IGNORED

Has Anyone Stayed at The Base Central Pattaya?

tokyojoe2010

I noticed this new development set back from 2nd road across from the Mike Shopping Mall called "The Base". It seems to be well equipped and there are flags out front advertising condos for rent. Has anyone stayed there and care to comment? Thanks.

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't stay but went to have a look last week. 

Way too expensive to rent from the agency inside the base though, which is owned by Sansiri: the same company who built the base.

Price for smallest 1 bedroom 29 sq m is 25,000/m, which does not include wifi (590) or weekly cleaning (500) or elec/water (2000).

So total cost for smallest unit is almost 30,000/m. Way too expensive!

Cutter, thanks for the reply! Yeah, 30,000B a month is high, but it's comparable to other condos in the area like VT6. I just did a quick search on AirBnB and there seem to be a number of units at The Base. It might be possible to directly negotiate a better monthly rate with a host.

It's new. Owners have paid top price for the units so are expecting very high rents.

Wait a year and all these buy to let people will have had empty units for months and the rents will start to adjust.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

A BM has three 2-bed units advertised on the forum. They look very nice units.

30000 (for 51 sqm) or 40000 (for 70 sqm) a month, long term only.

It will give you an idea of current prices.

Cutter, thanks for the reply! Yeah, 30,000B a month is high, but it's comparable to other condos in the area like VT6. I just did a quick search on AirBnB and there seem to be a number of units at The Base. It might be possible to directly negotiate a better monthly rate with a host.

Yes, absolutely try to rent directly with the owner.

I figure 15-18,000/m max is what the 1 bedrooms should rent for as they are REALLY small!

I dropped by the office today to at least get a look at the rooms. Security wouldn't let me on the property without valid ID. Once I got that, they radioed ahead to the guy down the path who walked me into the Juristic office. Unfortunately, the woman who handles rentals was busy with someone else so I took off after 30 minutes. Just found a couple threads that davidge mentioned if others are interested.

Nightly Rental at The Base Central Pattaya

Condos for rent in The Base on 2nd Road

I looked through a number of the listings for The Base on Airbnb.

Some of the owners seem to want to put people off. One says you can't check-in after 6pm and another says that you're not allowed to do any cooking in the condo unless you rent for at least a month!

davidge, I see what you mean. Still there are a number of good listings available. I just tried to check the Sansiri site for comparison and it crashes with a database error every time you run a search. Nice.

davidge, I see what you mean. Still there are a number of good listings available. I just tried to check the Sansiri site for comparison and it crashes with a database error every time you run a search. Nice.

That's happened on a couple of property sites when I've searched as well - can't remember which ones.

I looked through a number of the listings for The Base on Airbnb.

Some of the owners seem to want to put people off. One says you can't check-in after 6pm and another says that you're not allowed to do any cooking in the condo unless you rent for at least a month!

Is this for real pattaya  is empty there is NO no high season its a renters market big time.

Don't believe the bullshit look around massive amount of good deals to be had.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Here's the 'House Rules' from the one that mentions cooking:

just dont bother your neighbor, keep your voice down. For example no lound music parties in the room, chit chat is ok, if you have overnight friends keep things polite and queit. Police will come at you and fine you with big amount of bill if you make lound noises at night. watchout for stove and fire before you left the room. You will ask to leave without refund, if you cause ploblem with neighbor. Absolutly no smoking in the room.

monthly customer, electic meter will be record and collect when you check out.

Normally, if there is little use, i will not ask for electric fee but if there a huge meter run, i will have to.

So help me save the earth by turn off air condition off when you dont need it.

Wifi and water are free.

Check in is in daytime only. If you wish to check in late night you have to pickup keys at bangkok airport.

Cooking is avalible for monthly guest or on request only.

chillout.

And here's the other:

• Check-in time is 2PM - 6PM.

Basic common courtesy is expected. No loud music or TV late at night, treat the property as you would your private residence. Relax and enjoy the space. Smoking on balcony only please.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booked to spend a little more than a month in The Base at a rate of B18,000/month.  There were plenty of B18,000/m apartments available.  B18,000 of course equals B600/day, and it was possible to rent weekly at B800/day which I think looks a miles better deal if you're staying a week than any hotel in that price range.  I wanted and got a high floor in Building A (the one with the rooftop pool) with a view facing south towards WS, not towards the other building, and with wifi in the apartment itself, not just down in the lobby, as I'll be working on my laptop (probably HDMIed into the TV as a bigger screen) during the day.  I like the look of it, the roof pool, and that there is an in-house gym.  I know the apartments aren't huge, but I've carefully looked at the floorplan and I think the size is OK.  One problem is the lack of safes in almost all the apartments I looked at, but I'll just have to hide valuables when a girl is around.  I'm interested in all other views and reports about The Base.

BaseRoofPool7.jpg

BaseAptFloorPlan.jpg

18000 a month is a very good price for the location - even for a small condo.

Yes Davidge, I'm happy with how my ~5wks in Pattaya later in the year is looking!  I think there are loads of Base apartments appearing on the rental market, so prices and (crucially for me) minimum rental periods are dropping.  Having looked around for Base apartments recently, I confirm that B18,000 a month is achievable without too much trouble, as are deals for just one month.  As I wrote above, one apartment was offering weekly at B800/day, which IMO is a great deal for the kind of visitor who'd normally stay a week in a hotel.

I don't think I'm too troubled about the size of the apartment (it'll just be me apart from when a girl is around, and I travel with only a hand luggage trundly case).  The thing I'd add is an in-room safe (for when a girl is around!)

BaseApmt.jpg

I'm paying more than that in Jomtien next Christmas - though it is a bigger, very nice condo right next to the beach.

If the Base is going to be that sort of price, I'll have to consider it for future trips. VT6 was much too expensive,

Here are some B18k/m apartments in The Base.  Mine is a different one.

http://www.towncountryproperty.com/condos/central-pattaya-condo-20589.html

http://www.towncountryproperty.com/condos/central-pattaya-condo-20530.html

http://www.towncountryproperty.com/condos/central-pattaya-condo-20597.html

http://www.condo6.com/?-=property&id=665

View Talay 6 seems to start at B25k/m, and I don't know if monthly/weekly is available at that kind of price.  IMO I don't need the extra size of their apartments and I fancy the roof pool of The Base, so I didn't choose VT6.  

Obviously medium-term renting (ie many months) is a different market from the usual visitor in Pattaya for several days, but if The Base is allowing short-term renters like me into that type of property at less than B1000/night I think it's a very good deal.

I'm booked to spend a little more than a month in The Base at a rate of B18,000/month.  There were plenty of B18,000/m apartments available.  B18,000 of course equals B600/day, and it was possible to rent weekly at B800/day which I think looks a miles better deal if you're staying a week than any hotel in that price range.

Hi Sirl, can you advise who to contact regarding renting a unit weekly at the Base?

If I can rent for 800/day, I will give it a try the end of this month for 10 days.

cutter, I've replied to you with details via private chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice place, Sirl. I am also interested in contact details, as I am looking to rent at the Base. Thanks.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

I have been stayin at the base for a week and like it.

I didn't think i would, but i prefer staying in a one bedroom vs a studio.

The only negatives are the kitchen counter and the balcony are too small.

I'm paying 800/night, which i think is a good price. I booked directly with the Thai owner that i found on airbnb. She's not renting it again immediately after i leave she said.

AirBnB charges your credit card in advance.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

A couple reviews I read said the wi-fi is not very good or non-existent in some rooms here, can any of you guys confirm this?  The place looks pretty nice, but wi-fi is a must for me.  Thanks---

Archived