Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VIP Fast Track Service at Suvarnabhumi Airport

blue1878

On 2017-5-29 at 4:03 AM, Ohyesuare said:

Anyone ever booked the service for leaving the airport? Probably not worth it I'm thinking, where they take you through security or a lounge if you've paid extra for that.

I get the Fast Track from Cathay for leaving and it's pretty quick. Same level as the check-in counters. Mostly crew and monks. Security takes a minute and you queue up for a small number of passport control booths and you're out.

I've never actually entered or left the conventional non FastTrack way in 6 trips but if it's crowded the exit is a great idea. 

I use the Cathay lounges but BFS and others I think offer lounges (not the airline ones mind you) as an option.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

I booked this service today for my upcoming trip in one week.

Will report how it all goes.

What taxi service are you using?

1 hour ago, Shaggydog67 said:

What taxi service are you using?

Meow taxi service.

On 29/05/2017 at 6:03 PM, Ohyesuare said:

Anyone ever booked the service for leaving the airport? Probably not worth it I'm thinking, where they take you through security or a lounge if you've paid extra for that.

Used it last year for departure. BFS girl showed up on time at my check in counter, walked me through VIP immigration and to the lounge. At that time they were using the Air France lounge. 

When I departed last month I had a BC ticket and the lounge MAS use is the new Miracle Lounge, from memory the Air France lounge was closed (though not 100% sure) so BFS may now also be utilising the Miracle Lounge. 

After years of watching the Thai way in customs (free for all to see who can get through the line the fastest without waiting for one's turn),

I now have the APEC card. I had to apply as an investor from the USA by showing the means and justification, then I got approved.

Saves me about 30-60 minutes coming and going.  But also adds 6 months to my life, as I usually want to C-Clamp a Thai (non)- worker most trips.

5 hours ago, Dr No said:

Used it last year for departure. BFS girl showed up on time at my check in counter, walked me through VIP immigration and to the lounge. At that time they were using the Air France lounge. 

When I departed last month I had a BC ticket and the lounge MAS use is the new Miracle Lounge, from memory the Air France lounge was closed (though not 100% sure) so BFS may now also be utilising the Miracle Lounge. 

Actually security at departure has never been bad for me so doubt I would ever spring the extra for that. Lounge passes can be bought on their own.

On May 29, 2017 at 0:11 AM, Ohyesuare said:

Or if you go to the second immigration checkpoint which many people don't know about.

Yes.  Good to know.  If the first immigration area is busy, go to the next.  

There is a reason why one (entrance by gate D6) is much busier than the other (entrance by gate D4).

The majority of international flights arrive on the E, F, G concourse side of the airport as these are all international gates.

Much fewer international flights arrive on the other A, B, C concourse side of the airport as only C-gates are international.  A and B gates are domestic.

The difference being, only 10 international gates feed into the immigration entrance by gate D4 and 24 international gates feed into the immigration entrance by D6.  

Take note of which side of the airport you are arriving at by noting gate numbers as you approach immigration.  

If you are lucky and arrive at a C-gate, DON'T GO to the second entrance without first checking the first, or you will most likely regret it.

image.jpeg

I used BFS recently, and the girl quickly guided me through the priority line and met me at the luggage carousel. Unfortunately, the bags were slow to come out, so I really didn't save any time overall. It might be worth it with just a carry-on or during high season.

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

1 hour ago, tokyojoe2010 said:

I used BFS recently, and the girl quickly guided me through the priority line and met me at the luggage carousel. Unfortunately, the bags were slow to come out, so I really didn't save any time overall. It might be worth it with just a carry-on or during high season.

Well if you arrived at the same time as a bunch of Chinese charter groups then you would be thanking Buddah that she guided you through the priority lane. But yeah I would only use it now with no checked luggage.

In my experience the old go to second immigration trick works not so much these days as the airport is running at near maximum capacity. 

On June 6, 2017 at 0:38 PM, thinkingallowed said:

In my experience the old go to second immigration trick works not so much these days as the airport is running at near maximum capacity. 

It is for that reason that your first choice should be the immigration entrance by gate D4 that serves less than half the number of international flights compared to the entrance buy gate D6.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Whalley said:

It is for that reason that your first choice should be the immigration entrance by gate D4 that serves less than half the number of international flights compared to the entrance buy gate D6.

image.jpeg

That is the old second immigration. 

1 hour ago, steveh said:

I have used Fast Track VIP for years.....the only way to go....no more long immigration lines.

Seems like many people are getting the free fast track. I always see like at least 50 guys with wheelchairs waiting in line for the passengers.

Not doubting some of the tips and info here.  And I am certainly not opposed to paying for a service as such if it truly benefits me, but not any trip do I recall it taking an excruciatingly long time to get thru customs.  Off the plane I am certainly walking quickly and using the walker accelerator things, and I have filled out my immigration card on the plane before landing.  Many times I am even thru before my bags have come out on the carousel.  Am I just lucky for my arrival times?

1 hour ago, George810 said:

Not doubting some of the tips and info here.  And I am certainly not opposed to paying for a service as such if it truly benefits me, but not any trip do I recall it taking an excruciatingly long time to get thru customs.  Off the plane I am certainly walking quickly and using the walker accelerator things, and I have filled out my immigration card on the plane before landing.  Many times I am even thru before my bags have come out on the carousel.  Am I just lucky for my arrival times?

Yeah I'd say you're lucky not to arrive the same time as any charter planes or tour groups. Going through it one time is bad enough that you'll use BFS every time after that.

Fast track service is a bit like home owners' insurance.  Most of the time you won't need it and possibly regret all the money you've spent on it, but if you house does burn down, you're sure glad you had it.

Clearly Fast Track isn't a big advantage when there aren't long queues to immigration control.  But it can and does happen that the lines become horrendous, with waits of 45 minutes or more.   That's when Fast Track is very much worth whatever it costs.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I agree, I'm always out before my bags are on the carousel. The advantage of this VIP service is if you have no luggage to pick up it seems.

i used this service last trip ,total cost with card charges  and golf buggy was £52  for me and the wife ,we got through quick BUT ,still had to wait a long time for suitcases of the merry go round 

15 hours ago, adammike said:

That is the old second immigration. 

It's not correct to refer to either as the first or second, old or new immigration.  There has always been both areas, each serving one side of the airport or the other.

The Immigration areas are fed from both sides of the airport.  If you arrive at a C-gate, the signs lead you to the immigration entrance by gate D-4 and is generally the quieter one as it is fed by much fewer international gates.

If you arrive arrive on the other side of the airport at one of the many international gates, E, F or G concourses, then the signs lead you to the Immigration entrance by gate D-6 and is usually the busier.

5 hours ago, George810 said:

Same as you, I've never experienced any lengthy delays.  But that's being mindful that there are two immigration areas.  

If one is busy, I go to the next.  So far, and usually doing 4 trips per year, I have never experienced both being busy at the same time.  So with my experience, I don't see any value in paying to fast track through immigration.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm REALLY glad I booked fasttrack today. Landed 3.30pm.

The queue at the first immigration was out to the corridor and down past the moving walkway.

The BFS lass whisked me through the Priority lane in 5 minutes.

On the way out she pointed to the second immigration area. The queues disappeared from view there as well. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 6/29/2017 at 2:19 PM, davidge said:

I'm REALLY glad I booked fasttrack today. Landed 3.30pm.

The queue at the first immigration was out to the corridor and down past the moving walkway.

The BFS lass whisked me through the Priority lane in 5 minutes.

On the way out she pointed to the second immigration area. The queues disappeared from view there as well. 

Does this service take you through faster than just having a fast lane card given with a business class ticket ? Im meaning really at the immigration queue not the cart/buggy option saving time getting there. I land at a similar time as you did and if I can be avoiding queuing I will be doing.

2 hours ago, docbunsen said:

Does this service take you through faster than just having a fast lane card given with a business class ticket ? Im meaning really at the immigration queue not the cart/buggy option saving time getting there. I land at a similar time as you did and if I can be avoiding queuing I will be doing.

Not it's the same thing pretty much.

9 hours ago, docbunsen said:

It's the same at the actual immigration desk. The slight advantage maybe of the BFS girl taking you straight to the shortest queue but otherwise same as using your Biz Priority Lane card.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived