IGNORED

Need Hotel Advice? With Bangkok Hotels... I'm here to help

Bkkguestfriendlyhotels

Hello Tim,

Bangkok hotels - do you have any opinions or info on Legacy Suites as they seem to be doing some great advance offers ? Otherwise I'll probably go all predictable and try the Dawin !

August Suites - do you deal with them ? The website states an advance booking deal, but they're slow to respond. Ist attempt got me slightly less than the 10% advertised and then stated 'breakfast not included'...so, not really a saving at all !

Baywalk Residence came up in a post...although it's a new one to me, the website looks suitably glossy and inviting. Any opinions, and also does anyone do November deals for them - they don't seem to be quoting at the moment ?

Thanks in advance for any information or pointers you may have.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bkkguestfriendlyhotels

• MikeLFC

• El-Diablo

• stanger69

Hi Tim,

hope you are well mate.

What rates do you have for Royal Ivory Hotel http://www.royalivory.com/ ?

I will be staying 7 nights (4 nights end of Feb 2010, then at the end of my holiday, 3 nights mid March 2010).

Do you know this hotel at all and if its any good/joiner fees etc?

Cheers

luvyoulongtime

I am great thanks. Yes I know this hotel quite well. Its an old Thai style hotel. Their Deluxe rooms are large for Bangkok nearly 40sqm, and they are guest friendly for 1 guest. 500 Baht joiner for the second.

At present prices I suppose its fine. Their usual price of 1800 Baht is too much as the rooms are very very basic and not nice. Looking at your dates, its ok then ans prices are not too high. Its on the new site. Suggest you book 1 night to try first.

Cheers

Tim

Hello Tim,

Bangkok hotels - do you have any opinions or info on Legacy Suites as they seem to be doing some great advance offers ? Otherwise I'll probably go all predictable and try the Dawin !

August Suites - do you deal with them ? The website states an advance booking deal, but they're slow to respond. Ist attempt got me slightly less than the 10% advertised and then stated 'breakfast not included'...so, not really a saving at all !

Baywalk Residence came up in a post...although it's a new one to me, the website looks suitably glossy and inviting. Any opinions, and also does anyone do November deals for them - they don't seem to be quoting at the moment ?

Thanks in advance for any information or pointers you may have.

Slacker,

Nice to hear from you. Legacy Suites is a great place. Good feedback from my customers and located about 5 mins walk to Prompong Bts station.

Dawin is fine. However I reckon its very expensive for what it is. Sure its really nice, but the rooms are small. May be try the Aspen Suites. Some good deals there at the moment. Nearly the same price.

August Suites, we don't deal with them yet. Need to get them. Heard great things about them. Would definitely stay here rather than Baywalk.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks Tim - it's nice to get a fast, informed response on these matters. Legacy are doing a deal for advance bookings that drop their base room to 1500 THB (approx) which makes up for the location being 'less central'. I have previously stayed at Aspen Suites and rate the place highly, but this time wanted a pool that catches the sun.

August Suites have returned with a better offer (not as good as some have mentioned, however), but a saving none the less. Apparently they had 'forgotten to update their website', which now states internet rates valid until 31st October, and 'apologise for the confusion'. It's a new hotel in a location that suits me, so I shall probably go ahead with that one.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my questions.

Regards,

Slacker

Edited by Slacker

Tim,

How are you doing?

I was wondering if I can pick your brain for some options for staying in Bangkok and patts, travel dates are inbetween september 17 ~ 27th or 24th ~ Oct 3rd.

A couple of things I would like to pick your brain about 1) Are there any specials going on? 2) Are all girlfriendly 3) Walking to Nana or Cowboy (for Bangkok) what is the time to get to each from each location 4) Do the higher room have bathtub/jacuzzi tub and shower 5) In Room safe in each of these hotels? 6) Does the staff take a TG ID info at the front desk?

For Patts same questions above but to Walking Street and action SOI's.

BKK list I have so far -

Citi Chic

Citadines all locations

Dawin Nana

Aspen Suites

Patts List I have so Far -

PBR

August Suites

Tim's Boutique

LK Renissance

Let me know and thank you in advance for your knowledge.

Trivex

post-22007-0-43851400-1348179382.png

Check it before you Wreck it !!!!

Gamora: Quill, your ship is dirty.

Peter Quill: She has no idea. If she had a black light, this ship would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Tim,

How are you doing?

