IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

Does anyone have a cheap rental one bed in this condo building (long term)? 

How much is a unit of electricity there? Is it about 5 THB?

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, johnfb43 said:

Read it a bit to quick ... thought you were offering 5Bht to rent a condo for a month ... 

On 01/08/2017 at 2:58 AM, chris2004 said:

How can they be for sale if no one has their chanotes. The sale won't complete without the chanote.

Centara condos are selling without chanotes, i guess people don't realise how important it is

43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Centara condos are selling without chanotes, i guess people don't realise how important it is

Is that second hand condos. How can the sale complete at the Land Office without a change of name on the chanote. Do people just had over the money and are told they "own" the condo ha ha.

7 hours ago, chris2004 said:

Is that second hand condos. How can the sale complete at the Land Office without a change of name on the chanote. Do people just had over the money and are told they "own" the condo ha ha.

Kinda, it's more common than you think, some people don't realise a chanote is required. Land office isn't involved, the condo office must keep track somehow. It's a minefield which will go off sooner or later

8 hours ago, chris2004 said:

What is being sold is the contract to buy a condo, not the condo itself. The names on the developer contract are changed (usually for a fairly high legal fee and developer fee) and the buyer in theory takes over the rights and obligations that the contract provides. The risks also. But at no point does he own the condo until the chanote is issued with his name on it, and that usually involves paying the sinking fund charge and meter installation charges which may not have been made clear to the buyer.

As mentioned, a minefield that I would not touch with someone else's bargepole.

On 8/1/2017 at 2:03 PM, GreyMan said:

Who told you that no one has their Chanote? I have been informed that some definitely have.

On 8/1/2017 at 3:58 AM, chris2004 said:

How can they be for sale if no one has their chanotes. The sale won't complete without the chanote.

Got my chanote at least a year and a half ago 

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/08/2017 at 2:42 AM, johnfb43 said:

Hi there, 

I have a nice 1 bedroom unit available for rent long term at Art on the Hill. 

Electric is at government rate as I already have my Chanote. 

Please pm me if you are interested. 

• 1 month later...

hi all! 

I would like to know how is the situation of the building/issues right now.

I have been visit the condo and it seems in pretty nice conditions. The pool area has been improved, i haven't clearly check the gym, it seems a bit empty but not that bad.

I had quite a nice feeling, the condo seems "alive", i can see different rooms on sale online and by real estates so i was wondering about how is on real the situation right now...

I'm actually considering to buy a studio in there.

If anyone is interested to re-sell plz email me and let's meeting up asap.

Thanks

Hi Mas188

I have my one bedroom condo for sale in AOTH if you would like to see can call me 0824748930

my name is Les.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just read this 35 page multi year report over the last couple of days.

Lots of useful lessons and information regarding Thai real estate and the

minefield that it is. Much thanks to everyone who has contributed as painful

an experience as it was. Being delayed with little information will certainly

cause a huge level of anxiety. But poor build design/quality is actually of higher

concern. It seems not much positive can be said of Matrix but at least it appears

they do eventually build the structure. As I read and ride my scooter around I see

many developments that have not really started but when I check on line they are

still being actively promoted and sold. Total scams. So while there is lots of advice

some the main point I get is if you are going to buy, buy a completed unit. Preferably

one that is at least a couple of years old so that all the warts and blemishes are out in the

open and can be addressed. I hope everything has eventually worked out well for all buyers.

Beautiful condos, great location. Very small, but they look great for vacation rentals/retreats.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone else been hit up for addition sinking fund? management want 12000thb extra due developer miscalculating it? I have even got my chanote yet. 

45 minutes ago, whooshbang said:

Has anyone else been hit up for addition sinking fund? management want 12000thb extra due developer miscalculating it?

12,000B? That's a pretty tiny amount.

1 hour ago, whooshbang said:

Has anyone else been hit up for addition sinking fund? management want 12000thb extra due developer miscalculating it? I have even got my chanote yet. 

I thought sinking fund costs were calculated based upon the size of ones unit. i.e. "x" amount of baht per the amount of sq meters of your unit.

It's a small studio apartment. I paid my sinking fund but they are trying to hit me up for it again.

Is anyone else here being asked to pay it again ? A yes or no will suffice, thanks

4 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

I thought sinking fund costs were calculated based upon the size of ones unit. i.e. "x" amount of baht per the amount of sq meters of your unit.

