IGNORED

Jomtien - my very rough guide

davidge

This is a good write up on Jomtien, for expected reasons Pattaya Central finds precedence on this board. Learned a fair few things from this.

Going by your map, if I happen to stay at VT 1 or 2 then I am able to board a baht bus right from my doorstep?

• Like 4

................................................................................................................

should be useful for a lot of bm's , especially the newbies or those not familiar with jomtien

• Like 2

This is a good write up on Jomtien, for expected reasons Pattaya Central finds precedence on this board. Learned a fair few things from this.

Going by your map, if I happen to stay at VT 1 or 2 then I am able to board a baht bus right from my doorstep?

Only saw them from the baht bus. Yes, it stops right outside the entrance but it looked like a fair trek from there to the actual buildings?

To go into Pattaya you would also have to cross the dual carriageway which is fairly busy at this point ( for Jomtien).

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks for the write up.  I have often travelled  between VT6 in Pattaya and Jomtien for windsurfing.  I normally rent a scooter and I think it was taking me around 30 minutes between the two.  I really haven't explored Jomtien itself that much, so I will give a few of these places a try. 

Have you tried the seafood at The View Beach Bar and Restaurant in Jomtien?  Great restaurant in a great location.

Thanks for the write up.  I have often travelled  between VT6 in Pattaya and Jomtien for windsurfing.  I normally rent a scooter and I think it was taking me around 30 minutes between the two.  I really haven't explored Jomtien itself that much, so I will give a few of these places a try. 

Have you tried the seafood at The View Beach Bar and Restaurant in Jomtien?  Great restaurant in a great location.

No. I didn't go nearly that far down the beach. I was intending to stay on the baht bus to see how far they went but, as with many things, didn't get around to it. I don't think they'd go anywhere close to The View anyway so it would mean hiring one.

In any case, I don't eat seafood :-)

I think you should move this to Barstool Banter for more viewership, a lot many people ask about Jomtien in that section.

................................................................................................................

If a Mod wants to copy it there, or is happy for me to post it there as well, then fine.

I think this is the correct place really, but have no worries about copying/moving it.

As I always have my settings to 'View New Content' I am usually unaware of which section a thread is in. I simply get to see all new threads as they are posted.

I never actually click on 'Barstool Banter' or any other section as a starting point. :-)

Edit: maybe I can just put a post there linking to this thread. I'll think about it and see if a Mod says anything.

Edited by davidge

Jomtien is good if you have a mixed group holiday.  Meaning with wife/kids, family etc.  Ones that are unlikely to appreciate the subtleties of of venues such as Windmill, Babydolls or Ibar/Insomnia.

We have typically always stayed at Nirvana Boutique as it has a very reasonably priced 2-bedroom apartment up top. The small hotel/guesthouses on Dongtan Beach are quite ok too.  Lazy beach days where one can slip over to Soi 6-Jomtien for a full service massage. I think thai wifey has finally figured out that one..from her spies at her massage shop on Soi 5.

Lots of cheap good food for falang and the old ladies sitting along the beach make the best somtum - so thai female happy bout that.

And after 10pm - head in to Pattaya for the other stuff.

Sois 3-5 is an interesting area.  Some girls live in this area. Its a bit grungy but worth exporing.  Cheap guesthouse rooms too.

A few lazy hours crashed in a deckchair at Jomtien beach - perfekt.

But - if you are a solid central pattaya person, warning, Jomtien will give you the shits....do not stay there or risk whining like a stuck pig.

I am not a Jomtien guy, but thanks for your useful contribution.

I never really went down there because I didn't have the info to make it easy or give me ideas of where to go..

This is great. Thank you.

I'd like to see added a few more things like the Pattaya Tower, water park, aquarium, etc.

I hope this thread gets pinned, maybe in the Newbie section, for future reference of everyone.

The aquarium is a fun afternoon activity, if you dive they'll let you go in the main tank, pretty cheap as I recall.  Give the Dolphin show a miss though it is much further out of town and the place was a wreck when I visited, actually I'd be surprised if the place hasn't already been shut down due to poor care of the animals.

Davidge,

This is an excellent contribution, providing a lot of practical information. It takes quite an effort do share it all on the Forum so we rightly so should thank you for that.

I have several times (3) stayed at the Pattaya Park - 345 Jomtien Beach, Pattaya City, Chonburi 20150 Thailand.

