Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VT6 vs The Base

sjoberg

On 2/17/2017 at 10:24 AM, davidge said:

Here are a few agents who rent condos in VT6:

http://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com

http://dancewatchers.com

http://www.vtsix.com

http://condo6.com

When I went in to look at condos for my stay next July prices varied between the 34000 and 42000 a month which was more than I'm prepared to pay.

Thank you for thr links above.

Very useful. 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the wifi internet arrangements for condos in VT6 please, such as those marketed by Honey and Dancewatchers?

Do condos have to have their own private router and wifi, like in The Base where there's no building-wide wifi, so you've got to look out for that in the listing, or is building-wide wifi available please?  How strong and consistent is any building-wide wifi?  Any tips for condo choice, or methods to get a better wifi connection?

What are the wifi internet arrangements for condos in VT6 please, such as those marketed by Honey and Dancewatchers?
Do condos have to have their own private router and wifi, like in The Base where there's no building-wide wifi, so you've got to look out for that in the listing, or is building-wide wifi available please?  How strong and consistent is any building-wide wifi?  Any tips for condo choice, or methods to get a better wifi connection?

There is no building WiFi in VT6. Each room need to have its own wifi.

All Honey's condos I have stayed in have had a DSL (?) modem and wifi router combined in one box.

10 hours ago, SirL said:

My two condos, that DW manages in VT6, both have 3BB/DSL to the room/condo. Private router/WIFI.

And in five years, very few outages with speeds running around 10/2. Nearly as good (if not better) than my cable Internet in USA.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news! Honey's has upgraded the DSL in their VT6 apartments. (I think she said in all of them.)

The new service is 30/10 Mbit/s (from TOT):

6262230958.png

2 hours ago, strawberrypi said:

Great news! Honey's has upgraded the DSL in their VT6 apartments. (I think she said in all of them.)

The new service is 30/10 Mbit/s (from TOT):

6262230958.png

Now let's hope she is upgrading the bed sheets too. Last time I rented from her the quality was all over the place. From high quality to polyester with burnholes. Since then I stick with Dancewatcher.

Now let's hope she is upgrading the bed sheets too. Last time I rented from her the quality was all over the place. From high quality to polyester with burnholes. Since then I stick with Dancewatcher.

Yes, sheets and towels are usually good in low season, but in high season they can be very bad. I guess she does not have enough supply.

On 2/17/2017 at 1:15 AM, sjoberg said:

Hi

In march - April i will do my first "long time" stay in Pattaya for 3 weeks 

Have looked at the condos at both VT6 and The Base and like both, but condos are bigger and have better view at VT6 also the staff were more helpful and service minded

VT6 are much more expensive if you book via the VT6 service desk compared to The Base

Everything is included in the price however, water  ,power, cleaning, and new bed clothing.

Anyone that have stayed at both places and can tell me about their experiences about both places?

Maybe anyone have contacts with someone that rent out a condo at VT6 with south view for better price than their own service desk do?

Sorry for my  bad english

Thanks for any help

Sven

No doubt you have been and gone so it's a bit late for me to make this comment: there are other options in town, unless you want to be really high up and central.

If you are looking for somewhere very central and convenient but don't need high rise, there are, for example, all the developments in Soi 15 - Avenue Residence, Urban and City Garden.

Just want to tell so you dont think I am "ignorant", my trip turned out to be a "disaster" when I arrived in Pattaya I got message I needed to go  back home directly so had to buy ticket and went back home directly. Never tried VT6 as planned.Hope to do so next trip

Thanks for all the tips 

5 minutes ago, bestmate said:

I understand there is no in room safe at the Base condos?

It might be up to the owner. In each picture of Base condos I looked at, I saw a room safe.

For those that have stayed at the Base, what does a monthly water and electric bill come up to? 

2 minutes ago, hioctane said:

For those that have stayed at the Base, what does a monthly water and electric bill come up to? 

Depends on your arrangement with the owner.  In my case, zero.

Like most of the other big developments, you can't really generalise on these kind of arrangements.  It depends on what arrangements the owner suggests and you accept.  You have to look at the individual condo.

Some individual condos will have wifi installed, some will have safes, some will have that great view but not others, you've just got to look at that specific condo.

3 minutes ago, SirL said:

Depends on your arrangement with the owner.  In my case, zero.

