Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VT6 vs The Base

sjoberg

On 17/11/2017 at 11:52, KittenKong said:

VAT here is 7%.

Thanks Kitten.

in that case I'm not being charged that on my VT6 bookings for some reason. I wonder why others are saying they are?

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/11/2017 at 08:08, SirL said:

This 48 sq m VT6 condo looks OK, I quite like the furniture, but the 46 sq m condo I'll be staying in on my next trip in the Avenue Residence is half the price.  If the Dancewatchers extras on the price add more, mine'll be less than half the price.  VT6 is worth a slightly higher price than other condos nearby, but not as big a higher price as seems to be charged.  I'm no longer a fan of The Base, but I do think VT6 is too highly priced compared to the other condos nearby.

I guess it just depends on what value you put on location, it's different for everyone. Plus what size room you are happier with.

Cheers

On 11/7/2017 at 17:26, Sticky Fingers said:

Does anyone have experience/thoughts about this condo at VT6?  In particular., any noise/construction issues that I should be aware of?

http://dancewatchers.com/vt6_13-450_luxury_sea_view_studio.html

It's not the luxury ones that some of you guys rent, but it's as much as I can afford/available for my dates.

I have stayed in this apartment.

I had no issues with it.

It faces south towards WS so while you get the sun you do not get Central Festival/Hilton noise.

Construction next door has been threatening for over 18 months or more and still has not happened.

BTW: Booked in to VT6 for a couple weeks from the 27th Nov.

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

6 hours ago, Evilfriar said:

I guess it just depends on what value you put on location, it's different for everyone. Plus what size room you are happier with.

Cheers

Absolutely, perfectly fair comment.  We all attach different values to things like location and view.

Personally I'd reckon that permanent expats, who I'd expect to be going at a slower pace, spending more time around their condos admiring the view, would think views and size of condo was more important than visitors, who'll probably spend more time outside their condo, but of course it's a personal thing.

19 hours ago, Evilfriar said:

in that case I'm not being charged that on my VT6 bookings for some reason. I wonder why others are saying they are?

In my experience small Thai agencies/companies rarely apply VAT. Farang-run ones are more likely to though.

VAT seems to be an optional tax here. Or maybe it is included but not specified. Just one of those Thai economic mysteries.

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

In my experience small Thai agencies/companies rarely apply VAT. Farang-run ones are more likely to though.

VAT seems to be an optional tax here. Or maybe it is included but not specified. Just one of those Thai economic mysteries.

Companies with an annual turnover below a certain amount (1.8 million baht I think) don’t have to register for VAT. There is a voluntary option for those that wish to do so.

You probably remember the fuss on here when Dancewatchers were told they had to register & suddenly added VAT to all bookings.

In terms of renting condos, agents who are VAT registered should only charge VAT on their commission not on the entire rent as the main part of the rent charged is actually income for the condo owner. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

20 minutes ago, davidge said:

Companies with an annual turnover below a certain amount (1.8 million baht I think) don’t have to register for VAT. There is a voluntary option for those that wish to do so.

You probably remember the fuss on here when Dancewatchers were told they had to register & suddenly added VAT to all bookings.

In terms of renting condos, agents who are VAT registered should only charge VAT on their commission not on the entire rent as the main part of the rent charged is actually income for the condo owner. 

Ok, thanks for explaining that. That would explain them charging me an extra 260 baht on a 23,000 baht booking. Not a deal breaker, a measly 260 baht in VAT.

Cheers

• 4 months later...

To those living at The Base -- how much you pay for utilities per month (average)?

Is it true that utilities (water, electricity) is included in rent price at VT6? 

I paid about 3k (including internet). Internet is usually additional or none at all at the Base. You need to confirm. I paid about 600 baht. Of course I don't leave my AC on all day. It might add another 1k if you do.

I believe it is an all inclusive price at VT6.

1 hour ago, madhat said:

To those living at The Base -- how much you pay for utilities per month (average)?

Is it true that utilities (water, electricity) is included in rent price at VT6? 

VT6 renting via Dancewatchers, monthly rental you pay for utilities. Internet in room is free. A big plus for me personally is the dedicated router in every DW room. Always been very good internet.

Less than a month and utilities are included in price.

No idea about the Base or other agencies in VT6, would assume they are all the same.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Evilfriar said:

No idea about The Base or other agencies in VT6, would assume they are all the same.

Both these places are condo buildings, not hotels or serviced apartments. That means that there are no standard prices and every unit can have its own rules and prices depending on the owner.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Both these places are condo buildings, not hotels or serviced apartments. That means that there are no standard prices and every unit can have its own rules and prices depending on the owner.

That's why I said assume "agencies" are the same, wasn't referring to individual units.

Cheers

12 hours ago, Evilfriar said:

That's why I said assume "agencies" are the same, wasn't referring to individual units.

You can only assume that one agency will be consistent with itself, though even then I know agencies that apply different rules for different owners.

You certainly cant assume that all agencies will apply identical or even similar rules as those applied by other agencies in the same building. Quite the opposite in fact.

Anyone wanting consistency should rent in a hotel or serviced apartment, not in a condo building.

12 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

You can only assume that one agency will be consistent with itself, though even then I know agencies that apply different rules for different owners.