The sinking fund should be calculated based on the number of voting rights of each unit. There is no hard and fast rule that I know of but the number of voting rights can vary according to the list price of the units, which itself can depend on the size, of course, but also the position in the building (better views from higher floors, or direct pool access on the ground floor etc).

So the more expensive your unit, the more you are likely to pay for the sinking fund contribution for it.

4 hours ago, whooshbang said:

It's a small studio apartment. I paid my sinking fund but they are trying to hit me up for it again.

12,000B is unlikely to be the whole sinking fund. It sounds like an adjustment has been made to the amount, possibly because your unit is slightly larger than it was originally intended to be on the plan. So their excuse of "the builder making a mistake" may well be correct.

Some other co-owners may be due a refund, if their finished units are smaller than originally intended.

6 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

The sinking fund should be calculated based on the number of voting rights of each unit. There is no hard and fast rule that I know of but the number of voting rights can vary according to the list price of the units, which itself can depend on the size, of course, but also the position in the building (better views from higher floors, or direct pool access on the ground floor etc).

So the more expensive your unit, the more you are likely to pay for the sinking fund contribution for it.

At my condo the size is what matters.  Sinking fund, CAM fees, voting and the 49% falang ownership rule was based on sq meters.

Thanks for the replies.... my condo is only a Studio a mere 21.75 Sqm and a 600thb per square meter. 21.75x600 = 13,050thb which i have paid already so god only knows what they want now.....trying on me thinks!

And no one else on here has had and extra bill, well suspect

9 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

At my condo the size is what matters.  Sinking fund, CAM fees, voting and the 49% falang ownership rule was based on sq meters.

The old Condo Act had “ownership of common area” (and thus ratio of expenses and voting rights) defined as original sales price divided by total sales price, which seems to be what @KittenKong describes, so he may be in an older building.

But the amended Condo Act makes ownership of common area be based on unit size (sq. m.) divided by total livable floor area.

8 hours ago, whooshbang said:

Thanks for the replies.... my condo is only a Studio a mere 21.75 Sqm and a 600thb per square meter. 21.75x600 = 13,050thb which i have paid already so god only knows what they want now.....trying on me thinks!

The best to do is to ask the Juristic Office what this extra bill is about.

In my own condo the Juristic Office made a total mess out of things because of sheer incompetence, and I was also asked to pay for things I had already paid, fortunately I had insisted on receipts for everything with clear descriptions and proper dates (for the period I had prepaid management fee).

Also, you really shouldn’t pay anything without having received your title deed.

This is not just to pressure them to get the title deed, but right now you are paying them to manage your building but as a non-owner you have no say in how they are spending the money or any right to see financial reports, monthly expenditure reports, etc.

8 hours ago, whooshbang said:

600 baht per sq meter for the sinking fund is a decent amount and I can't see those funds being depleted since this is a new development.  Sinking funds are supposed to be set aside to pay for future wear and tear on the development such as a new roof, painting, and etc. as the CAM fees usually only cover the normal operating costs of the complex.  Could this additional cost be a special assessment due to the insufficient CAM fees and if so they should have been approved by the owners at the last AGM or an Extraordinary meeting.

1 hour ago, usexpat46 said:

600 baht per sq meter for the sinking fund is a decent amount and I can't see those funds being depleted since this is a new development […]

Some new developments set the management fee too low and just spend the sinking fund to cover the deficit, because management have no clue about proper budgeting.

Also, while Art on the Hill is a new build, it seems to have countless defects. Does the developer fix all this under warranty, or is the management company fixing the mess left by the developer? Because then 600 baht per sq. m.  is nothing if the co-owners ends up paying for all the repairs.

To the OP: You really should get in touch with Juristic Office to get them to clarify the bill, and I would also strongly encourage you to take an interest in the economy of the building, who actually runs it, i.e. do you have a committee? Are general meetings being held? etc.

5 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Could this additional cost be a special assessment due to the insufficient CAM fees and if so they should have been approved by the owners at the last AGM or an Extraordinary meeting.

If chanotes have not yet been issued then I dont see how a GM could be held. Well, not a legal one anyway.

Co-owners could just hold a meeting of interested parties, but it would not have any legal validity and nothing decided at any such meeting could be applied unilaterally to all co-owners.

13 hours ago, whooshbang said:

I wonder if this new request for 12,000B isnt your yearly common fee?

If your unit is only 21+sqm then the 13,050B sinking fund you have already paid sounds about the right amount, and it's unlikely that anyone made a mistake that would need it to be doubled.

Archived