IGNORED

Up to 30% OFF at the Walking Street Guest House

hamlek

I love the fact that you have a brand new guest house, i bet your aircon is perfect, you gotta book on that basis alone. We are all sick of budget accom with poor aircon..

I fancy the rooms facing Walking street, i dont worry about the noise at all, and a birds eye view of the street will be very interesting.

OK!  i better make a booking later today, best wishes from Charlie

How right you are Charlie, the guesthouses (with the exception of Canterbury Tales) in the Soi Buckao, Soi Diana area have the aircon fixed so it blows out little air and you have to use the fan.

This is obviously to keep their electric bill down.

All the easier to watch your TG shower!!!

Many of our guests want to do more than watch and that's when small showers become really inconvenient ;-)

Hi Hamlek. This is just the place I've been lookin' for! I was gonna splurge big time with something like the Marriott or Baraquda but being right in the middle of WS and also being brand new WSGH looks like it fits the bill perfectly. I'll even save a few baht too!

Couple of questions. (Apologies if they seem a bit "direct")

• WiFi - Is it really strong in the front superior rooms? How many strength bars (1-5) on a laptop/phone? I sometimes have to work at weird hours (I'm on call) by logging on remotely and it's really frustrating if it's always cutting in & out. Or is a wired LAN connection available in the rooms? How many MB is the connection to the internet? This is a big point for me.

• My idea of a hot shower is a hot shower - up to four times a day. Not a luke warm or mildly hot but a hot shower every time. Are the showers hot?

• I see there are fans in each superior room (and yes I did read it) but are they actually airconditioned?

• Is there a night time security guard to hold and record my latest girl's ID card?

• Do both the TV's in the superior rooms have cable? If so what cable service is it? Is it decent reception? Everywhere I have stayed in Pattaya have had cable but half the channels are unwatchable due to poor reception or not in English.

• Do you have late checkout? My flight doesn't leave till 10:00PM so I wont leave Pattaya till 4:00PM for Swampy. (I want to maximise my mongering time).

• I want to book for July - Can I leave a deposit or do you require the entire amount be paid?

• Can you arrange a pick-up from Bangkok Hotel and then at the end of my trip to the Airport (Swampy) that is not an Ayrton Senna wannabe and won't try and kill me?

Sorry to sound so pedantic and yes I realize it is budget accommodation but I only get to Pattaya once a year and I don't want to be annoyed by little niggles with my room. Thanks in advance for answers and looking forward to staying there in July!!

Happy to hear that!

WiFi - Just checked and on my phone I have full signal or 1 down from full signal wherever I go in the guest house. The place isn't that big and we have 4 routers (extenders?).

Showers - Yes, they're hot. Each shower has it's own heater as opposed to the central systems some places use.

Aircons - Yes, all rooms have aircon, and fan.

Taking ID - That's not something we normally do and there's no security guard but the reception is open 24 hours and they can scan the girls ID for you if you ask them to.

TVs - Yes, both the TVs in the superior rooms have cable and it's from Sophon and the reception is good.

Late check-out - Subject to availability.

Payment terms - We require the entire amount to be paid on reservation but we have fairly generous cancellation terms (100% refund (minus PayPal's charges) if cancelled more than 1 week before arrival. First night plus PayPal's charges will be charged if cancelled 1 week before arrival or less. No refund for no-show.).

Taxis - We recommend Mr T to our guests but we don't book for them.

No problem, I understand you want to have a good holiday. Hope I answered your questions to your satisfaction.

Just a quick question, i've booked for next month- i'll arrive before check in. Is it possible to leave luggage somewhere until room is ready?

Work hard, play hard

These rooms look spot on to me.Great job.I can imagine they will be very popular.Defo on my shortlist for August,though I suspect the superior rooms could be hard to get.

Just a quick question, i've booked for next month- i'll arrive before check in. Is it possible to leave luggage somewhere until room is ready?

Yes, if your room is not ready when you arrive you can leave your luggage here until it is.

These rooms look spot on to me.Great job.I can imagine they will be very popular.Defo on my shortlist for August,though I suspect the superior rooms could be hard to get.

Thank you! Yes, we've had quite a few reservations for the superior rooms already.

Rooms look great

I have to try a superior balcony room facing WS for next visit.

I have just put in a reservation request.

Hope room is available...

Just booked for July. Couldn't get a front facing superior but a back one will do.

Super easy booking - Johan just sends you a Paypal invoice and you pay it. 

You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted

These rooms look great for the location. 

Will hit you up next time I'm in town.

On a side note, wtf's up w/this "have to view another topic before doing anything else" popup? First time I've been here in a long time...I just wanted to check this thread out since I saw it in my email. I don't care if you're an affiliate of Agoda or booking...congrats, please don't force me to read your thread on it...put it in your sig or something.

I've been a member for a while, contributed, and donated before. I'd rather decide what I want to read, thanks.

kanchanapattayadispensary1.jpg

Looks like great value, I will be booking for tomorrow and use this as a base to firstly do a bit of the obvious and then venture out looking for full time accom.

Good job on the rooms.

Rooms look great

I have to try a superior balcony room facing WS for next visit.

I have just put in a reservation request.

Hope room is available...

Just booked for July. Couldn't get a front facing superior but a back one will do.

Super easy booking - Johan just sends you a Paypal invoice and you pay it. 

Happy to hear you like the rooms guys and thank you for you reservations!

These rooms look great for the location. 

Will hit you up next time I'm in town.

On a side note, wtf's up w/this "have to view another topic before doing anything else" popup? First time I've been here in a long time...I just wanted to check this thread out since I saw it in my email. I don't care if you're an affiliate of agoda or booking...congrats, please don't force me to read your thread on it...put it in your sig or something.

I've been a member for a while, contributed, and donated before. I'd rather decide what I want to read, thanks.

Thanks!

I hear you but not my doing, nor agoda's or booking's I think.

Looks like great value, I will be booking for tomorrow and use this as a base to firstly do a bit of the obvious and then venture out looking for full time accom.

Good job on the rooms.

Thank you Mr Smith and just confirm that you will be coming tomorrow and we will reserve that room for you.

Wow definatly giving this place a try

Hi Guys! Just wanted to let you know that our expansion of Walking Street Guest House (guest house above Sweethearts A Gogo and Palace on Walking Street) now is finished and the rooms are ready if someone is looking for good quality, guest friendly, budget accommodation in the middle of the action. We ended up with 5 different room types (thanks again for all the valuable feedback in the other thread). Room types and rates below and you're welcome to contact me via PM on here or through our website www.walkingstreetguesthouse.com or Facebook page www.facebook.com/WalkingStreetGuestHouse if you want to book a room. Hope you like how the rooms turned out! Johan

Good news for any of you PA members wanting to stay with us! We're now giving 10% discount to PA members, just write in the message box on the booking form (www.walkingstreetguesthouse.com/book-now/) that you're a PA member and what your board name is.

Budget Room  -  590 baht/night
Small but cosy 13 sqm rooms with large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32” flat screen TV and a little balcony. These rooms are on the side of the building so are quiet but have no view.

Standard Room Type A  -  690 baht/night
Comfortable 16 sqm rooms with a large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32” flat screen TV and a little balcony. These rooms are on the side of the building so are quiet but have no view.

Standard Room Type B  -  690 baht/night
A good layout makes these rooms feel bigger than their 13 sqm. These rooms have a large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32” flat screen TV and a wardrobe. These very quiet rooms are on the inside of the building and have no windows or balconies.

Superior Room Front  -  990 baht/night
Big 24 sqm rooms facing Walking Street which are great for people watching from the balcony, but can also be a bit noisy. These rooms have a large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32” flat screen TV, wardrobe, sofa, coffee table and a kitchenette with microwave, kettle, sink, plates, bowls, mugs etc.

Superior Room Back  -  990 baht/night
Big 27 sqm rooms at the back of the building which are quieter but don’t have much of a view. These rooms have a large bed, aircon, hot water, safe (big enough to fit a laptop), free high speed Wi-Fi, refrigerator, 32” flat screen TV, wardrobe, sofa, coffee table and a kitchenette with microwave, kettle, sink, plates, bowls, mugs etc.

Last night I used one of those new rooms for an ST and it was very cramped with a very minimal bathroom, smaller than the old rooms on the right-hand side and not worth the 390 baht.

Next time I will again use Majestic rooms, above Fahrenheit A-GoGo, at 400 baht; nicer rooms and friendlier staff.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Last night I used one of those new rooms for an ST and it was very cramped with a very minimal bathroom, smaller than the old rooms on the right-hand side and not worth the 390 baht.

Next time I will again use Majestic rooms, above Fahrenheit A-GoGo, at 400 baht; nicer rooms and friendlier staff.

I didn't think they had rooms for 390B!

I didn't think they had rooms for 390B!

Their ST rooms are 390 baht now; used to be 350 baht until recently.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

Their ST rooms are 390 baht now; used to be 350 baht until recently.

So you did not use the new guest house rooms?

So you did not use the new guest house rooms?

Do you really think they have separate rooms for ST and LT ?

The older rooms are on the right-hand side of the building.

The new rooms are on the left-hand side of the building and that is where I was sent last night.

Is that so difficult to understand ?

As a "Guesthouse" do you supply soap, toiletpaper etc?  I booked at brand new Guesthouse in Bukoa and after 15 hrs travel was told that "We are just a "Guesthouse"  and dont supply thiose thing." If I knew prior Id pick some of that stuff on the way I suppose but the last thing I want to do is dick around with that kind of stuff after travelling so far! Im assuming this was an anomaly as its never happened before.

If you look at the photo's on the first page you can see the toilet paper and bottles of soap!

attachicon.gifwsg.PNG

Also a small piece of soap is provided.

I did not check the fridge last night, but at the old rooms also two complimentary bottles of water were provided.

Thank you jimmyjam!

Good idea, thanks. I'll start like this and change it to a banner as soon as we get them.

We sell them in the reception :)

No way, no surstromming in these rooms!!!!

For those of you who don't know what it is;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vEl6Ey8Gdc

Thank you!

Thanks!

Yeah, it sounds strange to not provide that.

Is surströmming some rotten kind of maatjes ?

That being said some hotels also ban durians from their lifts.

I think I would take the superior room for a month as my ST room on walking street .... Don't need to go to shity ST places on walking street ....or to my hotel on Soi Diana .... So .,.wow it would be great ....pick up ibar ...tw o min to the rooms ...couple of hours ...check bin ... Next ....

This guesthouse is a ST place on Walking Street.

Hi Hamlek. This is just the place I've been lookin' for! I was gonna splurge big time with something like the Marriott or Baraquda but being right in the middle of WS and also being brand new WSGH looks like it fits the bill perfectly. I'll even save a few baht too!

Couple of questions. (Apologies if they seem a bit "direct")

• WiFi - Is it really strong in the front superior rooms? How many strength bars (1-5) on a laptop/phone? I sometimes have to work at weird hours (I'm on call) by logging on remotely and it's really frustrating if it's always cutting in & out. Or is a wired LAN connection available in the rooms? How many MB is the connection to the internet? This is a big point for me.

• My idea of a hot shower is a hot shower - up to four times a day. Not a luke warm or mildly hot but a hot shower every time. Are the showers hot?

• I see there are fans in each superior room (and yes I did read it) but are they actually airconditioned?

• Is there a night time security guard to hold and record my latest girl's ID card?

• Do both the TV's in the superior rooms have cable? If so what cable service is it? Is it decent reception? Everywhere I have stayed in Pattaya have had cable but half the channels are unwatchable due to poor reception or not in English.

• Do you have late checkout? My flight doesn't leave till 10:00PM so I wont leave Pattaya till 4:00PM for Swampy. (I want to maximise my mongering time).

• I want to book for July - Can I leave a deposit or do you require the entire amount be paid?

• Can you arrange a pick-up from Bangkok Hotel and then at the end of my trip to the Airport (Swampy) that is not an Ayrton Senna wannabe and won't try and kill me?

Sorry to sound so pedantic and yes I realize it is budget accommodation but I only get to Pattaya once a year and I don't want to be annoyed by little niggles with my room. Thanks in advance for answers and looking forward to staying there in July!!

Cold showers are much healthier than hot showers and they will also make you sweat less.

Wow definatly giving this place a try

Do you really think they have separate rooms for ST and LT ?

We do, the second floor on the right hand side and the second and third floor on the left hand side are used only for long time and short time guests do not have access to them.

Also a small piece of soap is provided.

I did not check the fridge last night, but at the old rooms also two complimentary bottles of water were provided.

Correct, every room should have a soap bar, Liquid soap, shampoo, toilet paper and 2 bottles of water.

Is surströmming some rotten kind of maatjes ?

That being said some hotels also ban durians from their lifts.

I think they're both herring but surströmming is fermented and maatjes they've done something else to haven't they!?

This guesthouse is a ST place on Walking Street.

Half of it is, the other half is long time. Sorry to hear you didn't like our new rooms, if you visit us again just ask to get on of the old rooms if you prefer them.

We do, the second floor on the right hand side and the second and third floor on the left hand side are used only for long time and short time guests do not have access to them.

Correct, every room should have a soap bar, liquid soap, shampoo, toilet paper and 2 bottles of water.

I think they're both herring but surströmming is fermented and maatjes they've done something else to haven't they!?

Half of it is, the other half is long time. Sorry to hear you didn't like our new rooms, if you visit us again just ask to get on of the old rooms if you prefer them.

I have been there many times, only for STs, and I have been on all floors, also the second floor on the right-hand side.

Correct, every room should have a soap bar, liquid soap, shampoo, toilet paper and 2 bottles of water.

Thank you for clearing that up :GoldenSmile1:

I have been there many times, only for STs, and I have been on all floors, also the second floor on the right-hand side.

After we finished all the new rooms and started doing long times a month ago?

Thank you for clearing that up :GoldenSmile1:

:)

After we finished all the new rooms and started doing long times a month ago?

:)

I found the “old” ST rooms decent enough for the purpose, with a small wardrobe and the possibility of watching your belongings through the opening of the bathroom door.

If I understand well there will be less “old” ST rooms available in the future.

Certainly at the (recently increased) price of 390 baht the “new” ST rooms are not worth the money, much better alternatives.

At 400 baht (only 10 baht more) Majestic rooms, above Fahrenheit A-GoGo, offers much nicer and more spacious rooms with a wardrobe, a bathroom with a see-through window and (less important) a separate toilet.