I was wondering if I can pick your brain for some options for staying in Bangkok and patts, travel dates are inbetween september 17 ~ 27th or 24th ~ Oct 3rd.

A couple of things I would like to pick your brain about 1) Are there any specials going on? 2) Are all girlfriendly 3) Walking to Nana or Cowboy (for Bangkok) what is the time to get to each from each location 4) Do the higher room have bathtub/jacuzzi tub and shower 5) In Room safe in each of these hotels? 6) Does the staff take a TG ID info at the front desk?

For Patts same questions above but to walking street and action SOI's.

BKK list I have so far -

Citi Chic

Citadines all locations

Dawin Nana

Aspen Suites

Patts List I have so Far -

PBR

August Suites

Tim's Boutique

LK Renissance

Let me know and thank you in advance for your knowledge.

Trivex

Already replied via msg.

Tim

I run a hotels website and I have offered to help answer questions from forum members regarding hotels, I have reviewed many hotels and I am in the position to offer advice and I will answer all questions here!

I can also help you choose Guest Friendly hotels.

My company ThaiHotelDiscounts is offering up to 70% off rack rates for Thailand hotels. We have over 500 hotels included on our site throughout Thailand, and these range from 3 - 5 star.

In addiction, we are fully bonded with the Tourism Authority Of Thailand, and our rates are extremely competitive.

You may check our prices and have a look around to see what hotels we have on offer.

Please visit us at http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com

--

FLY ME TRAVEL CO.,LTD.

222/24 Moo 16,Rama 9 - Ring Road, Saphansung, Bangkok 10250

Telephone : 02-704-6745-6

Fax : 02-704-6747

Hi Tim, I usually stay at the Swiss Grotino. Thinking of moving up to something with a pool. Looking at the Park Plazza in Jan. Seems to be close to soi cowboy, where I spend most of my time. Booking with you will get me breakfast it seems. Just wondering what your take is on this hotel. Staying at Summer Spring in Pats. You need to get it on your site. Thanks Barkeep

Hi Tim, I usually stay at the Swiss Grotino. Thinking of moving up to something with a pool. Looking at the Park Plazza in Jan. Seems to be close to soi cowboy, where I spend most of my time. Booking with you will get me breakfast it seems. Just wondering what your take is on this hotel. Staying at Summer Spring in Pats. You need to get it on your site. Thanks Barkeep

Barkeep

Nice to hear from you.

Park Plaza is a very nice hotel located near Asoke Bts and Soi Cowboy.

I think at the current rate of 2,700 Baht its fine and decent enough.

However the new season prices are crazy.( Nov 1st onwards)

I would definitely wait for at least 2-3 months to see if they change their minds, once no one books at these rates.

Pls check the site as we will update the prices in Bangkok on a regular basis, once we get some deals etc.

Tim

Barkeep

Nice to hear from you.

Park Plaza is a very nice hotel located near Asoke Bts and Soi Cowboy.

I think at the current rate of 2,700 Baht its fine and decent enough.

However the new season prices are crazy.( Nov 1st onwards)

I would definitely wait for at least 2-3 months to see if they change their minds, once no one books at these rates.

Pls check the site as we will update the prices in Bangkok on a regular basis, once we get some deals etc.

Tim

Thanks Tim, I will wait and see.

Hey Tim! Thanks so much for helping out! I was curious if you could recommend accommodations in BKK that is similar to the Dusit D2 Pattaya in style, quality, and price.

Thanks again!!

Hi Tim,

Thanks for providing your service to the board. From your comments, and other board members' reviews, I have booked a stay at the Dawin through your site. Keep up the good work.

Hey Tim! Thanks so much for helping out! I was curious if you could recommend accommodations in BKK that is similar to the Dusit D2 Pattaya in style, quality, and price.

Thanks again!!

Khundawg,

Given the D2's style and funky decor. Would think the Bangkok one would be the Dream hotel .

Now on promotion.

Tim

Hello Tim,

I checked your website about the Town Lodge on Sukhumvit Soi 18. There is no mention about room size. What is the difference between a standard and a deluze room other than the deluxe room having a bath tub? (Ther is about 200+ Baht difference in Price) How far from Sukhumvit is the hotel? Is Tuk tuk service provided?

Thanks,

--Robert

Hello Tim,

I checked your website about the Town Lodge on Sukhumvit Soi 18. There is no mention about room size. What is the difference between a standard and a deluze room other than the deluxe room having a bath tub? (Ther is about 200+ Baht difference in Price) How far from Sukhumvit is the Hotel? Is Tuk tuk service provided?

