IGNORED

Up to 30% OFF at the Walking Street Guest House

hamlek

I'm staying at the WS Guest House right now.  The room is basic, what I expected and signed up for. 

I'm on the third floor, lots of steps, but I actually like that -- the short time traffic does not go past my door, less noise and more secure.  The staff is courteous, helpful and efficient.

But and a big BUT, the Internet connection is really, really bad.  I must talk to the front desk every time - EVERY TIME - I want to log onto the internet.  Makes those three flights of stairs a lot less convenient.

Now the problem is not the internet -- front desk computer is always connected as it is a direct cable.

The WiFi is not the problem, my computer and phone are able to hit at least two of the five WiFi nodes at all times  --  which two depends on where I am in the building, so it is clear that the management has adequate drop points to overcome the signal loss caused by interference from the building structure -- kudos to them for that. 

The problem is most likely the connection between the Internet modem and the WiFi routers.  Probably a bad cable or plug ports.  And talking to the staff, this is an ongoing issue. 

I've sent an email to Johan, who I see is an active member on the board.  Problems occur, I understand.  The test is how it is resolved.  Having the staff jiggle the wires until I get a connection is not a very good solution in my opinion.

I'll see what happens and give an updated post.

7 minutes ago, salparadise said:

I'm staying at the WS Guest House right now.  The room is basic, what I expected and signed up for. 

I'm on the third floor, lots of steps, but I actually like that -- the short time traffic does not go past my door, less noise and more secure.  The staff is courteous, helpful and efficient.

But and a big BUT, the Internet connection is really, really bad.  I must talk to the front desk every time - EVERY TIME - I want to log onto the internet.  Makes those three flights of stairs a lot less convenient.

Now the problem is not the internet -- front desk computer is always connected as it is a direct cable.

The WiFi is not the problem, my computer and phone are able to hit at least two of the five WiFi nodes at all times  --  which two depends on where I am in the building, so it is clear that the management has adequate drop points to overcome the signal loss caused by interference from the building structure -- kudos to them for that. 

The problem is most likely the connection between the Internet modem and the WiFi routers.  Probably a bad cable or plug ports.  And talking to the staff, this is an ongoing issue. 

I've sent an email to Johan, who I see is an active member on the board.  Problems occur, I understand.  The test is how it is resolved.  Having the staff jiggle the wires until I get a connection is not a very good solution in my opinion.

I'll see what happens and give an updated post.

I have stayed in another place with same problem the technician came to check cabling and it had been gnawed by mice so was rerun.

I promised updates as the situation progresses.  Here is the first.

Johan (owner) responded to my email, with some background information on his past efforts to deal with the situation, and the next steps he is planning to take, including getting another IT company (one of several) to take a look at the issue.  A good positive initiative by him.

When I returned to the Guest House this afternoon after a few turns around the EZ-Kart track (always a good time, and a reasonable walk from the Guest House -- another plus for the WSGH) the Front Desk stopped me and said that Johan wanted to update me personally.  She called, Johan was not available at that moment, but another manager was able to pass on his message.  They really seem to be trying to keep me in the loop.

Short synopsis is the IT people are recommending an upgrade.

The real test is availability.  Yesterday when I came back from lunch, no internet, but I was too tired to hoof it back down.  Last night in the evening the internet was available.  Since then I have been able to get access at will.

Today, no problems at all.

Of course, intermittent problems are always the hardest to figure out, but there is a real effort being made by the ownership.  Thank you.

There are good and bad things about being the bastard who makes complaints.

The good: when making a complaint in a quality organization, (assuming the complaint is with merit and specific) you get results.

The bad: you loose your anonymity -- for the last three days almost every time I've gone past the front desk during daytime hours someone has talked to me about the internet, the steps they are taking, etc.  (I know, this is really not a negative, as they are just trying to make sure the problem is dealt with.)

After a nap this afternoon, (during which there was an unusual amount of activity, people working, a hammerdrill -- not a complaint, just descriptive, it was daytime working hours --  when I am tired, I can sleep through it all) I got up to check news, email, etc. and discovered that I couldn't even reach the WiFi (previously the WiFi was always there, it just was not linking to the internet).  And just a few hours after I had just sent a nice email to Johan.

I headed out to get some food and was stopped at the desk by one of the ladies who manages Sweethearts Agogo (the WSGH and Sweethearts are affiliated) and she told me that they were almost done with the upgrade (explains the noise), and if the internet was not working when I came back, to come talk to her in the agogo.  Yet more personalized service; I'm not used to this.

After a complete upgrade (new drop points for the WiFi, more bandwidth, some other hardware, and possibly a new internet service provider) it seems all is well.

OK, what else can I say; If you are looking for convenience to Walking Street on a budget stay at the WS Guest House.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
We normally consider it to be low season between 1 May and 31 October so for reservations during those months please use the “LOWSEASON” promo code (20% discount) and for the rest of the year "ILOVEPA" (15% discount).
Hello@hamlek, is the price on the website already including tax & fees? Thanks

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

Hello@hamlek, is the price on the website already including tax & fees? Thanks

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Hello! Yes sir, taxes and fees are included.

Hello! Yes sir, taxes and fees are included.
Thanks hamlek, I booked the standard room.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

Thanks hamlek, I booked the standard room.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Great! Thank you for your reservation.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

is there security on door or can i just goto room without issues

5 hours ago, nova2727 said:

is there security on door or can i just goto room without issues

To get into your room you need the keycard for the door to the hallway and the key for the door to your room.

15 hours ago, mr.oz said:

Is this guest house friendly with Ladyboys? and if there will be 3rd guest, there will be an extra fee?

Hello! If you're staying alone you're welcome to bring guests to your room and there is no extra charge.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody! First of all I want to thank all of you members who stay with us and also all of you who for one reason or another don't stay with us (expats, prefer another location, prefer a place with swimming pool etc.) but still recommend us to other people. We really appreciate your support!

We've received quite a bit of feedback on the 15% discount we give to Pattaya Addicts members. Mainly that you don't get any extra discount in low season when many of you come. It's a fair point so we've decided to change it. Unfortunately the software we use is not very good for setting up promotions so the code system will be slightly more complicated but the discount system we believe will be more fair. Starting from today we will give 30% discount in low season (May to October) and still 15% discount in high season (November to April).

Codes (stay dates, not booking dates):

Now until 30 April 2018  -  PAHIGH1718

1 May 2018 until 31 October 2018  -  PALOW18

1 November 2018 until 30 April 2019  -  PAHIGH1819

1 May 2019 until 31 October 2019  -  PALOW19

Etc.

If you've already booked with us for this upcoming low season please just send me an email or a pm and we'll apply the new discount to your reservation.

Thanks!

Johan

Edited by hamlek

• 3 weeks later...

The code ILOVEPA does not work with errorThere are no rooms available for the Promotional Code: ILOVEPA

Code  PAHIGH1819 does not work either

Edited by baoga
Add more error

2 minutes ago, baoga said:

The code does not work with errorThere are no rooms available for the Promotional Code: ILOVEPA

Hello! We changed the codes earlier this year (post #264) so please use one of these codes (stay dates):

1 May 2018 until 31 October 2018  -  PALOW18

Thank you for wanting to stay with us!

Code  PAHIGH1819 does not work either with no error, all the rooms shown "SOLD" for the moth Novemver 2018

• 3 months later...

I recently stayed at The Walking Street Guesthouse as a friend of mine was having his Birthday in Atlantis Agogo, I stayed in the superior back room.

In the middle of all the entertainment areas, Bars, Gogos, restaurants and Discos

The room had 2 x 32-inch flat screen TVs, 2 x fans, good air conditioning, large clean bathroom with nice hot shower, large comfortable bed, good size safe big enough for my laptop, fast free WI-FI, wardrobe and sofa, also has a kitchenette with sink, refrigerator, microwave, kettle, plates, coffee mugs etc, staff were friendly and helpful and will definitely stay there again.

G

IMG_1605_zpssqj4xujx.jpg

IMG_1606_zpsrqodxyo1.jpg

IMG_1611_zps28euv3ph.jpg

IMG_1603_zpsizbsum2q.jpg

IMG_1611_zps28euv3ph.jpg

IMG_1618_zps3e68bntr.jpg

IMG_1623_zpsnpa8phsl.jpg

IMG_1622_zpsbi37szbh.jpg

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

12 minutes ago, Big G said:

I recently stayed at The Walking Street Guesthouse as a friend of mine was having his Birthday in Atlantis Agogo, I stayed in the superior back room.

