IGNORED

Jomtien - my very rough guide

davidge

• 3 weeks later...

Some useful info for me as a newbie , could anyone tell me the price of a taxi ack from pattaya to the vt2 or jomtien complex are a . thanks

Some useful info for me as a newbie , could anyone tell me the price of a taxi ack from pattaya to the vt2 or jomtien complex are a . thanks

You can go for 10 baht.

The baht buses line up outside the school at the junction of Second Road & South Pattaya Road. They wait until VERY full before setting off so be prepared for a crush. Press the buzzer when you want to get off and pay 10 baht as usual.

If you want to do a private hire of a baht bus I've done it from various places - the queue, Tukcom, Soi Diana, Soi Buakhao, Royal Garden - and they've always agreed to 150 baht. Helps if you know Thai numbers though.

The City taxi cabs will screw you for all you can get, they never use the meter, so I tend to avoid them. I did get one to take me for 150 baht a couple of times from opposite the baht bus queue, but it was low season and very few customers.

To get into Pattaya just wait outside the Complex entrance and wave one down. They can be full so be patient. They usually go straight up Second Rd when they get to Pattaya. Again, 10 baht when you get off though I generally give 20 if I'm going a fair way up 2nd Road.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

You can go for 10 baht.

The baht buses line up outside the school at the junction of Second Road & South Pattaya Road. They wait until VERY full before setting off so be prepared for a crush. Press the buzzer when you want to get off and pay 10 baht as usual.

If you want to do a private hire of a baht bus I've done it from various places - the queue, Tukcom, Soi Diana, Soi Buakhao, Royal Garden - and they've always agreed to 150 baht. Helps if you know Thai numbers though.

The City taxi cabs will screw you for all you can get, they never use the meter, so I tend to avoid them. I did get one to take me for 150 baht a couple of times from opposite the baht bus queue, but it was low season and very few customers.

To get into Pattaya just wait outside the Complex entrance and wave one down. They can be full so be patient. They usually go straight up Second Rd when they get to Pattaya. Again, 10 baht when you get off though I generally give 20 if I'm going a fair way up 2nd Road.

That is the normal pricing coming from Jomtien ,crossing at the School 10 +to further on second road +10 = 20 baht,normal as it is a very long run for low money ,(some people try to get such a run for 10 baht should be a shame..most R....)

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Thanks for the info. Im considering staying in Jomtien once I get weary of the Pattaya scene. Anyone staying at Aqcua condo?

Pattaya September 29, 2016 to February 28, 2017. Having the time of my life!!

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

• 2 weeks later...

Great post boy have things changed

when i was there in 2006 i kid you not

After midnight from the corner of Walking Street to Jomeitin cost me 150 baht  each way after Midnight- and driver waited a while to get more people..

So wow 10 baht crikey things have changed

10 baht usually got me the entire second road trip to Big C before kicked me out as on too long.. so then Big C back to Walking Street start 10 baht, i use to do that allot do the big big big circle Beach road second road trip lol

Does anyone know of a barbershop (proper old-school wet shave (for my face...)) in Jomtien please?

The only one I found was in the sub-Soi just off Thappraya near the arch. Map below. I only had haircuts there and it wasn't the best I've been to but not awful either. It's run by a katoey. You could ask about shaves.

image.jpeg

Edited by davidge

• 3 weeks later...

Try the Rhompo bar area they have some good barber shops there

I forgot about those! Must be because I'd always had a few beers when I was up there!

Remember seeing a couple of barbers at least down the Soi between the market and the bars.

Edited by davidge

• 1 month later...

Saw another thread on here where it was claimed boats from  Bali Hai pier at end of Walking Street being moved to or near Rompho. Anybody on the ground confirm this as the supposed date for moving was today. Any noticeable impact? Looking for a Rompho visit in next 2 weeks or so.

Thanks

Saw another thread on here where it was claimed boats from  Bali Hai pier at end of Walking Street being moved to or near Rompho. Anybody on the ground confirm this as the supposed date for moving was today. Any noticeable impact? Looking for a Rompho visit in next 2 weeks or so.

Thanks

I read they were being moved to Soi 11 & Soi 14. Rhompo is opposite the top of Soi 7.

I read they were being moved to Soi 11 & Soi 14. Rhompo is opposite the top of Soi 7.

Possible this place as I has a concrete ramp to let boats in to the water and close to soi 14

2016-11-02_155149.png

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

• 1 month later...

Are there any Beach Bars...?

where one can rent a lounge/beach chair and umbrella and order drinks...not just beer..?

Are there any Beach Bars...?

where one can rent a lounge/beach chair and umbrella and order drinks...not just beer..?

no bars on the beach but the deck chair wallahs have beer and soft drinks to sell you.

however wednesday (unless it is a thai bank holiday) there are no deck chairs on pattaya or jomtien beaches

no bars on the beach but the deck chair wallahs have beer and soft drinks to sell you.

however wednesday (unless it is a thai bank holiday) there are no deck chairs on pattaya or jomtien beaches

that sucks ....i guess one can pack your own and buy mixer.

Was on Ban Amphur beach ,not far down the track, on Wednesday ..

They still have the sun chairs and ,' brella guys ..plus the drinks etc.

Appears they are not subject to the ban.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

I'm back in Jomtien again. I'll probably try to update this thread when I get home.

Meanwhile, I'm posting some pics on this thread:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307559-just-some-photos-dec-16-jan-17/

and there will be plenty of Jomtien included.

I'm back in Jomtien again. I'll probably try to update this thread when I get home.

Meanwhile, I'm posting some pics on this thread:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307559-just-some-photos-dec-16-jan-17/

and there will be plenty of Jomtien included.

post some hot Beer bar girls in jomtienif you find some, i found some good ones but its some legworks.

One thing that has changed since my last visit is that the authorities, in their infinite wisdom, have removed all the Soi signs from the beach road ends of each Soi (I haven't checked the other ends).

So, if you are venturing to Jomtien you will need a landmark to know where to get off the baht bus.

Someone has put up a handwritten sign at the end of Soi 5.

• Like 1