IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

9 hours ago, Bruce Mangosteen said:

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but Hops Brewhouse on Beach Rd. at least used to make quite good pizzas.

Been about 12 years but was good then.

I continue to wander Central Pattaya to try new to me pizza offerings.

Did a takeaway from the pizza that's being sold out of The Zip Restaurant, Soi Diana across from Harry's and The Nest

A nice menu of choices in the 270 to 300 baht range. A nice professional looking setup makes me think they do sell a fair amount of pizzas

I was messing with my phone as I waited but certainly didn't feel like it took very long to deliver me a nice hot pizza.

Best pizza? Probably not but certainly good and better, imo, than say SLICE or Bronx Pizza..... 

A nice clean restaurant with a pleasant staff.

Ofc everyone's taste differs, but a convenient option for those in the Buakow area looking for something different.

WIR? certainly 

Apologies for no photo of the pie itself, next time.

Screenshot_2023_0708_123032.thumb.jpg.bb919ba59947158b72fc86b72294392c.jpgScreenshot_2023_0708_123008.thumb.jpg.3c17a0f45e04bc029def8d2c8a163460.jpg

• Like 3

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

Thought id add my experiences to this thread. Pics are from my 2022 trip.

Pic 1 - Hops Brewhouse (Cnr soi 13 & beach rd) - Perpperoni extra pepperoni (450 thb)

Imported high quality ingredients, crust was a little lacking but still good. 7/10

Pic 2 - Outlaw Pizza (Lengkee) -  Pepperoni Sausage (can’t remember price) 5/10

Nothing special to be honest, I’d take Bronx over it anyday. When we arrived the owner wasn’t even in, staff must have called him and he arrived, fell & stacked on entry into the restaurant. Pizza was lacklustre, a slight improvement over frozen pizza in a western country. Pass, but only just.

Pic 3 - New York Pizza House (3rd Rd) - Pepperoni & mushroom (can’t remember price) 7/10

Good pie, well balanced from top to bottom. Should have added extra pepperoni, hit the spot though. Recommended.

IMG_0574.jpeg

IMG_0611.jpeg

IMG_0615.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/04/2023 at 02:14, Thomaz73 said:

Bit harsh, mate. Slice is very easy to miss :)

I missed it in my rush to get a pizza for dinner. Ended up in the 'French' restaurant as I was convinced this was Slice.
Reading the comments I didn't order a pizza but went for Lasagna instead which was OK.
On my way back I found Slice and indeed it is easy to miss. Doesn't have much tables to eat.

728x90_Walking_Street_Hotels.jpg.b5f4e61

31 minutes ago, blerkman said:

Ended up in the 'French' restaurant as I was convinced this was Slice

That would be Mama's :) Thought the lasagna was one of the best I've had in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

6 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

That would be Mama's :) Thought the lasagna was one of the best I've had in Thailand. 

Yes you're right, it was Mama's. For Asia it was one of the best, but missed the creamy béchamel sauce.

728x90_Walking_Street_Hotels.jpg.b5f4e61

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/07/2023 at 01:10, tobeornottobe said:

Is the pizza at Korandos any good?

It is pretty bad by any western standards, but at least it's cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, i'm Italian, usually in Thailand i eat pizza only when see italians in the kitchen(not pakistani :D )

never try before in my previous short trip in Pattaya, i'll try next week :P

byteway if you wanna try real italian pizza... can i suggest two places i tried;

one is in Patong Beach - Bucintoro Restaurant in soi banzaan 

other in Bangkok under the Asoke BTS station, it's called "PALA PIZZA ROMANA & BISTROT"

if i rember i'll update next week, with my (italian opinion) 😉

ps, i think you already know..... domino, pizza hut and others.. they sell not pizza!!!!

Edited by marcophuket

2 hours ago, marcophuket said:

Patong Beach...  Bangkok 

Nice. But the thread is about Pattaya. If you find yourself there, try Pizza Italy in Boomerang. Proper Italian style. 

1 hour ago, Thomaz73 said:

Nice. But the thread is about Pattaya. If you find yourself there, try Pizza Italy in Boomerang. Proper Italian style. 

Yep my pizza go to restaurant 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

thanks i'll try!