Quite frankly, I personally dont like it, it is run down, too big, has no interior decoration to please the eye, a cement building full of people, the food is so-so, the waterpark and the amusement park equipment seems run down and downright dangerous to go on, but friends of my family seem to preffer it as we go with kids.

Henceforth, their choice may be wellintended.

However. the surrounding area was always interesting to me, a market place, stalls where you can eat great thai street food and bars and restaurants. I enjoy the area and can certainly recommend Jomtien (Beach) to any family.

I shall consider staying in Jomtien even if I go in my own, there are enough retaurants, bars and ladies to enjoy.

For a 60 year old but slim and handsome gentleman like me - there may be more of an opportunity for a weekend GF experience in Jomtien than the Hardcore Walking Street.

I'll take a Girl with a twinkle in her eye over the pros at WS any night!

You only need to know your pussy eating techniques and you'll get whatever sex you like regardless of where you found the girl.

Peace

Edited by Laid Back Larry

Read about Laid Back Larry's road to LOS and life thereafter - here:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/378542-the-road-to-losand-thereafter/?do=findComment&comment=5744947

Thanks for the comments.

The forum was a godsend to me over the past 15 months when I was thinking of finally getting back to Pattaya.

I wanted to give a little back if possible.

Re. Waterpark

If you look at the bottom left corner of the first map you'll see the start of Thappraya 12 Soi. The park is at the bottom of that (I think).

Not on baht bus route so you'll need to hire one.

I did actually walk along Dongtan as far as it on the beach side a couple of times.

Larry: there were enough nice ladies in the bars I visited to keep you happy, I'm sure.

Edited by davidge

useful but u have pastrami on rye (14) the wrong side of the traffic lights at theprasit rd

useful but u have pastrami on rye (14) the wrong side of the traffic lights at theprasit rd

Thanks.

Just rough positions as I can't really draw numbers small enough to be very accurate :-)

Never actually got to Pastrami, only passed on baht bus.

• Like 1

Never really considered a jomtien before the beach sounds good,how would you rate it compared to hua hin? I tried Cha am this year a few days resting was fine but it was a bit boring really,hua hin was ok but busy at night and it was very windy on the beach .

Thanks.

Just rough positions as I can't really draw numbers small enough to be very accurate :-)

Never actually got to Pastrami, only passed on baht bus.

may 12 004 (Custom).JPG

How many times did I see that view? :-)

Missing it already!

Home for 3 days and I'm looking at Christmas flights, just in case.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments.

The forum was a godsend to me over the past 15 months when I was thinking if finally getting back to Pattaya.

I wanted to give a little back if possible.

Larry: there were enough nice ladies in the bars I visited to keep you happy, I'm sure.

I think so

Edited by Laid Back Larry

Read about Laid Back Larry's road to LOS and life thereafter - here:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/378542-the-road-to-losand-thereafter/?do=findComment&comment=5744947

An odd question maybe, what about stray soi dogs? I like to walk around a bit but always wary of the dogs. Are they many in numbers & trouble causing? 

Thx for the guide.

Can you do a bar map of Jomtien as well?

I've mentioned what I saw as the main bar areas: Rhompo, Soi 7, Soi Whithouse. Along with the few on Thappraya (including the infamous go-go) and gay ones in Jomtien Complex. I also said there are some on Sois 1-5 as well.

Other than the ones I named on Thappraya, I couldn't tell you the names of any of the ones in Rhompo etc I had a drink at, sorry!

TBH I didn't spend many nights in Jomtien as I was getting to know the different areas of Pattaya again.

An odd question maybe, what about stray soi dogs? I like to walk around a bit but always wary of the dogs. Are they many in numbers & trouble causing?

I can't say I noticed many, other than the first night when one started barking at me as I approached Rhompo.

There were some along the beach but they were never a problem.

I did have to avoid a fair bit of dog mess when I walked the beach path from Soi 10 to Soi 6!

they will almost always fall for the fake stone routine..............bend down and pretend to pick one up and they nearly always leg it. worked when confronted with 2  of 3 dogs 1 time but not crazy eyes* here in naklua......

jan feb 4 242_582x600.jpg

point blank range full power glass coke bottle stopped the bastard or i was (chewed) toast.

but like i said most times the fake stone pick up works

* the outlaw josey wales

Edited by striderman