Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

But is it correct that they present themselves as a Juristic Person? Do they have this status? Do they indeed have the authority to charge interest on the overdue payments? Who made this rule?

So that is why I am asking. Maybe I missed the fact and the Juristic Person has been formed indeed for the Art on the Hill and the possible penalties are written in the charter. I thought that the owners should have been informed of the fact at least.

This whole e-mail reads like a threat: Pay me or else...

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please find the attached of the invoice of Common fee 2016 and please make a payment within 31st January, 2016.  If make payment later than 3 months, the Juristic Person has the right to charge you the interest 1 percent per month (or 12 % per annum) if payment delayed than 6 months, we will charge for interest rate 1.66% per month (or 20% per annum).

Both those figures are the standard interest charges as mentioned in the condo act.

Though I dont quite see how they can justify charging that money (or any money) until they have issued the chanotes.

Both those figures are the standard interest charges as mentioned in the condo act.

Though I dont quite see how they can justify charging that money (or any money) until they have issued the chanotes.

Some building can go for years without chanotes being issued, this is common when there are building faults and city hall step in to enforce compliance.

Point is, the common fees are there to run the building, if there is insufficient money collected by juristic then how can the building be managed and run effectively. The first juristic person is put there by the developer, this can be changed by an elected committee. Time to get organised people or the developer will walk all over you guys. However is seems that is underway already if owner are kept in the dark about procedure. Seems kickbacks and inefficiencies will be the name of the game until your finances are scrutinised. 

1% interest per month for late payment is not over the top, they have to make a charge otherwise people would just pay late all the time..I deal with a management company in the UK who manage flats I have in the UK, they give you only 30 days to make full payment after that you are charged 10% per month for late payments..After 3 months they refer it to a firm of solicitors who charge you 200 quid just to send you a warning letter..This 1% is standard in all Matrix complexes, I've owned condos they built in Park Lane and The View..Luckily I've managed to sell them all and would never buy off Matrix again...There build quality is shit plain and simple, I'd advise anyone to avoid this company at all cost, you will not make money trying to buy and sell there units and you will not be happy living in there buildings...(IMHO)

Hi I am experiencing same problem with another one of their project.

What is the project you are experiencing similar problems ?

We have problems at SSB 2 because we still don't have chanotes, however Matrix said that Landoffice in Bangkok has advised Landoffice Chonburi to issue chanotes - but not sure how reliable that information is.

There are around 40 units where keys have been handed over and these units pay management fees because the building needs to be run, until JP is formed the Developer acts as JP, collects the money and in our case Matrix provides a dodgy service, but there is not much you can do about it.

We try to organize ourselves and as soon as chanotes are issued, we wanna form a JP and hopefully get control of it. Sinking fund should be than handed over from Matrix to JP as well, because right now that money is still with Matrix.

I thought chanotes have been issued for AOTH earlier year - why the owners still haven't formed a JP ?

What is the project you are experiencing similar problems ?

We have problems at SSB 2 because we still don't have chanotes, however Matrix said that Landoffice in Bangkok has advised Landoffice Chonburi to issue chanotes - but not sure how reliable that information is.

There are around 40 units where keys have been handed over and these units pay management fees because the building needs to be run, until JP is formed the Developer acts as JP, collects the money and in our case Matrix provides a dodgy service, but there is not much you can do about it.

We try to organize ourselves and as soon as chanotes are issued, we wanna form a JP and hopefully get control of it. Sinking fund should be than handed over from Matrix to JP as well, because right now that money is still with Matrix.

I thought chanotes have been issued for AOTH earlier year - why the owners still haven't formed a JP ?

The bells are not ringing yet in the head...?  :Think1: As long they hold de chanotes ,it is a collateral for them against the bank(s) ...mean time trying to get as much money they can in any way ..... highly cash-flow needed.....when chanote delivered is as collateral losing ..., The of plan buyers are borrowing them money mean time in this way ... :Think1:

All the lines in red are about them grabbing for..... MONEY ........!!

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Hello everyone! I'm going to sell my condo # 616 in AOTH at cost (1.5 MTHB). Mountain (Budha-hill) view. All payments are done. If you're interested in, please, feel free to write me.

See photos of condo: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8mtim88lk2ltrvf/AADrWkcHKcozKYY9wrNADhPRa?dl=0

Good luck. You might want to mention what size it is.

hi guys, i was sold a unit in amazon residence, it was another big fuckin nightmare to add to Amazon Residence su. Do get your mates to join the Amazon Residence Debacle on this forum too. Thanks.

Hello beary ! I'm having a nightmare with Amazon Residence as well & I'm planning to take legal action against them .

Could anyone who bought Amazon Residence share with me more details ? Lets us work together ,please help me !

There's been a few posts lately talking about the Juristic Person, etc. The following link provides the best information based on the current Thai laws and regulations. There is still considerable vagueness, but the link should answer some questions. https://www.samuiforsale.com/other-miscellaneous/condominium-admin-handbook.html#1

Vagueness is the order of the day in Thailand and condo regs are no exception.

The "Juristic Person" is the building. As it is only a legal entity it cant think or act for itself.

So the "Juristic Person Manager" is chosen by vote of co-owners at a GM (general meeting) and represents the building and acts on its behalf. The JPM can be a person or a company. This is the most powerful position in a building and the choice of JPM is very important. In theory the JPM should obey the wishes of the committee and the co-owners, though he has a lot of leeway to do what he wants rather than what they want. If your JPM is a crook then you are well shafted and will find it very hard to get rid of him.

