Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Up to 30% OFF at the Walking Street Guest House

hamlek

Even the 24 sq meter room is small, and it's supposed to be of superior class.

I guess it's a good deal if you like WS. IMHO it's not a good location.

990 is a guest house price?

If you don't like staying on Walking Street our rooms are obviously not for you but some people do and do you know somewhere on Walking Street where they can get a brand new room with these amenities for 990 baht/night (or 891 as it is for Addicts Members) that is bigger and better or is your only issue that we use the words "superior room" and "guest house"?

Edited by hamlek

If you don't like staying on Walking Street our rooms are obviously not for you but some people do and do you know somewhere on Walking Street where they can get a brand new room with these amenities for 990 baht/night (or 891 as it is for Addicts Members) that is bigger and better or is your only issue that we use the words "superior room" and "guest house"?

Nope

• Like 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

As a "Guesthouse" do you supply soap, toiletpaper etc?  I booked at brand new Guesthouse in Bukoa and after 15 hrs travel was told that "We are just a "Guesthouse"  and dont supply thiose thing." If I knew prior Id pick some of that stuff on the way I suppose but the last thing I want to do is dick around with that kind of stuff after travelling so far! Im assuming this was an anomaly as its never happened before.

I love the fact that you have a brand new guest house, i bet your aircon is perfect, you gotta book on that basis alone. We are all sick of budget accom with poor aircon..

I fancy the rooms facing Walking Street, i dont worry about the noise at all, and a birds eye view of the street will be very interesting.

OK!  i better make a booking later today, best wishes from Charlie

As a "Guesthouse" do you supply soap, toiletpaper etc?  I booked at brand new Guesthouse in Bukoa and after 15 hrs travel was told that "We are just a "Guesthouse"  and dont supply thiose thing." If I knew prior Id pick some of that stuff on the way I suppose but the last thing I want to do is dick around with that kind of stuff after travelling so far! Im assuming this was an anomaly as its never happened before.

If you look at the photo's on the first page you can see the toilet paper and bottles of soap!

post-82617-0-54689200-1426397497.png

If you look at the photo's on the first page you can see the toilet paper and bottles of soap!

attachicon.gifwsg.PNG

fair enough... wanted too confirm with the operator...

fair enough... wanted too confirm with the operator...

It`s always a good idea to stop off at a 7/11 or the like on the way from airport or wherever for supplies,saves time doing it after arrival,and even if they do have it in your guesthouse you will most likely need a another supply before you leave.

Yes sir, soap, shampoo, toilet paper and two bottles of water. The reason we call it guest house as supposed to hotel is that we don't have pool, restaurant, room service, elevator/lift, lobby and things like that that you'd expect in a hotel.

I love the fact that you have a brand new guest house, i bet your aircon is perfect, you gotta book on that basis alone. We are all sick of budget accom with poor aircon..

I fancy the rooms facing Walking street, i dont worry about the noise at all, and a birds eye view of the street will be very interesting.

OK!  i better make a booking later today, best wishes from Charlie

Wow, looks like much better value than the dump where I stayed in January.  Will certainly keep this place in mind for my next trip.

Thanks Charlie and dawg73, that's how we hope to attract guests, by keeping everything clean, well maintained and working properly which, as you pointed out, is not something you can take for granted in many places in this price range, especially not on Walking Street.

very nice. i have stayed there a few years ago.. and liked it....... and now.. WOW .. Great job !!!!

Hamlek, might help to put a link in your signature, 90% of people from now on are not going to read the first 2 pages of this thread where the link is available! 

How about free condoms in the rooms!? :rolleyes:

Skojar bara!  :wink:

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Plahgat

If you are going to throw in free condoms, you might as well throw in a can of your best Surstromming!

Yes sir, soap, shampoo, toilet paper and two bottles of water. The reason we call it guest house as supposed to hotel is that we don't have pool, restaurant, room service, elevator/lift, lobby and things like that that you'd expect in a hotel.

Thanks Charlie and dawg73, that's how we hope to attract guests, by keeping everything clean, well maintained and working properly which, as you pointed out, is not something you can take for granted in many places in this price range, especially not on Walking Street.

Cool thanks,  I expected so.. As I said.  probably an anomaly from the other place. No big deal, The other place was nice and brand new.  I just didnt have it in my head they would skimp on this and was a bit meh after a long flight etc...

very nice. i have stayed there a few years ago.. and liked it....... and now.. WOW .. Great job !!!!

