IGNORED

VT6 vs The Base

sjoberg

4 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Shouldn't be any noise or construction issues. Room looks good to me. Be aware there are extra fees though like all dancewatcher condos.

Thanks.

Is that a service/booking fee on top of the room rate? Approx what % would this normally be approx?

I figured there would be extra costs for maid services.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Sticky Fingers said:

Thanks.

Is that a service/booking fee on top of the room rate? Approx what % would this normally be approx?

I figured there would be extra costs for maid services.

They'll give you a full quote when you book. There's something like 1000 for check out cleaning and laundry. Then there's a currency fee if you pay your deposit with Paypal. They also charge VAT. Maid service is extra. 

36 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

They'll give you a full quote when you book. There's something like 1000 for check out cleaning and laundry. Then there's a currency fee if you pay your deposit with Paypal. They also charge VAT. Maid service is extra. 

Thanks mate. It is going to be out of my price-range, was already stretched.

Back to looking at The Base!!

On 07/11/2017 at 17:46, Ohyesuare said:

How much is the VAT if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 28/10/2017 at 10:49, DrBig said:

All the VT6 rooms I looked at seemed to be 1.5x or 2x the price I was looking at for Base or Soi 15 rooms.  I'd agree the location of VT6 is better, but the rooms I looked at (on Honey and Dancewatchers) weren't furnished in a way that suited me, and so overall while they are a little bit better, they just didn't seem to me to be enough better to justify that higher price.  If money was no object, yes then VT6, but I can't see the value in VT6 if money isn't growing on trees.  The guys on here who are enthusiastic about VT6 never seem to have compared the prices to the Soi 15 alternatives.

I stay only at VT6 now,  and there's a lot more reasons than just the room itself. The location IMHO can't be beat. The security guys are top notch especially once they know you, professional and hassle free.  Tons of under cover parking. The pool is big enough to actually swim laps if you want. Did I mention the  location 5555

It's always, anywhere in Pattaya, going to cost a premium for staying at a beachfront Condo, VT6 is, The Base isn't.

Using Dancewatchers is totally hassle free, doesn't matter when you arrive the room is open with the keys left inside, they come around and collect payment at 11:00 the next day. Same with checkout, just leave the keys and walk out. Been using them for about 6 years now, at VT2 previously and never had a problem in about 20 times I've used them, and that's tough to say about any company.

I have no idea why you think guys that like VT6 may never have  looked elsewhere. Over the years (30 plus) I've looked and stayed at a lot of places. In regards to the Base, have looked at it and don't like the size of the rooms, prefer the 48 sqm to 32 sqm. I like cooking for myself at least one meal a day and I've yet to see a half decent kitchen in a 32 sqm shoe box in The Base. Just personal preference. Same with Centaro, Centric Sea etc etc, have looked at them, the rooms are just too small for me personally.

Value for money wise, well I don't personally think when on holidays that 25k a month at VT6 is a deal breaker compared to 15k at the base. I budget for 10k a day, so it's not a lot of difference when taken in context. Something to keep in mind, it IS possible to negotiate on some of the less popular condo's in the Dancewatchers inventory. I think it highly likely that some of the other rental agents in VT6 would negotiate as well but I haven't tried.

Cheers

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I stay only at VT6 now,  and there's a lot more reasons than just the room itself. The location IMHO can't be beat. The security guys are top notch especially once they know you, professional and hassle free.  Tons of under cover parking. The pool is big enough to actually swim laps if you want. Did I mention the  location 5555
It's always, anywhere in Pattaya, going to cost a premium for staying at a beachfront Condo, VT6 is, The Base isn't.
Using Dancewatchers is totally hassle free, doesn't matter when you arrive the room is open with the keys left inside, they come around and collect payment at 11:00 the next day. Same with checkout, just leave the keys and walk out. Been using them for about 6 years now, at VT2 previously and never had a problem in about 20 times I've used them, and that's tough to say about any company.
I have no idea why you think guys that like VT6 may never have  looked elsewhere. Over the years (30 plus) I've looked and stayed at a lot of places. In regards to the Base, have looked at it and don't like the size of the rooms, prefer the 48 sqm to 32 sqm. I like cooking for myself at least one meal a day and I've yet to see a half decent kitchen in a 32 sqm shoe box in The Base. Just personal preference. Same with Centaro, Centric Sea etc etc, have looked at them, the rooms are just too small for me personally.

