IGNORED

Bell buses

I took the Bell Bus in March and will be using it in July.

Good value, safe , efficient, clean and it is almost as fast as hiring a taxi.

It apppears from the forum that more and more BM's are using this mode of transportation.

So they only run at set time I see, which is fine..

So I presume if my flight arrives into BKK at 10.15 in morning and im thru customs by 10.45, its just a matter of waiting an hour at BKK airport until next bus leaves. Correct??

• 2 weeks later...

anyone tried it from pattaya to BKK? thinking about using it....

As i will obviously only be arriving with nothing but lots of € 1000 Baht notes,

i assume there is no problem with getting 800 change out of a 1000,

unlike the odd Go-Go or Beer Bar.

I dont want to be scammed before im out of Airport!!

I tried the Bell bus on my last trip because I had arrived early in the morning and so decided to head straight to Patts rather than stop over in BKK as I normally do.

The bus set off about 20 minutes late because it was waiting for some passengers to arrive. When the bus set off I realised that I was the only non-Indian or non-Arab in the bus. This mode of transport obviously appeals to the travellers from the Indian sub-continent.

One Arab guy wore a face mask for the entire journey. I am not sure whether this was because of his fear of catching swine flu or the fruity smell in the bus.

The seats in the bus reclined but you end up with the guy's seat in front of you almost resting in your lap.

When we got to Pattaya I couldn't wait to get off and sprung from my seat. But some Indian guy who was sitting behind me gestured to me that I should come back and raise my seat because he couldn't get out because my reclined seat was blocking his exit.

Then came the transfer to a smaller coach and the long trip around the different hotels.

On the way back from Pattaya the bus again waited almost half an hour for late passengers to arrive.

I think that I will stick to the taxi as it gets me where I want to go at a time that I can be certain of.

I tried the Bell bus on my last trip because I had arrived early in the morning and so decided to head straight to Patts rather than stop over in BKK as I normally do.

The bus set off about 20 minutes late because it was waiting for some passengers to arrive. When the bus set off I realised that I was the only non-Indian or non-Arab in the bus. This mode of transport obviously appeals to the travellers from the Indian sub-continent.

One Arab guy wore a face mask for the entire journey. I am not sure whether this was because of his fear of catching swine flu or the fruity smell in the bus.

The seats in the bus reclined but you end up with the guy's seat in front of you almost resting in your lap.

When we got to Pattaya I couldn't wait to get off and sprung from my seat. But some Indian guy who was sitting behind me gestured to me that I should come back and raise my seat because he couldn't get out because my reclined seat was blocking his exit.

Then came the transfer to a smaller coach and the long trip around the different hotels.

On the way back from Pattaya the bus again waited almost half an hour for late passengers to arrive.

I think that I will stick to the taxi as it gets me where I want to go at a time that I can be certain of.

The first time I used them it was great only about 10 of us on board and the bus left about 10 minutes late and took 1. hour 15 mins to get to to Pattaya, the second time I used them the sort of the same thing happened to me, the bus left 20 minutes late and was full of the Indian cricket team 555 but it did arrive quicker only 1 hour to Pattaya then changed to a minivan which dropped me off first at the Queen Vic, for 200 Baht it's a real bargain, I think the reason it's full of Indians is because if you get the 8am Bus the Jet Airway flights arrives about the same time as the Etihad flight, if you were to get the later bus at 10am there should be no problem and the bus will most likely be empty

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

The first time I used them it was great only about 10 of us on board and the bus left about 10 minutes late and took 1. hour 15 mins to get to to Pattaya, the second time I used them the sort of the same thing happened to me, the bus left 20 minutes late and was full of the Indian cricket team 555 but it did arrive quicker only 1 hour to Pattaya then changed to a minivan which dropped me off first at the Queen Vic, for 200 Baht it's a real bargain, I think the reason it's full of Indians is because if you get the 8am Bus the Jet Airway flights arrives about the same time as the Etihad flight, if you were to get the later bus at 10am there should be no problem and the bus will most likely be empty

Jason, you bastard, you are absolutely right. I caught the 8am bus. I should emphasize however that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a bus full of travellers who have just got on a plane straight from India but you do feel a little like the odd guy out.

On my first trip to pattaya we used the bus, paid 150B really good value and service (aircon and all) beats the taxis, it was our first time to Thailand but I could tell from their body language that the taxi's were trying to rip us off, however it must work sometimes as we got chatting to some girls in our hotel who paid 2000B :Bow5::) for a taxi from airport to The Swan hotel in BKK.

Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.

- Woody Allen

Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning.

- George W Bush

Never drink water, fish fuck in it. Drink beer instead.

- Nice Guy 2010

• 2 weeks later...

Good one.

Didn't know there was more than one.

Thanks a bunch.

S C

on last trip i used the bell bus 3 times everytime it worked a treat no problems great value quick and if the timetable

works for you go for it the other advantage over a taxi is you can sit down the bus and dont have to watch the antics on the road. my opinion a great service should be supported.

Used the Bell bus service June trip Pattaya to airport on advice from mate,called them 12 noon to book 3.oopm departure,short notice,good as their word they picked me up at hotel at 2.30pm,straight onto coach at bus station,checked in at airport 4.30pm,200baht all in.Excellent

• 3 weeks later...

my flight arrives on 03. august at 23:00 at bkk airport.

is there any bus going to pattaya at that time?

i dont really want to pay for taxi just for myself, if share, would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

for anyone arriving early in the morning, there is a public bus service for about 110 baht which leaves around 7am much before the first bell bus from the same area however the drop off points in pattaya can be a bit confusing so stay alert and clarify on approach

Going from A,dam to Bkk with china soon. arriveltime will be 0640. Will i make it to the 08.00 bus?

Going from A,dam to Bkk with china soon. arriveltime will be 0640. Will i make it to the 08.00 bus?

Not used the bus myself but I would of thought you would be well clear and out by then and the worst case sinario is you pay for the taxi you would have payed for had you not used the bus anyway.

anyone know if there's another bus service apart from Bell that goes airport - pattaya around 10/11 pm? - see the last bell bus is 6 p.m but flight doesn't arrive till 9. cheers.

Just recently took the Bell Bus to Pattaya from the airport at 10am on last thursday morning.

The bus started off outside Gate 7 until we reached Pattaya Nua Airconditioned Terminal and it only took a total of 1hr and 25mins.

Then we hopped into one of the smaller mini vans to our respective hotels.

All in the total time taken was just under 2 hrs.

Same for the return trip back.

Ups for Bell Bus !

Great info, I'll give them a try!

Traveling from BKK -PATTS do you need to book a seat on this bus or can you just roll up and take your chances obtaining a spare seat as I'm uncertain of my arrival time at BKK?

Edited by barmatt

• 4 weeks later...

Do the Bell Buses provide refreshments during the trip? I looked through the posts but didn't find any info......

Thanks

Do the Bell Buses provide refreshments during the trip? I looked through the posts but didn't find any info......

Thanks

At 200 baht,refreshments are not provided.

KETAMINE JUST SAY NEIGH

At 200 baht,refreshments are not provided.

I get what you are saying, I thought they might be available for purchase, as in a bar.

Thanks for replying......