A building may also have a building manager. He is just an employee of the building or the management company and has no real power at all, though he does have quite a lot of scope to steal from the building.

In a brand new building, until the first GM, the developer will designate a JPM and possibly a management company and a building manager. Once the first GM is held then co-owners should decide this for themselves by choosing a JPM and committee, and giving them instructions. The first GM should be held within 6 months of the condominium being registered and it is at this point that co-owners are able to change the way the building is run.

No single voter (real person or company) may hold more than the total of the rest of the votes present put together. So in theory it is always possible to outvote a developer even if more than half the building is unsold. In practice most co-owners dont bother to turn up to meetings or dont vote or dont understand what they are voting about, so it usually isnt very hard for a developer or other large co-owner to maintain control.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone

Good to see this topic is still open.

i have two posts to submit which i hope we can get some interest in..

No1..

I stayed in my condo for the first time in January, only 2 nights but i loved it, i loved the building, the condo and everything that goes with it.

I just wondered after all the years of shit we have had getting to this stage does anyone have anything good to say now?

Matrix have been the problem with lack of communication and the length of time to complete this project.

We have all had a bad experience but now its finished i'm really happy..

The early posts don't do any of us any good if we are looking at selling or renting the condo's so maybe some honest feedback about the completed project is needed.

Maybe others are still having a nightmare, maybe only 2 nights isn't enough time for me to judge the building but it would be good to hear some other comments..

My only problems were the swimming pool area, that grass is a joke and the area up there is big enough to do more with, its a waste of good space.

I'll look forward to reading other peoples experiences!

Me again

No2:

I don't have any curtains!!!

i will be having another 2 nights in January and would really like some curtains.

Anyone on here have any contacts? I don't have the window sizes, i guess all the windows are the same size throughout AOH.

Thank you.

Me again

No2:

I don't have any curtains!!!

i will be having another 2 nights in January and would really like some curtains.

Anyone on here have any contacts? I don't have the window sizes, i guess all the windows are the same size throughout AOH.

Thank you.

On Theprasit road coming from Thapraya rd., left an right side from 1/4 to end road you have many curtain shops .

thanks David, i kinda need a contact with an email address, english speaking.. lol probably no chance hey..

i am only planning a quick stay maybe 2 nights so wanted to try get everything organised from England and get them fitted the day i arrive, i know that sort of organisation could be difficult..

thank you very much for your reply though and hope all is well.

thanks David, i kinda need a contact with an email address, english speaking.. lol probably no chance hey..

i am only planning a quick stay maybe 2 nights so wanted to try get everything organised from England and get them fitted the day i arrive, i know that sort of organisation could be difficult..

thank you very much for your reply though and hope all is well.

Try this ones website ,I used that shop for mine , 2 years ago .... website still working and shop still there as I saw when passing,  lady boss speaks English . Enter website and you can use an email link to ask your needs, shop on Theprasit left side coming from Thappraya approx. half way Theprasit

http://curtainoutlet.co.th/

thumb-thepprasit.jpg

Hello everyone

No1..

I stayed in my condo for the first time in January, only 2 nights but i loved it, i loved the building, the condo and everything that goes with it.

I just wondered after all the years of shit we have had getting to this stage does anyone have anything good to say now?

Matrix have been the problem with lack of communication and the length of time to complete this project.

The early posts don't do any of us any good if we are looking at selling or renting the condo's so maybe some honest feedback about the completed project is needed.

Maybe others are still having a nightmare, maybe only 2 nights isn't enough time for me to judge the building but it would be good to hear some other comments..

My only problems were the swimming pool area, that grass is a joke and the area up there is big enough to do more with, its a waste of good space.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.  For me the location is one of the best in Pattaya, and I really like the condo and never had a problem with it since I have had the keys (other than the delays and poor communication from Matrix).  Remember the temporary staircase that got made in the atrium! my god those were the days, lol. I have friends who have stayed there and like it as well. Which kind of seems contradictive to the thread, lol.  If some more work can be done to the rooftop/swimming area and the coffee shop turned into something useful other than storage area than the place will be awesome.  But thats Matrix for you, for the sake of a few thousand the don't want to finish things off, maybe when we get more control over body corp we can get these things finished.  

Hello everyone

No1..

Count yourself lucky.

They have 3 other projects that have turned out far worse for buyers.

I think the stay clear of matrix advice is still valid

Hi guys,

I've started a new topic called "Grande Caribbean Resort - A Success Story". In the Buy/Sell/Rent section. You're all invited to check it out. I didn't want to hijack this thread with a lot of posts. I'll be monitoring the topic daily to respond to any questions in a timely manner.

Take care.

Hello everyone! I'm going to sell my condo # 616 in AOTH at cost (1.5 MTHB). Mountain (Budha-hill) view. All payments are done. If you're interested in, please, feel free to write me.

See photos of condo: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8mtim88lk2ltrvf/AADrWkcHKcozKYY9wrNADhPRa?dl=0

Might be not the right thread after over 800 replies of people tearing the place down ... 

Might be not the right thread after over 800 replies of people tearing the place down ... 

Good advice Jerry, also considering there are 45,000 apartments for sale in Pattaya, over supply  =   good luck getting your money back...............

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still looking for curtains. I've just bought some from the shop directly opposite Tesco/Outlet on Sukhumvit Road. Good price and they made them and fitted very quickly.

Archived