In the middle of all the entertainment areas, Bars, Gogos, restaurants and Discos

The room had 2 x 32-inch flat screen TVs, 2 x fans, good air conditioning, large clean bathroom with nice hot shower, large comfortable bed, good size safe big enough for my laptop, fast free WI-FI, wardrobe and sofa, also has a kitchenette with sink, refrigerator, microwave, kettle, plates, coffee mugs etc, staff were friendly and helpful and will definitely stay there again.

G

IMG_1605_zpssqj4xujx.jpg

IMG_1606_zpsrqodxyo1.jpg

IMG_1611_zps28euv3ph.jpg

IMG_1603_zpsizbsum2q.jpg

IMG_1611_zps28euv3ph.jpg

IMG_1618_zps3e68bntr.jpg

IMG_1623_zpsnpa8phsl.jpg

IMG_1622_zpsbi37szbh.jpg

Thank you for staying with us Big G, and for the kind review. Hope to catch you for a beer next time you're in town.

• 1 month later...

Coming Nov 19-27th and your superior rooms look perfect, but unfortunately booked during this busy week.  Any similar places nearby you recommend, might just go back to Jasmine but hoping for something slightly nicer, but still on walk street and doesnt mind a parade of joiners.

Maybe ill switch over back here for the second half when there are a couple of days available.

10 hours ago, hkpatrol said:

Coming Nov 19-27th and your superior rooms look perfect, but unfortunately booked during this busy week.  Any similar places nearby you recommend, might just go back to Jasmine but hoping for something slightly nicer, but still on walk street and doesnt mind a parade of joiners.

Maybe ill switch over back here for the second half when there are a couple of days available.

I know some people like P72 and some Grand hotel, otherwise we have a standard A room available from the 20th to 27th if you want.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2015 at 07:52, hamlek said:

Hi Guys! Just wanted to let you know that our expansion of Walking Street Guest House (guest house above Sweethearts A Gogo and Palace on Walking Street) now is finished and the rooms are ready if someone is looking for good quality, guest friendly, budget accommodation in the middle of the action. We ended up with 5 different room types (thanks again for all the valuable feedback in the other thread). Room types and rates below and you're welcome to contact me via PM on here or through our website www.walkingstreetguesthouse.com or Facebook page www.facebook.com/WalkingStreetGuestHouse if you want to book a room. Hope you like how the rooms turned out! Johan

Good news for any of you PA members wanting to stay with us! We're now giving a 15% discount to PA members,

All you have to do is type or paste ILOVEPA in the promotion code box on the booking form and the price automatically adjusts to give you the 15% discount. The booking for is here

http://walkingstreetguesthouse.com/book-now/

Budget Room  -  590 baht/night
Small but cosy 13 sqm rooms with large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32” flat screen TV and a little balcony. These rooms are on the side of the building so are quiet but have no view.

budget 3.jpg

budget 1.jpg

Standard Room Type A  -  690 baht/night
Comfortable 16 sqm rooms with a large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32” flat screen TV and a little balcony. These rooms are on the side of the building so are quiet but have no view.

standard type a 3.jpg

standard type a 2.jpg

Standard Room Type B  -  690 baht/night
A good layout makes these rooms feel bigger than their 13 sqm. These rooms have a large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32” flat screen TV and a wardrobe. These very quiet rooms are on the inside of the building and have no windows or balconies.

standard type b 3.jpg

Superior Room Front  -  990 baht/night
Big 24 sqm rooms facing Walking Street which are great for people watching from the balcony, but can also be a bit noisy. These rooms have a large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32” flat screen TV, wardrobe, sofa, coffee table and a kitchenette with microwave, kettle, sink, plates, bowls, mugs etc.

superior front 2.jpg

superior front 1.jpg

Superior Room Back  -  990 baht/night
Big 27 sqm rooms at the back of the building which are quieter but don’t have much of a view. These rooms have a large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32” flat screen TV, wardrobe, sofa, coffee table and a kitchenette with microwave, kettle, sink, plates, bowls, mugs etc.

superior back 4.jpg

superior back 1.jpg

the code dosent seem to work anymore

9 hours ago, Hjernestimulanz said:

the code dosent seem to work anymore

Codes updated as per post #264.

Etc.

• Thanks 1