Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Swansea City Thread

Lloydies

41 minutes ago, davidge said:

Huddersfield sacked the Cowleys! :Dunno1:

Very surprising, so much rumour and speculation lately, we`ll barely know a fraction of what goes on behind closed doors at our clubs.

The Cowleys were brought in by the current chairman with a remit to keep us up and then do their own thing next season, sounds like they have someone lined up as no other applicants are being considered...allegedly!

Edited by vimto66

Barnsley beat Forest with a 93rd minute goal so the Swans can still catch Forest.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Barnsley beat Forest with a 93rd minute goal so the Swans can still catch Forest.

Yea, but gonna have to beat Reading by a margin, can't see that...lets get above those blues and I'll be happy, Cardiff have the easier game tho..all will be decided on Wed..

68AF0DCE-866C-40CD-8B26-12270CD0A9D4.jpeg

BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

By the skin of your teeth I suppose

................................................................................................................

Who would have thunk it, Forest were 1/66 at Ko, I'm not going to make any predictions for the play-offs because as we've seen anything can happen, C'mon you Swans...YJB

Here we go.

image.jpeg

Yes going to be a Tough game
[emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ANDRE AYEW!!!!!!!!!!!

We overachieved to get into the play-offs, given the squad, but tonight was dismal. Second best all over the pitch.

6 weeks to get ready for the new season now. It’s quite likely that half the starting line-up tonight won’t be at the club. Barebones squad, with more academy products likely to be brought into the first team squad. No money to spend. We’ll sell if we get decent offers for anyone. We’re going to rely on getting four or five good loan signings in to compete next season.

Bad luck mate.

image.png

Shame for Swansea wish you had shut that big head, big mouth Franks up

Thinking about the squad for next season, if we don’t count youth/academy players that haven’t appeared for the first team yet, then:

GK - Benda*

Defence - Roberts, Bidwell, Rodon, Cabango, John*, Cooper*, Guehi(??-rumour loan from Chelsea continues)

Midfield - Grimes, Byers, Fulton, Danda, Evans*, Celina(wants to leave)

Wingers - Garrick, Peterson*, McKay*

Strikers - Cullen, Asoro*, Ayew(high wages likely to leave)

Out of contract, so could be offered new contract - Mulder, Van Der Hoorn, Naughton, Routledge, Dyer. 

Loans now ended: Woodman, Wilmot, Kalulu, Gallagher, Brewster.

* been out on loan and unclear if they will still be at club

It’s going to be a busy 6 weeks!!

16 hours ago, davidge said:

We overachieved to get into the play-offs, given the squad, but tonight was dismal. Second best all over the pitch.

6 weeks to get ready for the new season now. It’s quite likely that half the starting line-up tonight won’t be at the club. Barebones squad, with more academy products likely to be brought into the first team squad. No money to spend. We’ll sell if we get decent offers for anyone. We’re going to rely on getting four or five good loan signings in to compete next season.

You always seem very downbeat and pessimistic about the swans chances davidge, and they always seem to do ok, (this season being an example) is it a case of getting excuses in first before you do actually have a bad season.:rolleyes:

On the flip side although i wasnt expecting to challenge i was expecting better from my team this season, we`ve been poor a lot of the season with an handfull of good performances thrown in, new man in now so its gonna be interesting, maybe he can coax something out of a squad who really... to quote an old school saying....should do better.

Edited by vimto66

No Cardiff either, so no Welsh participation in the PL.

................................................................................................................

18 hours ago, vimto66 said:

You always seem very downbeat and pessimistic about the swans chances davidge, and they always seem to do ok, (this season being an example) is it a case of getting excuses in first before you do actually have a bad season.:rolleyes:

I just think I’m being realistic. I watched the side that took us up to the top division in the 1980s and I watched the side that took us up to the Premier League about ten years ago. The current side doesn’t come anywhere close to either of them.

To be fair, Cooper has fostered a good atmosphere amongst the squad and the players have tried really hard.

Financially, things are now very tough. Trevor Birch has been honest with fans since becoming Chairman and I think everyone understands how precarious things are. Even with Parachute payments & player sales of over £30m last year the club made a loss. Parachute payments fall again this year and player sales won’t be anywhere close to last year - though McBurnie’s sale will appear in this year’s accounts.

The out of contract players that are offered another year (Naughton, Routledge, maybe others) will likely see pay cuts. Routledge already took a cut in salary for the season that just finished. Quite simply, the club needs to cut millions in spending. The owners won’t put anything into the club.

OUT:

Swansea City goalkeeper Erwin Mulder has rejoined Dutch top-flight club Heerenveen on a two-year deal.

OUT:

After 4 years with the Swans, Mike der Hoorn has left the club following the end of his contract.

Wayne Routledge has extended his stay at Swansea City after putting pen to paper on a new one-year deal at the Liberty Stadium.

Not sure what to make of this, especially as local press is saying the ‘investment’ is actually loans. Wait and see I guess.

SWANSEA CITY STATEMENT | NEW INVESTMENT

4 minutes ago Club

Swansea City is pleased to announce the appointment of Jake Silverstein to the club’s Board of Directors.

Silverstein from Portland, Oregon, has today finalised a significant investment in the club which has been matched with additional funds from the entity controlled by majority shareholders Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien.

The investment is a boost to the long-term strength of the Championship club following the challenges surrounding Covid-19 and preparation for the club's third season in the Championship.

Silverstein, co-owner of MLS side Houston Dynamo and NWSL Cup winners Houston Dash, is also chairman and CEO of Stormlight Holdings, the major American-based private investment firm of the Silverstein family.

“We are pleased to welcome Jake to the Board and Swansea City Football Club,’’ confirmed co-managing owners Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien.

“Jake is a highly-respected individual, businessman and sports team investor. He has experience, knowledge and expertise across a wide range of fields which will be an asset to Swansea City. 

“We are looking forward to his contribution."

Silverstein, who has Welsh roots through his mother and has visited Swansea on a number of occasions, was excited and honoured to join the Swansea City family.

"As my love of football has grown, I have been eager to deepen my investment in the sport,’’ he said.

“I joined the Dynamo and Dash ownership in 2015 and my love for and commitment to football continues to grow.

“I am so excited to become part of a football club with such a devoted supporter culture and rich history. Jason, Steve and I share a vision for Swansea City's future trajectory, and I am thrilled to join the club.

“I love watching the Swans play. The team has developed such a distinctive and engaging style on the pitch, and I have a deep appreciation for its fan culture and the club's commitment to its supporters.

“By joining the club’s Board, it will allow me to become actively involved. It’s something I am passionate about and, as such, I will be applying a lot of focus on the football club going forward.’’

About Jake Silverstein

Stormlight Holdings makes long-term investments into fundamentally sound businesses across a wide array of assets in the United States and New Zealand. They are committed to core values and prioritise partnering with business operators, entrepreneurs and other family offices with whom they are philosophically aligned.

Silverstein, who entered university at 15 and holds a BA in theoretical mathematics and an MBA from the University of Michigan, led the family’s investment into MLS side Houston Dynamo in 2015 and serves on the MLS Board of Governors and Business Ventures Committee.  

He sits on the Vision Circle of the X-Prize Foundation, a non-profit organisation that has gifted $140million towards the search and development of industry-changing technology that brings us closer to a better, safer and more sustainable world.

He is also a director of the WJ Silverstein Family Trust which supports organisations working to improve lives with a focus on health and well-being.

Swansea City will discover their fixture list for the 2020-21 season on Friday, August 21 at 9am.

The EFL has confirmed that all Championship, League One and League Two fixtures will be announced next week with the new campaign rapidly approaching.

The league season is set to begin on the weekend of September 12, and will conclude on the weekend of May 8, 2021.

According to local press:

Swansea set to complete two signings - Freddie Woodman on a second season-long loan and ex-Bristol City captain Korey Smith on free transfer.

On 14/08/2020 at 15:47, davidge said:

According to local press:

Swansea set to complete two signings - Freddie Woodman on a second season-long loan and ex-Bristol City captain Korey Smith on free transfer.

Both now confirmed.

Also, 

Swansea City have tabled a bid for Wigan Athletic winger Jamal Lowe.

The 26-year-old scored six goals in 48 Wigan appearances last season after signing from Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee in August 2019.

Swansea have little money to play with in the transfer market, but hope Wigan's financial problems could see them secure a cut-price deal.

Lowe has been linked with several clubs after impressing in 2019-20 despite Wigan's Championship struggles.

The Harrow-born former England C international has two years to run on his Wigan contract.

He scored 30 goals in 119 appearances for Portsmouth having moved to Fratton Park from non-league Hampton & Richmond Borough.