IGNORED

Jomtien - my very rough guide

davidge

I've mentioned what I saw as the main bar areas: Rhompo, Soi 7, Soi Whithouse. Along with the few on Thappraya (including the infamous go-go) and gay ones in Jomtien Complex. I also said there are some on Sois 1-5 as well.

Other than the ones I named on Thappraya, I couldn't tell you the names of any of the ones in Rhompo etc I had a drink at, sorry!

TBH I didn't spend many nights in Jomtien as I was getting to know the different areas of Pattaya again.

It's ok mate, thx for the reply.

Other:

It's a very pleasant walk along Dongtan Beach (turn right as Thappraya reaches the beach) especially late afternoon. The road is closed to traffic during the day but watch out for motorbikes and bicycles. Lots of chairs to hire with free wi-fi advertised and drink sellers. I never got around to using them.

You forgot about the poofters doing BJ's in the toilets near the beach. I am glad you are sending unsuspecting people to that beach.

You should have used the chairs you would have had a few propositions fro the waiters there

You forgot about the poofters doing BJ's in the toilets near the beach. I am glad you are sending unsuspecting people to that beach.

You should have used the chairs you would have had a few propositions fro the waiters there

You appear to have a serious problem - or are desperately trying to hide your true sexual identity.

As many Russian families as single blokes using the beach.

I'm sure you could find the things you suggested if you were looking, otherwise you'd be unaware that this was a 'gay' beach.

The path is used by everybody for a late afternoon or early evening stroll or for exercise by joggers and cyclists.

I'm surprised you can cope with Pattaya at all given the strength of feeling, or huge suppression of your true self, you appear to have.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

You appear to have a serious problem - or are desperately trying to hide your true sexual identity.

As many Russian families as single blokes using the beach.

I'm sure you could find the things you suggested if you were looking, otherwise you'd be unaware that this was a 'gay' beach.

The path is used by everybody for a late afternoon or early evening stroll or for exercise by joggers and cyclists.

I'm surprised you can cope with Pattaya at all given the strength of feeling, or huge suppression of your true self, you appear to have.

WOW - touchy arent we. As you said if you were wrong with your info point it out. But you dont like it do you

BTW I know the area well. I have had a condo in VT6 for 6 years and for a long time had an office in VT7. Walked along that road 2 times a day minimum for years. You have your version of it and I have mine. 

BTW if you walk along there alone in the early evening and dont get propositioned you must be fairly challenged in the looks department. 

One or two obvious freelancers either end but path very busy with people out for a bit of exercise or just a stroll.

Friends went jogging most nights, one of them has a family and they go for stroll.

No hassles at all.

As I said, I'm sure if you were looking you'd find 'company' but otherwise it's just a nice beach walk.

You make it sound as if you have to fight to get away with your 'honour' intact. It's nothing of the sort.

Didn't go down there later on after dark. Don't know if things change a bit then.

• Like 2

One or two obvious freelancers either end but path very busy with people out for a bit of exercise or just a stroll.

Friends went jogging most nights, one of them has a family and they go for stroll.

No hassles at all.

As I said, I'm sure if you were looking you'd find 'company' but otherwise it's just a nice beach walk.

You make it sound as if you have to fight to get away with your 'honour' intact. It's nothing of the sort.

Didn't go down there later on after dark. Don't know if things change a bit then.

Right.  I find Dongtan Beach to be very safe nowadays, day or night, especially with all the development along the beach.  There are security watching passersby at almost every Condo and hotel.  

There is a part of the beach that hangs gay rainbow flags, and that doesn't bother me -- all is so friendly.  Everyone enjoys this beach now.  Dongtan Beach is not just a gay beach.  In my opinion it is the nicest, and cleanest, beach of Pattaya.  

• Like 2

I stay in Jomtien since 14 month and can agree with this detailed list.

in addition there are some beer bars in Soi 4 and 5.

Daily Night Market on the beach Road. Close to Soi 8.

Edited by Mangosteen

Thanks for the info on Jomtien!

One of these days, I would LOVE to take an extended trip (beyond my usual 8-10 days excursions), rent a condo in Jomtien and see if it's the type of place where I could see myself in retirement.  The baht bus availability is key for me, as there is no way I am getting on a motorbike taxi (or driving one myself)

Hmmm....that reminds me it's time to focus on my "retirement plan" -- gotta go buy those lottery tickets again tomorrow!  555

• Like 2

I was looking at the VT location maps in Jomtien & apparently VT-7 is the best placed. Would you share the same conclusion & please share how did you book your condo in VT-7.

................................................................................................................

On 03/08/2015 at 23:35, Mick Pattaya said:

I was looking at the VT location maps in Jomtien & apparently VT-7 is the best placed. Would you share the same conclusion & please share how did you book your condo in VT-7.

I came to the same conclusion from maps etc and this was borne out on the ground.

