Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Has Anyone Stayed at The Base Central Pattaya?

tokyojoe2010

mofser,

What have been your worst surprises, bad things that you didn't anticipate, about the apartment?

Is there anything interesting or notable to say about the kitchen, or is it just the boring small kitchen that it looks?

The noise from the bars were extreme when I got here and that was a huge surprise. I expected to hear some noise, but not as loud as it was. As mentioned it has become a lot better now.

The other annoying thing is the same as everywhere else in Thailand I have ever stayed. The door out to the hallway is it very thin so any noise in the hallway is heard very good inside the apartment. It can be noisy if people are moving in down the hall or if doors are closed hard. I don't understand why no one in Thailand can make a proper door, but it is a lot of things about the Thai logic I am unable to understand even after so many years of coming here :)

The kitchen is small and boring as you say, but works fine. It has two hotplates, but no oven. It is not big enough to make a five course dinner for four, but plenty for what I need. I have no complaints about the kitchen.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks mofser.

I hope it's OK me asking all these questions!  One more please?

What's the lighting like in the apartments?  Just bright lights in the centre of the ceilings?  Or little side lights on tables?  Dimmer switches?  Low lights for a "romantic" atmosphere?

I guess all the apartments have just about the same lighting in the near future.

Thanks mofser.

I hope it's OK me asking all these questions!  One more please?

What's the lighting like in the apartments?  Just bright lights in the centre of the ceilings?  Or little side lights on tables?  Dimmer switches?  Low lights for a "romantic" atmosphere?

I guess all the apartments have just about the same lighting in the near future.

No problem, ask as much as you want :)

It is downlights in all rooms. Each room with a separate light switch, but it is no dimmers or low lights. I see on AirBNB that some apartments have set up some simple LED light strips for mood lights and different colors around the apartments, but nothing like this comes default.

Hey guys, is there a recommended agent like honeys in vt6 dealing with the apartments in the base / centric sea view? Or is it best to just book via airbnb? Thanks

Jenny she handles sinsiri builders rentals for the Base and ban Plai had (wong amat)

Noppawan  Chumphang (Jenny)

Asset Management Officer | Rentalfortheholidays - Pattaya

Plus Property Company Limited

Mobile  :  092 982 0558

Email     : [email protected]

<image002.jpg>

https://www.rentalfortheholidays.com/en/apartment/thailand/pattaya/pattaya-beach/the-base-central-pattaya

http://www.sansiri.com/condominium/thebase-central-pattaya/en/#tab-id-22

i think they did a pretty rapid build job once they got the foundations in.........

sept 5 157_800x600.jpg

i took that pic sept 5th 2014, less than 2 years ago

mofser,

Is there actually a jacuzzi right next to the 3rd floor swimming pool as shown on the plans please?

BaseFl03Plan.jpg

mofser,

Is there actually a jacuzzi right next to the 3rd floor swimming pool as shown on the plans please?

No, it is no jacuzzi anywhere. It is only steps here that lets you walk into the pool. No jacuzzi at the top pool either.

"only steps here that lets you walk into the pool"

Yes, photos suggest there's a little green hedge between the sunbeds and the pool just where the 3rd floor jacuzzi was planned.  I'm not sure, but I think the plans probably show a second jacuzzi on the very top platform above the rooftop pool, which doesn't actually appear to exist.

• 2 weeks later...

Edit,

Can the base be entered by any other way than 2nd Rd?

pretty sure that is the only way in

Now a couple,people have stayed, any suggestions on which is the best area to stay.  In the past I have stayed at VT6 and know WS beach end, up high (20 or above) is my preference.  Looking for the same sort of guidance for The Base.  Which tower, what to look out for in rooms etc 

"Which tower, what to look out for in rooms etc"

See my post #31.  You'll have to decide for yourself which of these things you want, and how much more you'll pay for an apartment with the features you're after.  Some people will insist on private wifi, some will want south-facing sun and others north-facing shade etc etc.  Do you want to be in the tower with the rooftop pool?  Presumably the outwards-facing apartments rent for higher numbers than the inwards-facing ones - are you willing to pay a higher price for outwards-facing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I stayed here for just 5 nights in November 2016.

The apartment had a bedroom, living room, kitchen, WC/shower room and balcony. All very small, but fine for a short stay. I stayed in Tower A (the one with the rooftop pool) and had an outward facing view. 28th floor. Lower floors and inward facing views are cheaper. The kitchen was basic - just two cooking rings and a microwave (unused). Kettle and fridge/freezer of course.

I liked:-

• The brand new feel to the apartment. Everything is clean and fresh.
  • The view.
  • The excellent wifi.
  • The location.
  • The security. A safe in the room, Access cards that only allow residents to use the lifts and access their own floors only. Night-time visitors leave their ID with security at the entrance barriers - same as at a hotel.
  • The roof swimming pool - But, there were only six sunbeds!

I didn't like:-

• The small size of the apartment (and I don't think mine was the smallest). The bedroom barely had enough room to walk around the bed.
  • The single entrance to the complex on 2nd Road. Going to (say) Soi LK Metro, you have to go a long way in the wrong direction, and then back again along Soi Diana.
  • The TVs didn't work - not sure if the building-wide aerial system is up and running yet. Not that it bothered me much.
  • A welcome pack of tea/coffee etc would have been nice.
  • Flimsy fittings (eg shower).

I could have got an apartment for 1400THB a night, but I chose to pay 400THB more for a slightly larger (well, less small!) apartment, high up (28th floor) and outward facing. This included everything - water, electric and wifi. For a month, I was quoted 30,000THB (excluding water and elec) or 18,000 a month if booking for a whole year. Cleaning is not included in any of these costs, and is 300THB a time and is available on request.

I am staying at the Base now, rooms are small as others have said. WiFi is good in the room, although for some reason my Huawei phone won't recognize it, tablet works fine on it though.

Am on the 16th floor in tower A. Facing inwards.

Bed is hard, too hard for my liking, couch is comfortable though. Kitchen is small but usable. Balcony size is way too small, some units have a washing machine on the balcony, if you rent one of these you only have room for one chair to sit outside on.

Laundry downstairs in lobby has 4 washing machines and two dryers, both coin operated. Am here for another 5 weeks. Am still waiting for English language channels on the tv,Thai owner never looked into cable tv until the day I arrived, although I booked 3 months ago.She promised in two days time I would have tv, a week later and still waiting.

Prior to moving in here I spent a week at View Talay 6. There is no comparison IMO. View Talay shits on this place, hands down. Price works out at 1200 baht a night, all utilities included, booked via AirBNB,which is reasonable, however I won't stay here again, too small for an extended stay,back to View Talay 6 for me.

I'm currently sitting in a 35 m2 apartment in The Base, facing south with the PATTAYA sign view on a high floor.  I'm here for about the next two months, paying at the rate of B600/night, ie B18,000/month.

What the wifi is like in the room is specific to that room, ie what your owner has set up. There is no building-wide wifi, so no conclusions relevant to all apartments on wifi can be made.  My apartment has very fast AIS fibre internet, and my laptop is ethernet-plugged into the AIS wifi modem so I'm having no problems at all on internet connection speed or signal dropping.

Same for furniture, it depends upon what's in your specific apartment.

Different apartments have different size balconies.  My balcony is about 6m x 1.2m, which is IMO fine.  I'd like more furniture out on the balcony.

I'm surprised at the multiple comments that the shower fittings are flimsy.  Obviously all the apartment showers are the same, but the shower fittings seem fine to me.

I don't use the TV here as a TV at all.  The best way to get whatever English language TV channels you want is via your laptop using eg FilmOn HDi player or FreeTelly, plugged into the TV using the TV as a laptop monitor.  For instance, I've just fired up UK BBC1 projected onto the TV screen, just by opening an application on my laptop.  Darwinmonger, I can show you exactly what I mean in my apartment if you get in touch with me privately via this site's messaging.

Whether you prefer VT6 or The Base obviously depends on the price you're paying.  I'm paying a lot less than VT6 prices.

If anyone has any questions about The Base, ask away on this thread and I'll try to help.

Some good points, SirL. I am a big fan of VT6, but at 18K per month you have a good deal. Any recommended agents to use for booking? 

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

The Builders, Sansiri, rental arm has 241 listings at the base. A 29-30sqm small place usually goes for 16-22 000Baht a Month(i seen 1 as low as 13K). A 34 sqm place which is  about 25K and 2 bedroom 51sqm places are about 30-40K, 70sqm 2 bedroom condos  35-50K .Presently they list 4- 51sqm condos for 30 K a month.30 day minimum rental. looked at Airbnd a few times and prices are out of this world but then they rent daily so more like hotel prices.Some give 25-30% of the price if you rent for 30 days minimum. So not as bad.

As for Internet, Sansiri's rental office rents out internet sticks for 300 baht a Month plus the cost of a Internet Plan .The sticks work anywhere in Thailand  .

It's new. Owners have paid top price for the units so are expecting very high rents.

Wait a year and all these buy to let people will have had empty units for months and the rents will start to adjust.

I own a condo in there, very nice inside and it's all that you would expect from a condo.received_10154006262933366.jpegreceived_10154006263088366.jpegreceived_10154006263238366.jpegreceived_10154006263293366.jpegreceived_10154006263783366.jpegreceived_10154006263943366.jpegreceived_10154006264153366.jpeg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I think different individual's judgements on whether it's a good place to stay are critically dependent on what they are paying, and so the comparative other accomodation options in that price bracket.  At B600/night, what I'm paying, near soi Diana the comparatives are not attractive so The Base looks a great choice and I'm delighted.  At some price two or three times greater than that, or whatever some people appear to be paying, of course the comparatives are much nicer and offer quite a challenge, and people's overall conclusion will be more mixed.

One big difference between The Base and most other places is that most places offer basically a studio layout, ie one large room + bathroom.  The Base has a four room layout, ie bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and living area.  The crucial point here is that the bedroom and the living area are separated by a wall+door, which is relevant if you have a lady sleeping long into the morning.  Consider which layout you want before booking.

The noise from the bars were extreme when I got here and that was a huge surprise. I expected to hear some noise, but not as loud as it was. As mentioned it has become a lot better now.

The other annoying thing is the same as everywhere else in Thailand I have ever stayed. The door out to the hallway is it very thin so any noise in the hallway is heard very good inside the apartment. It can be noisy if people are moving in down the hall or if doors are closed hard. I don't understand why no one in Thailand can make a proper door, but it is a lot of things about the Thai logic I am unable to understand even after so many years of coming here :)

The kitchen is small and boring as you say, but works fine. It has two hotplates, but no oven. It is not big enough to make a five course dinner for four, but plenty for what I need. I have no complaints about the kitchen.

Funny, I've never heard any noise from the bars

I'm on the soi Diana side of the building and the bars are audible but really not a problem, and besides I'm out when those bars are really rocking.  Of course the volume depends on the height of the floor you're on, and three quarters of the condos are on the other side of the building.  If you're getting ready to go out at say 7pm I think the bar noise is actually good because it creates a buzz that there's fun to be had out there, and it gives you a bit more urgency.  I say bar noise from below is not a significant problem at all.

Yes, Second Rd is the only way in, and I agree it's a little annoying to walk all the way around if you want to go to say LK Metro.

Archived