Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bell buses

1 hour ago, semi-retired member said:

Travelled from Swampy today, B280 booked online, the bus was barely a quarter full but the rep sold a couple of walk-ups at B300 each.

Is that the company that takes you to your hotel or dropped off at a bus station?

37 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

Is that the company that takes you to your hotel or dropped off at a bus station?

Bell uses mini-vans to pick up/drop off  passengers at their hotels.  The Bell buses run between Swampy and the bus terminal on Pattaya Nua.

Edited by Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

8 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

Travelled from Swampy today, B280 booked online, the bus was barely a quarter full but the rep sold a couple of walk-ups at B300 each.

Iam not suprised it was a quarter full..thats mirroring the situation in pattaya now..bars are mostly empty at the moment. Think i may be looking for a different location next time

FWIW I've used Bell Travel for all 6 of my trips since 2012. Never an issue except occasionally with their website. Just one time, leaving Patts, I had a late night flight out so I had to use a taxi.

Either 1st or 2nd trip, staying at the Avenue Residence (condo) it wasn't listed on their drop down list but there was a spot to request a hotel and I had no problem with it. IIRC by the time I was heading back home the Avenue Residence was on the list.

I'm a fan. I'll keep using them. :Clap:

Edited by sulu

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

I’ve probably used them 40 times, without a single issue. Outstanding value, service and reliability!

I took Bell a couple of times but since they started make you book online, why bother? I take the 389 now. No need to worry about missing your bus if your flight arrives late.. No need to book in advance.. Hourly service.. If you are lucky, can get a last minute ticket (some even try to bribe). Even so, the most I ever waited was 45 minutes. I take the time to go to the basement to get some money, sometimes a SIM card, or get some food in the cheap food court.

If you have been to Pattaya before, you know the multitude of ways to get to your hotel after they drop you off (baht bus, moto taxi, hired baht bus, Grab, taxi).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used them for the transfer from my hotel in Bangkok to my hotel in Pattaya. They pick you up with a mini van from the hotel, which arrived even a little bit earlier then announced. A few more stops to pick up other passengers and then to their "bus hub" in the outskirt of Bangkok. Short wait and switching to a comfortable bus heading to Pattaya. In Pattaya same same - "bus hub" and with a mini van to the hotel.

Everything went smoothly, for 370 Baht very good value! Will use them again for my next trip, they even offer BKK - Hua Hin and vice versa. 

I will be using Bells when I get out of here on 21st.  I used the 389 bus getting down here last Wednesday night. Got to the stand to purchase ticket 6.59 pm and straight on 7 pm bus. Got to agree with an earlier post Pattaya is like a morgue at the moment its dead. This weekend glorious weather and the beach Saturday very few people, was surprised not that many weekending Thai's. Seems to be a few shops and massage shops closing down along Pattaya Klang where I stay. Hope it's more busy in Pattaya when I get back here at the end of January. Heading for Ho Chi Minh City on 21st which hopefully will be a little more busy. 

• 3 months later...

I've used Bell Transport three times now from hotel in BKK to hotel in Pattaya, and have had great service each time. The main coach "hub" bus is quite comfy, and has always been about 30% full, meaning I can always have an empty seat next to me and enjoy the view out the big windows. 

I've never been a fan of taxis, so I'm more than willing to take an extra hour or two to make the trip with Bell, while at the same time saving 1,000 baht +/-. Plus I don't have to worry about making small talk the entire trip to the occasional chatty taxi driver.  

• 3 months later...
Any word of when the bus will start running again from Jomtien to Airport?

Probably when flights start up again.

On 01/03/2020 at 09:16, Mr. Plug said:

I've used Bell Transport three times now from hotel in BKK to hotel in Pattaya, and have had great service each time. The main coach "hub" bus is quite comfy, and has always been about 30% full, meaning I can always have an empty seat next to me and enjoy the view out the big windows. 