VT7 is in the best position by far. 5 minute stroll to the beach. Short walk across car park to main road for baht buses.7-11 and bars very close if needed.

It's also the most expensive. In price order, it's usually: VT1, VT2, VT5, VT7.

I booked here: http://www.viewtalaycondos.com/ViewTalay7Condo.html

Best value I found for VT7. You can only book full weeks, so I paid 22500 for 3 weeks though I stayed 18 nights. No extras. Water & electricity included. No end of rental cleaning charge. Security deposit of 5000 baht was given back the night before I left.

He was good to deal with in booking. He was away when I was there so didn't meet him. Condo was fine. He provided some toiletries, drinks and snacks to start me off when I arrived. 3 or 4 places downstairs offer cleaning and laundry. It was 300 baht for cleaning and twice a week was enough for me. I had to change the bed and get the bedding laundered. 2 sets provided and 6 towels.

The laundry costs weren't high. I sent a lot of clothes over the 3 weeks and it wasn't much more than 1000 baht in total for my stay.

I found the place quiet. I was only disturbed one night when there was a Thai karaoke at silly volume somewhere near the condo.

Only negatives:

Impossible to have quiet swim as pool always full of Russian kids;

Wi-fi was only mediocre. I struggled to use FaceTime video with it.

TV reception was very poor. Didn't bother me as didn't watch it.

I booked the taxi through him as well and the arriving journey was a nightmare. I'll book my own next time.

Despite those negatives, I'd be happy to use him again. I arranged for my friend to stay in the 2-bed condo he has to rent. Wifi there was very good. Very nice condo, even though the decor looks as if it was done by a gay pimp :-)

• Like 3

Some photos of the Condo I took on the last morning, a couple of the pool on a rare quiet day and the laundry prices:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

An odd question maybe, what about stray soi dogs? I like to walk around a bit but always wary of the dogs. Are they many in numbers & trouble causing? 

stick to the path!!

second road can be a bit of a bad spot for territorial dogs - however, if you just walk down beach road jomtien, the only dogs you will get bothered by are ladyboys on motorbikes, and these come in pairs usually - steer well clear. 

Living in Thailand for 8+ years, moved to Vietnam also making videos now on YouTube about life in Thailand, Vietnam

Nick Swift YouTube

Many thanks will be based there in December and will explore Jomtien and travel into Pattaya as well. The baht bus maps will be handy.

One thing I'd meant to do, but never got around to, was to stay on a baht bus to see exactly how far they go down the beach road before turning around.

I only went as far as Soi 10 and they were going on past that.

Whether it's Soi 12 or 14???? Soi 15 is a fair bit further so I doubt they go that far???

If anyone knows, or would like to try a ride to see :-), then it would be interesting to know.

One thing I'd meant to do, but never got around to, was to stay on a baht bus to see exactly how far they go down the beach road before turning around.

Whether it's Soi 12 or 14???? Soi 15 is a fair bit further so I doubt they go that far???

If anyone knows, or would like to try a ride to see :-), then it would be interesting to know.

I think it depends on the mood of the driver.

• 4 months later...

Here's a bunch of the photos of the walk from around Soi 6 to the end of the walkway down Jomtien Beach. With the exceptions of #'s 6, 10 and 26 they are pretty much straight out of the camera (Sony RX100-M3). 

1. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-01.jpg

2. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-02.jpg

3. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-03.jpg

4. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-04.jpg

5. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-05.jpg

6. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-06.jpg

7. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-07.jpg

8. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-08.jpg

9. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-09.jpg

10. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-10.jpg

More in the next post

Edited by fusionx
  • Like 3

11. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-11.jpg

12. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-12.jpg

13. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-13.jpg

14. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-14.jpg

15. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-15.jpg

16. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-16.jpg

17. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-17.jpg

18. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-18.jpg

19. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-19.jpg

20. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-20.jpg

and more in the next post :)

• Like 3

21. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-21.jpg

22. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-22.jpg

23. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-23.jpg

24. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-24.jpg

25. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-25.jpg

26. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-26.jpg

27. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-27.jpg

28. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-28.jpg

29. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-29.jpg

30. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-30.jpg

• Like 2

and the last two near the very end. 

31. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-31.jpg

32. jomtien-beach-walk-photos-32.jpg

Hope you find these useful :)

The baht bus goes up Jomtien Beach rd. until Soi Chayapruk where the police box is all for 10B.  To go further the driver will want more.

Absolute quality pics, the water immediately looks a lot cleaner. Would it be correct to assume that Jomtien as a whole is comparatively much cleaner than Pattaya.

................................................................................................................

Absolute quality pics, the water immediately looks a lot cleaner. Would it be correct to assume that Jomtien as a whole is comparatively much cleaner than Pattaya.

Definitely. That's not to say it's spotless, but it's much better than Pattaya in general terms. 

I live in Jomtien for the past 9 years, and I am not moving anywhere else.   Nice place

• Like 3