IGNORED

Swansea City Thread

Lloydies

Fixtures (subject to TV games in July):

Middlesbrough v Swansea City – Saturday, June 20 (3pm)

Swansea City v Luton Town – Saturday, June 27 (3pm)

Millwall v Swansea City – Tuesday, June 30 (5pm) Live on Sky

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday – Saturday, July 4 (3pm)

Birmingham City v Swansea City – Tuesday, July 7 (7.45pm)

Swansea City v Leeds United – Saturday, July 11 (3pm)

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City – Tuesday, July 14 (7.45pm)

Swansea City v Bristol City – Saturday, July 18 (3pm)

Reading v Swansea City – Wednesday, July 22 (tbc)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

49BE0352-6724-4A21-85C0-458733A6A1A4.jpeg

The club are giving season ticket holders various options to take account of the rest of the season being played behind closed doors:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-confirm-season-ticket-refund-options-2019-20

Partial refund

or free streaming of remaining games plus club shop discount plus half price Season Ticket next year IF promoted

or a bag of ‘goodies’ including merchandise/offers/discounts plus the same 2 extras as in second option.

Swansea City legend Leon Britton has stepped down from his role as Sporting Director to sample some time out of a game that has dominated his life for the last 30 years.

Britton, 37, was initially appointed as Advisor to the Board by the then new chairman Trevor Birch after announcing his retirement as a player in May 2018 with 536 appearances to his name over a 16-year period with the Swans.

The former midfielder played a role alongside Alan Curtis supporting Birch in appointing Steve Cooper as head coach and Andy Scott as head of recruitment before being promoted to the club’s first Sporting Director in September 2019 as the club continued its rebuilding process following relegation from the Premier League.

“I’m obviously disappointed to leave,’’ confirmed Britton. “But the time is right for me to take a break, spend some quality time with my family and enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a ‘normal’ life.

“From the time I joined Chelsea as an eight-year-old, moved to Arsenal at nine and became a full-time apprentice with West Ham at 16, football has dominated my life. 

“I was always going to take some time out when I finished playing, but Trevor (Birch) asked me to help him in his restructure of the football side of the club when he arrived; a task that escalated following the departure of Graham Potter to Brighton.

“I said I would help because I love the club, always will, but it was always my intention to step back once things had settled down, which it has following the arrival of Steve (Cooper) and Andy (Scott).

“I’ve enjoyed the role and it has given me a real insight into how a football club operates behind the scenes. It’s been a great experience and I’ve learnt a lot from Trevor and Andy; they’ve been a massive help, together with Steve (Cooper) and I would like to thank them for the opportunity

“But the job is 24/7, all-consuming, and now is the time I have to keep the promise to myself and my family to take a break from the game after nearly 30 years.

“I will keep in touch with the club and help wherever I can because the Swans and the fans mean everything to me. I really hope it’s not the end of my close relationship with the club and I can come back in some capacity sometime in the future.’’

“We are all sorry to see Leon relinquish his role,’’ explained Birch. “He has made a huge contribution in helping to restructure and drive the football operation forward.

“While he always wanted to take a break from the game, he didn’t hesitate in agreeing to my request to help out when we needed his knowledge, intelligence and passion for the club. I was hoping he may have changed his mind over the lockdown period, but he is focussed on taking a break from the game and we must respect that.

“He has really impressed me over the last 18 months and is respected by everyone at the club. He is an icon of the club who typifies what Swansea City is all about and I’m sure his relationship with the club is not over. The door will always be open for him.’’

Everyone at Swansea City would like to thank Leon for his hard work and wish him well for the future.

Excellent start today after the enforced break. Gives hope we can still edge into the play-offs - though I think Boro are one of the 2 worst teams (with Hull) in the Championship at the moment.

Very tight play-off race that is likely to go to the wire. Looking forward to Luton at the Liberty next weekend.

I watched Swans v Luton on Swans TV livestream.

Sadly, yet another tepid home performance. We didn’t deserve to win the game but maybe could have got a point. The red card didn’t make a huge amount of difference.

Realistically, that ends our play-off hopes. It may only be 4 points away but there’s just too many teams above us to expect all of them to lose more points than us. 

Yes disappointed with the result today
what makes it worse is Cardiff Beating Preston too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think the lads today should be bloody ashamed of themselves,  so much was expected after last week, no passion, no commitment, if a team from the bottom want a kick start to their season, come to the liberty, swans will give it to you!!

It ended up being a good day for Cardiff :Anger::Hair_Out1::Cry3:

Tuesday’s game at Millwall is live on Sky so won’t be shown on Swans TV.