I've never been a fan of taxis, so I'm more than willing to take an extra hour or two to make the trip with Bell, while at the same time saving 1,000 baht +/-. Plus I don't have to worry about making small talk the entire trip to the occasional chatty taxi driver.  

Just saw this.

Usually not near an extra hour or 2. At least not to LK Metro/mid-Pattaya.

From point to point the Bell bus takes about 15 minutes longer than a taxi. Now the "point" of the Bell Bus in Patts means is the bus terminal in northern Pattaya.

It WILL take an extra 10-30 minutes on average to get you TO/FROM the place you're staying and the bus terminal depending, of course, on where you're staying. So, an extra 25-45 minutes compared to the taxi - maybe.

Funny you mention a chatty taxi driver. I have had to take a taxi a couple of times back to BKK when the flight time didn't mesh well with the Bell Bus schedule. Last time, on March 12, I got a driver that was extremely polite and spoke English better than most.

And he kept talking almost the entire trip. :Hit_Self: :Laugh1:

Just saw this.
Usually not near an extra hour or 2. At least not to LK Metro/mid-Pattaya.
From point to point the Bell bus takes about 15 minutes longer than a taxi. Now the "point" of the Bell Bus in Patts means is the bus terminal in northern Pattaya.
It WILL take an extra 10-30 minutes on average to get you TO/FROM the place you're staying and the bus terminal depending, of course, on where you're staying. So, an extra 25-45 minutes compared to the taxi - maybe.
Funny you mention a chatty taxi driver. I have had to take a taxi a couple of times back to BKK when the flight time didn't mesh well with the Bell Bus schedule. Last time, on March 12, I got a driver that was extremely polite and spoke English better than most.
And he kept talking almost the entire trip. :Hit_Self: :Laugh1:

That is only if you leave at the same time. You are not counting the time it takes for the minivan to get to your residence or the time it takes to get to the bus station and wait. All in you need to buffer in an extra 1-2 hours.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sulu said:

It WILL take an extra 10-30 minutes on average to get you TO/FROM the place you're staying and the bus terminal depending, of course, on where you're staying

34 minutes ago, hioctane said:

That is only if you leave at the same time. You are not counting the time it takes for the minivan to get to your residence or the time it takes to get to the bus station and wait. All in you need to buffer in an extra 1-2 hours.

But you're right about the time in the terminal until the bus leaves. I'm not counting that because the bus (at BKK anyway) is scheduled 2 hours apart and it doesn't run 24/7.

But that's part of your travel plans, right ? If the schedule doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. If you land at BKK at 2 AM you're probably not going to reserve a spot on the 1st bus (8 AM ?). That's the largest advantage the taxi has. 

I stay in a condo. I schedule my leaving around the Bell bus if I can. Leaving Patts you should be in your hotel or condo so you schedule your day around the minivan/bus. Again, if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work.  :Dunno:

That's why I've used taxis twice. :)

Sent from my iMAC using Keyboard

8 hours ago, hioctane said:

Probably when flights start up again.

Flights are operating.

I have used BellBus many times between Suvarnabhumi airport (BKK) and my hotel in Pattaya, provided the bus timetable suits; it runs at two hour intervals each way. 280 bahts, rebooked on web.

I'm not prepared to wait for ages after getting off my plane, so when that happens I just take a taxi: costs more 1200-1500 bahts. Prebooked http://namstaxipattaya.com is 1200 plus 100 tip as I recall.

Bus is comfortable, air-con and safe on the freeway. Arriving from BKK at the bus station one transfers to a minibus to take you to the door of your hotel.

This is where things went wrong on one occasion. My suitcase was not in my minibus when we arrived at the hotel. After many phone calls I had to to return to the bus station and await the return of another minibus into which my case had been loaded in error.

Me, "Will you drive me to my hotel now, please."
Answer, "You have to wait an hour till the minibus goes on circuit again."

I took a taxi, think it cost 200 bahts.

Moral, always check your baggage is loaded into the correct minibus for your hotel.

Apart from this one occasion, service has always been good.

16 hours ago, jimboh said:

Flights are operating.

Not enough for a bus! 10:45 PM flight map below and even those aircraft have no call sign

image.png.eeac82f2a40cea3ca082d7cd1ae05292.png

• 1 year later...

Anyone know if Bell Travel are running buses between Suvarnabhumi and Pattaya at present?

Unable to book on the website

2 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Anyone know if Bell Travel are running buses between Suvarnabhumi and Pattaya at present?

Unable to book on the website

https://belltravelservice.com/#

I was able to get to the payment screen with fictitious name and date 18th May.There was a previous screen that asks you to select pick up point and drop off point but just pressed continue as looks like its not selectable.This bus looks like it does a few drop offs before last one at Jomtien bus station.

C32DCF4D-3D52-4A2D-B449-7B2C871B08D8.thumb.jpeg.ed294b17ba53d7fa0192e22cd3bb7d7b.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 03/11/2019 at 06:40, hioctane said:

I took Bell a couple of times but since they started make you book online, why bother? I take the 389 now. No need to worry about missing your bus if your flight arrives late.. No need to book in advance.. Hourly service.. If you are lucky, can get a last minute ticket (some even try to bribe). Even so, the most I ever waited was 45 minutes. I take the time to go to the basement to get some money, sometimes a SIM card, or get some food in the cheap food court.

If you have been to Pattaya before, you know the multitude of ways to get to your hotel after they drop you off (baht bus, moto taxi, hired baht bus, Grab, taxi).

I do this to but I still prefer the bell service because once at the bus stop it can be a shit fight getting transport to your hotel

Unless your lucky to be on the BB route.

Bell takes you straight there in the ( mini bus ). 

On 16/05/2022 at 04:16, Gaztop08 said:

I was able to get to the payment screen with fictitious name and date 18th May.There was a previous screen that asks you to select pick up point and drop off point but just pressed continue as looks like its not selectable.This bus looks like it does a few drop offs before last one at Jomtien bus station.

C32DCF4D-3D52-4A2D-B449-7B2C871B08D8.thumb.jpeg.ed294b17ba53d7fa0192e22cd3bb7d7b.jpeg

So is this bell ? I remember it been 220-230b there is no way they would reduce the price.

7 minutes ago, PThai said:

So is this bell ? I remember it been 220-230b there is no way they would reduce the price.

Well that screenshot is taken from the bell travel service .com website.Looking through some of this thread it would appear BM,s are calling Bell travel as the one that does individual drop offs to hotels with a minibus in Pattaya.
I was in Suvarnabhumi airport 24th June and used the bus transport to Pattaya no pre booking just cash at counter.Price paid 130 baht that ties in with this screenshot of 130 baht plus online service charge of 25 baht.

Didn’t look to me that there was another option at the counter of different bus then  having minibus drop off.I always get off at last stop Jomtien bus station.

17 hours ago, Gaztop08 said:

Well that screenshot is taken from the bell travel service .com website.Looking through some of this thread it would appear BM,s are calling Bell travel as the one that does individual drop offs to hotels with a minibus in Pattaya.
I was in Suvarnabhumi airport 24th June and used the bus transport to Pattaya no pre booking just cash at counter.Price paid 130 baht that ties in with this screenshot of 130 baht plus online service charge of 25 baht.

Didn’t look to me that there was another option at the counter of different bus then  having minibus drop off.I always get off at last stop Jomtien bus station.

Same on 24th May..... got off at Jomtien and got a Bolt to Bukow 75B , nice lady driver actually, could have probably got off at Pattaya Central and saved a few minutes. 

On 15/05/2022 at 14:16, Gaztop08 said:

RRC is the regular bus. If you go to https://airportpattayabus.com/ and click Book Now, they both go to the same site.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to pass this information about Bell Bus Service along:

Pattaya hotel door to Bangkok hotel door service is not available as of 8/21/22.

Pattaya hotel door to BBK Airport is available as of 8/21/22.

This information from Bell Bus Service email.

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 3