Value for money wise, well I don't personally think when on holidays that 25k a month at VT6 is a deal breaker compared to 15k at the base. I budget for 10k a day, so it's not a lot of difference when taken in context. Something to keep in mind, it IS possible to negotiate on some of the less popular condo's in the Dancewatchers inventory. I think it highly likely that some of the other rental agents in VT6 would negotiate as well but I haven't tried.
Cheers
Cheers
Thanks. I just checked the buget rooms at VT6. Too bad they are booked for December. I will give them another look in low season well in advance.

I’m 3.5 weeks into month stay at the Base, so I’ll give my opinion on the place.  Honestly, I’m not very impressed.  I’m staying in one of the 51sqm units on the end of the building (south tower A), so my balcony looks directly down Soi 11 to the bay, and I have South Pattaya views from both bedrooms.  That’s the highlight - the view.  Also the pools are nice.  

The negatives.  Too damn many Chinese.  Too many Russians, but they aren’t as bad as the Chinese.  The building quality is subpar - I suspect this is probably normal with most condos here, but there are a lot of issues.  Also the builder supplied furnishings are cheap and poor quality.  

Also, just an FYI it will probably be worse in a couple of years congestion wise because Sansiri is tearing down the old Diana inn to put in more condos.

36 minutes ago, gdaf123 said:

// The building (The Base) quality is subpar - I suspect this is probably normal with most condos here, but there are a lot of issues.  Also the builder supplied furnishings are cheap and poor quality.  //

Funny that you wrote that, because here is what I wrote earlier this week on another forum about the fact that the IKEA project was not needed in Pattaya :

"I disagree. There are thousands of condos recently built in Pattaya area, and many of them are sold "fully furnished" with rather bad quality furniture ... So in just a few years, many owners will be happy to find an IKEA to replace their broken furniture."

It's a serious problem in many Pattaya recent condos. :unsure:

Funny that you wrote that, because here is what I wrote earlier this week on another forum about the fact that the IKEA project was not needed in Pattaya :
"I disagree. There are thousands of condos recently built in Pattaya area, and many of them are sold "fully furnished" with rather bad quality furniture ... So in just a few years, many owners will be happy to find an IKEA to replace their broken furniture."
It's a serious problem in many Pattaya recent condos. :unsure:
IKEA although common as muck in the UK is consistently good quality. When I buy a condo I plan to chuck the furniture out and buy IKEA, I assume Bangkok is the nearest

1 hour ago, gdaf123 said:

Too damn many Chinese.  Too many Russians, but they aren’t as bad as the Chinese.

Do you mean they were noisy, or just too many of them around?

IKEA although common as muck in the UK is consistently good quality. When I buy a condo I plan to chuck the furniture out and buy IKEA, I assume Bangkok is the nearest
IMO, the furniture already looks like cheap IKEA furniture. I don't mean that from the quality standpoint but IKEA=cheap. I would not furnish my place with IKEA, but then again I am too cheap to buy real furniture.. lol

Typical stereotype of a place that has too many of one type of people around.

The building quality is subpar - I suspect this is probably normal with most condos here, but there are a lot of issues.  

Please elaborate. Are you a building inspector? Is the building going to fall down and collapse? Potential fire issues?

IMO, the furniture already looks like cheap IKEA furniture. I don't mean that from the quality standpoint but IKEA=cheap. I would not furnish my place with IKEA, but then again I am too cheap to buy real furniture.. lol
Yeah you could buy some random Thai make that falls apart soon after but maybe initially looks good

If you're buying a unit in a new condo early in the project you usually have the option to buy without furniture at a lower price ( I did ).  Also you can usually just buy the shell which is without kitchen/bathroom fittings, no flooring or wall coverings at a lower price and design the interior to your specs.

Yeah you could buy some random Thai make that falls apart soon after but maybe initially looks good
I never said to buy Thai furniture.. lol.. I was referring to something like Italian furniture that costs 10x the price.

7 hours ago, Frang said:

Noisy and bad mannered (e.g. trying to cram into the elevator/lift without allow people to exit first).  I lived in mainland China for two years, and I still find their behavior appalling at times.  The Russians aren’t as bad, just a little rude and never smiling.

7 hours ago, hioctane said:

Please elaborate. Are you a building inspector? Is the building going to fall down and collapse? Potential fire issues?

I’m not a building inspector, but I am an engineer and my dad and grandad were both home builders, so I’ve been around construction a bit.  

Even disregarding that, to an untrained eye it’s obvious the general fit and finish is not great.  The joints and caulk/glue on the windows is sloppy.  There’s a corner joint in my unit that is glass to glass (I.e. no metal frame), and it looks terrible.  Some of the baseboard joints are not good.  They put in cheap laminate flooring instead of porcelain or marble tile.  There are several cracks in the walls, and the ones that have been repaired are still obvious because they did a half-ass job.  There’s major paint peeling on the exterior, even after the supposed repairs early this month.  I can’t open one of the windows because the hinge is seized up.

On 11/7/2017 at 07:26, Sticky Fingers said:

Does anyone have experience/thoughts about this condo at VT6?  In particular., any noise/construction issues that I should be aware of?

http://dancewatchers.com/vt6_13-450_luxury_sea_view_studio.html

It's not the luxury ones that some of you guys rent, but it's as much as I can afford/available for my dates.

This 48 sq m VT6 condo looks OK, I quite like the furniture, but the 46 sq m condo I'll be staying in on my next trip in the Avenue Residence is half the price.  If the Dancewatchers extras on the price add more, mine'll be less than half the price.  VT6 is worth a slightly higher price than other condos nearby, but not as big a higher price as seems to be charged.  I'm no longer a fan of The Base, but I do think VT6 is too highly priced compared to the other condos nearby.

This 48 sq m VT6 condo looks OK, I quite like the furniture, but the 46 sq m condo I'll be staying in on my next trip in the Avenue Residence is half the price.  If the Dancewatchers extras on the price add more, mine'll be less than half the price.  VT6 is worth a slightly higher price than other condos nearby, but not as big a higher price as seems to be charged.  I'm no longer a fan of The Base, but I do think VT6 is too highly priced compared to the other condos nearby.
How did you book the Avenue Residence? On the ground?

2 hours ago, hioctane said:

How did you book the Avenue Residence? On the ground?

PM sent.

On 08/11/2017 at 15:09, Evilfriar said:

How much is the VAT if you don't mind me asking?

VAT here is 7%.

3 hours ago, SirL said:

Thanks. I ended up booking a condo at The Base. Yes, I am aware of all its limitations (mentally prepared for them!), but it is just for 7 nights.

I've stayed in a lot of generic guesthouses in Pattaya over the years, surely this will be a step up!! For 1200 B per night (inclusive of everything) that's okay with me for an apartment on L22.

3 hours ago, Sticky Fingers said:

Thanks. I ended up booking a condo at The Base. Yes, I am aware of all its limitations (mentally prepared for them!), but it is just for 7 nights.

I've stayed in a lot of generic guesthouses in Pattaya over the years, surely this will be a step up!! For 1200 B per night (inclusive of everything) that's okay with me for an apartment on L22.

You’ll be fine.  It’s not a ‘bad’ place to stay.  My comments are really in regards to how high these condos are priced (for sale) relative to other places. The last I checked the avg list price was around 112,000 Baht/sqm which is higher than even VT6.  They are not worth it.

Archived