Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

2 hours ago, med5 said:

like I said I gave up trying any pizza in Pattaya long time ago.

I went through a period of just trying a new pizza place every time just to see if a randomly great pizza would appear - it didn’t. Never had anything similar to Peppina standard. 

2 hours ago, med5 said:

So does Neapolitan pizza exist in Pattaya or at lest somewhere in Chon Buri?

I have ordered a few pizzas in Pattaya that claim to be ‘Naples style’ but they would probably be offensive to a Neapolitan. It has become quite trendy in London to claim to be an authentic  Neapolitan pizzeria but most of them are complete fails (there are a couple in Ealing that are great).

I just eat pizza in Pattaya when I get a craving for it but would find it hard to recommend a place. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, med5 said:

does anyone know a place that serve Neapolitan style pizza

As noted above, Pizza Italy in Boomerang is good. Italian guy who knows what he's doing and operating the proper wood fired oven. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 30/04/2023 at 17:09, George1234 said:

I went through a period of just trying a new pizza place every time just to see if a randomly great pizza would appear - it didn’t. Never had anything similar to Peppina standard. 

Sadly it is so true, no such a thing as “randomly great pizza”.

On 30/04/2023 at 21:05, Thomaz73 said:

As noted above, Pizza Italy in Boomerang is good. Italian guy who knows what he's doing and operating the proper wood fired oven. 

I’ll try it of course but I went to Frankie’s Inn the other day, it’s a good place on the Second Jomtien rd, just across Riviera Ocean Drive skyscraper…..and pizza, well it’s good enough for Pattaya, kind of look like Neapolitan but it’s still not on the taste. I tried “cotto al funghi” for 310baht I think it was(not under) and I thought the price was little bit too high.

It’s about “world index price” for Neapolitan pizza, except this was not…

1 hour ago, med5 said:

I’ll try it of course

Let us know how it goes :)

• Like 1

ICU Sports lounge in tree town, Pizza tasted  very good.

Think it was 300-350b

345469121_168108522874459_3062740168417409731_n.jpg

345664003_927848341824812_8704211031744198417_n.jpg

346033795_3477293315819426_6707005326600389517_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Did a takeaway from the pizza that's being sold out of The Crazy 80s Bar on Buakow.

Not sure if there's an oven out back, more likely an individual off-site who makes the order from a text message and delivers to the bar.

A full 30 minutes, but I thought the pizza was very good. 250b-300b depending on toppings was certainly competitive pricing, and the size felt larger slightly than, say SLICE , or DOMINOS (L).

Best pizza? Probably not but certainly good and better, imo, than say SLICE or Bronx Pizza..... maybe same level as New York Pizza Co, better than Outlaw

Ofc everyone's taste differs, but a convenient option for those in the Buakow area looking for something different.

WIR? certainly 

• Like 2

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

17 minutes ago, tobeornottobe said:

Is the pizza at Korandos any good?

Had it once a few months back for first time.  If you like thin crust it is ok and believe there one day/wk where it a pretty good deal.  

• Like 2

I know this is a pizza thread but as we are talking about food and for those of you that like tasty curry, I like this restaurant on Beech Road called Amritsar. Pic attached, food was amazing! 

A2D0C47C-E9D4-42A1-B181-AB33BEA32CB1.png

Edited by Yogi007
x

28 minutes ago, rioman said:

Had it once a few months back for first time.  If you like thin crust it is ok and believe there one day/wk where it a pretty good deal.  

Tuesdays and Thursdays for the deal I think. 

• Like 3

On 17/04/2023 at 23:46, Gonetothedogs said:

Something has changed at Bronx and I can’t quite put my finger on it…. (Not just the price)

On 18/04/2023 at 00:15, Kale said:

I could be wrong but I think Bronx changed their sauce.  The way they did it before was very labor intensive because they made it from scratch.  If they were going to try cut corners that would probably be the first thing they would change.

On 18/04/2023 at 10:58, The Danimal said:

I agree...pizza/Italian and sushi I feel I have the greatest acute awareness for...somebody should just ask the owner...he's alway more than happy to chat when he's around....3 people can't be worng...it's not like we're debating the rating of a GG girl 

Agreed, something changed at the Bronx some months ago, and not for the better. The pizza used to be salty and gooey and greasy (in a good way), it's now bland and doughy. Imo, they are cutting back on the sauce and the cheese. 