Thanks,

--Robert

Hi Robert,

The Deluxe rooms have a bathtub in. That's the only difference. The rooms are small and would say around 18-20 Sqm.

The hotel is about 1 km from the main Sukhumvit road. Usually takes me around 5 mins to walk at a brisk pace.

They have a motorcycle taxi to take you from the hotel. Not much use. For the money its ok, but personally I think the Darjelling is light years ahead, much better rooms are 15 seconds walk to the main road.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'll check out the Darjeerling on your site. How would compare the Darjeerling, Citadines Group Suk 11,16 or 23, or The Majestic Suites.

Thanks Again in Advance,

---Robert

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'll check out the Darjeerling on your site. How would compare the Darjeerling, Citadines Group Suk 11,16 or 23, or The Majestic Suites.

Thanks Again in Advance,

---Robert

Citadines apartments' all locations are pretty good. Their rooms vary in size from 25-30 Sqm depending on which location. They feature a small area which resembles a kitchen. The prices are about 1600 Baht Room Only to 1800 Baht including breakfast. They feature free in room internet as well. all locations are quite deep in their respective sois. Although they have a tuk tuk service

Darjelling is 1,250 Baht per night inc breakfast and free in room internet. The best hotel in Bangkok currently as this price. Comparable with 1600 Baht a night hotels. Price good till 30 September 2010. 15 seconds walk to the Sukhumvit road and across the road from Soi Cowboy. Guest friendly as well. Unbeatable.

Majestic Suites used to be the best place 3-4 yrs ago. Some say it still is due to the location. Within walking distance to Nana Plaza. Rooms are looking quite tired. They have included free internet for the last year. However a sign of the times. They are pretty quiet these days too. Last year difficult to get rooms there. Down to many new boutique hotels that have opened.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tim,

I was wondering if you can recommend any hotels in Chang Mai near the night market and or the "action"? Do you know of any good travel agents near the hotels?

Thanks in advance,

El-Diablo

Hello Tim,

I was wondering if you can recommend any hotels in Chang Mai near the night market and or the "action"? Do you know of any good travel agents near the hotels?

Thanks in advance,

El-Diablo

El-Diablo,

We sell quite a lot at Centara Duangtawan. Very near to the night bazaar and guest friendly. Cheap too.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

Could you please recommend a hotel (Girl friendly) to first timer in Bangkok. I need somthing central near the action (Nana plazza & patpong etc) As this is my first time in thailand. I need somthing close to everything.

Thanks

Hi Tim,

Could you please recommend a hotel (Girl friendly) to first timer in Bangkok. I need somthing central near the action (Nana plazza & patpong etc) As this is my first time in thailand. I need somthing close to everything.

Thanks

Hi Sam,

There are so many hotels that could be ok. Pls can you give me your prefered location, eg Patpong or Nana and expected budget. That would narrow it down and help a lot.

Cheers

Tim

Cheers Tim,

It is my first time in bangkok so i am not sure. I have done internet search & I think I better be in Nana (Sukmavit) Somewhere near soi cowboy & Nana Plaza. say within walking distance to both. Price not an issue though it would be nice to get a bargin (eg. promotion discount etc)maybe 4 or 5 stars hotels etc. I need room with safe & internet access wifi & no joiner fee for lady or two :-). I know am asking a lot but this is my first time so am not so good with arranging things.

Cheers mate,

Sam

Cheers Tim,

It is my first time in bangkok so i am not sure. I have done internet search & I think I better be in Nana (Sukmavit) Somewhere near soi cowboy & Nana Plaza. say within walking distance to both. Price not an issue though it would be nice to get a bargin (eg. promotion discount etc)maybe 4 or 5 stars hotels etc. I need room with safe & internet access wifi & no joiner fee for lady or two :-). I know am asking a lot but this is my first time so am not so good with arranging things.

Cheers mate,

Sam

Sam,

Given your budget and area, I think you would have an easy time finding a decent hotel eg 4-5 stars.

Pls can you give me your exact dates and I will reply with a list of the best hotels.

Cheers

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, good of you to help guys out.

I'm arriving BKK late (11:30pm) on Nov 28, and heading to Pattaya on Nov 30.

So I'm looking for two nights in Bangkok, nothing high end necessay - will be spending my money in Pattaya!

I am not familiar with the city at all, but perhaps something close to airport or Cowboy/Nana?

Then 1 night again on Dec 18 as I fly out the next day.