Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VIP Fast Track Service at Suvarnabhumi Airport

blue1878

6 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Not it's the same thing pretty much.

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

It's the same at the actual immigration desk. The slight advantage maybe of the BFS girl taking you straight to the shortest queue but otherwise same as using your Biz Priority Lane card.

Ok , thanks for your replies.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i've used 2 out of my last 10 fast track cards i've given the rest away.

if you have checked hold luggage to collect it's not really going to be worth it. you end up at the baggage belt before it cranks into life and you have to wait like everybody else till your bags show up

1 hour ago, striderman said:

i think i've used 2 out of my last 10 fast track cards i've given the rest away.

if you have checked hold luggage to collect it's not really going to be worth it. you end up at the baggage belt before it cranks into life and you have to wait like everybody else till your bags show up

Yeah pretty much. But if you arrive at the same time as line jumping Chinese tour groups then you might not even reach your luggage before it's taken to lost and found like what happened to me once.

On 6/11/2017 at 5:05 AM, George810 said:

Not doubting some of the tips and info here.  And I am certainly not opposed to paying for a service as such if it truly benefits me, but not any trip do I recall it taking an excruciatingly long time to get thru customs.  Off the plane I am certainly walking quickly and using the walker accelerator things, and I have filled out my immigration card on the plane before landing.  Many times I am even thru before my bags have come out on the carousel.  Am I just lucky for my arrival times?

Seasons and arrival times are key. My trip last week had regular immigration lines about 10-15 minutes long, where fast track wasn't necessarily needed (but it came with my ticket, so I used it). Although, I've seen multiple A380's land at the same time and deplane around that same time. That's like adding 1,000 people all at once to the already busy immigration queue. I hit one of those experiences once where the queue started all the way down the ramp and wound nearly to the shopping areas. It was about 60 minutes of waiting. I would have sold family members to get ahead that day. 

My fast track last week was about 10 minutes queue and processing, and that's only because there was a family of two adults and two squirming children who won't stay still for the camera in front of me. When I hit fast track with no queue, the processing is about 5 minutes and then you're curb side. I suppose it helps that I only bring carry-on.  

• 1 month later...

last night set the stop watch going on my phone as i exited the plane at 20 20 hrs collecting my FF fast track card. stopped for a pee and then the usual trek to immigration. very quiet, no point to use fast track. more or less straight through and another stop to pick up 200 benson and hedges and onto baggage reclaim. now on 15 mins elapsed time. my 2 bags out in the first run of luggage which was lucky and off to meet my Meow sourced taxi near door 3. 17 mins as i exit an almost deserted customs. find the driver and as i climb inside the car clock reads 20 51, or 31 mins since leaving the plane. not much traffic on route and i climbed out in south pattaya at 22  25.........................almost exactly  2 hrs plane door to condo. piece of piss.

9 hours ago, striderman said:

last night set the stop watch going on my phone as i exited the plane at 20 20 hrs collecting my FF fast track card. stopped for a pee and then the usual trek to immigration. very quiet, no point to use fast track.

Same for me, of all my trips, the last one arriving late June, both of the immigration queues had lines out of the staging area, so I used the one that Korean Air gave me on the plane. Was very happy to have one. The regular immigration lines looked like it would be at least a hour or more to clear. I also gave one of my extra ones from a previous departure to a fellow passenger who was walking with me to immigrations.  

Like I said in an other topic, I get one of the Premium Fast Track passes at the ticket counter when I check in back when Delta was flying to Bangkok, now Korean Air also give me one. When I get ready to go thru immigration and there are no lines at normal entrance, I go thru there and save the pass and could use it if needed the next time I arrived  and didn't get one on the plane.  

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:08 PM, striderman said:

last night set the stop watch going on my phone as i exited the plane at 20 20 hrs collecting my FF fast track card. stopped for a pee and then the usual trek to immigration. very quiet, no point to use fast track. more or less straight through and another stop to pick up 200 benson and hedges and onto baggage reclaim. now on 15 mins elapsed time. my 2 bags out in the first run of luggage which was lucky and off to meet my Meow sourced taxi near door 3. 17 mins as i exit an almost deserted customs. find the driver and as i climb inside the car clock reads 20 51, or 31 mins since leaving the plane. not much traffic on route and i climbed out in south pattaya at 22  25.........................almost exactly  2 hrs plane door to condo. piece of piss.

Outstanding info mate, and nice job! 

I have yet to be delayed and feel the need.  Next time I will time it also. 

Might give this a go. 

Emirates is always miles from immigration, also i enter every 6 weeks and keep reading about people being stopped with too many entry stamps, maybe help at immigration, cannot hurt to give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

Just used the Bangkok fast track and couldnt be happier, you g girl waiting for me ,used the Golfbuggy and glad I did with nearly a 4 minute ride to immigration and that was going fast.

Total cost was 2,299  baht for Fast track  which included the buggy.

Far far better than walking there and lining up behind the hordes of people ,only prob was waiting 15 minute for my bag.

Being a nice guy on the way In the golf buggy I noticed an elderly man with a walking stick who had gotten off my plane, I signalled the driver to stop and asked  the old guy if he wanted a lift, without saying a word he hops in next to me.

I asked him if he was going to Pattaya , he just completely ignored me, thought he was deaf so I leaned closer and asked him again,

Instead the arrogant old arse without even looking at me Wave me a hand wave like he wasnt interested in communicating, 

I thought fuck I was good enough to stop and pick you up when I saw you struggling to walk you old prick.

I had the mind to stop the buggy and tell him to fuck off but its not in me.

When we got to the immigration I wished him a nice day, still fucking ignored me as he climbed off and hobbled off.

Anyway getting back to FAst track , its expensive but well worth it 

i think i would have kicked the ignorant bastard off.

and i would deffo have given him some shit as he climbed off near immigration

Has any BM used the Priority Lane as a Senior? I would be interested in hearing about their experiences. I note the age is 70yrs. 

Has any BM used the Priority Lane as a Senior? I would be interested in hearing about their experiences. I note the age is 70yrs. 

Yep...it's a great perk of getting old. I use it all the time; both when entering and leaving the country. I've never had more than 2 people ahead of me.

Unfortunately it doesn't get luggage out any quicker, but I use the extra time while waiting for my bags to freshen up, and change some dollars to bahts.

2 hours ago, Kendrickrio said:

Just used the Bangkok fast track and couldnt be happier, you g girl waiting for me ,used the Golfbuggy and glad I did with nearly a 4 minute ride to immigration and that was going fast.

Total cost was 2,299  baht for Fast track  which included the buggy.

Far far better than walking there and lining up behind the hordes of people ,only prob was waiting 15 minute for my bag.

Being a nice guy on the way In the golf buggy I noticed an elderly man with a walking stick who had gotten off my plane, I signalled the driver to stop and asked  the old guy if he wanted a lift, without saying a word he hops in next to me.

I asked him if he was going to Pattaya , he just completely ignored me, thought he was deaf so I leaned closer and asked him again,

Instead the arrogant old arse without even looking at me Wave me a hand wave like he wasnt interested in communicating, 

I thought fuck I was good enough to stop and pick you up when I saw you struggling to walk you old prick.

I had the mind to stop the buggy and tell him to fuck off but its not in me.

When we got to the immigration I wished him a nice day, still fucking ignored me as he climbed off and hobbled off.

Anyway getting back to FAst track , its expensive but well worth it 

I would hazard a guess he had no idea it was "your" buggy. No excuse for ignorance though.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

12 hours ago, whitespider said:

I would hazard a guess he had no idea it was "your" buggy. No excuse for ignorance though.

This is probably what happened. He probably thought it was airport courtesy for the elderly. And I agree--not an excuse for being rude. No good deed goes unpunished, ey? 

Went through VIP lane a little over a week ago. Looked over at the regular lines and they actually weren't that bad, maybe 4-5 people in queue. VIP was empty, so it was just walk up and out. Always good to have though just in case on those occasions when the lines go all the way out the hall and down the ramp. My taxi girl can't figure out how I get through so fast, as she sees the arrival board and then sees me 15 minutes later. 

I actually love VIP when leaving. Dedicated security check where I've never seen more than 2 people ahead of me, and then a short queue of always less than 5 people (in my last case, 1 person) for departure card review. 

Just now, Little Evil said:

Went through VIP lane a little over a week ago. Looked over at the regular lines and they actually weren't that bad, maybe 4-5 people in queue. VIP was empty, so it was just walk up and out. Always good to have though just in case on those occasions when the lines go all the way out the hall and down the ramp. My taxi girl can't figure out how I get through so fast, as she sees the arrival board and then sees me 15 minutes later. 

On a slight side note. I havent been through Swampy for years but when i was a regular visitor i just to walk to the (usually) empty Thai Only desks and ask politely if i could go through there. Never once refused although this was years ago, mostly Don Muang, and may well have changed.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Landed about half an hour early on 19 August (around 5 am), no major lines with max 10 people at each desk, a nice young immigration lady came across and told me to use the Thai line ... through in about 10 minutes all up from getting off the plane. Baggage another 5-10 minutes so all good.

This morning (monday) at around 7.30am there was a 15 minute line/wait at the fast track departure area. :/

On 28/08/2017 at 02:31, vivid2 said:

Yep...it's a great perk of getting old. I use it all the time; both when entering and leaving the country. I've never had more than 2 people ahead of me.

Unfortunately it doesn't get luggage out any quicker, but I use the extra time while waiting for my bags to freshen up, and change some dollars to bahts.

Have used it incoming but have been refused outgoing. Strange thing is I looked much more knackered when exiting and was also late for the gate.

Really recommend BFS for coming in. Twice recently saw queues down the ramps down to the shopping malls and this not what you want after a 12 hour flight. All Chinese, Korean and even Vietnamese tour groups.  I have never booked the buggy but sometimes they give it to you for free and the BFS girls are real cute. I actually like to walk for 10 minutes or so after being on a plane. Plus the girl always takes my hand luggage and weaves in and out of crowds like magic. Love watching that gets the juices flowing. Plus they load your luggage and wheel it through customs for you.

It's exactly the same as BIZ class except you get a Voucher. WithThai these days on Biz you just show your ticket and row number.  Somebody wrote it is like an insurance policy very good description. About 800 Baht and worth every satang. :Agree1: with others. 

My last trip in July the immigration queues were horrendous, despite picking a desk manned by 2 officers the queue next with only 1 officer moved at twice the pace although there was a a lot of problems in our queue with immigration cards not being complete, unlike previous experience of this situation "offenders" were not rejected and sent to the back of the queue . This was also despite 2 airport employees "supposedly" checking cards before you got to queue at a desk. It is the first time I have got to the carousel to find it shut off and a mass of luggage assembled awaiting collection and not for the first time the announcement on board regarding the carousel was wrong. 

I might sound a bit "disgruntled" but it never puts me off and despite delay my taxi is always waiting for me to complete the trip to the playground.

25 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

My last trip in July the immigration queues were horrendous, despite picking a desk manned by 2 officers the queue next with only 1 officer moved at twice the pace

2 officers = 1 under training

1 minute ago, striderman said:

2 officers = 1 under training

After 22 trips I would spot if one was "training", I did not mention the interaction they were having with each other that definitely did not seem like "training".

Have used it incoming but have been refused outgoing. Strange thing is I looked much more knackered when exiting and was also late for the gate.

Why were you refused??? Are you younger than 70??? Because I just used it last Friday on the way back to the USA, and I just flashed the girl my passport and said "over 70" and she allowed me to enter the priority lanes, where there was only 1 person ahead of me. She didn't even look at my passport to confirm my age.

• 4 weeks later...

More hassles and queues at Swampy and Don Mueang.  You can read about it here:  

"Airports congested again as internet crashes,  Thais battle long lines again at immigration 

(Please credit and share this article with others using this link:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/transport/1333795/airports-congested-again-as-internet-crashes. 

© Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.)"

I landed at Swampy yesterday (Sept 29) at 11.03 am and was at the Premium Lane for immigration control at 11.15 am.  The ordinary  IC feeder queue filled the "snake" but didn't spill out into the hall and many booths were in operation. From what I saw, most of the Thais "displaced" by the failed automatic kiosks were simply shifted into the queue for foreigners.

It was confused but not chaotic at the Premium Lane. Only two booths open, one with a huge line, the other with a much shorter  line.  I took the shorter line and had to show my Premium Lane card; apparently the other lane was handling some of the spillover from the failed kiosks.  There were about 15 people ahead of me, but the officer got through them quickly.  He was dressed in civilian clothes, no uniform, not even a badge or visible ID.  He seemed only to stamp the passports, I  couldn't see that he even checked them on his computer.  When I got to the counter, I was through in less than 15 seconds.  He didn't even collect my Premium Lane card.

Thanks to Priorty tags, my two suitcases were already on the baggage carousel when I went to claim them.  At Customs, the officers were  X-raying the suitcases of most passengers (Thais and other Asians) but not farang. The Customs guy just waved me through with a flick of his hand.

I got to the Bell Travel departure point on Level 1 at 11.39 am, in time for the 1200 noon bus.  It arrived at the North Station at 1.30 p.m. and I was in my condo at 2.30 p.m. Unluckily, I was the last of the six stops the shuttle bus made, three at hotels north of Pattaya Klang; two around LK Metro; finally my building.

I could have been a lot worse.  Thirty minutes from landing  to clearing Customs with luggage ranks as one of my faster times.  Fastest time ever was about 20 minutes. but that was a "best case" scenario: I had been on a Thai flight that landed at a gate almost next to Immigration Control; no queue at the Premium Lane and no luggage to collect. That time was also my record for getting back to Pattaya; I had booked car service and was in my condo about one hour, forty minutes after landing.

Evil
devil.gif

23a.jpg.5ad858f3d3b9bf18e5933a3f52acdd52.jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

On 9/7/2017 at 08:11, vivid2 said:

Why were you refused??? Are you younger than 70??? Because I just used it last Friday on the way back to the USA, and I just flashed the girl my passport and said "over 70" and she allowed me to enter the priority lanes, where there was only 1 person ahead of me. She didn't even look at my passport to confirm my age.

Maybe you look more like 90. LOL.

Archived