Bronx used to almost always have a mini lineup in the evening, as you had to wait a minute or 2 while they heated up the slices in the oven. There rarely is a lineup now, and there is usually 4 full pizzas (or close to it) in the display window. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wadman said:

Agreed, something changed at the Bronx some months ago, and not for the better. The pizza used to be salty and gooey and greasy (in a good way), it's now bland and doughy. Imo, they are cutting back on the sauce and the cheese. 

The pizza in the window is only partly cooked ...hence the doughy??

I wanted a cold slice and the owner told me no, it needs to go in the oven to finish baking. The thai staff obviously can't communicate this.

45 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

The pizza in the window is only partly cooked ...hence the doughy??

I wanted a cold slice and the owner told me no, it needs to go in the oven to finish baking. The thai staff obviously can't communicate this.

When you order a slice from the pizza in the window, they put it in the oven for right around 1 minute. I don't know how much cooking/baking can really be done in 1 minute. It's just to reheat the pizza at the surface, so you don't get the impression of eating a semi-cold pizza. 

Anyway, my original comment was that imo it tastes "doughy" now, after it's been reheated for that 1 minute. Whereas before it didn't taste doughy, after it's been reheated for 1 minute. 

11 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

Is the pizza at Korandos any good?

Very good, imho. And such a nice place as well. 

13 hours ago, Yogi007 said:

I know this is a pizza thread but as we are talking about food and for those of you that like tasty curry, I like this restaurant on Beech Road called Amritsar. Pic attached, food was amazing! 

A2D0C47C-E9D4-42A1-B181-AB33BEA32CB1.png

Jeez! The funny reactions to this post, Indian food along with chinese is the most popular food in England! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, wadman said:

When you order a slice from the pizza in the window, they put it in the oven for right around 1 minute. I don't know how much cooking/baking can really be done in 1 minute. It's just to reheat the pizza at the surface, so you don't get the impression of eating a semi-cold pizza. 

Anyway, my original comment was that imo it tastes "doughy" now, after it's been reheated for that 1 minute. Whereas before it didn't taste doughy, after it's been reheated for 1 minute. 

Just passing on what the owner said. His words were part baked. Maybe your 1 minute is incorrect. 

Just now, Yogi007 said:

Jeez! The funny reactions to this post, Indian food along with chinese is the most popular food in England! 

But not on a pizza 55

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 07/05/2023 at 19:20, petermik said:

Chill Inn soi Bukhaow......👍

Two weeks ago I ate the Chill Inn pizza.  I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it.  I ordered it on a lark, thinking it would be similar to a frozen pizza, but I was quite satisfied.

Does it rate highly on the list? No. But if you are nearby on pizza night, it is worth a try.

1 hour ago, Yogi007 said:

FIRSTLY ...that's because it doesn't belong there , Start another thread don't talk about here this thread is for PIZZAS ..... COMPREHENDO 

SECONDLY this is about Thailand NOT England 

Edited by onehunglo

1 hour ago, travelling_man said:

Two weeks ago I ate the Chill Inn pizza.  I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it.  I ordered it on a lark, thinking it would be similar to a frozen pizza, but I was quite satisfied.

Does it rate highly on the list? No. But if you are nearby on pizza night, it is worth a try.

Never had the pizza in there, but everything else on the menu is superb. 

1 hour ago, onehunglo said:

FIRSTLY ...that's because it doesn't belong there , Start another thread don't talk about here this thread is for PIZZAS ..... COMPREHENDO 

SECONDLY this is about Thailand NOT England 

No worries, got the message loud and clear

3 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Just passing on what the owner said. His words were part baked. Maybe your 1 minute is incorrect. 

Like I have already Mentioned, the reheating has nothing to do with it. They reheated it before, they are reheating it now. 

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but Hops Brewhouse on Beach Rd. at least used to make quite good pizzas.  I haven't been for a couple of years, and the place has changed hands since then, so grain of salt required.  However, a guy I knew who used to own an Italian restaurant in the Northeastern US (THE epicenter of pizza in America, accept no substitutes!) told me that he thought it was very good at the time.

Edited by Bruce Mangosteen
Corrected to new name
  • Like 2

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.