IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Samed Villas, Garden Superior room.  Very nice.  We were one row back from the water  but since the villas are not directly on the beach it was no loss.  2200 baht a night.  Don't take the speed boat unless you are young, way to bouncy for me and I grew up on the water, when I was much younger.

Joker...

Stayed there myself on one trip it was very nice.

I thought Nam would eventually have to get another driver and I guess this is a good thing as it means here business is doing well. Looking forward to using her service next month. Already booked.

Another happy customer here.  I reserved a pickup from Swampy with Nam over the holidays, and it worked out great. 

Even better was the last minute arrangement she was able to do for the return. With 12 hours notice she was able to

both get me back to Swampy, and continue the trip to drop my travel buddy off at Nana in BKK for the last few days of his trip.

Will definitely use Nam again on my next trip!

Edited by DMustang

Nam at the Beer Garden.  She loves the place...

Joker...

P1060630.JPG

P1060632.JPG

P1060634.JPG

P1060651.JPG

Yea, my Leica lens, good depth of field.  Of course Nam was bothered by having to back up when taking my photos, used to my 14mm.

Joker

A few days ago, The Joker and I helped Nam move from her old room in Pattaya North to a house on the Darkside, much further North, but with very easy access to the Motorway.

Using two cars, it only took one trip, she doesn't own a lot of material things.

On arrival at the new place, of course different minds have different priorities.

Joker and I started unloading, while Nam made a beeline for the ladder i brought. She carried it inside, and put it up under a platform hanging high up on the wall, intending for the house altar. She climbed up and started dusting and then washing it down.

NamMoveHouse-1404.jpg

NamMoveHouse-1410.jpg

Then she unpacked a few precious objects, a small Buddha statue, a photo of her spiritual guide, the now deceased top monk at her temple, a picture of the Buddha she painted a few months ago, and a few fresh flower garlands we bought on the way to the house, the one I bought for my car got commandeered as well...

The objects got carefully installed on the platform.

NamMoveHouse-9603.jpg

In the meantime, the boys had done all the heavy lifting, unloaded the cars, and The Joker had unpacked most of her clothes and put the on clothes hangers in a bedroom. Such dedication...

NamMoveHouse-9597.jpg

After that, Joker and I went out to get a few minor missing details like a fridge and a few comfy big plastic chairs, then Nam went and bought us all some lunch...

NamMoveHouse-9607.jpg

Mission accomplished!

The Joker mentioned Ann, Nam's new back up driver.

Ann has been driving previously for other taxi companies, she drives a good late model Toyota Camry. Nam has been out with her for a trip and approves of her driving style, safety first. The first few customer feedbacks have been positive.

Nam will continue to do as much wok as she can herself, but when it comes to having to turn down a customer because of previous booking or too many bookings on one day to drive safely, now she can at least offer a tested alternative rather then send customers away to try elsewhere.

Ann speaks much less English then Nam, and in my personal very biased opinion, cannot match Nam in style or charm. But safe and reliable, and a woman driver to boot, still a good alternative to unknown male rally drivers who try[  and break speed records.

All future bookings after you had a ride with Ann are still going via Nam, she is in charge, and can make certain your requests are taken down and booked correctly and will be reliably delivered.

Photo, Nam and Ann

NamMoveHouse-9592.jpg

• Like 3

My trip using Nam taxi was right on time and very well done. I get outstanding service yet again. Thank you for a wonderful trip.

She has very nearly matched her busiest month during a very slow July so thank you board members, for getting te word out.

Joker...

If I am able to go on my planned ( and booked) trip for Christmas then Nam will be my first contact for taxi from Soi Nana to VT6 :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

If around Christmas, High season, book well in advance, she gets busy...

OK. Thanks.

I have flights and Condo booked but due to circumstances here am only about 60-40 that I'll actually be able to go.

Don't want to book taxi then change or cancel.

Needed flight and condo booked as they're getting full already. I'll just lose a relatively small amount if I cancel them.

Time in Bangkok depends on friends' plans as well. May end up going straight to Pattaya from airport.

Hope to have things firmed up by end of October!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I used Nam earlier this month. She is a pleasant lady and a safe driver

Hey, guys,

If you make a booking for a pick up, especially from the airport, an for some reason you are not going to make it, maybe cancelled flight, or missed connection in transfer, could you please try and send a message, through email, phone or sms, telling her that you won't make it?

Saturday night, she wasted over five hours, driving to the airport for a pick up at 9.30 pm, waited until midnight, then drove home again, about 800 baht out of pocket..
She doesn't make a huge amount of money, so that hurts.

Please have the courtesy to make an effort, most international airports I think nowadays have internet/email facilities, an creditcard payphones, it may take you some searching, but would save her a lot of time and money, in her relative terms.

And if you stood her up, an apology afterwards would not go amiss.....

Usually she gives her phone number as a habit in the confirmation email, if not, it is most times in her signature.

Hey, guys,

If you make a booking for a pick up, especially from the airport, an for some reason you are not going to make it, maybe cancelled flight, or missed connection in transfer, could you please try and send a message, through email, phone or sms, telling her that you won't make it?

Saturday night, she wasted over five hours, driving to the airport for a pick up at 9.30 pm, waited until midnight, then drove home again, about 800 baht out of pocket..

She doesn't make a huge amount of money, so that hurts.

Please have the courtesy to make an effort, most international airports I think nowadays have internet/email facilities, an creditcard payphones, it may take you some searching, but would save her a lot of time and money, in her relative terms.

And if you stood her up, an apology afterwards would not go amiss.....

Usually she gives her phone number as a habit in the confirmation email, if not, it is most times in her signature.

Sure thing I have booked with Nam for my trip (pick up 08 nov return 28 nov). She asked me to confirm 2 weeks out and that's in my diary.

I will have my UK phone with me when I travel so provided I can get a signal or a wifi connection I will email if I was seriously delayed.

I would also find and pay Nam for showing up and waiting if I couldn't contact her and was a no - show for some reason.

I tried to book Nam for my return trip to airport only a few days ahead in July. I received a quick reply from Nam that she was already booked, but I got an offer to book Ann instead. I accepted and Ann picked me up at the hotel and drove me to the airport. She was a safe driver, even if car was not of the same standard as Nam's Ford. I'm happy with the trip and will try to book Nam & Co again for my winter trip.

• Like 2

Two things that would make a good service even better:

1. When I accepted Ann as a driver I got a confirmation email, but that email did not contain Ann's phone number. I would like to have the phone number to my driver if there is any problem.

2. When using Gmail the email conversations with Nam appear under what I guess is her real name "FirstName LastName". This is a bit confusing, especially if trying to find the mail on a small screen like a phone. I would recommend that she change her name in Gmail to "Nam FirstName LastName" since email is the main contact for her taxi service.

Thank you for your feedback, I'll run it past her next time I see her.

Re #1  She will usually give her number, since Ann's english isn't all that great, in practice, if there would be a problem, usually more effective phoning Nam. She lives with her phone on 24/7, and can contact Ann for you in Thai to help sort whatever needs sorting.

But i will ask her, it may have been an oversight.

Nam does intend to do as much driving herself, but obviously cannot clone herself. Ann seems to be an OK driver, and drives a Camry. I haven't had a ride with her myself, so can only go by what others tell me.

Please keep the feedback going guys.

Bookings have been hectic last few days, but next week is still fairly empty. Except of course Tuesday all day and Wednesday morning.

She will not be working then, because Wednesday is Mothers Day in Thailand, and Tuesday she will be in her village attending the school performance to celebrate Mothers Day. Both to honour her own mother as well as be there as a mother with her own children. Important occasion. Family is very important!

I am in Pattaya now and had Nam pick me up at BKK. Fantastic service as usual. My plane got in a little early but Nam was there waiting. She had 2 bottles of cold water to share with me and also some snacks . It was again a very pleasant ride to Pattaya with the friendly and pleasant Nam , safe and efficient. Its always nice to see her nice smile waiting when I get to the arrival area of the airport.

Edited by simguy_jp
  • Like 2

I travelled with Nam yesterday from airport to patts.

Great lady and cute as a button.

She had me laughing the whole trip.

I've 3 more airport trips in the next month and if she available I'll book all 3 with her.

• Like 3

Cute as a button, can't argue with that...  

Joker...

P1060625.JPG

• Like 2

Cute as a button, can't argue with that...  

Joker...

I'll find out in 3 weeks times, just booked Nam for my next trip airport runs. :)

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

I used Nam /Ann the other week .. my flight was changed out of singapore but had a few hours to kill so managed to get in contact and 

shift the booking forward a few hours ..

It was Ann on the way down and Nam on the way back both very safe drivers and chatty ..

I would not hesitate recommending Nams taxis service to anyone .. I for one will be using her everytime from now on ..

I wish her every success in the world ...