Thank you jimmyjam!

Hamlek, might help to put a link in your signature, 90% of people from now on are not going to read the first 2 pages of this thread where the link is available! 

Good idea, thanks. I'll start like this and change it to a banner as soon as we get them.

Plahgat

We sell them in the reception :)

If you are going to throw in free condoms, you might as well throw in a can of your best Surstromming!

No way, no surstromming in these rooms!!!!

For those of you who don't know what it is;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vEl6Ey8Gdc

very nice rroms and apartments, directly in the middle of action

Thank you!

Thanks for posting pics. Hotel looks nice.

Thanks!

Cool thanks,  I expected so.. As I said.  probably an anomaly from the other place. No big deal, The other place was nice and brand new.  I just didnt have it in my head they would skimp on this and was a bit meh after a long flight etc...

Yeah, it sounds strange to not provide that.

Happy to hear you like them :)

Here you go sir.

Budget and Standard Type A

attachicon.gifbudget room 3.jpg

attachicon.gifbudget room 4.jpg

Standard Type B

attachicon.gifstandard type b 4.jpg

attachicon.gifstandard type b 5.jpg

Superior

attachicon.gifbathroom superior 2.jpg

attachicon.gifbathroom superior 1.jpg

Can I ask why showers do not have curbs around so that the water does not go every where. Does not seem to be a big deal to do. :ThumbUp6:

Can I ask why showers do not have curbs around so that the water does not go every where. Does not seem to be a big deal to do. :ThumbUp6:

We felt the bathrooms in the budget and standard rooms were too small to do that, in the superior rooms the shower is separate.

superior bathroom.jpg

I think I would take the superior room for a month as my ST room on Walking Street .... Don't need to go to shity ST places on Walking Street ....or to my hotel on Soi Diana .... So .,.wow it would be great ....pick up ibar ...tw o min to the rooms ...couple of hours ...check bin ... Next ....

• Like 2

You have done a great job with the place Johan. Having renovated here as well I know it was no small task. 

Thanks Al and good to see you last night! Yes, construction work here doesn't always go as smoothly as you might like it to... Your place turned out very nice too though.

I think I would take the superior room for a month as my ST room on walking street .... Don't need to go to shity ST places on walking street ....or to my hotel on Soi Diana .... So .,.wow it would be great ....pick up ibar ...tw o min to the rooms ...couple of hours ...check bin ... Next ....

Haha! That sounds like a great plan Ray and hopefully I'm in better shape when you get back so I can spend more time with you.

All the easier to watch your TG shower!!!

Edited by Bernie Num Nums
  • Like 2
        You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted

Do you take a shower or spray the garden ......

Hi Hamlek. This is just the place I've been lookin' for! I was gonna splurge big time with something like the Marriott or Baraquda but being right in the middle of WS and also being brand new WSGH looks like it fits the bill perfectly. I'll even save a few baht too!

Couple of questions. (Apologies if they seem a bit "direct")

• WiFi - Is it really strong in the front superior rooms? How many strength bars (1-5) on a laptop/phone? I sometimes have to work at weird hours (I'm on call) by logging on remotely and it's really frustrating if it's always cutting in & out. Or is a wired LAN connection available in the rooms? How many MB is the connection to the internet? This is a big point for me.

• My idea of a hot shower is a hot shower - up to four times a day. Not a luke warm or mildly hot but a hot shower every time. Are the showers hot?

• I see there are fans in each superior room (and yes I did read it) but are they actually airconditioned?

• Is there a night time security guard to hold and record my latest girl's ID card?

• Do both the TV's in the superior rooms have cable? If so what cable service is it? Is it decent reception? Everywhere I have stayed in Pattaya have had cable but half the channels are unwatchable due to poor reception or not in English.

• Do you have late checkout? My flight doesn't leave till 10:00PM so I wont leave Pattaya till 4:00PM for Swampy. (I want to maximise my mongering time).

• I want to book for July - Can I leave a deposit or do you require the entire amount be paid?

• Can you arrange a pick-up from Bangkok hotel and then at the end of my trip to the Airport (Swampy) that is not an Ayrton Senna wannabe and won't try and kill me?

Sorry to sound so pedantic and yes I realize it is budget accommodation but I only get to Pattaya once a year and I don't want to be annoyed by little niggles with my room. Thanks in advance for answers and looking forward to staying there in July!!

Edited by Bernie Num Nums
        You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted