:D:rolleyes:

Emojis seem ok for some.

Edited by rhodie

10 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

Seems to be working for me.

:Agree:  

:Bravo1:     :Cross_Fingers:

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I scrolled thru the thread and didn't notice the following.

Not really a problem, but the 'views' count thing must be turned off. I notice this with several postings to a thread but the 'views' count remains at "0".

LeoTex

• 10 replies

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Cant get a page up on my laptop now , where it tells me  "  unsuported protocol "

Anyone know how to fix this  ? 

For those still having issues with the theme, emoji's etc. can you try in a private/incognito session and let us know if the issues are still evident please.

(See here for how to do so if you're not sure.)

14 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Seems to be working for me.

BUT NOT FOR EVERYBODY

I'm beginning to think that the owners of PA should sack the current guys who are trying to sort out this sites problems and get people who actually know what they are doing

• Like 2

6 hours ago, worldpunter said:

Cant get a page up on my laptop now , where it tells me  "  unsuported protocol "

Anyone know how to fix this  ? 

You mean like the following? ;)

It appears that one feature of the recent upgrade is to require a secure connection (https vs unsecure http). The browser you are using may not be capable of using that due to age, etc. Try a different browser such as Firefox, upgrading your operating system, etc.

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.pattaya-addicts.com uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Edited by CyberPro

Best site for info on its subject, but the site has been a mess tech-wise for far too long. Very annoying. Secrets site was almost non-existent for months and the redesign awful but mostly seems to be functional. Talk site is fast and with an easy to understand design, seems to work flawlessly but unfortunately has little traffic. So, we are stuck here while the powers that be sort it out. A pity they can't find an outfit that will get it running correctly and save us the constant irritation.

5 minutes ago, blix99 said:

Best site for info on its subject, but the site has been a mess tech-wise for far too long. Very annoying. Secrets site was almost non-existent for months and the redesign awful but mostly seems to be functional. Talk site is fast and with an easy to understand design, seems to work flawlessly but unfortunately has little traffic. So, we are stuck here while the powers that be sort it out. A pity they can't find an outfit that will get it running correctly and save us the constant irritation.

Hi Blix99

We actually have two of the best guys in the business helping us now. However - Invision are the sticking point as getting them to talk to our server people is difficult or at least getting them to do so in a timely fashion.

With regard to Talk - wait until they do the upgrade lol - if they do, they may choose not to.

If we had the super minimal traffic that Secrets and Talk have we would not have the current problems either as they all seem to be related to volume at the moment.

I would ask you to kindly remember that we are non profit making, you get the forum for nothing. We all have jobs to do and families to feed etc. It frustrates us as much as you, probably more given the long hours on it recently but with 'real" lives to lead we can only allocate so much time here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

1 hour ago, CyberPro said:

You mean like the following? ;)

It appears that one feature of the recent upgrade is to require a secure connection (https vs unsecure http). The browser you are using may not be capable of using that due to age, etc. Try a different browser such as Firefox, upgrading your operating system, etc.

247 Boutique,247,247);"> This site can’t provide a secure connection

247 Boutique,247,247);"> www.pattaya-addicts.com uses an unsupported protocol.

247 Boutique,247,247);"> ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I use chrome but cannot get a access on laptop  , ok on mobile phone  .

Also have tried firefox and cannot get a page up same , on laptop  

Have tried clearing cookies etc  , no PA   but all other sites i use are working well . I googled what to do / how to fix but nothing brought it back to me  :( 

12 hours ago, worldpunter said:

I use chrome but cannot get a access on laptop

What operating system are you running and can you remember when it first happened?

Mentioned in the red announcement at the top of the page but will reiterate here. If you hit an issue:

1. Check it hasn't already been reported in this thread (if it has we'll be looking into it)

2. If not reported already, be specific:
  • what where you doing
  • what did you expect to happen
  • what actually happened
  • what have you tried (e.g. have you cleared all cookies/caches or tried in an incognito window as mentioned in the post above)
  • what browser(s) have you tried
  • what operating system are you using
  • include the full error message if one shown
  • include a screenshot if relevant

Help us to help you. I have no doubt frustration levels are running high but non specific posts such as 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ

whitespider video's are still not working

And Emoji's not working

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

might make you feel good venting your frustration but are as much use as tits on a bull without background information that we can use to try and replicate the issue, particularly when it's obviously an isolated issue.

3 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

What operating system are you running and can you remember when it first happened?

i use windows  exp and it started to happen about 4 days ago   ,  thanks for your concern   ,

1 minute ago, worldpunter said:

i use windows  exp and it started to happen about 4 days ago   ,  thanks for your concern   ,

I was hoping that wasn't going to be your answer, but was expecting it.

XP has issues with some SSL as it's so out of date. I'm just heading to work at the moment but I'll let the techs know of my suspicions.

19 hours ago, blix99 said:

So, we are stuck here while the powers that be sort it out. A pity they can't find an outfit that will get it running correctly and save us the constant irritation.

PA is a free site, presumably relying upon a lot of either volunteer or part-time support.  Have you donated to the site? 

If not, what's the point of whining?  When problems exist, you're merely being deprived temporarily of a free service/website...I doubt that this site has the resources/tech support of a paid-for site. 

Why not just constructively catalog your problems with the site, without criticism of the admins or 'powers that be'?

Edited by mgthom75
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, worldpunter said:

Chrome ended support for Windows XP some time ago. Features like secure connection (ie https) don't work reliably or at all. Firefox ver 52.9.0 (32-bit) may work for you.

While the alternatives (Win7, Win10) may have obnoxious traits, eventually Windows users will have to go there. Ever consider how many internet vulnerabilities XP users may be exposed to by running old software?

Linux avoids Windows fluff but isn't for everyone. For those who like the XP look, the below may work. Good luck.

https://gizmodo.com/how-to-make-windows-10-look-like-windows-xp-1790134379

Edited by CyberPro
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, worldpunter said:

As CyberPro alluded to you really should say a fond farewell to XP, but, if you'd rather not ... a bit of a longshot given how long ago it was released (chances are you installed it already) but worth trying this XP update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48214

Bottom line, if you can't figure out a workaround and don't want to update your OS not much we can do I'm afraid.

Edit: meant to mention, the version of Firefox CyberPro mentioned can be downloaded from here. The reason he mentioned it (I'm sure he'll correct me if wrong) is Chrome and IE on XP let the operating system deal with encryption (which is why you're being blocked) whereas Firefox deals with it itself.

Edited by Ru4Real
Added FF download link
  • Like 1

A few minor issues:

1.  The link gadget that takes you from quoted text back to the original post has disappeared.

2.  The "notifications" and "messages" icons that appear at the top right of every screen have disappeared and have been placed inside a "menu" icon.

3. The "view new content" link has disappeared and has been replaced by an icon in the dark bar at the top of the screen. 

Firefox 63.0.1 on Windows 10

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Just thought I’d mention that the forum crashes if I try to look at frenchguy’s thread ‘Buy condo direct from owner...’. I’ve tried a few times and it seems to try and reload repeatedly before crashing.

No problems with any other thread.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”