Like most of the other big developments, you can't really generalise on these kind of arrangements.  It depends on what arrangements the owner suggests and you accept.  You have to look at the individual condo.

Some individual condos will have wifi installed, some will have safes, some will have that great view but not others, you've just got to look at that specific condo.

I am looking on https://www.rentalfortheholidays.com and they all say "pay per used" (at least all the ones I looked at).

11 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I am looking on https://www.rentalfortheholidays.com and they all say "pay per used" (at least all the ones I looked at).

There are loads of agents, rental for the holidays is owned by the developer Sansiri has has a reputation of being highly priced and awkward on check out.  I'd suggest a different agent.  I used AirBnB for my Base condo.

Please note ID: 62 on http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/313203-condos-studio-vs-1-bed/?page=3

Please also read http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/295779-has-anyone-stayed-at-the-base-central-pattaya/#comment-3629605  for more details on The Base

21 minutes ago, SirL said:

There are loads of agents, rental for the holidays is owned by the developer Sansiri has has a reputation of being highly priced and awkward on check out.  I'd suggest a different agent.  I used AirBnB for my Base condo.

Please note ID: 62 on http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/313203-condos-studio-vs-1-bed/?page=3

Please also read http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/295779-has-anyone-stayed-at-the-base-central-pattaya/#comment-3629605  for more details on The Base

I like the location of the Base. Where else do you suggest I look... online... I would like to get it settled before I arrive. AirBNB looks way more expensive than rentalfortheholidays AND you have to factor in AirBNB fees.

34 minutes ago, hioctane said:

AirBNB looks way more expensive than rentalfortheholidays AND you have to factor in AirBNB fees.

Really???  That would be very surprising, but if true then go for RFTH, there won't be much cheaper than that.  IME AirBnB is the most price-competitive (ie lowest price) way to book.  

If you want wifi, you must book a condo with wifi privately installed, there are plenty of them.  If you want a safe, choose one with a safe.  Personally I don't think a safe in The Base is so important, it's a fairly secure block and I was happy to have valuables just locked in my suitcase even with a girl around.  Personally I'd only book a high floor with an outwards southward view, but I guess others prefer different.

I liked The Base and would book it again if the cheap condo I had before was available - the size of the condo was not a problem for me for a couple of months - I would repeat book.  But it was an outlier cheap price and I'm not surprised it's now booked a year in advance.  Without that exact condo, given the prices of the different options, I agree with the writer above who wrote "If you are looking for somewhere very central and convenient but don't need high rise, there are, for example, all the developments in Soi 15 - Avenue Residence, Urban and City Garden."  VT6?  Well I had a good look through the Honey and Dancewatcher inventory and it all looked much more expensive and poor value.  I guess some guys are just in P for a week and pay up, but there was nothing in VT6 that even made it to my shortlist to look at in close detail, even bearing in mind that Honey appears to offer 45% off for bookings of more than a month, which is where I'm at.

Really???  That would be very surprising, but if true then go for RFTH, there won't be much cheaper than that.  IME AirBnB is the most price-competitive (ie lowest price) way to book.  
If you want wifi, you must book a condo with wifi privately installed, there are plenty of them.  If you want a safe, choose one with a safe.  Personally I don't think a safe in The Base is so important, it's a fairly secure block and I was happy to have valuables just locked in my suitcase even with a girl around.  Personally I'd only book a high floor with an outwards southward view, but I guess others prefer different.
I liked The Base and would book it again if the cheap condo I had before was available - the size of the condo was not a problem for me for a couple of months - I would repeat book.  But it was an outlier cheap price and I'm not surprised it's now booked a year in advance.  Without that exact condo, given the prices of the different options, I agree with the writer above who wrote "If you are looking for somewhere very central and convenient but don't need high rise, there are, for example, all the developments in Soi 15 - Avenue Residence, Urban and City Garden."  VT6?  Well I had a good look through the Honey and Dancewatcher inventory and it all looked much more expensive and poor value.  I guess some guys are just in P for a week and pay up, but there was nothing in VT6 that even made it to my shortlist to look at in close detail, even bearing in mind that Honey appears to offer 45% off for bookings of more than a month, which is where I'm at.

AirBnB has a few condos in the 26k-35k range. RFTH had plenty of condos in the 20k range. These are for monthlies with utilities extra.

I looked at VT6 in the past. Way too expensive for me.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, hioctane said:

AirBnB has a few condos in the 26k-35k range. RFTH had plenty of condos in the 20k range. These are for monthlies with utilities extra.