I hope the season doesn’t just fizzle out for us. Not the best run in but less than top 10 would be a real disappointment.

Swansea City have released winger Jefferson Montero and striker Courtney Baker-Richardson.

Swansea City have offered first professional deals to six members of the club’s academy.

Ali Al-Hamadi, Ryan Bevan, Bradley Gibbings, Jacob Jones, Lewis Webb and Jake Thomas have all been offered 12-month professional deals following their performances for the under-18 and under-23 sides in recent seasons.

Defender Cameron Evans, winger Mason Jones-Thomas and midfielder Daniel Williams have signed short-term extensions through to August 4.

In addition, 11 players have been offered scholarship terms. 

Adrian Akinde and Harry Jones are set to join - subject to international clearance - after stints at Chelsea and Arsenal respectively.

Ryan Bassett, Cameron Congreve, Ruben Davies, Joshua Edwards, Tyler Evans, Aaron Hillier, Kian Jenkins, Kai Ludvigsen and Dylan Perkins have also been presented with terms.

There will also be several players leaving the club.

Courtney Baker-Richardson and Jefferson Montero have seen their contracts come to an end and will depart the Swans.

Baker-Richardson scored four goals in 21 appearances for the Swans having joined in 2017, while Ecuador winger Montero scored twice in 84 appearances over six seasons.

In the academy ranks Cameron Berry, Kees de Boer, Keiran Evans, Arnor Gudjohnsen, Tom Price and Marc Walsh have all left the club.

Everyone at Swansea City wishes them well in their future careers.

Retained: Joel Asoro, Andre Ayew, Steven Benda, Jake Bidwell, Matthew Blake, George Byers, Ben Cabango, Rio Campbell, Bersant Celina, Oli Cooper, Brandon Cooper, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Jack Evans, Jay Fulton, Jordon Garrick, Josh Gould, Jordi Govea, Matt Grimes, Declan John, Joe Lewis, Barrie McKay, Kristoffer Peterson, Connor Roberts, Joe Rodon, Tivonge Rushesha.

Swans v Leeds has been chosen as a live Sky TV game and will now kick off at 1.30pm on Sunday 12th July.

Joe Rodon and Ben Wilmot will both miss the rest of the season through injury.

Swans v Leeds now NOT live on Sky on Sunday.
They’re showing Stoke v Birmingham instead.

A really good win against Birmingham after conceding early on. Decent performance.

3 tough games coming up; Leeds, Forest, Bristol City. 

A really good win against Birmingham after conceding early on. Decent performance.
3 tough games coming up; Leeds, Forest, Bristol City. 
Yes really Good result Hopefully we can keep the Postive momentum going but YES a tough few games to come but fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A goal by Pablo Hernandez in the 89th minute condemned us to defeat against Leeds.

The first half was pretty even with lots of niggly fouls. One good chance for Bamford saved by our keeper.

Leeds brought on 2 subs at half time changed their formation. They were on top for most of the second half but our players worked very hard and stayed in the game. An even better chance for Bamford again saved by Woodman.

We were starting to look tired in the last 10 minutes (maybe could have made more changes?) and Leeds broke down the right before Hernandez half-scuffed his shot into the corner.

We stay 7th and will have to try to pick ourselves up before another tough game at Forest on Wednesday.

Swansea City on loan goalkeeper Freddie Woodman will miss the last three games of the season with a hip injury.

2-2 against Forest. Ahead twice, let them back in. Tough game. Pretty even. Could have won it. Red card Naughton.

Little chance of play-offs now. Need other results to go our way.

Extremely hard fought win against Bristol City. The players really battled. 
Unfortunately, Cardiff had a comfortable win at Middlesbrough to leave us in 7th.

Hopes of the play-offs still alive - just. We need to win at Reading and hope Cardiff lose at home to Hull - unlikely, though Hull will need a win to have any chance of staying up.

Only other chance is for Forest to lose to Barnsley and Stoke in their last games and we have a 7 goal turnaround in goal difference.

Swans blew it losing to Luton at home IMO...

You Are so Correct BigLicks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Although its a Swansea thread West Brom certainly dodged a bullet yesterday, although i never thought Brentford winning at stoke was as nailed on as some were thinking, although they`ve been near the bottom all season Stoke are real jekyll and Hyde!

1 hour ago, vimto66 said:

Although its a Swansea thread West Brom certainly dodged a bullet yesterday, although i never thought Brentford winning at stoke was as nailed on as some were thinking, although they`ve been near the bottom all season Stoke are real jekyll and Hyde!

Huddersfield sacked the Cowleys! :Dunno1: