IGNORED

Need Hotel Advice? With Bangkok Hotels... I'm here to help

Bkkguestfriendlyhotels

Hi, good of you to help guys out.

I'm arriving BKK late (11:30pm) on Nov 28, and heading to Pattaya on Nov 30.

So I'm looking for two nights in Bangkok, nothing high end necessay - will be spending my money in Pattaya!

I am not familiar with the city at all, but perhaps something close to airport or Cowboy/Nana?

Then 1 night again on Dec 18 as I fly out the next day.

stranger69,

Think that Citadines at 1,700 Baht is quite ok. 4 locations to choose from.

Tim

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bkkguestfriendlyhotels

• MikeLFC

• El-Diablo

• stanger69

stranger69,

Tim

Thanks. That Citadines Suk 23 looks about right.

Will sleep on it and perhaps book.

Hi. How about Dream in Bangkok? Good for first stay?

And also The Zign in Pattaya? Is it guest friendly? Wifi in rooms?

Dream is a great hotel. Very nice.

The Zign I think is a little too far off the track, although on the Bahtbus route. Would stick closer to town on yr first trip.

Tim

Hey Tim

I'm going to be staying in Chiang Mia from 24th dec to 28th and was wondering what you would recommend for accommodation.

One thing that i don't like about some motels is taking a shower in a bath.

I'd rather just not have the bath....

It has to be Guest Friendly and i do like them in pairs, a small extra cost is of no concern...

Cost wise it can be between 3000 to 4000 baht

Modern would be nice

Thank in advanced for helping....

stranger69,

Tim

What about the darjeeling you have recommended this hotel before

What about the darjeeling you have recommended this hotel before

Yes The Darjelling is probably the best room in Bangkok for 1,220 Baht per night. Yes breakfast is not much. Not much around the hotel. But the rooms are very nice, free wifi and 30 second walk to Sukhumvit road is great. The walk across the road to Soi Cowboy is useful.

Tim

I run a hotels website and I have offered to help answer questions from forum members regarding hotels, I have reviewed many hotels and I am in the position to offer advice and I will answer all questions here!

I can also help you choose Guest Friendly hotels.

My company ThaiHotelDiscounts is offering up to 70% off rack rates for Thailand hotels. We have over 500 hotels included on our site throughout Thailand, and these range from 3 - 5 star.

In addiction, we are fully bonded with the Tourism Authority Of Thailand, and our rates are extremely competitive.

You may check our prices and have a look around to see what hotels we have on offer.

Please visit us at http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com

So, here is my question for you: On another thread on this forum there a picture from Adelphi Suites - Sukumvit Soi 8, it has exactly what I am looking for , basically a bedroom with s seating area and kithen facillities in on e corner, kitchen bench, sink, washing machine, cooking faciliy, fridge. The issue is, I am looking for the same but in Hua Hin, for my upcomming trip with wifey and son.

I have been browsing all the hotel web pages and sent out a few requests, but to no avail. Looking at renting of bungalow as well, but most are LT

--

FLY ME TRAVEL CO.,LTD.

222/24 Moo 16,Rama 9 - Ring Road, Saphansung, Bangkok 10250

Telephone : 02-704-6745-6

Fax : 02-704-6747

Can you name another hotel such as the DREAM similar or superior quality but with a better price than there 4,800 for aa mini suite?

Cerberus,

Sure will gladly. What are your dates as all rates depend on the dates.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim

I'll be in BKK in Mid Jan and have already booked my accommodation at Citadines 8

2 questions

The price I got was 1850BHT for a studio executive room, including breakfast, what do you think, a fair price???

Also, I am lead to believe it is girl friendly, true or false???

By the way, I understand from reading reviews on Citadines 8 , that having breakfast included is not necessarily a good thing :10:

Hi Tim

I'll be in BKK in Mid Jan and have already booked my accommodation at Citadines 8

2 questions

The price I got was 1850BHT for a studio executive room, including breakfast, what do you think, a fair price???

Also, I am lead to believe it is girl friendly, true or false???

By the way, I understand from reading reviews on Citadines 8 , that having breakfast included is not necessarily a good thing :GiveBeer1:

Thats a good price at the moment. I think later they may reduce it to around 1700 Baht per night, once they realise they cannot sell all rooms. The breakfast is basic and about all to be expected of these small boutique hotels.