I looked at VT6 in the past. Way too expensive for me.

The AirBnB condo I had on my last trip in The Base (high floor, southwards view, private wifi) cost at the rate of B18k/month for bookings of more than a month.  Sadly now booked solid for the next year - that is a cheap price.

Best of luck with whatever you find, you've just got to do the internet hunting around.  My personal choice for my next trip is one of the low-rise blocks on Soi 15, which has no view but is larger, cheaper, closer to WS and seems to have better furniture.

VT6 location cant be beat........shopping and restaurants and bar areas right there.   that would be my choice

6 hours ago, just hanging said:

VT6 location cant be beat........shopping and restaurants and bar areas right there.   that would be my choice

Yes I agree the VT6 location is very difficult to beat.  Personally I'd prefer VT6 to be located a little further south, so that the walk to WS was a little shorter.  That the Avenue residence is a little closer to WS counts as a plus point for it for me.  I walk everywhere in P, except up to Soi 6.

The reason not to go for VT6 is all about the price - the Honey and Dancewatchers condos are so much more expensive than the other condo competition that nothing in VT6 made it to my short list.  But for guys just in P for say a week who have money to blow - don't hold back, get onto Honey now.

The AirBnB condo I had on my last trip in The Base (high floor, southwards view, private wifi) cost at the rate of B18k/month for bookings of more than a month.  Sadly now booked solid for the next year - that is a cheap price.
Best of luck with whatever you find, you've just got to do the internet hunting around.  My personal choice for my next trip is one of the low-rise blocks on soi 15, which has no view but is larger, cheaper, closer to WS and seems to have better furniture.

I thinks the furniture depends on the owner. Have you looked on RFTH lately? There are many in the 15-18k range. I haven't started contacting owners yet so I don't know if they are available. The search brings them up so I assume they are but I don't know enough about RFTH.

35 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I thinks the furniture depends on the owner. Yes, certainly

Have you looked on RFTH lately? No

There are many in the 15-18k range. I haven't started contacting owners yet so I don't know if they are available. The search brings them up so I assume they are but I don't know enough about RFTH.  Get booking then.  Remember low internal-facing 29 m2 condos without wifi aren't (IMO) nearly as desirable as the high outwards-facing 34 m2 ones with wifi.  Personally I have no interest in the former, I wouldn't book them, and I don't even look at their price in detail.  If you read the various threads suggested you'll find some negative comment about RFTH, but I'm no expert on them, I just got a vague impression to avoid them.  I've never used or contacted RFTH and know no details of them.

Yes I agree the VT6 location is very difficult to beat.  Personally I'd prefer VT6 to be located a little further south, so that the walk to WS was a little shorter.  That the Avenue residence is a little closer to WS counts as a plus point for it for me.  I walk everywhere in P, except up to soi 6.
The reason not to go for VT6 is all about the price - the Honey and Dancewatchers condos are so much more expensive than the other condo competition that nothing in VT6 made it to my short list.  But for guys just in P for say a week who have money to blow - don't hold back, get onto Honey now.

Soi 15 is very popular with the guys i know, Urban, City Garden, now Centara, very good location also, near Buakhao, near 2nd road, Beach Road, Walking St. I saw an urban one for 1 year rent 17k which is good. VT6 is over rated

On 5/17/2017 at 10:59 AM, hioctane said:

I thinks the furniture depends on the owner. Have you looked on RFTH lately? There are many in the 15-18k range. I haven't started contacting owners yet so I don't know if they are available. The search brings them up so I assume they are but I don't know enough about RFTH.

Hey hioctane, I used RFTH for my last trip in December, they're actually on the first floor of Tower B (left one), pretty good selection of condos but some negatives. You have to pay through a K-Bank link they send you, you have to call your bank and authorize the charge before you pay through the link.  You pay half the monthly rent upfront and half when you check in.  Also, you have to leave an additional fee for a security deposit (50% of the monthly rent) which you get back in baht after you check out.  Plus if you check in late (b/t 7pm and 9am) you have to go the office, which has all the light off and knock on the door to get your keys and access card.  The RFTH agents sleep in there and you have to wake them up to check in super late, bit of an odd system.

The advantage is that they are authorized rental agency for the Base developer, they are on-site and you don't have to worry about last minute cancellations like places like Airbnb are notorious for.

Archived