I've lived in Pattaya for about two years, I've tried to eat in most of the pizzerias here, most of the pizzerias in Pattaya are not tasty to me, usually the dough is dry and there is very little cheese, Pizza Hut is my favorite pizza in Pattaya, they put a lot of cheese and the dough always feels crispy especially the thick dough, I I highly recommend "hookaido chesee" it's my favorite pizza, they put thousand island sauce under the cheese and several types of cheese on top, you can order through them through the apps food panda, grab food and more, they also have wings, pastas, salad dressings and more, if you If you really want to enjoy a pizza, sometimes the big chains are the best, Thailand is not a country that specializes in pizzas or doughs at all.

"Little Brother Pizzaria ตี๋เล็ก" (Privi Hotel), sometimes I see a farang pizzaiolo, sometimes there is an Asian pizzaiola.

Located on second road / corner soi 13/1 opposite Wonderful bar, same same.

The pizzas bread is not bad at all, almost similar of that I use to eat in Italy.

IMG_9370.jpg

Edited by Jakuy7

• 2 weeks later...

Had pizza at Bronx Pizza a few times my last trip. As the name implies they serve US style (specifically NYC). If you like traditional Italian pizza this might not be the place for you. They sell by the slice or the whole pie.

Have only had pizza at one other Pattaya restaurant (Korandos), a small sample. But this pizza reminds me of slices I had forty years ago on a few visits to NYC. Will be returning on my next Pattaya trip.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 27/04/2023 at 15:42, roger buttmore said:

I used to order pizza from Bronx (opposite Sugar Sugar) regularly but since they stopped delivering I stopped ordering.

My new favourite is Outlaw on Soi Leng Kee, close to 3rd Road. I've only had a few pizzas and they were all very tasty, the problem I have is that their 'meat ball and pepperoni hot pockets' are delicious and I keep ordering a couple of those instead.

Local deliveries are free.

https://outlawpizza.business.site/
https://www.facebook.com/outlawpizzathailand/

Just referring to my post of 6 months ago.

The girls working here are great and the food is fine, especially the meatball hot-pocket.

However, since the farang owner seems to be more of a presence these days the feeling of wanting to give him my business has reduced significantly. LINE messages containing paragraphs blaming his girl staff for short-comings or being charged inconsistently, nothing is ever his fault.

A delivery of a large pizza and hotpocket perhaps once a week has reduced to maybe one order a month, if that.

The great thing about Pattaya is there are so many food options and the ability to vote with your feet is always there, which also induces you try to try new places and I'm a regular at other fine establishments now, such as 3Bz (Mexican), which is one minute away from Outlaw.

I just felt the urge to type this and get it of my chest.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so it's not "the best in town". But sometimes I have to let the gf decide. So it was Domino's today. They have an array of new pizzas. And this one called something like 6 cheese and mushroom is surprisingly good. There's one called black bacon whatnot which I'm going to test asap. Might be sacrilege, I know. 

IMG20231029203517.thumb.jpg.89a380a6a0eb2479cf930b82d21f221f.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/10/2023 at 20:37, Thomaz73 said:

not "the best in town". But sometimes I have to let the gf decide

Same today. So I decided to try the "Detroit" option from Pizza Hut with an added small pizza for the GF. The latter was made with this weird pinkish sauce. But she enjoyed it. 

But the "Detroit" one was actually ok. I'm sure anyone with first hand experience would scuff at it (fuck knows I'll never go there.) If you're a generic pizza lover, I would recommend it. 

IMG20231127181621.thumb.jpg.ee64e32ecdd1acc6498653789fcbb29a.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Same today. So I decided to try the "Detroit" option from Pizza Hut 

I like the amount of pepperoni on it!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Bronx doesn’t deliver, does it?

currently barely able to leave my hotel room due to migraine and looking for recommendations for delivery pizza. 

3 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Bronx doesn’t deliver, does it?

currently barely able to leave my hotel room due to migraine and looking for recommendations for delivery pizza. 

Outlaw Pizza have their own delivery service. Seem to have good reviews (though they didn’t look particularly cheap to me). Not tried them as cheaper good options for Jomtien.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

12 minutes ago, davidge said:

Outlaw Pizza have their own delivery service. Seem to have good reviews (though they didn’t look particularly cheap to me). Not tried them as cheaper good options for Jomtien.

Thanks David

Something about the pictures on their site puts me off. It just looks a bit doughy 

IMG_3426.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Something about the pictures on their site puts me off. It just looks a bit doughy 

I've had a few from them, think they were Supreme Pizza and I found them pretty good.

• Like 2

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.