Tim

4th ---7th November 09

Cerberus,

Thanks. I recommend Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri Grande Suite room. 1 bed and living room. 69 sqm. Very impressive and guest friendly. Sent many guys there, they do not want to leave!

4,000 Baht or so on the otelrooms.com site. Hope you will take my advice. You won't get a better place in Bkk for that money. Usually 7000 Baht a night.

TIm

Edited by thaihoteldiscounts

Thanks Tim

In your opinion, would you describe Citadines 8 as girl friendly

Hi Tim,

I am looking for a nice clean hotel room for a my wife and baby. Something close to wireless road. As will be with the family restaurants or more important than nightlife. I will be staying from the 12th - 17th December. Ideally a junior suite would be nice. Looking at spending around 3-4k baht a night.

Any suggestions???

I have seen a few but no idea on the standards.

B52

Hi Tim,

I am looking for a nice clean hotel room for a my wife and baby. Something close to wireless road. As will be with the family restaurants or more important than nightlife. I will be staying from the 12th - 17th December. Ideally a junior suite would be nice. Looking at spending around 3-4k baht a night.

Any suggestions???

I have seen a few but no idea on the standards.

B52

B52

Not on Wireless, but near to the Bts and amazing place. Grande Suite rooms( 1 bedroom 69 Sqm)

Has full facilities and nice for your wife and baby.

Grande Centre Point a little over 4000 Baht per night and worth 6000 Baht per night.

On Otelrooms.com

Tim

Not sure if same hotel but got the Grande Daimond suites booked for the time frame mentioned above and the rooms look outstanding. Plus a balcony so i can have a smoke without getting abuse from the wife.

Grand Diamond Suites hotel

888 Petchburi Road Rajthevi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand

With the 10% discount for staying over 3 days a suite seemed like a bargain. With cooking facilities we will save some money and can justify the nicer room.

Thank you Tim,

I will post some photos after my stay

B52

Not sure if same hotel but got the Grande Daimond suites booked for the time frame mentioned above and the rooms look outstanding. Plus a balcony so i can have a smoke without getting abuse from the wife.

Grand Diamond Suites Hotel

888 Petchburi Road Rajthevi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand

With the 10% discount for staying over 3 days a suite seemed like a bargain. With cooking facilities we will save some money and can justify the nicer room.

Thank you Tim,

I will post some photos after my stay

B52

B52,

Grande Centre Point is not the same as Grand Diamond Suites.

Grand Diamond Suites is now old and the rooms need renovating. The hotels are so far apart its not true.

On the plus side Grand Diamond is reasonable these days and close to Pratunam.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ssukhumvitsuites.com/index.php?mn=gallery

great location and new any more information :) about this boutique hotel ?

Yes we sold it quite a bit before Oct 31 when they had the stay 3, pay 2 promotion.

Its a nice boutique hotel near the Asoke-Sukhumvit intersection . Non Smoking hotel, so if you need to smoke, gotta do it outside.

Small rooms for Superior and modern enough. Guest friendly. Decent breakfast. Not buffet, but you can order what you want and reorder again later.

Although I think that its expensive for what it is, especially when the Furama-Asoke hotel is now on offer for around 2300 per night. Much better.

Tim

Although I think that its expensive for what it is, especially when the Furama-Asoke hotel is now on offer for around 2300 per night. Much better.

Tim

that would be another option great, for now i prefer FUSION SUITES

http://www.fusionbangkok.com/ with the promotion, i thought FURAMA is not guest friendly....

a lot of new Boutique hotels in Asoke "Cowboy Area" SILQ; Fusion Suites, Sacha Uno, S Sukhumvit Suites...

hey tim

in May i'm planning a month in LoS, which includes 1week in bangkok. already looking ahead for a few hotels atm, might aswell ask a pro for some info.

around 1000bath, clean ofc, airco and safe(doesnt have to be to fancy,but at that price i dont expect much either :Deadhorse:)

girlfriendly as i'm likely to bring my regular TG with me

close to the tourist stuff and possible nightlife.

thx nvm,

Will be doing 2 - 3 days in BKK this Feb, will be bring a girl from Patts with me so no mongering. What i am looking for is a basic hotel as neither of us know BKK well I would like one close to some tourist sites, someplace to catch a movie, check out the night market etc.