You certainly cant assume that all agencies will apply identical or even similar rules as those applied by other agencies in the same building. Quite the opposite in fact.

Anyone wanting consistency should rent in a hotel or serviced apartment, not in a condo building.

Fair enough, I'll amend my response then 5555

The 3 agencies I've either used or enquired at, Dancewatchers, Viewtalay6 and Honeys all include utilities if renting under a month. Month or longer renter pays for water and elec.

Cheers

On ‎29‎.‎3‎.‎2018 at 20:46, madhat said:

Stayed for a month at The Base. Water and electric was 2200tbh. I often forgot the AC on when I left. Usually kept it ~25 degrees. WiFi was included, but it was not good enough. I used my unlimited data plan. 

On 4/4/2018 at 16:00, TimmyBB said:

Stayed for a month at The Base. Water and electric was 2200tbh. I often forgot the AC on when I left. Usually kept it ~25 degrees. WiFi was included, but it was not good enough. I used my unlimited data plan. 

just curious (if not secret), how much did you pay for a month and how you liked the room (assuming it's a studio) and the base overall?

Dancewatchers assisted me well last year for a great one bedroom condo for 23 days at VT6 and the price was all inclusive including electricity, internet and cleaning,  Will be staying there for 30 days beginning in a little over a week and, again, one all inclusive price.  I like it that way as I can use the AC to my hearts Desire and not worry about any added expenses.  

just curious (if not secret), how much did you pay for a month and how you liked the room (assuming it's a studio) and the base overall?
The price starts at 18,000 and up. Building A tend to be more expensive than Building B. Higher floors more expensive than lower floors. The rooms with balconies (35 sqm) go for around 25,000. Everything seems to be new. Limited lounge chairs on the rooftop infinity pool and it gets pretty busy. The facilities is nice, but I like a bigger pool.

thanks for the info, would be nice to know the prices for VT6 condo mentioned above as well...

as for The Base, honestly I was hoping for about 15,000 a month as I sometimes see condos for rent for as low as 13,000/month on RFH website (long term though)... Hopefully there's no trick there...

9 minutes ago, madhat said:

thanks for the info, would be nice to know the prices for VT6 condo mentioned above as well...

as for The Base, honestly I was hoping for about 15,000 a month as I sometimes see condos for rent for as low as 13,000/month on RFH website (long term though)... Hopefully there's no trick there...

Just check their websites, Dancewatchers, Honey's or there's at least 2 or 3 others that rent in VT6. They all include prices.

Cheers

6 hours ago, madhat said:

just curious (if not secret), how much did you pay for a month and how you liked the room (assuming it's a studio) and The Base overall?

I don't think The Base has studios. Smallest and most are ~30sqm 1 br apartments with balconies. I paid 20,000thb. At the time lowest prices were 14.000, but I wanted to pay extra 6000tbh for high floor and nice sea view. I stayed only 1 month. Booked through https://www.rentalfortheholidays.com

You can search from that site, but the search engine seems bit clitchy when trying to sort the apartments. If you plan to rent for a longer term, say 6 months, I'd assume you'd be able to negotiate the price down.

Some opinions about The Base: 

On 4/8/2018 at 09:59, madhat said:

I have stayed at both.  If you're hoping for 15,000/mth at The Base(not probable) you're not going to like the prices at VT6.  The least I paid at VT6 was 25,000 for low floor, bleakly furnished room.(last minute at high season)  At VT6, there are no standard furnishing packages like at The Base, so evaluate each room individually.  The average studio at VT6 is almost 50 sqm and 1 bdrm at The Base 30 sqm.  Most rooms at The Base don't have in room internet, however many do have washing machines.  Locations of both excellent.  There is construction at The Base currently and at some point will be massive construction beside VT6.

No trick at RFH website, the trick is finding a room at the right price which puts you high enough from excessive noise(especially Soi Diana side) and internet if important.  Their calendar is only a guideline as they still must contact the owner to ensure dates.  Realistically, 18,000-20,000 is your bottom end pricing.  Zero issues with honest dealings with RFH or for that matter Dancewatchers and Honey's.  Where-ever you stay know what utility costs per unit are going to be.  And don't expect normal market forces at play(TIT) you must do your due diligence. 

7 hours ago, dirkdeee said:

There is construction at The Base currently and at some point will be massive construction beside VT6.

Actually destruction as the old hotel that was located on the corner of 2nd Rd and Soi Diana has now been completely leveled.  They are currently clearing up the debris and hauling it away.  Once they start the foundation work it will be extremely noisy for awhile.  Was told that the new build will be by the same developer that built the Base.

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 21:08, SirL said:

This 48 sq m VT6 condo looks OK, I quite like the furniture, but the 46 sq m condo I'll be staying in on my next trip in the Avenue Residence is half the price.  If the Dancewatchers extras on the price add more, mine'll be less than half the price.  VT6 is worth a slightly higher price than other condos nearby, but not as big a higher price as seems to be charged.  I'm no longer a fan of The Base, but I do think VT6 is too highly priced compared to the other condos nearby.

SirL, how do you book your room at the Avenue, is there a specific website that lets you view rooms available along with prices?

Archived