IGNORED

Up to 30% OFF at the Walking Street Guest House

hamlek

They're changed after every guest.

Not my experience.

The maids just take it easy.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

How often are the sheets of the ST rooms changed, mate?

They're changed after every guest.

Did you tell your staff?

Not my experience.

The maids just take it easy.

What's up with the insinuations guys? Have you rented a room from us and the sheet was dirty why not just come out and say it and if not I really don't understand why you're making these kind of posts.

Normally either me or the manager makes one or two spot checks every night and almost never find any problems. However I'm proud of my business and take it seriously and having happy customers is important to me so after seeing your insinuations last night when I got to work I checked all rooms that weren't occupied and they were all clean (including towels, pillow cases and the sheet) and in order. And I've just been through cctv footage for a couple of random days from the last two weeks and at every of the over 200 room cleanings I saw the housekeeper goes in to the room with a set of folded up towels and sheet and comes out with a bundle that she takes up to the laundry area and puts in the washing machines. And before someone says anything; No, we obviously don't have have cameras in the rooms so I can't guarantee that they changed them but that takes them 30 seconds to change a sheet so if they were going to cheat it would be to not have to do so much laundry, not to not have to change the sheet. I.e. I just can't see them going into a room with clean sheet and towels and bundling them up and going to wash them again just to avoid having to change a sheet, especially since nothing else suggests that they're doing that.

• Like 3

I love the fact that you have a brand new guest house, i bet your aircon is perfect, you gotta book on that basis alone. We are all sick of budget accom with poor aircon..

I fancy the rooms facing Walking street, i dont worry about the noise at all, and a birds eye view of the street will be very interesting.

OK!  i better make a booking later today, best wishes from Charlie

The poor AC is common in Pattaya guesthouses, they always have a fan as well. I'm sure it is to keep their electric bill down.

First trip to pattaya just booked 27 nights in august.

Thank you for your reservation! Look forward to having you stay with us :)

Hello... If i came back to  my room with two girls, is there any charge for the second girl? Cheers

Hello... If i came back to  my room with two girls, is there any charge for the second girl? Cheers

Hey dimmie! If you're staying alone you're welcome to bring guests to your room and there's no charge.

• 3 weeks later...

What's up with the insinuations guys? Have you rented a room from us and the sheet was dirty why not just come out and say it and if not I really don't understand why you're making these kind of posts.

Normally either me or the manager makes one or two spot checks every night and almost never find any problems. However I'm proud of my business and take it seriously and having happy customers is important to me so after seeing your insinuations last night when I got to work I checked all rooms that weren't occupied and they were all clean (including towels, pillow cases and the sheet) and in order. And I've just been through cctv footage for a couple of random days from the last two weeks and at every of the over 200 room cleanings I saw the housekeeper goes in to the room with a set of folded up towels and sheet and comes out with a bundle that she takes up to the laundry area and puts in the washing machines. And before someone says anything; No, we obviously don't have have cameras in the rooms so I can't guarantee that they changed them but that takes them 30 seconds to change a sheet so if they were going to cheat it would be to not have to do so much laundry, not to not have to change the sheet. I.e. I just can't see them going into a room with clean sheet and towels and bundling them up and going to wash them again just to avoid having to change a sheet, especially since nothing else suggests that they're doing that.

Great response.

I'm sorry you had to go to this trouble, but I wanted to say that WSGH has a great rep and great reviews, why these insinuations were made I don t know.

I made a res on hotels dot com for August and am looking forward to staying with you.

Great response.

I'm sorry you had to go to this trouble, but I wanted to say that WSGH has a great rep and great reviews, why these insinuations were made I don t know.

I made a res on hotels dot com for August and am looking forward to staying with you.

Thank you both for your support and for your reservation sleeper! Hope you'll enjoy your stay with us and please come down to sweethearts and introduce yourself to me or Viking and let us buy you a drink. See you in August!

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked 12 nights in September so I will report back with a review after my stay. Hopefully I will have just as a good time as the previous posters.

Just booked 12 nights in September so I will report back with a review after my stay. Hopefully I will have just as a good time as the previous posters.

Thank you for your reservation! Look forward to meeting you and I hope so too :) 

Just to let you know it looks like I underestimated how many people who, despite the noise, like to have a room overlooking Walking Street so we've changed the front room on the 1st floor from short time to long time. It's a fairly big (20 sqm) room with large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32″ flat screen TV and wardrobe that is called Standard Room Front and can now be booked here http://walkingstreetguesthouse.com/book-now/. It's normally 790 baht/night but with the 10% PA discount code ILOVEPA it's 711 baht/night.

