server has started serving the audio file with an unknown or incorrect MIME type header.

presumably that could have happened if someone did a reset to default setting on the server, or any of the other changes you’ve been going through  

summary - easily possible to be a simple/common server side config issue. May be a little tricky to replicate if you’ve not seen it, as your local browser settings can be overridden to perform a better default operation than just “download”, depending on many possibilities.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oschkosch said:

Posted on another this thread, they have disabled tapatalk for the time being.

Edited by forcebwithu
Realized my search for the relevant post brought me back to this thread and not another one. Doh

• Ru4Real locked this topic
6 hours ago, Old Scratch said:

Notifications.mp3.

I don't want to download anything from the site but it tries to do it, every single page.

So making the site kind of unusable.

I've merged your thread with the main issue thread.

What browser are you using and on what platform?

Posted on another this thread, they have disabled tapatalk for the time being.

well.... it seems to be working now. Posting this from tapatalk on my phone! :-)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

I will turn tapatalk back on in the morning once we get through tonight,  the forum tends to screw up late at night.

The software guys seemed to have found the problem now,  had to get their manager in to resolve it. Totally unacceptable service but our hands were tied.

Works fine for me now! Thanks!!!

One small issue - the country flag is broken again for uers' countries.

A suggestion - replace it with the name of their country.

Or add that below the flag. Some of us don't know all the world flags.

7 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

I've merged your thread with the main issue thread.

What browser are you using and on what platform?

Chrome. Tried it in Firefox, too. Same issue. 

Windows 10.

Never had the issue before about a week ago.

I DO use Internet Download Manager.

But not getting issue with any other site, including sister site Philippines Addicts.

3 hours ago, Biennial said:

1 hour ago, Old Scratch said:

Chrome. Tried it in Firefox, too. Same issue. 

Windows 10.

Never had the issue before about a week ago.

I DO use Internet Download Manager.

But not getting issue with any other site, including sister site Philippines Addicts.

As mentioned elsewhere there is maintenance ongoing in the background causing most of these issues, once those tasks are complete , most issues like the one you mention will hopefully return to normal.  Not many of those small issues can be rectified till tasks like the indexing has finished and that may take some time yet, maybe 10 days at a rough guess. We just have to be patient.

I will turn tapatalk back on in the morning once we get through tonight,  the forum tends to screw up late at night.
The software guys seemed to have found the problem now,  had to get their manager in to resolve it. Totally unacceptable service but our hands were tied.
Tapatalk is working but no notifications

32 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
10 hours ago, LaaMok said:

Tapatalk is working but no notifications

I just turned it on a minute ago, because the forum didn't fuck up last night,  I am trying to move slowly because we don't want any problems. Not sure about notifications, you might have to wait as its just come back on.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Biennial said:

Flags are back, thank you

The Quote and "Reply to this topic" function in the Business Owners Forum section aren't working. Using Chrome to access PA.

Edited by forcebwithu

39 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The Quote and "Reply to this topic" function in the Business Owners Forum section aren't working. Using Chrome to access PA.

Its ok for me (using chrome)  is anyone else having this problem?