A11_1.jpg

A11_2.jpg

A11_3.jpg

a11_4.jpg

Edited by hamlek

Just to let you know it looks like I underestimated how many people who, despite the noise, like to have a room overlooking Walking Street so we've changed the front room on the 1st floor from short time to long time. It's a fairly big (20 sqm) room with large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32″ flat screen TV and wardrobe that is called Standard Room Front and can now be booked here http://walkingstreetguesthouse.com/book-now/. It's normally 790 baht/night but with the 10% PA discount code ILOVEPA it's 711 baht/night.

attachicon.gifA11_1.jpg

attachicon.gifA11_2.jpg

attachicon.gifA11_3.jpg

attachicon.gifa11_4.jpg

Good work!  What % of your customers would be PA BM?

Just returned from staying at the WSGH, and quite frankly, I was not expecting too much. I was extremely happy to find a good sized room that was very clean. the AC was excellent. Hallway security was by a passcard system that was very effective. I found both front desk and cleaning staff to be very cordial and helped with a special request. The location was at the epicenter of discos & agogos, directly across Walking Street from Lucifers disco. What's not to like? Overall, for the money, a great value, and I plan to return on my next visit.

I Love This City

Have to agree. Great facilities. Only gripe was the strict adherence to the 3:00 PM check in rule when I rocked up at 1:00. The up side was I found Roo Bar next door and watched the footy with some great blokes.

Sent from my cheap-ass BLUBOO X550 Chinese phone using Tapatalk. But it's got a battery that would start a Kenworth.

You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted

Good work!  What % of your customers would be PA BM?

Thanks! Not many but it's always nice to have BMs staying with us.

Just returned from staying at the WSGH, and quite frankly, I was not expecting too much. I was extremely happy to find a good sized room that was very clean. the AC was excellent. Hallway security was by a passcard system that was very effective. I found both front desk and cleaning staff to be very cordial and helped with a special request. The location was at the epicenter of discos & agogos, directly across walking street from Lucifers disco. What's not to like? Overall, for the money, a great value, and I plan to return on my next visit.

Thank you for the review and happy to hear you enjoyed your stay :)

Have to agree. Great facilities. Only gripe was the strict adherence to the 3:00 PM check in rule when I rocked up at 1:00. The up side was I found Roo Bar next door and watched the footy with some great blokes.

Sent from my cheap-ass BLUBOO X550 Chinese phone using Tapatalk. But it's got a battery that would start a Kenworth.

Thanks! We always try to have the rooms ready as early as possible but many guests don't check-out until 2:00 PM and then the housekeepers need that hour to get all the rooms ready.

I stayed here for 12 days recently and will be staying again. Fun, clean and easy going. Perfect for me.

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

Do the rooms have a private shower/toilette ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this place looks really nice for the price, considering staying there but just feel like I'll get spotted with multiple women too easily bc I have regulars in patts haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stayed here for 12 days recently and will be staying again. Fun, clean and easy going. Perfect for me.

Thanks for staying with us and happy to hear you liked it!

Just booked 7 nights in september. Hope to have a great time.

Thank you for your reservation and look forward to meeting you!

Do the rooms have a private shower/toilette ?

Yes, all our rooms have private bathrooms with shower, toilet and sink.

Man this place looks really nice for the price, considering staying there but just feel like I'll get spotted with multiple women too easily bc I have regulars in patts haha

Thank you! Haha! That's always a risk :)

Was looking to stay at WSGH late march 2016 and the price after the PA discount was quoted at 2635 bht? So is 990 baht only for low season? Thanks.

Was looking to stay at WSGH late march 2016 and the price after the PA discount was quoted at 2635 bht? So is 990 baht only for low season? Thanks.

That's strange, our prices are the same all year round. If you send me an e-mail on [email protected] I'll book the room for you.

Would be good to try to figure out what happened though so we can see if there's a problem with the booking engine. Which room and what dates were you looking at and we're you on a computer or phone/tablet?

Thanks!

Johan

That's strange, our prices are the same all year round. If you send me an e-mail on [email protected] I'll book the room for you.

Would be good to try to figure out what happened though so we can see if there's a problem with the booking engine. Which room and what dates were you looking at and we're you on a computer or phone/tablet?

Thanks!

Johan

Thanks for the response and OK now I see its 990 baht when searching on my laptop!! Before I was searching on my smartphone and the book now page looks totally different. Thanks... ill email when I have my exact dates set..

safe and clean. enjoyed my stay the last time i was at pattaya.

too bad it's full for the days i'm in pattaya next week :(